She struggled, screamed, kicked and scratched, but the giant holding her just laughed and threw her over his shoulders.
“Eric is already waiting for you, girlie. We better hurry.”
“You sick sonofabitch! Let go of me!”
“Is that the proper way to talk to your elders?”
“Let me go! I’m not coming with you!”
“Yes, you are. Magneto has a plan, and you’re a… Vital part of that plan.”
“Logan! Help!”
“Runt has problems of his own. Stop screaming, it won’t do any good for you…”

She turned to look. The world was swaying and tilting alarmingly while Sabretooth was weaving his way through the snow. She could see Logan in the distance, lying naked in the snow. He hadn’t moved after Sabretooth had practically gutted him with one, playful swipe of his clawed paw. Their tent was crushed, and Sabretooth had shoved the toboggan and their clothes in to the spring.

After her initial shock and rage wore out she started to feel the chill that crept in to her bones, making her shiver and curl closer against the fur coat of her captor.
“Getting cold up there, missy?” Sabretooth asked.
“Yes…” She answered, her teeth chattering.
“Good. You won’t be struggling anymore then,” Sabretooth nodded. She could see the cabin, and a snowmobile standing in front of it.
“I… I n-need clothes before I freeze…” She stuttered when it started to look like Sabretooth was simply going to jump on to the saddle and get going. Giant huffed and plunked her on to the snow.
“You have clothes in there?” He asked, pointing at the cabin. She nodded. Sabretooth pushed her in, following her and leaving the door open. And suddenly she became very aware of her nakedness.

Wide grin spread on his face and he reached one hairy, clawed hand, caressing her cheek with the tips of his claws, licking his lips.
“Goddamned, cunt… You look good enough to eat. It’s a shame Eric wants you all for himself…” She turned her gaze and backed to the general direction of the latch that led to the basement. If she could get in there…

“Eric should know that he can’t have everything he wants…” Low voice, more of a growl than actual words came from the darkness behind Sabretooth. Three shiny claws erupted suddenly from Sabretooth’s chest. The gigantic mutant stared at them for a moment, then frowned.
“Oh, for fuck’s sake…” Gasp left his lips, then he was yanked violently backwards. She could hear muffled gasp from the outside, then a scream that ended to a gurgling sound. After a moment Logan staggered in, covered in blood, shivering from cold, his eyes still blazing from barely suppressed rage.
“Get dressed. We’re leaving before reinforcements arrive.”

She hurried to get dressed. She thought she finished her task in record time considering that she had to improvise quite a bit to make up the lack of jacket and shoes, but when she got back outside Logan was already waiting her, sitting astride on the snowmobile, his gaze fixed to Sabretooth who had started to stir, breath bubbling bloody froth from his cut throat. She sat behind Logan. He shook his head.
“Get in front of me. Going might get bit rough, don’t want you to fall off and break your neck.”

She soon found out that Logan was right. He drove like a maniac, skirting past bigger rocks and bumps on the snowy plain, not bothering to evade smaller obstacles. She briefly wondered how he could see anything past the snow their vehicle was throwing up in the air, but tried not to think about it too hard. There were more important things to do than think right now. Like clutching Logan's arms for dear life when snowmobile lurched forward and jettisoned high up in the air, falling down again with a jarring thud.

“We have to get in to the forest before they catch us!” Logan shouted. They? Then she heard it. Sound of a helicopter, barely audible over the wind and the noise of the snowmobile. Powerful searchlight flooded them, making everything in two-meter radius brighter than the light of a day, and everything outside the thin beam darker than the thickest of the nights. She heard Logan swearing and squinted her eyes. The helicopter was hovering right above them, throwing snow and small shards of ice on them. Then suddenly it was gone, far behind them, and she could see thick and sturdy columns all around her. Trees. They were in the forest.

Snowmobile kept tilting and lurching alarmingly, but Logan refused to slow down. He seemed determined to outrun the helicopter that had been following them. She closed her eyes. Even though she had been hungry earlier, at one point ready to keel over from the lack of food, she felt nauseous. Her stomach was churning, trying to force out acrid bile that she kept forcing back.

“We’re nearly there!” She heard Logan shouting and cracked her eyes open. She could see a dark, shadowy figure in the distance. The entrance to the cave they had used earlier to get in to the valley that they had just left behind. She couldn’t hear the helicopter anymore.
“I think they gave up!” She shouted. She didn’t know if Logan heard her or not, but the speed of the snowmobile dropped to more bearable level. She was actually able to see their surroundings now.

The snowmobile had barely stopped when Logan jumped off and started tearing off the tarp covering the car. She staggered up, grabbing one corner of the tarp and pulling with what was left of her strength, managing to almost bury herself under the snow that had accumulated on top of it.
“Stop messing around, kid! We don’t have the time for that kind of horseplay!” Logan growled and fished her from under the miniature avalanche, then turning back towards the car. She could hear the sickening screech of his claws, then the driver’s door of the car popped open.
“Get in.”

She crawled over the driver’s seat, settling on to the passenger’s seat that had gotten very familiar to her during the past few weeks. Logan slouched behind the wheel, reaching over her and popping open the glove compartment. He pulled out a set of keys and jabbed them in to the ignition.
“If you’re a believer, now would e a good time to pray that this goddamned piece of crap comes alive again…” He muttered and turned the key. Starter clicked and clacked and the whole car shivered and spluttered.
“Come on, darling… Come on… Get to work you fucking lazy bitch!” As if the car had heard and understood Logan’s rather desperate pleas the engine started purring like it hadn’t spend the past days buried under snow.
“Fuck! I knew there was a reason why I love you!” Logan huffed, wiping imaginary dust off from the dashboard before steering the Pontiac from the curb on to the road.

She had been too scared and dazed earlier to feel the cold, but now she was freezing. Logan had flicked the heater on, but since it relied on the heat of the engine it would take a while before it actually became useful. She shivered on her seat, rubbing her now bare toes, trying desperately to get the feeling back in to them.

“For what does Eric need you?” Logan suddenly asked, his eyes flickering back and forth between the road ahead and the mirrors. She shrugged her shoulders.
“I don’t know… Sabretooth isn’t the most talkative guy. He said that Eric had some plan, and that I was a vital part of it, that’s all.”
“Figures. How are your feet doing?” Logan asked.
“Getting better. But still cold.”

Logan sat up a bit straighter and patted the seat between his thighs.
“Lift them up here.”
“Logan, what…”
“Lift them up here. I’m warm enough.”
“Oh-kay…” She turned sideways and wriggled her feet on his lap, scooted closer and let them fall between his thighs. Logan shifted a bit, and now he was practically sitting on top of her feet. And he was warm. Blessedly warm. She leaned back, small moan escaping from her lips.
“Jesus H. Christ, kid… Stop wriggling! You’ll freeze my nuts off if you raise your feet any higher!”
“Sorry.”

They fell in silence. Logan kept driving and it gave her the perfect opportunity to ogle him. He looked worn out. Ready to keel over at any given second. Greenish light of the meters in the dashboard accentuated his paleness, turning his skin ashen. He kept rubbing his stomach and his face, his bloodshot eyes scanning their surroundings constantly.

“Should I drive?” She asked. Logan shook his head.
“Are you alright?” She asked. Again he shook his head.
“Are you going to be alright?” She asked, worry turning her voice all squeaky.
“I’m going to be just peachy as soon as we can eat and rest. Listen… Kid? Could you not talk for a while?” Logan asked with a scratchy voice, sparing a quick glance to her direction before turning back to staring at the dark road. She made a show of zipping up her lips and returned to observing him in silence.

Next morning found them sitting in a car on a parking lot of a small motel just outside of shabby looking, miniscule excuse of a town.
“You got any money?” Logan asked. His voice had broken to barely recognizable murmur due to cigars he had been smoking almost non-stop through the night. She dug around her pockets, producing small wad of crumpled bills.
“Is this enough?” She asked. Logan eyed the pile with bleary eyes, then nodded.
“Go and get us a room.”
“With cable?”
“As long as there’s bed I don’t care about anything else.”