Author's Chapter Notes:
More to come, reviews more than welcome. Enter Logan.
Rogue screamed in panic as she curled into a ball and edged backwards against the wall. Terrified that she might accidentally brush against Scott in her blindness and hurt him further, if she’d not killed him already. Curled in a ball and leaning against the wall Rogue screamed until she heard running feet and voices at the door. The door was thrown open as people rushed into the room.

Piotr quickly surveyed the room taking in Rogue with her eyes squeezed tightly shut and Scott in a heap on the floor. Rushing to Scott’s side Piotr found a pulse and turned to a student behind him. ‘Call Dr. Grey. Now.’ Piotr then moved over to Rogue who sensing someone close to her curled into herself more and screamed; ‘Don’t touch me, don’t touch me, don’t touch me.’

Two hours later Rogue sat in the infirmary, her world was red and the sedative that she had been given was starting to wear off. Scott’s spare goggles that Jean had resized for her helped her to see but Rogue was still uneasy. Scott was unconscious on the hospital bed across the room but in a stable condition. Jean approached Rogue slowly watching her reactions to gauge how quickly the sedative was wearing off.

‘So Rogue. Can you tell us what happened to Scott? Why did you touch him?’ Jean sat in front of Rogue waiting for an answer. She knew that he had been in Rouges room when he was found and was clearly wondering why. The fact that Rogue was still dressed only in her bath robe had the doctor even more curious. Rogue new of course that telling Jean that her ex had seen her naked twice in that evening would not help to ease the doctors mind.

Silently thanking her ability to create mental blocks that Jean couldn’t get through Rogue told her that she had come out of the bathroom and Scott was there, then she had fallen and Scott had touched her while trying to catch her. It was after all not a complete lie. Jean accepted this explanation and told Rogue to go to bed. As it was late Rogue decided that it would be a good idea but asked to be kept informed of Scott’s condition.

Finally curled up in bed Rogue sighed and wondered at how even the darkness could look tinged with red. She then set to work putting away the memories that had come from the brief contact she had had with Scott. Trying not to focus on them as she put them away Rogue couldn’t keep them all from overwhelming her. Rogue was somewhat proud and yet embarrassed by the memory of how Scott had felt when he had seen her naked. Rogue admitted to herself how odd it felt to find yourself attractive and pushed the memory away as she felt a stirring that wasn’t hers. When all of Scott’s memories and feelings were safely locked away Rogue sighed deeply and hoped again that Scott would be ok. Then fell asleep.

The next morning Rogue was awakened by the Professor requesting that she come to his office as soon as she was ready.

Two weeks later after another meeting with the Professor to assess the control over the optic powers Rogue now possessed she felt the powers turn off. It was as though a light switch had flicked. Returning to the Professor immediately Rogue told him and together they tested Rouges eye’s. After three consecutive attempts for Rogue to destroy an expensive vase failed the Professor was quiet for a few minuets. He then smiled and moved to the door; ‘if you would like to accompany me Scott has regained consciousness.’



In the infirmary with the Professor, Rogue was quick to assure for herself that Scott was conscious and well. Standing a few feet away from him Rogue apologised for touching him and was about to leave when Scott spoke. ‘It was my idea to touch so you don’t have to apologise.’ This was news to Jean and the Professor who both stared at Scott for a moment before turning to look at Rogue expectantly. After another hour in the infirmary where a more accurate story of how and why Scott had touched Rogue was told (leaving out the nakedness) Rogue was free to leave and quickly fled to her room to avoid questions and scrutiny about her lie to Jean and the Professor.

Having spent the rest of the afternoon in her room avoiding people, Rogue had just slipped into bed when there was a knock on the door. Wanting to feign sleep but knowing that she had to face people eventually Rogue climbed out of bed and opened the door. Shocked to find Lagan standing on the other side Rogue froze for a moment with her mouth hanging open. When Logan smiled down at her with an eyebrow raised Rogue flew into his arms and held him to her.

Arriving at the mansion after nightfall and when most were in bed already was the was that Logan preferred it. There were less people to hassle him and he could have the night before he had to deal with people. Leaving the bike in the garage Logan slid into the house through the side door and headed up the stairs to his usual room. Stopping at the familiar door of the reason he came back to the mansion Logan took a deep breath, just to make sure she was ok. He could smell the anxiousness and the sadness that was in her scent even through the door. Wanting to find out what was causing these emotions to overwhelm his Marie’s familiar scent he knocked on the door. He knew she was awake, he could hear movement on the other side of the door so he waited for her to answer.

When Marie opened the door he waited for her to react to his presence. Smelling the change in her scent go from anxious to happy Logan let himself give her a rare smile and then braced himself as she filled his arms and clung to him like a life line.