Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is writing its self. Feedback more then welcome.
After crying herself into a restless sleep for what was left of the night waking from nightmares only to cry herself to sleep again, Rogue woke up to the insistent rattle of her door as Logan knocked repeatedly and called out to her. Sliding off the bed and approaching the door Rogue stopped short of opening it and let her hand hover over the lock. ‘I know your there Rogue, I can smell you. Hurry up or we’re guna be late for Chuck’s meeting.’ Stepping back in horror at remembering the meeting Rogue retreated further into the room. The idea of facing the team and the professor after they found out that she had almost killed Scott again made her tears well up again. She would be thrown out for sure this time, they would never forgive her for hurting him again after they had all warned her last time. ‘Marie, what’s takin so long?’ Taking a steadying breath Rogue called through the door, ‘ I need a minute.’ Logan stopped banging on the door and waited outside for her to be ready. Pulling on a clean top and washing her face quickly Rogue started at her wary reflection and reminded herself that she would have to face them sometime and now was better than later. Maybe Logan would take her away and she would never have to face the damning eyes she dreaded.

Logan sighed and glanced at the door, women always took so damn long to get ready. Listening to Marie moving around behind the door he knew that he had woken her but had left her to sleep for as long as he could. He had heard her wake several times during the night from restless sleep and had expected her to come to him each time. Listening to her cry herself to sleep each time she woke he wished that he could have gone to her but knew that she would come to him when she was ready. Finally turning as the door opened he frowned briefly as Rogue came to stand next to him. Gone was the usually smiling happy woman, replaced by a tired wary Rogue that looked at him expectantly as though waiting for a punishment. He watched her for a moment wondering again what had made her cry all night. ‘U ok?’ Marie looked surprised for a moment then frowned. Nodding she turned and headed for the meeting leaving him to stare at her back before he quickly followed.

Entering the professors office and noticing that nobody looked at her with much interest Rogue’s eyes sought Scott but found him missing. The professor quickly started the meeting noting that Scott was ill and was resting upstairs. After the meeting Rogue hung back as people left and when the professor said nothing to her she slipped out the door and almost ran to her room. Locking the door behind her she fell onto her bed relief and guilt flooding her as she thought about Scott being ‘ill’ and that he hadn’t told the professor what had happened. Deciding it was best to stay in her room so that she wouldn’t see Scott, Rogue pulled her shoes off and pulled the covers up to her nose. Hoping that they could pretend that nothing had happened and knowing that Scott was ok or he would be in the med bay, Rogue drifted into sleep.

Waking up when it was dark outside Rogue’s tummy grumbled and she reached for the lamp beside her flicking it on and blinking to adjust the brightness. Pulling the covers back and searching for shoes Rogue shrugged and wandered bare foot to the door. Listening carefully she decided that everyone must be asleep. Reaching for the door s felt something brush her foot and glanced down to see a folded piece of paper with her name written neatly on the front. Bending to pick it up she quickly read it.

Meet me at the pool again, same time, don’t forget your bathers. S.

Closing her eyes Rogue held the note tightly in her hand. He must have slid it under the door while she was asleep. Checking the time she saw that she had just over an hour to decide if she was going to meet him or not and headed for the kitchen as her stomach growled.





Back in her room with a plate of leftovers and a soda Rogue read and re read the note as she ate her dinner. Her hopes that last night would be forgotten were crushed and now she had to decide what to do. She liked Scott, she had spent many an hour fantasizing about and admiring him from a distance. A relationship was hard enough with deadly skin, but she had never considered that Scott might actually find her attractive or think of her as more than a friend. They had started to grow closer during the time they had spent together after Logan had left and her feelings had developed, his must have too. The fact that Scott wanted her in return filled her with happiness but would he still want her if they couldn’t touch? He hadn’t told her his feelings until after they touched. Then there was always Logan to consider. She was certainly in lust with him but she didn’t know if her feelings went deeper than that. Now that he had returned, seeming even more protective Rogue didn’t know what to expect from him. Reading the note again and looking at the clock Rogue closed her eyes and struggled to make a decision. Letting out a deep breath words from last night came back to her, ‘I’ve wanted this for so long. I’ve wanted to be with you. Please tell me you want this too?’

Opening her eyes Rogue picked up her bathers and towel.

Scott sat on the edge of the pool with his legs dangling in the water watching the way the stars seemed to ripple when he moved his legs. He still felt weak from kissing Rogue last night but he was wishing that he could do it again. Last night he had confessed his feelings to her, or at least told her that he wanted to be with her, that was proberly going to need elaborating. He had been so happy when he had kissed her for the first time, she tasted of nutmeg with traces of chlorine that didn’t hide the taste that was just so Rogue. He’d been surprised when her mutation hadn’t kicked in but had taken full advantage of the fact, he’d been just as happy that she had kissed him back matching his eagerness with every kiss. He smiled to himself remembering and hoped that she would get his message and meet him, he knew that she had been avoiding him because of the unexpected return of her mutation. He had been thinking about it for most of the day while he lay in bed trying to recover from the kiss. He had touched her more than once now without being hurt, in fact it was much more than once if you counted last nights make-out session. Feeling a little silly at being so happy about making out but smiling even wider Scott continued his line of thought. He couldn’t figure out why he was sometimes able to touch Rogue’s bare skin without being hurt while other times he had been left comatose. Although the kiss that left him weak even now, it merely made him weak not seriously ill. The only things that he could think of that were the same whenever they touched safely was that Rogue had been recently wet and in various stages of undress, not that he’d minded at all either time.

Glancing up as a distant light threw shadows down the grounds Scott watched as a figure moved out an open door closing it behind them obscuring themselves in the darkness. Glancing up at the stars in the clear sky Scott slid all the way into the water enjoying the cool feeling that surrounded him and lay back to float so he could watch the stars. A minuet later he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and Rogue emerged from the darkness. Standing again Scott smiled up at her and waded to the edge of the water so that they were closer. ‘Hey, that invitation still stand?’ Scott grinned, ‘I’m glad you came, and of course it stands Rogue.’ He watched her sit down just out of reach and look at her hands as they pulled up blades of grass. Lifting himself out of the water easily and moving closer to Rogue he stopped when she jumped up and backed away from him putting her hands behind her back. Pushing away the flash of hurt that he knew showed on his face he simply held his hand out to Rogue. She looked at it for a few moments then looked up to meet his eyes. ‘ Your wearing gloves Rogue. Or don’t you trust me at all anymore.’ Surprised at the bitterness in the words Scott dropped his hand and turned away from Rogue. He sat down suddenly on the grass, his head in his hands and closed his eyes to regain his composure. Turning to look up at Rogue he saw that her eyes were full of guilt and hurt. ‘I’m sorry. I had no right to say that, I just wish that you could trust me.’ He watched as Rogue stood still looking down at him for a long moment before she spoke. ‘It’s not you I don’t trust.’ Scott heard the tears in her voice and motioned for her to sit beside him so that he could hold her. Rogue looked at him then moved and sat down out of reach motioning for him to stay were he was. Scott looked at his own hands now, he just knew that this was because Rogue didn’t want to be with him. He had thought that she had but now thought that her reaction last night may have just been her excitement at being able to touch. I t hurt that she would reject him but he wanted her to be happy. He glanced up at her as she watched the water, ‘seeing as I am wearing my bathers I’m goin for a swim.’ Scott done his best to smile up at her as she walked to the water and disappeared below the surface.

Laying back on the grass and feeling his tears slide down his temples Scott tried to control his emotions and reasoned that she hadn’t actually rejected him yet, just avoided him. After ten minuets or so he heard Rogue lift herself out of the water and glanced up to see her bikini clad body rise out of the pool as the water ran down her body making her bathers cling to her curves dangerously. Scott willed himself to look away but his eyes were glued to her body as his mind imagined his hands running over her curves, across her softly rounded stomach and up. Blinking at the expectant look on her face he blushed and thanked the darkness for covering it. ‘Sorry?’ Rogue smiled and walked over to her towel and bent torturously slow to pick it up. Scott’s eyes followed her every move as she dried slowly and lay the towel down and sat on it. Scott shut his eyes tight memorising what he had just seen while trying to reign in his body before it got him in trouble. Lying back with his hands under his head so that he couldn’t reach out and grab Rogue, Scott looked over at her and grinned wickedly. Rogue was staring through the dark at the bulge in the front of his shorts. As Rogue dragged her eyes back up to meet his he could have sworn that she turned a little more red.
‘Kiss me.’
Rogue’s eyes widened, ‘xcuse me?’
‘You heard me. I know you don’t trust yourself but I trust you. I wont move, I promise.’
Rogue blinked a few times and then gave a shy smile and moved forward. Scott stayed on his back with his hands under his head, grateful that he was unable to use them. As Rogue moved closer Scott could smell her and the memories of her taste tantalised him making him strain with the effort of keeping still.
Hesitating with her lips and body held millimetres over his Rogue whispered, ‘are you sure? I don’t want to hurt you.’ Scott made a small nod and smiled at her as she let out a breath that she had been holding while waiting for his answer. Watching her small smile mingled with fear Scott tilted his head slightly so that their lips were all but touching. Moving quickly Rogue leaned down over Scott and kissed him tentatively savouring the taste of his kiss and the apple and spices flavour it left on her lips. Pulling back slightly and looking into his smiling eyes Rogue grinned and then their lips met again. Feeling no pull they deepened the kiss enjoying each other until Scott shifted letting his hands free so that he could pull Rogue closer against him, their bare skin touching everywhere except where his shorts protected them and Rogue’s bikini covered. Rogue pulled back looking into his eyes with a grin on her face, ‘ hold still huh?’ laughing Rogue captured his lips again and pressed against him. Scott rolled over taking Rogue with him so that she was pinned beneath him and pulled away to look down at her. Brushing the stray hairs away from her face Scott smiled full of happiness and kissed Rogue lightly before pulling back again. ‘You know, we should take this slow.’
Rogue smiled up at him, ‘we aren’t?’
Scott grinned and let his eyes follow the curve of Rogues cheek down to her neck and wished that he could see more. ‘well we are, but if this keeps up we wont be.’
Rogue grinned and pressed against his crotch gasping as she felt the intimate contact through their clothes. Scott groaned when Rogue pressed against him again and pressed her into the ground pinning her down. Suddenly pushing her head back Scott latched onto the sensitive pulse point just below Rogue’s ear and she cried out in pleasure and arched her back pressing into Scott. Surprised at the immediate intensity of the feeling he was producing Rogue gasped for air and dug her nails deep into Scott’s biceps causing him to graze his teeth against the sensitive spot. Moaning as the feeling shot strait down and feeling the muscles there tighten Rogue pressed against Scott’s hardness again rolling her hips knowing that she was close already and seeking release. As suddenly as he started Scott pulled away moving a few feet away to kneel on the grass. Moaning in frustration and at the sudden departure of Scott Rogue sat up her eyes glassy, face flushed and breathing ragged. Scott was watching her and shook his head. ‘We need to stop this now or I wont be able to, your to damn irresistible!’ Rogue sat trying to catch her breath her chest rising and falling rapidly, her body covered only in her bikini. Scott snapped, stood and walked away, disappearing into the darkness.

Rogue watched after him for a minuet then collapsed back onto the grass. Closing her eyes she tried to regain some composure. She knew that Scott had left because he didn’t want to push her but at that moment she could think of nothing she wanted more than to never ever stop what they had started. Breathing deeply and knowing that she would go insane if she didn’t find release soon Rogue stood up, gathered her things and headed back to her room.