She opened her eyes. Logan was standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorjamb, holding a brown paper bag in one hand, pair of boots hanging from the other.
“Hi,” she squeaked.
“Hi,” Logan answered, dropped boots and sauntered in, sitting on to the toilet seat. He placed the paper bag he was carrying carefully on to the counter by the sink. She could smell the delicious scent of roasted beef wafting from it. He stared at the toes of his boots for a while, then cleared his throat.
“Do you want us to talk?” He asked. She shook her head.
“Are you going to scream bloody murder if I climb in to that tub with you?” Again she shook her head.

She watched when he started unbuttoning his shirt. She felt like shivering, but clamped that urge down. Soon the shirt was gone, sailing through the air to the general direction of the bed in the other room and Logan sat again. Started unlacing his boots.

She had gotten lost to the play and dance of his rippling muscles, but suddenly he was standing there completely naked, right in front of her. Wide shoulders. Narrow but powerful waist. Muscular thighs and calves. His cock still resting, yet it looked bigger than what she had ever imagined anybody would have. And she felt completely, utterly lost and powerless.

She was about to protest when Logan moved closer.
“Scoot forward a bit,” he instructed. She leaned forward, feeling him sliding behind her, spooning her under water. For a moment they just sat there, Logan leaning against the brim of the tub, his large hands braced on either side of her, her buttocks nestled against his crotch.
“I’m not going to hurt you, kid,” Logan murmured, urging her to lean back, urging her to trust him enough to rest against his chest. She lowered herself carefully; making sure her long hair covered those areas of their skin that weren’t under the surface of the water.

“Dinner?” She heard Logan asking. She was too terrified to open her eyes, but she nodded. She heard the paper rustling, then the scent of freshly grilled meat escalated. She forced herself to crank her eyes open. Logan was holding a huge roast beef sandwich in front of her. She brought her hands up from the water, grabbing a towel and drying off before taking the sandwich from him.

“Easy, kid. Don’t choke on it,” she heard him laughing. It was almost too easy to forgot the fact that she was sitting naked on his lap. It felt just too good to taste something else besides her own saliva in her mouth again. And her stomach, it would have probably sang Hosianna from the rooftops if it hadn’t been busy processing this luxurious treat.
“Something to drink?” a paper cup equipped with a straw appeared in front of her. Coke. All the excess sugar and caffeine a girl could hope for.

She ate and drank until she was sure she was going to explode, then stuffed last pitiful crumbs of the sandwich in to her mouth, chewing thoughtfully, swallowing and burping loudly.
“Feeling better?” Logan asked.
“Oh, God, yes…” She moaned, trying to remember when was the last time she felt this good.
“Good. We should probably get out of this tub. Water’s getting cold.”
“Yeah…”
“I got us some clothes and stuff. New shoes for you. But we’ll have the time to look at those later. I think we need to talk anyway.”

She was sitting on the bed, fiddling with the hem of the nightgown nervously. Logan was lounging on an armchair in the corner, his gaze fixed upon her. Earlier relaxed mood had turned to tense nervousness.

“What do you want?” He asked. She turned to look at him questioningly.
“I need to know… You said I could touch you if I wanted. To me touch must be quite another kind of event than it is for you. When I touch, I hurt people. Or have sex. What do you want? What are you looking for?” She could just stare at him. Logan sighed and leaned forward, bracing his elbows against his knees.
“Shit… Okay. I’ll be blunt with you. Do you want us to have sex?” He asked. She opened her mouth to answer, then closed it, realizing she didn’t know the answer.
“I’m guessing you’re not sure about it. It’s okay. Take your time thinking. And I think it’s pretty safe to assume that you don’t want me to beat you to a bloody pulp either. And if you’re after that, I’m sorry to disappoint you. After all, I’m quite traditional guy, and beating women has never been my idea of fun… Though, if I’m completely honest… It gives certain feeling of achievement and job well done when I get to smack around Mystique every now and then. But then again, I’m not completely convinced if the blue bitch even is a real woman, so…”

It was starting to turn to a very weird monologue. She had to bite her lip to keep back quite inappropriate fit of giggles.
“Right. But I’m getting sidetracked… Did you like it when I held you in that tub?” She thought about it. Thought about it hard. And with every passing second Logan started looking more and more impatient.
“Say something, kid. Tell me to fuck off. For Christ’s sakes, tell me to shut my mouth before I make a complete fool out of myself.”

“Could you… Could you just hold me?” She asked timidly. Logan rose from the chair, walking to where she sat, settling on to the bed and pulling her beside him, wrapping an arm around her. She nestled against his side, making sure that her hair covered his bare chest before she laid her head on it.
“Is this… Is this okay for you?” Logan asked. She listened the steady beat of his heart. Felt his warmth seeping through the cotton of the nightgown. His strong arm supporting her back, holding her close.
“This is good.”

They spend one more night at the motel. No matter how good it felt to lay next to Logan, their bodies touching, in the end she chickened out, turning away from his embrace. Logan said that he understood and bid her good night, turning his back, but she could see from his face that he was every bit as confused as he had been before.

At next morning they were packed and ready to go. Logan was already getting nervous and impatient.
“It’s too quiet. Eric’s not a guy who gives up easily. We got away from him, but we haven’t been exactly hiding from him…” He muttered, scanning their surroundings with his worried gaze once more before sitting behind the steering wheel.

“There’s something for you in the glove compartment,” he said after they had driven for a while.
“For me?” She asked and popped it open. There was a small, plain cardboard box. She took it out and just stared at it.
“I have no idea of what is going to happen. Right now the best we can do is to stay on the move, to keep Eric guessing our whereabouts…” She opened the box. There was a gun inside. Small, almost like a toy, shining silver. She picked it up.
“But we can’t fool him endlessly. Sooner or later he’s going to catch us. And I want you to be able to throw something more than harsh words at his direction when it happens. Have you ever used a gun before?” Logan asked. She nodded.
“In the Danger Room. Back at Xavier’s. A rifle.”
“Well, this little guy is slightly different, but at least you know the basics. This isn’t as accurate as rifle. But this is small, easy to hide. I want you to keep it with you all the times. And if you get caught… Don’t hesitate to use it. Magneto, Sabretooth, they both have ways to minimize the damage, Magneto can probably block bullets, but when you got the chance push the barrel of that little guy right here…” Logan said, jabbing his chest with his index finger.
“And pull the trigger. Direct hit to the heart will put Magneto down permanently, and Vic will be out of count for quite some time.”
“I don’t think I could do something like that…” She whispered, sudden feel of chill spreading through her veins.
“You have to. If they can get close enough to get their hands on you I’m not around anymore,” Logan said.
“What do you mean? Not around?” She asked, slight tinge of panic in her voice. Was he going to leave her?
“Calm down, kid. I’m not going to bail out of this. We’re in this together. But I’m… I’m not fucking immortal, Rogue. And truth to be told, I’m not much use against Magneto. He can fold me over like an envelope and toss me aside faster than you can say magnetism.”
“Calm down? I’m supposed to calm down when there’s a good chance that you will get yourself killed because of me? Are you fucking nuts?”
“No. But I’d be fucking insane if I started walking around, thinking that nothing can hurt me. And besides, it’s not like I’m planning to hand over my ass to Eric on a silver platter. Take the gun. I promise to try my best that you don’t have to use it. Ever.”
“You promise?”
“I promise, kid.”

They spend the next few weeks driving around, seemingly aimlessly. Logan kept fighting, claiming it was the quickest way to earn cash, but she knew he did it as much to calm down his nerves as to keep them fed. She had lost all her interest in witnessing those gory sessions, and usually slept, in the car, or in a motel if they could afford to it. There she was even now, sitting on a bed Nausea churning at the pit of her stomach. She had woken up when Logan came back from the bar. She had pretended to be sleeping. Logan had looked unusually secretive and locked himself in to the bathroom. She could hear him talking to his mobile phone.

“Hello, Vic…” Vic? He was calling to Sabretooth?
“Calm down, asshole. I was just messing with you.” What the hell was going on?
“Where are you guys now? Back in N.Y.?”

She wasn’t sure how sharp Logan’s hearing was, but surely he would notice if she crept behind that door?
“Yeah. Listen, I’m getting a bit tired of dragging that little bitch with me.” What the hell…
“Virgin? What the fuck has that got to do with anything? I’m not a sick fuck like you, I like my women willing, and trust me, this one isn’t putting out anything else than my libido. Tell Eric that we should be back there in few days. I’ll drop her off and you can do what ever the hell is it you wanted to do with her. A reward? It’s reward enough when I don’t have to see her face anymore… Yeah. I’ll call when we’re closer.”

She lay down and closed her eyes when the handle of the bathroom door started to turn. She could hear Logan shuffling around, pocketing his phone and undressing. Grabbing a beer from the fridge.

He was going to take her to Magneto.