Author's Chapter Notes:
A really short summary of the 25th
The next day flew by in a rush. It started with breakfast and overly excited chattering.

Logan wasn’t sure how he managed to not get nuts during that time, but the prom bought the entire mansion down in one big turmoil.

And after lunch things got even worse. What had started out as preparations quickly became an insuperable attack of hair spray, perfume, make up, bushy layers of fabric and immense loads of jewelry.

What was a rather easy ordeal for the boys - shower and putting on the ironed clothes - became a hour long procedure for the girls.

Logan never understood what they were doing with all that time, but what ever it was, they usually did look breathtaking afterward.

That was the only upsides of the entire ordeal and the reason why Logan made sure to be there, when the prom started.

He appreciated Jean’s blue satin dress, nodded at Ororo’s two-piece suit and then kept a lookout for Rogue.

He did not have to look long. Seeing that they were to depart around midnight, she obviously wanted to get the most out of this evening. Logan couldn’t blame her for that. And she did look amazing in that blue dress, long matching gloves and with her braided hair. She didn’t wear any jewels or make up and Logan appreciated it very much.

He still preferred to leave and smoke a cigarette on the balcony, when Marie stopped him in his way.

“Hey, Logan. Promise me to be here around ten, will you? Jubes talked me into making a fool of myself in front of the entire mansion. Once I am at it you might as well enjoy it too.”

Later that night, when he was driving the car away from the mansion, he wasn’t really surprised when she fell asleep only minutes after they started their road trip.

For some odd reason Marie had not only be part of a rather stupid choreography imitating the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but also the assistant in a small magical number and she even have had a solo guitar act.

Logan seriously could not remember when he had last seen her that hyper. Then again, his present might have helped a little.

After all she had been really determined to look out of the windows, watch the passing trees, when her head had been constantly drifting to her side. About half an hour later Logan finally pulled over, placed a blanked over her and turned the heater just a notch higher.

Well then, after the short trip in his camper this was the first time he was taking a trip with her.

This far it was good. This far she didn’t try to be a wise crack.
Chapter End Notes:
And of they are on their road trip ^_~

Stay tuned for next chapter ^^