Logan and Rogue had gone on vacation together. They had been on several arduous missions on behalf of the X-Men, and Xavier decided they deserved the break. After Magneto's escape, Wolverine was sent to locate him by Jean Grey, a slight miscalculation on her part as he went looking for vengeance for what he did to Rogue. Eventually recovered by Storm and Cyclops, Xavier ordered him to take a month's break.

They had flown to Paris without incident, other than a few slightly comedic events as Logan was asked repeatedly to walk through a metal detector. Eventually Rogue said he had a metal plate in his head to the puzzled security guard, which led to Logan's querulous grin and eventual laughter as they boarded the plane together.

The second night they were in Paris, Rogue waited until Logan was asleep. She knew Logan never slept well but did better if she was close to him. She lay in the dark watching his sleeping form. It was mid-summer and she left the large patio doors open, a gentle breeze teasing the net curtains revealing magnificent views of the sleepy Parisian night; lights trickled into the river Seine, the reflective pools glowing in the nightlife of one of Europe's most beautiful cities. It was not just beautiful aesthetically, this was a different world and there was no mutant persecution, no laws discriminating against people who were different.

Logan was facing away from her, his head tipped to one side, his hairy, muscled chest rising and falling slowly. He was a picture of complete and peace and rest, the nightmares subsiding, Logan wasn't afraid of going to sleep anymore. Rogue was still careful not to touch him, she'd done that before and there were three white lines on her chest, no thicker than a hair, of what could happen if he was startled. But he was better; somehow he knew when she touched him.

Their relationship was still not really tactile, they could hug, hold hands, but that was about all. There was a time she was afraid that Logan would eventually tire of this and look for someone else and then Rogue felt terribly guilty about misjudging him; about believing the old stereotype that "he was only after one thing" when nothing could be further from the truth. She learned about his days making a living as a bare-knuckle fighter, living in neo-celibacy with only beer and cigars to console his torment. He was a different kind of man, sure, Rogue was convinced he liked the idea of sex but her friendship and her love was what had rescued the solitary loner. In fact he hardly ever talked about sex and often Rogue felt her need for sex was probably more urgent than his. Logan wasn't the same man he had been born as she was, people had messed up his body and his mind and this had changed him.

Still, the fantasy persisted. In her own mind, Logan was the perfect lover. She savoured his body, his presence his smell was intoxicating. There was something very sexy yet dangerous about him, an intriguing, volatile mix. May be it was his ferocity, his physical intensity, may be even the threat of the deadly adamantium claws hidden in his forearms. His depth, his secrets made him a pretty irresistible package. When she would lie alone in bed and pleasure herself, Rogue didn't have to think about anyone else to reach orgasm, he was all she needed. She felt jealous too, she seen the way Jean had looked at him and often thought she couldn't compete with her; she knew what she was getting up to with Scott and knew she couldn't compete with that and as for Storm, God knows what she was into.

Again he surprised her. Logan seemed to feel she felt a little threatened by Jean and he'd made it perfectly clear he loved her and their bond was too deep for it ever to be threatened by her.

Rogue turned over to face Logan. Her heartbeat would get faster every time she looked at his semi-naked body and her imagination would kick in. "Stop it" she ordered herself. This was serious. At Xavier's school she had been learning some amazing things about herself and one in particular she wanted to test out. For months she had been trying to learn how to control her absorptive powers. In the early stages she's learnt how to touch plants without killing them instantly. She's tried it on a few small mammals, even being able to stroke a cat without hurting her. But Xavier said she was forbidden to touch humans yet. She was too young and her powers were still too unpredictable.

She closed her eyes and reached deeply inside herself. The technique was similar to what the telepaths did; if Rogue concentrated hard enough she could project the right effect. Deep in her mind she told herself not to hurt Logan, she said it over and over again, her head in her hands. She felt something finally let go and then opened her eyes. Reaching across she touched her sleeping partners arm with her fingertip. Her heart was missing beats, her head felt light with anticipation.the skin then suddenly turned a dirty off-white colour and Logan gave a pained moan in his sleep and Rogue pulled away, quickly, distraught, watching his skin as it turned back to its normal colour to her relief.

"No, no, no," Rogue sobbed to herself, sweeping her hands across her hair and then pulling her knees up to her chest. She rallied and tried again, hesitantly, her finger trembling, she touched him.no reaction, no discolouration, nothing, she waited and waited but still Logan was in perfect health. She kept reaching, her fingertips, then all her fingers, then finally her whole hand. She rested her hand on his hairy chest, finally being able to feel his soft, warm skin. She kissed his shoulder and then his neck, snuggling into his body. The excitement she felt was almost physical, she had to fight to breath normally, it was so unexpected, so normally, so beautiful. She thought she would never touch anyone again, yet now it was happening in front of her.

Her mind was rushing, she didn't know what to do. She was afraid that she wouldn't be able do it again and that she should wake Logan up so they could consummate their relationship, may be just once for the first and only time, but something stopped her. Logan was tired, he was balled up in the bed like a baby. Her anguish set her emotions on fire, she sat on the verge of waking him but at the final second, she pulled back, put her covering nightgown on and lay back beside him. Rogue kissed his lips tenderly, savouring, just for a second the feeling, the taste, trying to memorise everything about it. She turned away from him, feeling the tears flood down her face, knowing it might never happen again. Unseen to her Logan opened his eyes and smiled, putting his strong arms around her waist, pulling her close.

The following day was difficult. They both knew what had gone on during the night but neither wanted to talk about it, in case it had been as fleeting as they feared. Rogue and Logan didn't do much talking to each other, the mood felt tense and awkward. Eventually Logan broke the ice by the evening. He arranged to go out to dinner to an expensive restaurant, much to Rogue's own surprise, she didn't think it was his style.

"Well, what do you think?" Logan asked, coming out of the bedroom in his best suit, even wearing a tie.

"Oh.your gorgeous honey." Rogue smiled. "Come here darlin' lemme fix that tie." She fiddled with the tie and gently flattened out the suit.

"Is that an Armani suit?"

"Yeah," he laughed, "I always liked those Italian styles, better than those nancy-boys back home anyway."

"God, your beautiful, baby." Logan said, stepping back to admire Rogue in her full-length evening dress, completely covering but hugging her very feminine shape. She gave him her hand and he smiled and kissed her fingers.

It was quite late when they got back to the hotel. They had chosen to walk back along the river, the warm summer night revealing more than its own share of lovers along the bankside. Rogue felt slightly flushed, she didn't know if it was from the heat and the wine or if it was from nervous excitement. She'd been practicing in her own mind for hours what she'd did the previous night in controlling her ability to absorb the energy of another being, she hoped and prayed she'd got it right.

Rogue unlocked the door to their suite and closed it securely behind her. She swallowed hard and deciding she couldn't live with the uncertainty any longer, Rogue caught hold of Logan's hips and held him. He could see she wanted to kiss and could see in her eyes that if he really trusted her, he'd do it.

He held Rogue and brought his face down to hers, closed his eyes and pressed his lips against hers. All they felt was hot, needy, sweet even from her lip-gloss. No biting pain, just a swelling romantic pleasure. He pulled away, just momentarily, to whisper "I love you," and then continued again. Rogue rested her hands behind Logan's neck and lowered his to her bottom and pulled her even closer. Rogue adored the feel of his lips, he kept them soft and pliant, kneading them into her own flesh. She felt wanton and ravenous, every part of her visceral being searched for all the things she had been denied, all the things kept hidden and secure.

The kissing became wetter and needier; tongues kept pressing hungrily against each other, with his back against the wall of the entrance to their suite, Rogue pressed herself more firmly against Logan's body. His hand went down and hooked itself under her thigh pulling it up, his strong fingers moving slowly up her dress, across Rogue's sheer nylon stockings to the dense lace top and then to the back; traversing the bare skin of her bottom before mischievously pinching her buttock gently; Rogue gave out a hushed squeal of pleasure, opening her eyes wide, her pupils dilated, shinning gems in the half light.

As Logan's head went further down to her neck, kissing the soft skin with the delicacy of the beat of a butterflies wings, Rogue unfastened his tie, pulling it of and then started undoing the buttons of his shirt, opening the garment to his navel, her hands travelling in smooth circles across his firm pectoral muscles, brushing against his nipples, stroking the lattice work of muscles covering his abdomen.

With real skill and timing, Logan's fingers found the top hook of Rogue's dress, it parted without a fight, then the next submitted and the next until he had unpicked them all down to her waist. So busy with kissing him, Rogue barely registered the feeling of being undressed but then thinking it was her turn, she pulled the shirt out from under Logan's trousers and pushed the shirt over his shoulders. It slid down, the unmarked white cotton becoming a mass of wrinkles and folds until it found his wrists. "Damn cufflinks" Rogue grimaced to herself; she'd worked hard at being as expert as she could but this unusual piece of men's jewellery stopped her dead. Logan smiled and then effortlessly undid them for her. The shirt fell to a crumpled heap on the floor.

Rogue felt almost giddy, if Logan did then he sure wasn't showing it. She embraced him again and felt his heart pounding, the veins in his arms were standing up and felt relieved that he was as excited as she was. She saw his nose twitch and knew, with a grin, her arousal was something he enjoyed as much by scent as by touch. She kissed his chest and inhaled, an intoxicating mix of fine cologne and sexually aroused man was making her more and more eager to go to bed.

Logan seemed to sense what she wanted and led her into the bedroom, a large airy space that he lit with a few candles. He opened the large bay windows to let the summer breeze in and went back to Rogue who was standing at the door. He took her hand and led her in. As she stood, he pushed the dress from her shoulders and left it fall. She stood in only her lingerie and high heels but the effect on Logan was telling. She stripped his clothes apart from his boxer shorts and pushed him gently on to the bed.

Rogue mounted him, he lay back casually and smiled. She bent over to kiss him, her hands sliding down his ribs that tickled him, he giggled and ran his fingers back through her hair, bringing it forward and smelling it. She sat up straight and just admired him. He brought his left hand up and to her initial shock, the centre claw shot out of his knuckle. She felt a little uneasy but Logan knew exactly what he was doing. The menacing claw came closer and closer to her chest until it curved itself under the front of her bra, with the most delicate of touches it pushed the slender black hook up. The bra spread itself apart, letting Rogue's breasts spill forward. Her neck and chest were flushed, cherry red, her areole dark brown and her nipples hard and erect.

"Yer had me scared for a second there, Wolverine," Rogue grinned, as the claw vanished.

"You know I'd never hurt ya, baby." He whispered. Logan reached up to cup her breasts, gently stroking the nipples, a pleasure so long denied. Rogue gasped before letting out a long moan of bliss. Her nipples were always sensitive when she was sexually excited but feeling Logan touching them was almost overwhelming. She moaned again and was sure she'd come if he continued. But the pressure relented and Rogue let out a little moan that almost sounded like a complaint.

She lay into the bed, letting the soft white linen sheets embrace her slight form. Logan gently grasped her high-leg lace briefs and pulled them down, salaciously, never once breaking eye contact with Rogue as he finally exposed her sex. He slid up the bed to meet her as they kissed again. His fingers trickled down, caressing her right breast, across her belly and finally to the apex between her legs. His hand moved across her pubic hair and down to her labia, Logan letting his thumb glide slowly behind, tempting and stimulating Rogue with every touch.

Rogue gently encouraged Logan to return his attention to her breasts, only now his hot, moist tongue was the implement of the most exquisite torture. It moved across the tight, puckered surface of her areole and then her nipples, one in turn, each receiving a tender, playful bite. Suddenly Rogue let out a throaty gasp of pleasure of his fingers found her clitoris, the little nub of tangled nerve endings that had brought her so much joy before. Expertly, Logan worked gently, his fingers not pulling or scratching, but playfully seducing the engorged little pinnacle. At first he worked around its base to tease her, touching the fleshy outer lips of her sex and back again. Eventually his forefinger came to rest on the hood covering her clitoris and he made little circles that seem to sway, almost exactly how she pleasured herself but even better, his fingers were stronger and rougher, the harder skin feeling delightfully sexy on the most delicate part of her body.

She arched her back and groaned deeply, Rogue cupped her breasts as Logan continued to playfully suckle at her nipples. Rogue felt herself become more lubricated, the labial lips became much more swollen and red; a trickle of sweat beaded on her forehead, as it rolled down Logan licked it off, tasting her sweet saltiness.

Logan moved stealthily down the bed, still working Rogue gently with his fingers, her eyes opening and closing, her fingers occasionally clutching the sheets. When she was least expecting it he replaced his fingers with his tongue, hunting out her erotic centre, feeling her legs go sharply stiff before resting them on his back, the silky feel of her stockings sliding up and down his spine and the occasional nip from the dagger-like heal of her shoes was driving him insane. He flicked the summit of her clitoris lightly with his tongue, tasting her juices, bathing in her feminine scent, Rogue's gasps and moans of delight rising higher and higher. He kept muzzling eagerly at her femininity, not letting her have a second's respite. Her right leg straightened and she flicked her shoe off, Logan ran his hand down her thigh back up to her sex, grazing her labia before resting his hands back under her bottom, the sweat dampening her back.

Rogue had her hands stretched out behind her, gasping in short sharp breaths. She wasn't just on the verge of orgasm, Logan had finally pushed her cleanly over the edge and she felt herself falling, falling and falling into a kaleidoscope of sexual pleasure. She cried his name and tugged his hair, her body slipping into a spasm of delight. She caved in, flushed, battered and satisfied, well almost satisfied.

Logan didn't move for a while. He waited until her breathing had calmed down, her pulse starting to slow. He went back up to her and put his arms around her, snuggling her in, feeling the heat of her body against his, letting her come down again from the height of a place she'd never been before.

Although he knew Rogue, like nearly all women, was capable of instant re-arousal, he waited. He could tell by her eyes the trip had been more than just a long overdue physical release, it had been deeply emotional to her, she felt physically connected to him in ways she never had before. He also knew she was preparing herself in case they could never do this again.

Slowly she seemed to reawaken. Rogue just looked at him as though he was everything that meant anything in her universe, Logan starred back with the same eyes, he'd had sex before but this wasn't sex to him. This was love, nothing but love. This was a completely new experience to him. It was the end of being alone.

"Logan, I love yer, baby, that." the whisper trailed off, muffled by another kiss.

"I know, Marie, you don't have to say anything."

She smiled and this time she took charge, reaching into his boxer shorts and gently fondled him, he gave a deep involuntary moan, and she pulled his shorts off.

"I want to, sugar."

"Sure?"

"Hmm." she moaned as she looked at his nakedness in front of her. Rogue could tell, that like many men, he was a little shy about being naked. She pulled him in close to kiss him so he didn't feel vulnerable, her hand lightly massaging his manhood, it was thick and erect, not huge, not small, just perfect she thought.

"Shouldn't we use something?" Logan offered.

"No, sugar." She kissed him "I love you and trust you, Logan, if I had your baby, that would be a beautiful thing for me to do." He winked at her and kissed her again.

She lay back into the covers, opening her legs welcomingly for him. She had felt knots in stomach when she was younger at the thought of making love but now she felt nothing other than a complete love and trust for the bravest man she'd ever known. Rogue touched herself eagerly, expectantly. Logan loomed over her, kissed her neck and shoulders and then perfectly, beautifully she felt him enter her. His member felt exquisite as he started to move inside her, she was tight, her wetness enshrouded him and he let out a deep, masculine grunt of pleasure. This only excited Rogue even more, she moved her hips, letting Logan go deeper. She rested her hands around his waist and then as she grew more relaxed and more confident, she clutched his bottom, feeling his strength and muscles, savouring every thrust.

Logan's face was soft, his eyes open. He was delighting in watching the pleasure on Rogue's face, her quiet, tender moans of pleasure, her breasts and nipples engorged. He sucked excitedly on a nipple and then stopped and kissed her neck. For the most part Rogue's eyes were closed. She was lost in the sensations, Logan's hard, throbbing member slipping in and out of her sex, she was wet and very, very aroused, every nerve ending inside seeming to come alive, feeling every ridge and vein along her lover's manhood, feeling the sharp pang of his glans moving inside her.

For a time Logan went slower, withdrawing himself completely from Rogue's sex before entering it again, he did this again and again, teasing them both into frenzy; her cleft was moist and elastic, able to endure the erotic anguish without discomfort. Every time he'd do it he would suckle on a nipple, biting it playfully and then letting go. He started to move very deeply, going as deep as he could, up to the root of his penis. He felt the walls of Rogue's sex easily accommodate him but her moans would be long and pleasured, her legs would lock around and squeeze him. As he went in as deep as he could his pubic bone would crush her clitoris, letting out the most gorgeous gasping sounds from them both as they climbed closer and closer to the point of no return.

Logan felt her right leg wrap around his, the shinning, beckoning look in her eyes told him she was ready, she wanted and needed to come, she needed to reach a climax with him inside her. The teasing and pleasuring, the foreplay and touching needed to find its own release. His hips started to move faster with a solid regular rhythm. Rogue started to mumble his name in broken monosyllables, Logan was almost silent other than for his breathing, every breath starting to sound heavier and harder than the last. He was lost in the pleasure of Rogue's body, her eager wetness, the tightness of her sex was surrounding and overpowering his senses. Her fingernails dug mercilessly into his muscular, hairy back. He raised himself up on one arm as the other cupped Rogue's breast.

Rogue suddenly felt the little flood of contractions in her sex go wild, spasming out of control, she cried his name and bucked her hips savagely at her lover. This was at long last too much for Logan, the throbbing in Rogue's womanhood sent him careering over the edge, all control finally yielded. He almost exploded inside her, his orgasm erupting in five long, hot bursts. Logan gasped Rogue's name and then stopped, spent, satisfied.

They rolled onto their sides, still erotically linked, neither wanting to move yet. Rogue ran her finger down the centre of Logan's back feeling a wide channel of sweat. He smelled even better she thought as she kissed his chest, glowing and hot from the passion. Logan reached down and pulled the duvet over their bodies before they cooled down and started to feel the nip of the night air. Rogue made a little grunt as she felt him finally slip out of her.

They were both struggling for the right words. The embrace was tight and needy, the mood quiet and tender. Rogue snuggled deeply into Logan, the pillow under head feeling more and more welcoming. Emotionally exhausted Rogue felt almost cold. Logan didn't demonstratively show how he felt as much as Rogue did, but she could feel that his emotions weren't that different to hers. She felt tears well up in her eyes as she closed them and looked down. She felt Logan's hand gently touch her face and she looked at him. He smiled and kissed her. He said only one word "love" before he blew the candles out and drew her close, letting sleep take them both.