Author's Chapter Notes:
I am torn as to the Logan or Scott issue. Please give me some feedback so that I can fix this!
Waking to her alarm Rogue muttered rudely at it and rolled out of bed. Some days it just didn’t seem fair that it was necessary to get out of bed. Turning on the hot water in the shower Rogue stepped under the spray and washed quickly knowing that she had to meet with Scott before class started. Hurrying down the hall to the danger room where Scott had insisted they meet Rogue stepped into the room and saw Scott waiting, sitting with a book on the other side of the room. When he looked up at her entrance and smiled Rogue approached him. Opening her mouth to ask what he wanted to talk about rogiue froze as the Professor’s voice announced that the mornings classes would be cancelled. Scott smirked at the message that he had received at the same time.

What did you want to talk about Scott?
Your mutation, I want to figure out why I was able to touch you once but after that I couldn’t.
It doesn’t matter, you cant risk ending up in the med lab again because of some fluke.
Do you really think it was a fluke?
I don’t know, maybe we never actually touched the first time?
No, I’m sure that we did. Listen, if we’re careful I’m sure that we can figure it out without getting hurt. There must have been a reason that it happened, we just have to figure it out.
Maybe… I couldn’t stand it if you got hurt again. Not to mention how the Professor would react if he found out what we were doing.
We’ll be careful I promise.

After spending the morning sitting and planning ways that they could test Rogues mutation they had made plans to test it later that night. rogue was nervous but Scott had convinced her that he would be safe and that he would stop at a word from her so that he wasn’t putting her under pressure.


Sitting in the empty med lab later that night waiting for Scott to arrive Rogue thought back to when they had touched. It had been to quick for her to enjoy it or savour the feeling. Hopeful that tonight she would get that chance she looked up at the sound of the doors sliding open.


Scott smiled warmly at Rogue noticing the hopeful look in her eyes and quickly made one last check to make sure that the lab was empty. Letting his eyes settle on Rogue as she waited on the empty gurney he allowed himself a moment to take her in. Ducking his head to hide the new smile that played on his lips he quietly filed away in his mind the way her clothes clung to her luscious curves. The place that he filed all of his Rogue thoughts away was starting to get full, although he certainly didn’t mind. Quietly berating himself in his mind he reminded himself that he had to focus… and not an Rogue’s body… at least not until later! Quickly scolding himself for enjoying that thought so much he moved over to where Rogue waited patiently.

Laying on her bed Rogue listened as Logan gave her another ‘What were you thinking’ speech and waited until he was done saying ‘it should have been me if anyone’ before she reminded him he was going to make the mission late. Listening to him mutter about being told what to do as he headed for the door Rogue thanked whoever was listening for giving her a break from the lectures. I’ll be back in a week so don’t think that this is the end of that conversation. With Logan and the rest of the team gone it would be much quieter so now she could actually think and process what had happened.

Scott had gone down pretty quickly at the first touch. But he had woken up less than a day later so she didn’t feel too bad. The other plus was that having been prepared Scott had organised himself and so there was almost no transfer of memories. He was glad that they had tried and still insisted that he had no regrets. That didn’t stop people blaming her, but she could see their view - it was her mutation so she was responsible. Having been given a clean bill of health he had been keen to go on the mission but Jean had insisted that he needed time to recover from the ‘ordeal’ and so had been left behind along with her.

Jean still held onto her feelings for him but everybody knew that Scott had moved on a long time ago. Occasionally she used make a pass at him but his rejection of her had eventually led it to stop. She had been even angrier at Rogue than the others. But had said that she could understand why Rogue had let Scott try.

A knock on the door drew Rogue back to the present and she slid off the bed to answer it. Trying to smile to the small student waiting there she absently noticed that the heatwave had gotten worse. Nodding in acknowledgment that dinner was ready and watching the student run off Rogue wandered down to eat.

Sitting watching the students in their bathing suits and towels eating dinner Rogue bit back her jealousy and decided that she would head out to the pool after everybody was asleep. That way she could enjoy the water without fear of hurting people, and it wasn’t getting any cooler. A smile spread across her face as she realised that she could wear her bikini bathers that Jubes had made her buy. Having never had the chance to use it Rogue now planned on taking full advantage of this opportunity.

Slipping down to the pool through the darkness Rogue could practically feel the coolness on her skin before she was even close to the water. Dropping her towel on the ground and adding her shirt and pants to the pile Rogue walked to the edge of the water and gazed down at the starry sky. Taking a second to enjoy the reflection and the freedom of her bared skin she breathed deeply before diving in.