Story Notes:
Song: You Picked Me by A Fine Frenzy
No beta so all of the mistakes are mine...
Author's Chapter Notes:
In which Marie meets someone new and Logan has a bit of a potty mouth.

Sorry guys, no smut here~! ;D Just Logan with a colorful language.
~One, two, three
Counting out the signs we see~

Marie saw him for the first time when the X-men were coming back from a mission. He was in an X-men uniform, but she had never seen him personally before. Everyone at the school pretty much knew who all the X-men were, the X-men had picked up most of the students themselves.

Another thing that the all students knew was that the X-men do not let just anyone go on a mission. Most people don’t end up on the team. The X-men only accept the best of the best and if you couldn’t make the cut then it was just that simple. The latest addition the team had been Colossus, or Mr. Piotr to his art students, or “Mr. Rasputin if you must” to those who refused to call him by his first name. It had taken even him, who already knew how to fight before he even got to the mansion, forever to prove himself so he could get on the team. The Professor would never just send his students out to be slaughtered like helpless lambs; he wanted them to go out and save people from being killed, and that required highly trained individuals that could function as a team. So how could a complete stranger end up as a part of that?

She had only been at the school a short while but she had learned those basics. Scott had picked Marie up a few months ago at the border of Canada. She had fled her home after nearly killing her boyfriend and had emptied her savings account and purchased a bus ticket, hardly caring where it took her as long as it was well away from that awful sight of Cody convulsing on her bed as he screamed in her head.

She had entered the diner with the last of her meager funds,and purchased a small salad enjoying it as much as possible knowing it was going to be her last meal for a while. After hovering over her cup of hot chocolate for over two hours, she finally was booted out from the relative warmth of the building for the bitter cold of the north. Nothing in Mississippi had ever prepared her for these harsh winters in the north. So she ended up in the middle of nowhere near the border of some red-neck-truck-driver-stop town where the snow just wouldn’t STOP with no passport, no ID, no money and just a teenager’s rapidly dissipating idealistic view of the world. Marie had some vague idea of heading towards Laughlin but with no ride, she ended up just standing at the edge of the road staring vacuously in the direction she thought was north.

Eventually a black SUV with tinted windows pulled over to where she was standing. The driver had looked a bit suspicious wearing ruby-red sunglasses even though sun was completely hidden, but she was desperate for a ride. That was when Marie first met Scott, she had been lucky at that point she probably would have stepped in almost anyone’s car. She could have ended up in the back of a trailer that belonged to a bar hopper or cage fighter or someone like that, and could have hurt and killed someone or been hurt and killed in an innumerable amount of ways. As it was she just acquired a new nickname, ‘Rogue,’ and though she could tell that most people immediately realized it was just a pseudo-name no one ever pressed her for her the truth. When she ended up at the mansion, no one could say she wasn’t grateful for the privacy, courtesy, and selfless generosity these strangers had extended to her.

Even though she was only a recently became a student there, she knew almost everyone staying in the mansion. With Jubilee as a roommate even a nun with a vow of silence secluded in a dank cell, would have a hard time not meeting and learning a complete biography on anyone that had ever attended the school no matter how unwillingly the knowledge was forced upon her. If anyone needed to know anything about the drama was happening at the school, they could just ask the resident gossip. Jubes probably knew more about what was happening in the school then the Professor did, or at least found most information out before him. That was why it was so curious that Marie had never heard of this hunk of a man before. Jubes would have never let anyone that could look so damn sexy even when so beaten and battered pass her by without a comment… or a hundred.

The X-uniform hung loosely on his frame, recognizable from only the distinctive logo on the breast that remained unharmed. The rest seemingly was shredded by claws or riddled with holes that looked like a bullet had passed through though no wounds lay underneath. A small chunk of metal, swung back and forth as he stumbled forward, it looked like a dog tag but he and Mr. Summers were too far away for her to make out the engraving. He was bleeding sluggishly from slashes she could see on his chest and bloody footprints trailed behind them as he limped forward leaning heavily upon Mr. Summers.

“Come-on you pansy-ass little pussy! Your going to let a few boo-boo’s get you down? God, you weigh a ton! Let’s get you to your room before any of the children stumble upon you. We’ll let you recover there. I’ll have someone bring you some food later. Goddamnit! Just stay awake for a few more minutes! Why you can’t just avoid a few goddamn direct hits… You’re just such a fucking glutton for punishment... Wolverine, you realize you could have waited for us instead of rushing in there like some rabid animal? Damn you, just a bit further, gotta get your bones up these stairs and we’re home free! Your too heavy to carry all the way up those damn stairs, you little bastard, so you better be able to pull yourself together and help me get you up.”

By this time, Marie’s eyes were huge. She had never EVER heard Mr. Summers curse, not even when his bike, which he loved almost as much as his fiancé, Dr. Grey was keyed up after a trip to the mall. Not even when he was teaching self-defense and Sam Guthrie accidentally ran into him, and ended up breaking several of Mr. Summer’s ribs after slamming him into the other side of the Danger room. Obviously, ‘Wolverine’ and Mr. Summers didn’t have the best relationships.

Mr. Summers continues his tirade all the way to the sweeping stairs, before pausing and spotting Marie who was staring down at them from the top with huge brown eyes. “Marie!” He snapped, “What the hell are you doing here? Jean said she had cleared this area…” His eyes scanned the area looking for anyone else that might have escaped Dr. Grey’s notice. “Anyway,” he continued in a strained voice, his breath heavy with exertion, “get to breakfast already! Clear out and go away!” Her eyes that had already had that dear-caught-in-the-headlights look got wider if that was possible and she carefully edged to the opposite end of the stairs before she started stumbling down careful to keep a good distance between the two men and herself to prevent any accidents.

Everyone told her that she didn’t need to worry that much about her skin here, that she always covered up everything and that there was absolutely no chance of anyone touching her. At that point Remy would usually add something like “’Less dey plan on kissin’ ya, chere. ” Remy made her nervous more then anything; he always seemed to be flirting with disaster and had only missed getting a taste of her poisonous skin through her reflexes, which were rapidly improving since she had arrived. She could hardly breathe when he was around for fear that he was going to invade her personal bubble.

There were so many people with dangerous mutations here, St. John with his fire, Illyana,Mr. Piotr’s little sister, who could teleport people and things though right now her power was completely erratic, and Alison who could change music into light and sometimes even lasers! It made people forget to be careful around here. They were so incautious around her, making Marie fret and worry more because none of them had ever seen the after affects of one of her touches. She was on her guard continently so no one would touch her not even through her clothing, but it was exhausting work and she wished that she could have a day off where instead they were the one watching out for themselves. However, no way could she ask them that. They had already done so much for her and if they weren’t going to be careful then she was going to make sure that they would never see her mutation in action.

Scott continued berate and insult Wolverine as they made their slow way up the stairs before Wolverine finally broke in, coughing wetly a little blood trailing down his lip, “Fuck you, Scooter. If ya don’t shut your fuckin’ trap and get me to my room now, I’m just have to fuckin’ gut ya.” The man growled at Scott. They passed her by heading to the unused wing of the mansion.

Wolverine seemed to be in dire need of medical attention, but why Mr. Summers wasn’t taking him down to the med lab she had no idea. Instead, they were making their way upstairs. Marie’s own room was just below that hall, there was less of a chance of someone getting hurt if she wasn’t in the student dorms. The Professor had insisted, ignoring her protest, that she needed some friends around her and they couldn’t just isolate her, and so she ended up with Jubilee and some other kids.

Her stomach growled loudly, reminding her why she was up in the first place. Food. Sure there was a new hot guy in the school, but you had to have your priorities. She berated herself, why should she be so worried about him anyway? Those wounds probably were just superficial and weren’t bothering him that much. Mr. Summers was taking care of it. And if Mr. Summers was taking care of him, even if they didn’t seem to be friends, it should turn out alright after all he’s Cyclopes the great fearless leader of the X-men. If Wolverine’s wounds were that bad Mr. Summers would have taken the man down to see Dr. Grey, or at least Mr. McCoy.

She remembered the huge fuss that happened whenever she sprained her arm for the first time falling from one of the trees. Sure it hurt like a bitch, but Mr. Summers scooped her up and had her down in the Medlab in an instant despite her nonstop babble about not touching her and how she really didn’t think it was that bad. No way would anyone in the mansion let someone leave the Medlab with any kind of serious injury.

Kitchen. Food. She needed to get there quickly if she wanted get anything before all the boy’s took it. It was nearly 8:15, she usually liked to get there early to avoid the crowd, and get her choice picks but someone had reset her alarm. Probably Jubilee, that girl was definitely not a morning person. Ah, well, maybe she get the chance to exchange gossip with Jubes over who this mystery man could be.


~The tall buildings
Fading in the distance~

Finally made it to the room. Didn’ think I was gonna to make it. ‘mosted passed out couple of times. Damn Scooter for stoppin’ in the middle of those fucking stairs. Some chick was standin’ there. Not bad smell. ‘Most like those ‘nilla candles ‘Ro sets up sometimes. Still kinda lingerin’ round ‘ere.
Fucking tired as all hell. One-eye wouldn’ keep his fuckin’ mouth shut either. Need sleep. Factor can only take so much for it forces a coma. Soon as I made it to the room, shoved Scooter out the door with what strength I had left and bolted it behind him.

Heard his muffled curse, then footsteps fadin’ in the distance. Smell of rage. Fainter now, though. That’s good, leave me be. At least Chuck had the decency to clear this area. Last time ‘factor was overloaded so bad had to be shoved in the medbay. Never want that to happen ‘gain. Woke up and thought I was back there. Shit. ‘Least it’s not near those pipsqueaks. Don’ know if I could deal with some fuckin’ kids tryin’ to get in, makin’ noise an’ leavin’ smells everywhere with their fuckin’ ragin’ hormones.

Heh, guess Jennie’s losin’ her touch though. Missed that little rugrat out on the stairs if what Summers was mumblin’ ‘bout was right. Found me quick ‘nough though. Shit. Shouldnna be laughin’ for ‘few days, guts shot to all hell. Even if Scooter’s expression when he saw her was fuckin’ priceless, too bad din’ have a camera, not that I would have been able to shoot the picture. But it’s the thought that counts, or so they tell me.

Peaceful here. Good. Sound proofed room while back in case I came back here. Promised ‘self I wouldn’. Ha. That plan worked well. I ‘member last time when I stole Scooter’s bike, was nice watchin’ all these goddamn buildin’s fade in the distance. Christ. That was a nice feeling. Getting’ out, bein’ free. Told myself I was goin’ to leave the superhero business all behind. Start a new life. Get laid. Get drunk. Not get killed for any of these assholes. Y’know, the usual. Ha-fuckin’-ha. Fuckin’ riot.

Soon as I get away for a few weeks, and finally am feelin’ more than a little tipsy, don’t fuckin’ get me started on how hard that was, Chuck has to interrupt it all and screw it all to hell. ‘Parently some FoH got their hands on a few kids. Needed some extra firepower getting’ ‘em out of the labs. No way was I gonna leave ‘em there and let those damn scientist to do god-knows-what to ‘em, like they did to me. World couldn’t take ‘nother me, though some would say already has one too many. Good deed done for the day at least. Try to do one nice thing and look where it fuckin’ lands me. ‘Most dead and barely makin’ it to the room. Thanks for the fuckin’ back up X-Geeks. ‘Least the kids got out, ‘parently they weren’t too fucked up. Not like me.

Shit. Wonder if that broad in the hallway was a student, seemed terrified at least.. Prolly scared to all hell that I was gonna kill ‘er or somethin’. I’d think that, ‘least if I wasn’ me saw all that blood. Though I wish I could get my claws into those scientists ‘gain, somethin’ always feels right when I’m tearin’ into their gut and the scent of their blood is so strong I can practically taste it. The sheer pleasure of feelin’ their skin part and watchin’ all those ‘portant things fallin’ out. Terror in their eyes as life slowly leaves them. Sound of their screams ecohin’ in my ears…

Fuckin’ hell Not NOW! Wolverine fuckin’ wants in control. Feedin’ me those blood thirsty scenes that aren’t mine. He wants in control so bad, so he can go rippin’ through the entire mansion and kill everyone. Those kids we just saved, the Prof, Summers, though honestly wouldn’ not mind scarin’ that last one lil’ more then a bit. Maybe he would rape Jennie and some of the other girls ‘round here. Fuckin’ animal, I can feel ‘im growlin’ in me right now, waiting for me to let ‘im loose. Not gonna happen, bub. Though you may try, even at my weakest I’m smarter than you, you fuckin’ asswipe.

Stay in control. Helps sometimes if I meditate. Donno where I learned it but it helps keep ‘im down most of the time. Not gonna happin’ right now though. Couldn’t concentrate long ‘nough to ride a motorcycle down to a bar let ‘lone clear my mind.

I can get ‘im down though. Just need some more time. Not safe yet. Need time to heal. To get in control. More control then I have now. Not safe for people to be around, liable to gut ‘em rather then talk ‘em. Don’t have the strength to make it to the bed either. Heh. Probably didn’ help any that I haven’t gotten a good night’s rest the past week. Been running on fumes tryin’ to drown the ‘mares. Wish I could leave for that cabin lil’ ways outside the mansion that Chuck had set up for me. Least as soon as I get a few more of my guts in the right place. Don’t want to be near these do-gooders any longer than it takes to heal.

OW! SHIT! Fuckin’ slidin’ down that damn door hurt more than thought it was gonna. Ripped off some of the scabs on the holes that hadn’t quite healed. Shit. Not good. Losin’ even more blood, ‘nd now vision startin’ ta go. I can feel ‘self start to growl but just can’t seem ta care. Know the pain’s not goin’ to stop when ‘m sleep, but my body wants it bad, it just want to be fixed. Ha, fixed. Damn. Forgot, no laughing. Dim light pourin’ out of the covered windows startin’ ta go with my vision. At least I’ll be feelin’ bit better when I get up.!