It must be past midnight now. I can’t tell for sure because I haven’t got any watch with me, as I didn’t own one. The lady who was seated next to me is gone too, or else I’d have been able to ask her. Which left me with only two options: either forego all caution and ask for the time from that weird guy or shut up my mouth and keep quiet.
Needless to say that I chose the second option.
I must be mental to think something like this, but I have to say that I am warming up to him with every passing second. He got up a little while before and having found the apartment empty except for the two of us, he has taken off his cap to reveal a very handsome face, though wearing sunglasses at the middle of the night somewhat dampened the effect. He has to be in his late teens but didn’t possess certain qualities some guys of his age have. Like raging hormones. I could tell it because he hasn’t made any move on me even though we are quite alone in here. The fact that he could be trusted up to a certain extent has eased my mind a bit. I even feel like asking his name, maybe if I start acting friendlier he wouldn’t hesitate to make conversation.....
Damn that thought! I can’t believe I’m thinking about another guy when I’m supposed to be looking for someone else. Someone who has become so close to me, like a mixture of parent and brother, someone who willingly gave up his powers temporarily in order to save my life, someone without whose help I’d have been dead a long time ago. And here I am, fancying thoughts of making acquaintances with some guy I hardly know when the person I really care about is somewhere out there, in a possible state of danger. I need to take a leaf out of Ms. Grey’s book and focus my mind on what’s more important.
Which is, finding him as soon as possible.