Author's Chapter Notes:
Please read carefully. Important!



Clarifying the RCA's!!

To avoid any further confusion in regards to this years RCA's I wish to clarify several valid points brought to my attention.
1. Because the "WRFA only" rule was new this year, and some of you were not expecting it, *this year only* we will give people some time to add stories they have previously posted elsewhere to the archive in order to qualify them for the awards. You will have until January 31st to add any stories to the archive you want available for nomination. That also allows everyone from now until then to consider their nominations! I know this seems a bit harsh but it stops a lot of hassling and squabbling over content. This way, anyone who would like their stories to be eligible has nearly two weeks to get them added to the archive. It was brought to my attention last year that several people were a bit uncomfortable being nominated, this avoids that.

2. In order to make sure people checking the archive for nominations can differentiate between new stories for 2008 (which will not be eligible for the awards this year) and an older story you are adding to the archive retroactively, lease put "Originally posted [in my LJ, on the list, wherever] on [date posted]" either in the summary field or at the very top of your story. You are also welcome, once you've added all your stories, to make a post to the list and the LJ letting people know you've added your stories, and which ones they are. Please only make one post collecting them all--do not make a post for each story you add. This exception is for this year only. In 2009, in order to be eligible, a story will have to be added to the WRFA by December 31st, 2008, so keep your stuff updated, people!"

3. Stories that are eligible! If an author active or not has a story posted to the WRFA archives (new or old!) then they are elibible for nomination. It does not matter when it was posted at all as long as it was added to the archives. The only age specific category is Classics. For this category the story must be *5* years old and believe me there are some great ones out there on the new archive - I've got a list of them on my computer two pages long!

4. Nominations: You can submit them via my personal email, list post, review function on the new archive, or through the LJ. I am monitoring all of them. If you have any other comments or questions please feel free to email me at robbijo2000 at yahoo dot com, or use the contact feature on Shadowlady's archive page! I may be a bit slow but I will get back to you!