Story Notes:
Marie and Logan trade presents.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Second chapter coming in a day or two. This first one may or may not make sense without it. Merry Christmas to you all. :)
He sat in the dimmest corner of the rec room, small tumbler of whiskey warming up in his hands, cigar smoke curling slowly from the ashtray beside him and observed. Generally he didn’t mind much about these shindigs, but curiosity and boredom had driven him from his room to explore when first chords of the Christmas carols had reached him through the air vent above his bed. And of course he had had another reason to participate this year. He had gotten presents. Sensible and useful presents to everybody, and he had been too busy earlier to add them to the growing pile under the Christmas tree.

He had gotten presents as well. They sat beside him on the floor, unopened. There was no rush. And he rather opened them back in his room alone anyway. Each and every one of the boxes that were wrapped with colorful papers held a card. Each and every card carried a name of the person that had given the present. He could thank them later.

“Oh, Logan! These are just adorable!” Jean. Pair of fluffy mittens and a cap. Scott staring at him disbelievingly. He raised the tumbler he was holding to the other man and winked. Received a puzzled, yet pleased smile from Summers. Brat had most likely expected him to get something rather obvious and tacky for Jean. Well, in all honesty Logan had been briefly debating with himself between mittens and extremely sheer silk robe, but in the end reason had won. He had ended up buying both, but Jean became the recipient of the mittens.

He had started thinking about another person who wouldn’t find the robe tacky, or even the slightest bit of sexist and obnoxious. The person in question was standing little further in the room, holding the robe and rubbing her cheek against the soft surface, her eyes closed and her lips just slightly parted.

Dark green silk gleamed wetly in the flickering light of the candles, accentuating her pale skin and rich chocolate colored hair. Brought white bangs in it to the front, reminding him briefly about the moment he saw them blossoming over her forehead. He clutched the tumbler instinctively harder when she opened her eyes and her joyful gaze swept over the crowd, searching him. She mouthed quick ‘thank you’ before disappearing from the room.

He waited far in to the night, until everybody else was asleep before he stood up from where he sat and stretched his back. Gathered his presents and started his slow journey through the sleeping mansion. He did it every night. Just because it was Christmas Eve it didn’t mean that the bad guys were sleeping. But everything was silent, as it should be, so he ended his nightly patrol and returned to his room.

The girl was sleeping on his bed, dressed to forest green silk robe. He placed the packages he was carrying silently on to a table next to bed and started unbuttoning his shirt. Every move careful. There was no room for even the tiniest of noise now.

When he was done his torso was bare. He approached the bed, hesitating for a second. His hands went to the buckle of his belt. It was hard and cold. But did it matter?

He gathered the sleeping girl on his arms, careful not to wake her. She flinched slightly when her hip pressed against the buckle, but settled against him when he stood up. He could feel the warmth of her skin through the robe. Could feel the softness of her body through the robe as he backed slowly out from his room and turned to the direction of hers.

He could feel slow tingling. Small jolts, like electricity. Her skin was reacting through the silk. The robe was entirely too sheer to protect him thoroughly, but it was a small price to pay when he saw the smile on her lips and heard her pleased gasp when he laid her on her bed and tucked her in for the night.