Story Notes:
If you want to see what Talon looks like I have a pic of her and how I see Rogue ask and I'll send it to you.
Rogue knew it was stupid leaving the mansion, hell the nation, just to look for Logan, but she could not help it. As she traveled asking any one if they'd seen the Wolverine, she came upon a tavern with cage fighting but when she entered and looked into the cage, she did not find her man but instead there dressed similar to a kick boxer was a woman small not too tall but she had a low center of gravity and weight she knew how to use on her side. She had her dark brown wavy hair pulled up into a high ponytail though some of it still turned up in horn like spikes, the hair that was pulled up and back was most likely the only long part of her hair. There was a star tattooed on her right cheek and she drank whisky just like Logan did when he had been in the cage.

"Who will brave the cage of Talon the owl. Who will try their hand at dropping the lady of the cage?!" the announcer asked. A gruff looking man popped his knuckles and entered the cage Talon looked at him spit at his feet and motioned for him to come on. The guy lunged at her, Talon dodged and smashed him to the floor with a elbow to the back of the neck. He got up and took a swing at her, she struck up with the heel of her hand smashing into his jaw and then racked down with her fingers set in a clawed pose. That hit had broken the guy’s jaw. She then executed a high kick to the man’s head and he went down. The bell was rung.

"The winner and still lady of the cage Talon the owl!" The woman collected her money and left the cage, that was when Rogue found trouble or should I say it found her in the form of drunk miner boys. They kept goading her and wouldn't leave her alone. Talon didn't like what she saw and walked over. She clapped her hands on the boys’ shoulders yanked back and knocked their heads together.

"Leave the girl alone lads now get out I'll not be having your foreman come bitching at poor Jake about you missing work." The boys left fearing another head cracking.

"Hey there hon what are you doing here alone? Tis not safe." Talon said sitting by Rogue.

"I'm looking for someone he calls him self the Wolverine." Rogue explained.

"That old bear is back in Canada and he didn't come say hello to me his old sparring partner geez. Hell he's the reason I cage fight; if I didn't I'd be hanging on these drunks arms not breaking them for my living." Talon said with a chuckle and noticed the last person leaving the bar she smiled and gave rogues gloved hand a pat.

"Listen hon I'll tell you a little secret like Wolvie I'm not normal there's a reason I call myself Talon the owl." Out of Talon’s hair where it turned up in horn like spikes that was revealed to be more like feathers then hair grew two large wings she flapped them once for good measure and then just let them fold comfortably on each side of her head. She then unwrapped her bandages that wrapped from her fingertips to the elbow to reveal they were like a birds talons but still the form of human hands.

"These wings gave the Wolvster a surprise he pinned me once and I smacked him in the head with one he let go out of shock. We were alone when that happened. I throw my fights with him for the public." Talon said then clapped a hand on Rogue's shoulder.

"Come on gal I'll take you to the only place I can think of where the old bear could be."

"Mah name is Rogue." Rogue said.

"Well then Rogue lets go." And with that Talon guided Rogue out of the tavern.


They went out into the parking lot and up to a nice motor home Talon then called to someone inside.

"Jareth come help me here we have a guest." A boy about 15 with blond white hair that hung in a 80's punk like spike style around his head and brown eyes the pupil of the right one being bigger than the left stuck his head out of a window.

"Yes ma." he said and came out the door and took Rogue's bag.

"Your son?" she asked Talon.

"Adopted but yes." Talon said with pride and then said as an after thought. "Call me Kelly that's my real name."

"Ok Kelly." The night went well they ate Kelly commented Rogue was too thin and should eat more, Then Rogue and Jareth took to bed Rogue slept in Kelly's. Kelly slept in the daytime said it was because of her mutation sleeping at night was hard for her. Kelly drove to the last tavern she knew that had a cage she was sure this was where she'd find the old bear. She didn't wake Rogue or Jareth yet she had to make sure the old bear was in there she walked in wearing her cloak he'd know her by scent. Sure enough he was there in the cage she walked up to it and made sure he could see her. The fight he was in ended and he was the winner like always and then he saw her she stood there waiting for him to see her and he called that he would not fight anymore tonight. He left the cage with his winning and enfolded the woman in a hug.

"It's good to see you again Talon." he said.

"Wish I could say the same wolverine." she said.

"Why?" he asked.

"I have someone outside in my motor home who's traveled a long, long way looking for someone she'll most likely die if she doesn't find him." Kelly said.

"Maybe I can help who's this lady looking for?" Logan asked.

"You Logan she's looking for you." Kelly said.

"Me but who... no she didn't?" he asked.

"Yeah if you mean a lady with white and brown hair named Rogue she's out there asleep in my bed she been looking along the whole cage fighting circuit to find you, you asshole!" Kelly slugged him.

"What was that for?" he asked rubbing the spot she hit.

"You left her alone when she needs you by her side when I saw her she looked like someone had ripped her heart out, that and I had to save her from some drunk miners’ harassment." Kelly looked Logan in the eye then.

"I swear Logan you've done some dumb shit but nothing like this. Rule number one hon you don't EVER leave your lady all alone wondering what she did to push you away! Cause that's what your lady is feeling, that's why she came to find you to know what was wrong with her." Kelly grabbed the cage fighter named Wolverine and drug him outside and into her motor home pointed at the bed where Rogue slept and shoved him toward her.

"You make things right Logan or mark me unbreakable bones or non I'll whack you so hard something in you WILL break."

"If I don't make things right Talon my heart will break." Logan said to her.

Kelly looked at him a moment then let out her wings and flapped hovering up to Jareth's bed and pulled him from it still half asleep. When he looked at his mother he opened his mouth to ask something Kelly quieted him.

"Easy lad just going to give your uncle wolf and his lady some time to talk."

Logan watched as Kelly left the motor home with Jareth the boy sure had gotten big since he last had seen him. He then turned his mind to the matter at hand he went and sat on the bed at its shift Rogue slowly stirred and opened her eyes.



"Logan..?" she asked.

"Yeah darlin' its me," he took Rogues gloved hand in his. "Why the hell did you follow me girl you should have stayed at the school," he said.

"Ah couldn't Logan ah just couldn't I missed you so much you stayed in my head the longest and then when you started to fade I started feeling sick like I was dying because you had become a part of me." Rogue felt tears in her eyes threatening to run down her face.

Logan to say the least was speechless. Logan thought back to what Kelly had said. 'Looked like someone had ripped her heart out.' and sure enough she had been right, and the one who did it was him thinking he was doing the right thing by leaving her at the school while he chased a forgotten past that he could not change. Logan looked at Rogue. She knew him like no one else would ever she was a chance at a worthwhile future and damn him if he'd let it go now that he saw it. Logan pulled Rogue to his chest safely clad in a black shirt and held her there.

"I'm sorry I left you alone Marie I won't do that again, we go together from now on," he said. Rogue let her tears fall now and she hugged him tightly with more strength then he thought she should have. It was then that there was a shout from outside.

"Mama!"

"Creed let go of my son!" Kelly yelled. Logan and Rogue rushed outside to see Victor Creed a.k.a. Sabertooth holding a struggling Jareth under one arm. Maternal instincts kicked into the high gear as Kelly unfurled her wings and ran at Sabertooth jumping into the air and hovered smacking him hard upside his head with a wing. Kelly's wings packed a mighty punch it was like being hit by a goose only 60 times worse. Sabertooth smacked back sending Kelly into a tree trunk she slumped there the wind knocked from her lungs.

"MAMA!" Jareth screamed and in anger, he thrashed his way free and his hands glowed as he incased Sabertooth up to him neck in a crystal ball and with a motion of his hand Jareth hurled the huge cat mutant far away. Jareth then collapsed from the energy he had spent Rogue rushed to catch him while Logan helped up Kelly. She moved her wings to make sure they weren't broken and then folded them to the sides of her head and took Jareth from Rogue.

"That's showing old Creed not to mess with angry owls." she said to Jareth's sleeping form. It was then that Logan looked at Rogue.

"Marie you been working out or something when you squeezed me in there well lets say this if I didn't my unbreakable bones you would have cracked some of my ribs."

"Well ah had a little incident a few months ago." Rogue said very embarrassed.

"What type of incident?" both Logan and Kelly asked.



Later that day.

"Your kidding me you got a super strong flight capable blond knocking around in your subconscious?" Kelly asked over her seventh cup of coffee which was the only reason she was still awake.

"Yeah she was struggling so much one of my gloves came off when I was trying to hold her and I grabbed her arm and it happened so fast when I let go there was no life left in her I was a wreck for two months it was then that Logan began to fade and I stared losing my will to go on and came looking for him."

"Unbelievable, Damn it if I had been there maybe that wouldn't have happened oh Marie I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me it must have been so hard for you having an alien awareness inside your head and knowing it was permanent." Logan pulled Marie tight into the circle of his arms just holding her Kelly smiled a little and blinked goddamn coffee was wearing off already. She decided it was about time she turn in have Jareth answer any questions they might have. Giving her son a gentle shake he woke and understood from the tired look in his mothers large brown eyes he let her go to bed and closed off the back of the motor home and went to sit with Logan and Rogue.

Rogue was assuring Logan that even had he been there they would have been a change it still could have happened and not to beat himself up about it

"... let Talon do that..." she said getting him to chuckle. But it was then that Logan looked at Jareth and asked what Jareth had expected.

"Why was Sabertooth after you Jareth?" he asked.

"It's kinda a long story." Jareth started.

"We have time." rogue said.

"Alright it started 11 years back mom was just starting to cage fight then..."



Eleven years ago

"The winner Talon the Owl," the announcer said holding up Talon's arm. Talon went to the bar and ordered a beer. As she drank Victor Creed walked in and took a seat beside her.

"Back already furball and how many helpless creatures did you skin this time?" Talon asked between swigs.

"Plenty pretty one even got me an old barn owl here I made this for you the only lady I know who could ever think of breaking any of my bones." Victor slid a Indian choker of bone beads most likely that of the owl or some other small beast he had caught with owl pin feathers as the middle decoration and a owl tail feather fan in front of the female cage fighter.

"Nice work vic." was all Talon said and made to stuff the 'gifts' in her bag.

Victor took the choker from her hand thought and deafly fastened it at her throat. Giving her a peck on the cheek he took a sniff of her hair getting the scent like he always did when he saw his younger cousin. Only he and Talon knew of the relation the blood that bound them was weak at best but that didn't make it any less true that they were related. It was later that night when Victor got into a brawl and unknowingly killed one of the barmaids, he didn't take any responsibility or show any remorse even when he found he had left a 4 year old boy orphaned. At this Talon beat him up good yelling at him that he was heartless and he was not her cousin anymore she had then ripped off the choker he gave her and threw it at his feet with the fan.



Present

"In the end Mom took me in as her own and since then Victor looks at me as the sole reason his pretty cousin as he called her abandoned him."

"So that's why he grabbed you?" Logan asked he had never known his good friend Talon was related to Creed.

"Yeah that's why." Jareth said.

"Have you ever been able to do what you did to Sabertooth before?" Rogue asked.

"No it just happened I suddenly knew how to do it and I did it which means I'm a mutant." Jareth said.

"And that doesn't bother you?" Logan asked.

"No I felt kinda left out as long as I wasn't a mutant I would always have the reminder that mom's not really my mom now it doesn't matter no one will ever think mom stole me or something!" Jareth said with a laugh.

"So what do we do now?"Rogue asked.

"Don't know the cage fighting circuit is wearing thin mama is having more trouble pulling in the income that way. She said a while ago she wanted to send me to school so I could further my education but she knows creed would tract me down that's why we stay on the move so much." Jareth said.

"Well Jareth I've worn my stay here thin and I was going to head back to Westchester New York with Rogue here scenic route of course if you want you and your mom can come back there with us she could teach I don't know PE for flyers." Logan said off handily.

"Sure why not I'll go get your bike and put in the storage trailer." Jareth was gone in a flash. 20 minutes later he returned and climbed into the drivers seat of the motor home.

"Your mom lets you drive while she's asleep?" Rogue asked unbelieving.

"Yeah mom don't let no one but me touch the wheel don't worry been driving this thing for a good while now." Jareth slid on his snow glare goggles and started the engine. "Sit back and relax uncle wolf you and Rogue do what ever you please as long as you don't wake mama or she'll whack you good." he said and pulled the curtain to the drivers area closed and headed out. Logan grinned at Rogue and reached for her but she stopped him with a gloved hand.

"Woah cage boy I'd prefer we were behind solid walls not curtains when we do what ever we figure out we can do," she said.

"Aww I wasn't gone do nothing Marie just wanted to hold you," Logan insisted.

"Right sure Logan," Rogue said sarcastically as she was pulled tight to Logan's side. The two love birds fell asleep like that and were woken the next morning by.

"LOGAN!!" to say the least Logan fell over in his sleepy state and when he looked up he saw a very upset woman wings at the ready.

"Where the hell are we Wolvie?! cause it sure as hell anti Canada!" Kelly said hefting him up by the shirt. When he explained Kelly grumbled and whacked him on the back of the head, Logan's skull rang for the rest of the day.



By the time they got to the mansion Kelly was eager to get out of the same living space as Logan he was not that bad a guy but a bit of a pig. After introductions were made Kelly was given a class to help teach some of the students with the ability to fly how to use it and mid air combat. It was a few days after she and Jareth had arrived that she stood in front of her class of flyers. There was a single line of them one of them was named Warren he was called angel he had wings on his back Kelly motioned for him to step forward.

"Now then students I'm Kelly Owlfall but you can call me Talon I'm here to teach you pointers of flight control, combat and endurance," with that Kelly let her wings out from the sides of her head. "Now you can see my wings are placed strangely on the sides of my head but this dose not make me an less a good flyer then if they were on my back like Mister Worthington here, now Warren please open your wings," angel opened his wings. "Good now please watch me class, the take off is the same for mind controlled flight and manual." With a mighty flap and a small jump off the ground talon was in the air. "Now you mister Warren." Angel mimicked her but once in the air he almost fell. Talon righted him "keep your knees slightly bent for now it will help with the downward strain." after she had managed to get the students in the air and not have them falling or straining to stay in the air she began with mid air combat.

"Mister Worthington you will be my partner for this." angel flew to face her.

"OK now come at me with a punch." Angel did and found he punched only air as Talon dropped from his range and grabbed his legs and swung him into a tree but the hit was not hard enough to hurt him.



After classes were over for summer break Talon watched as Logan and Rogue’s relationship grew more tight knit one day she decided it was time she have a little talk with the man named Wolverine. She walked up behind him as he drank a beer and stated quite smoothly.

"When's the wedding short dark and handsome after all it's impolite to keep a lady hanging forever." A spit take was assured and once Logan was done choking on his own tongue he replied most startled.

"What!?" he asked.

"Please Logan I mean really after surviving her touch twice, you becoming like a part of her, you STILL haven't thought about tying the knot?!" Kelly was a bit annoyed Rogue was just waiting for the big lug to pop the question and he hadn't even thought of it yet.

"Logan if you need help like finding a ring I can help," Kelly offered.

"It's not that Kelly I'm just not sure she'd what to be tied to a guy like me til death do us part." Logan said Kelly closed one eye looking at him showing how stupid that sounded and with a mental command her left wing shot out and watched him in the head.

"Idiot!" she snapped. Then digging in her pocket her came up with a gold and platinum ring, a single two karat green emerald was embedded in the band. She placed it in Logan's hand and closed his fist around it.

"That was my ma's she gave it to me said give it to someone I thought could get more use out of it then she did. So now it's yours to give to Rogue."

With that Kelly left Logan to think.