Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a quick chapter while I work on the main plot.
Flicking on the TV Logan grabbed the remote from the table and channel surfed until he found the hockey game he was looking for. Picking at the plate of food he’d taken from Marie Logan smirked, there was no way that he was taking the food to Scooter. Marie had been spending too much time with him lately. Thinking back to the scent that he’d smelt on her in the kitchen Logan had his suspicions about why Scooter wanted Marie’s help and it wasn’t because he was sick. Making note of it Logan focused on the game, he didn’t feel in the least threatened by Scott’s interest in Marie.


Rolling over to look at the clock Scott groaned, he would have to get up to make an appearance at dinner or Rogue would be worried and other people would come asking questions. Noticing that everything was as it had been before he passed out he decided that he must have been to out of it to wake up when Rogue stopped by with food. Climbing out of bed he walked to the bathroom on shaky legs and turned on the shower. Remembering some lollies in his bedside table Scott went to find them in the hopes of getting some energy into himself. After eating a handful of the sweets he went to shower. The hot spray on his back quickly woke his body and soothed the protesting muscles that ached from the brief touch that morning. Quickly finishing Scott dried, dressed and glanced in the mirror to see his pale reflection. Running his hands over his face and heading down to the dinning hall Scott mentally prepared himself with the excuse of a stomach bug.

Taking his usual seat at the staff table Scott repeated his stomach bug story several times in answer to questions before he ate his way through two plates of food and the same for desert. Nodding vaguely at Jean who kept telling him that eating well was a good sign that he was recovering, Scott’s eyes roamed the crowd in search of Rogue. At the end of the meal Scott headed back to bed, as much as he wanted to track down Rogue he was to exhausted and his body ached. Falling into bed again Scott had barely closed his eyes when he passed out again.

Waking in the morning with his muscles relaxed and feeling less drained Scott glanced up at a knock at the door. A moment later Jean walked in to check on him, after a quick check she told him to stay in bed for the morning and see how he felt later. Relaxing in the warmth of the blankets Scott let his mind wander and sleep took him moments later.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback Please!