Story Notes:
I hardly dare to post this now – it's got an innocent Rogue in it, and the NC 17 is not with her!
This might, over time, evolve into a series. Perhaps.

THIS and *this* for emphasis, {{this}} for internal dialogue (and you can tell me all you want how it's supposed to be a monologue – me arguing with myself sure as hell is a DIAlogue!).

A million thanks are owed to Dark September for prompt and very knowledgeable beta'ing. All remaining mistakes are due to my stubbornness (which I prefer to call "personal style").
Author's Chapter Notes:
"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.
"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."
Saint-…xupery, The Little Prince
Most philosophers are agreed that it is the minor trials of everyday life that pose the greatest challenge to a tranquil mind.

Parents’ Weekend traditionally brought a lot of those, and Ororo Munroe was beginning to experience a slight strain on her spiritual welfare – if Miss Pryde had even drawn up a computer programme to organise accommodation, why was it then that Mr and Mrs Ho appeared to be sharing a single room with Miss Souminnen AND Mr Chobalnigov?

And could Miss Lee please refrain from exercising her skills with fireworks, as they tended to incinerate the paper decoration?

And would young Artie please yet again take a rake and obliterate the single track of human feet that plainly showed across the baroque flowerbed, straight from the garage? That the owner of those boots would understand why he should take the long way round was probably too much to ask.

This year, it was worse than usual. Apart from the great personal loss she and all others had suffered with Jean’s death, the X-men were not of a sufficiently great number to be able to dispense with a single member. Besides, his lady’s passing to the next world had severely unsettled Scott – usually a pillar of strength, his demeanour now clearly mirrored the disorder into which his life had been thrown. From a diplomatic point of view, he was beginning to be almost as much of a hazard around visitors as Logan.

It had not been possible to keep the attack on the Mansion out of the news. The enquiries on security and on the present state of the school would require careful navigation in very troubled waters.

The Professor remained aloof to earthly questions (such as where to organise a banquet if half the school was still in disrepair). And that meant that she, Ororo, was left with most of the practical aspects of all events. Kurt helped where he could, but he was new to the Mansion. And whether she was better off with Logan’s assistance or without, she had yet to decide.

The burden was beginning to take its toll, even on her usually composed state of mind. She was looking forward to the reception for all guests this evening with great apprehension.