Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been quite some time since I've written anything and I'm terribly rusty.
Rogue walked out of the bathroom in her underwear and one of Logan’s plaid button down shirts while he lounged on their bed, pretending to be enthralled in the latest hockey game.

“Come on, I can’t believe you’re making me go to this party alone.” She said, standing in front of the television set.

Logan cocked his head to the side, trying to peek around his girlfriend, but it was futile.

“The Rangers just scored a goal, Marie and thanks to you I missed it.”

“First of all, you don’t even like the Rangers, your favorite team is the Maple Leafs and second, you’re only watching this game so you’ll have an excuse to miss New Years.”

“Who’s missing it? Sides’, stupid holiday’ll be back around before you know it.”

Rogue sighed, it seemed as though Logan would be lighting a cigar in the privacy of their room at exactly twelve… or would he?

A smile played on the southern bombshell’s lips as she figured out a way to bait her man.

“Well then, guess I’ll just have to find someone else to kiss when the ball drops.” She teased.

Logan eyed her suspiciously. He knew it was a trap, but then again, he couldn’t very well risk having some jerk like Gumbo make a move on his girl at midnight.

Groaning, Logan pulled himself up from the bed, “Fine, but as soon as I hear ‘Auld Lang Syne’, we’re leaving.” He huffed.

Rogue jumped into his arms, assaulting him with kisses, “You will so not regret this.”

“Uh-huh.” Logan didn’t believe her for one minute.

A half-hour later, Rogue emerged from their walk-in closet in her party dress.

Logan’s breath caught in his throat and the feeling of relief that she’d finally finished turned into a twinge of something else, making its way to his groin, “You look good as fuck, babe.”

“Why thank you.” Rogue answered, smiling brightly, “We’re all set… except for this.”

Logan managed to take his eyes off of her long enough to see the sparkling party hat sitting atop her dresser. He shrugged, “You already look good enough to eat darlin’, but what’s another accessory?”

Rogue merely played with the fingers of her gloves, “Well…”

“Well what, Marie? You’re the one’s gonna’ be wearin’ that hat, right?

The party was in full swing in the main hall, complete with music and more than a few drunken students. Jubilee kept demanding that everyone get in line to start doing the electric slide while Bobby was at the bar customizing ice cubes. It was 11:15 when Scott, who’d remained sober and in “leader mode” in case of an attack, spotted Rogue on the stairs, followed by Logan… and was he wearing a party hat?

“Jean, Jean… he’s really wearing it! She got him to wear it!”

“Whatever are you talking about, *hiccup* sweetie?” Jean slurred, trying to balance her third martini.

“The bet.” Came the reply.

“Ah yes… *hiccup* the bet.”

Rogue sidled up to Scott, while Logan headed straight to the bar for a double shot of whiskey.

Noticing the man’s approach, Bobby did a double take.

Whispering in Kitty’s ear, he asked, “Is he wearing a party hat?”

“Oh God Bobby, I think he is… and he’s coming over here!”

“Christ! Whatever you do Kit, do not laugh. Lest every organ be separated from our bodies.”

Meanwhile, Rogue was shaking down a bewildered Scott, “Pay up sugah.”

“I don’t understand… wait, you didn’t tell him about it, did you? That’s against the rules.”

Rogue rolled her eyes, “No, just gave him a little somethin’ worth his while.” She said, punctuating the statement with a wink.

“Gross.” Scott cringed handing Rogue a fifty dollar bill.

Just then, The Professor wheeled up, his party hat shimmering brightly, “I take it we’ve lost out little wager, then?”

Scott nodded, adjusting the cardboard contraption on his head, Rogue merely smirked, “Yep.”

“Well then.” Charles said, reaching into his pocket for a fifty as well.

As the clock struck twelve, a resounding “Happy New Year!” could be heard throughout the mansion.

Throughout the staff break room, throughout the student cafeteria and of course, throughout Logan and Rogue’s suite where an open window carried the sound out to the balcony.

A suspiciously slippery balcony.