Room was small, but surprisingly tidy. No unrecognizable stains or musty odor. Carpet on the floor was worn but clean, as were the bed sheets, and towels that hung in the bathroom. There was only one problem. Regardless of her request of two beds there was only one. She eyed it hesitantly.

“Considering that we shared a bath I don’t see a reason to get squeamish now,” Logan said, locking the door behind them and securing it by dragging a large dresser in front of it. Task seemed to sap the little that was still left of his strength and he sat on to the bed, almost toppling over when he leaned to peel off layers of socks he had been using to replace the boots Sabretooth had thrown in to the hot spring.
“It’s not that… I don’t want to wake up just to found out that I accidentally drained you during the night.”
“Well, that’s your problem.”
“Are you fucking nuts?”
“Most likely. I’m going to get a quick shower and then go to sleep. It probably would do some good for you too,” Logan murmured rubbing his eyes and started stripping off his shirts.

She wrinkled her nose. They both stunk to high heavens, and her clothes felt moist and sticky, clinging to her skin. She tried her best to avert her gaze from Logan who seemed to have no reservations or hesitations. He was going to get in to that shower. Clothes were a hindrance, an obstacle between him and the small patch of Heaven the shower represented, and they were divested from his person with if not finesse, yet efficiently. Soon he was sitting on the bed completely naked, rubbing his stomach and fighting tooth and nail to stay awake the required moments it would take to get warm and clean.

Her eyes followed the path of his fingers, drawn to them no matter how hard she tried not to look. And there was quite a lot of him to not to look. Wide chest, covered liberally with dark and coarse hair that traveled over his well-defied abs, narrow trail widening somewhat when it reached his crotch… And there was an area that she steadfastedly decided not to look.

“I’ll be out in a sec,” Logan grunted, standing up and retreating in to the bathroom. She let out a relieved sigh. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe she could now concentrate on finding a reasonable solution to their sleeping arrangements.

She didn’t have a nightgown. Her clothes… She could probably wear them after they were properly washed. She rummaged through the dresser, finding towels and fresh sheets. She hit the jackpot when she opened the upper drawer. A white long nightgown, made out of cotton. It would cover her from her throat to her ankles. Not perfect, and she wasn’t going to even think about who had left it there or why it had been discarded. Yet it was better than nothing.

That taken care of she started to undress. Logan would probably come out of the shower soon.

Several minutes later she knocked on to the bathroom door.
“Logan?”
“Go away!” He sounded cranky.
“I don’t mean to rush you, but are you going to finish soon?”
“Shut the fuck up and let me sleep!”

Sleep?

She pushed the door open. Logan lay sprawled in the bathtub, shower spewing warm water all over him.
“Come on, Logan. You can’t sleep in here,” she whispered, covering her hand with a towel and poking his shoulder.
“I can sleep where ever the hell I feel like it… Beat it, kid…”
“I need to take a shower, too. Come on. Get up and get in to the bed.”
“Fuck… I would if I could… Just let me be…”

She frowned. Then reached and turned the tap, shutting off all the warm water. Logan groaned and cracked his eyes open.
“Get up.”
“Do I have to?”
“Yes, you do. Get up and drag your sorry ass in to the bed.”
“Okay…”

She waited for a while. Logan’s head drooped backwards and he started to relax.
“Wolverine!” Upon hearing the name Logan’s head snapped up, his eyes narrowed and zeroed in to her.
“What the fuck do you want, squirt?”
“I want you to pull your carcass out from that tub so that I can get in to the shower! Shoo!”
“Oh. Okay. I’m going…”
“Shoo!”
“I’m going! I’m going! No need to get all bitchy on me!”

She felt a twinge of guilt when she watched Logan wobbling out of the bathroom, towel hanging haphazardly around his narrow waist. Pleased groan he let out when he collapsed on to the bed drowned any further regrets. He couldn’t have slept in the bathtub anyway. And she really needed that shower.

She pushed the door shut, then stepped in to the shower, cursing her own stupidity when ice-cold water hit her with full force. She was too tired to scream or move. She adjusted the temperature, then reached for the bar of soap that lay on the brim of the tub.

Soap slipped from her fingers and she crumbled on to the bottom of the tub in a fit of mad giggles. She had just shooed Wolverine. Meanest bastard on the face of the earth, terrible destroyer who was scared of itsy bitsy babies and currently slightly cranky because he had missed his beauty sleep several nights in a row.

Those giggles died down soon, turning to a hollow feeling of dread at the pit of her stomach. Logan was scared. Scared of his dreams. Scared of Stryker. She was scared of Sabretooth and Magneto. She was scared of Stryker. She was scared of everything.

She washed up quickly and toweled herself dry. Pulled on the nightgown, relieved when it smelled fresh, no traces of its earlier owner. Pushed open the bathroom door. Her gaze landed on to the bed. Or what was visible of it from under Logan who lay on top of the covers, smack dab middle of it, only a small towel covering his buttocks, snoring softly.

She didn’t have the heart to wake him up and ask him to move aside. She rummaged through the dresser once more. Found two extra blankets and a pillow. She spread one of the blankets on top of Logan who murmured in his sleep, scrunched the blanket tighter around him, and to her amazement rolled on his side, revealing her half of the bed. She spread the second blanket on top of Logan as well, sliding in to the bed under covers and closed her eyes, trying not to think about how bare her feet, hands and face were.