Story Notes:
More to come, Please send me feedback. I'm still nervous as this is my first story.
Author's Chapter Notes:
More to come, feedback PLEASE!
Rogue could have sworn that Logan was there. That he had comforted her when she had woken from one of his nightmares, her screams echoing in the darkness. But now with the harsh morning sun came the solitude.

It was a good thing too that he wasn’t there Rogue decided. It had been so hot through yesterday that it had heated her room to unbearable temperatures that had not been driven away by the rising moon. Thanking the privilege of having her own room Rogue had decided to forego her pyjamas and slept naked. She had checked that the door was locked and thrown open the windows in the hope of inviting a cool breeze. Rogue laughed quietly as she showered, the thought of Logan finding her naked in bed not at all an unappealing notion for her.

Dressing and hurrying to breakfast before class Rogue’s mind drifted to thoughts of Logan naked with her in bed. Distracted she didn’t notice Scott coming in the opposite direction walking backwards until she walked straight into him a box of fruit scattering at their feet. Blushing and quickly helping to clear the mess Rogue was quick to apologise for her absentmindedness. Scott brushed away the apology and hurried off in the opposite direction that he had been coming in.

Finally making it to class Rogue pulled out the lesson plan and waited for the last of the students to arrive.

Walking into the cafeteria for lunch Rogue was more than glad that she had the afternoon free due to an excursion that Ororo was taking the students on. Heading to the teachers table and settling beside Scott, Rogue slipped into the conversation that was happening easily. The conversation heated up when Scott and Piotr started arguing the battle tactics of last nights movie and quickly escalated to a danger room session to see who had the better point. With Ororo away with the students and the Professor and Jean away at a conference Rogue was chosen to be the tie breaker on which tactic was better.

Sitting with Piotr watching Scott’s battle plan play out Rogue was given a constant monolog of the weak spots in the strategy. At the end of the battle Scott joined Rogue and Piotr in the viewing room. He was covered in sweat and dirt from leading his battle from the front line. Smirking Piotr headed into the danger room to lead his battle simulation and Rogue was alone with Scott.

After sitting in silence for ten minuets Scott finally pipped up saying; Sorry about this morning, I was completely distracted. Rogue was quick to return the apology and then the two sat in silence for a while. While watching the battle play out in front of her, Rogue’s mind drifted off and soon images of Logan finding her naked in bed filled her mind. It wasn’t until the simulation ended abruptly and Piotr bounded into the room that Rogue slipped back to reality. Pulling herself back to the present Rogue glanced at Scott to see if he had noticed her lack of attention. To her surprise Scott seemed to be struggling to pull himself together too.

With both men looked at her expectantly Rogue was at a loss for what so say having completely zoned out while Piotr’s simulation played. Quickly improvising Rogue hurried to provide a neutral comment. ‘Well, they both ended the same way and it was kind of hard to see who lost the most men. So umm… I think that Piotr had better umm timing with his strikes…’ Seeing the scandalised look on Scott’s face Rogue struggled to find a defining quality to his battle tactic. ‘But Scott had errr…. better forplanning.’ Seeing the men weighing up her comments Rogue quickly excused herself and fled to her room before they could decide that they wanted a play by play analysis.




Having used her afternoon watching battle scenarios Rogue decided it was time to relax and avoid any probing questions from Scott and Piotr. Wandering into the bathroom Rogue drew a hot bath and filled it with perfumed salts. Dimming the lights and loosing her clothes Rogue sunk into the water letting a sigh of pleasure escape as the hot water surrounded her. Closing her eyes and letting her mind wander over the events of the day Rogue soon found herself nodding off.

Waking to a sharp knock on the bathroom door Rogue sat abruptly, shivering as the now cool water ran off her shoulders. ‘Rogue?’ Scott’s voice carried through the door. Answering quickly while scanning the room for her towel before she stood Rogue called out a hurried ‘yes?’ Taking her answer to invite entry Scott opened the door and froze as he saw a naked Rogue standing before him completely uncovered.

Taken by surprise Rogue stood still and stared at Scott’s unmoving form. Deciding that whatever he had seen wasn’t going to change in a hurry Rogue took a calming breath and with a cheeky smile said; ‘Well are you just going to stand there or are you gonna pass the towel suga?’ Scott blinked and came to his senses as he quickly grabbed the towel beside him and moved towards Rogue.

Still standing in the quickly cooling bath water Rogue accepted the towel from a still staring Scott and wrapped it around her in an attempt to save some modesty. Stepping out of the water onto the bathmat Rogue watched Scott follow her every move. When Rogue stood still and stared at him Scott shook his head and his eyes widened. ‘Oh, right. Sorry.’ And with a quick nod Scott turned on his heal and headed out the bathroom door. Rogue quickly dried herself muttering about locking doors in the future and pulled on her robe before heading for her room.

Sitting on the edge of her bed staring at the floor was Scott. Rogue pulled the robe tighter around her and made a small coughing noise. Shutting the door behind her Rogue stepped closer to Scott and felt s slight pull on her robe. Turning to see that the tie around her waist was caught in the door Rogue gave it a sharp pull and stumbled back when it gave easily. Having left her shoes near her bed before her bath Rogue now tripped over them and fell backwards. With quick moves developed through training Scott was quickly at her side stopping Rogue from hitting the ground whilst not touching her deadly skin. Using Rouges robe as a barrier Scott helped Rogue up and stepped away giving her some personal space. The commotion that followed would change Rogue’s life dramatically from then on.

When Scott stepped back he took Rogue’s robe with him due to the weird coincidence that his button was hooked into the thread of the robe and Rogue was moving away from him at the same moment.

Quickly grabbing out for the robe Rogue covered herself again blushing at being completely revealed to Scott again. Scott also flushed red as he struggled to unhooked his button from the robe. But then Rogue froze. Scott had helped her pull the robe on. He had touched her bare skin and nothing had happened. Realising what had happened Scott’s eyes widened and he slowly reached out to touch Rogue. Panic filled Rogue and she shied away from his touch and backed away.

‘Let me touch you again. It’s ok Rogue, nothing happened.’ Scott was quick to reassure Rogue as she backed away. Terrified she shook her head as she trembled but the small part of her that still hoped and longed to be touched made her step forward. Scott moved forward so that he and Rogue were inches away from each other and he slowly raised his hand. ‘What if it was just luck? I don’t want to hurt you!’ Rogue’s voice trembled as Scott’s hand hovered beside her face. Scott smiled confidently and placed his hand gently onto Rouges cheek.


Rogue screamed as the world turned red and Scott fell to the floor. Slamming her eyes shut Rogue screamed Scott’s name over and over unable to reach out and feel him and unable to open her eyes.