Story Notes:
This is Logan's POV, so expect lots of swearing *g*. It was supposed to be an innocent Christmas fic, but somewhere along the lines it all went downhill & Logan got horny. Also, I thought I'd give myself a challenge and try and write it in 2nd person, which was... interesting. Not quite sure how it came out. The fic is in three (short) parts, and I was umming and ahhhing whether to post them all in one go, or in chapters - and being crap at decisions I decided to compromise. They will be chapters, but will be posted in quick succession. Next one will probably fairly early tomorrow. So long as I can drag my ass out of bed to post it!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Post X3

Love.

Not the sort of word you give much thought to.

Not the sort of emotion you like to admit.

Lust you understand. Lust is animal. It's a weakness to exploit in others. A tool to be used. But...love? Yeah. You stay the hell away. You look at the sappy fools around you and you smirk. Congratulate yourself on not being one of them.

Heh. Doesn't always work like that though, does it?

Sometimes it bites back and then you know you're screwed. In every sense.

You're never prepared. When it hits you, it knocks your whole damn world sideways. Whether it's full frontal assault, sending you sprawling into emotions you don't want to visit, or whether it sidles up like an assassin in your sleep. Whether it douses you in fire, or ices you in shivers that shudder down your back like the deepest snow in Canada. However blunt. However poetic. Yeah... you never expect it.

...Whatever the hell that means.

Probably says more about you than you care to think about.

Instead you try to avoid it. Try to keep a healthy distance. Maintain that sex/relationship line with an iron fence that says 'do not the fuck cross'.

And it works... to a point...

...Sometimes these things just slip you by.

They slide through your barriers before you even notice they were there. They send your world spinning, flip everything on its head, until you start talking in circles and riddles about things you wish to hell you didn't understand. Thoughts that bleed you. Feelings that make you weaker.

Emotions you can't live without.

Yeah. That narks you. Big time.

But you still crave it.

You didn't expect to feel anything when she came back. Why would you? She was just a friend. A responsibility... yeah, that's what she was. Someone to look out for. Affectionate, but nothing more. It had all been about protection. About duty. About doing the right thing and proving you were worth something. Back then you would have never even considered...

...would you?

But the war had been and gone, taking too many with it, leaving the scars for the rest to bear. She left not long after. You weren't even sure why. At the time your mind was on other things. Like how the hell you were supposed to get through another day when every memory was haunted by those you had killed. Those you couldn't save.

But they needed you, didn't they. They gave you a role. Teacher. Leader. They gave you work. A purpose. And you built on that. You made something of it. Made something of yourself.

But her?

The cure set her apart, and when she split with her icicle boyfriend... who knows... Maybe she just decided it was best to move on. Couldn't say you blamed her. You would've done the same a few years back.

It wasn't messy. There was no bad feeling. She kept in touch with her friends, a few of the teachers. Even spoke to you a couple of times... on the phone of course. Maybe that's why you didn't consider it unusual when you heard she was thinking about coming back for Christmas. A shrug. Yeah. A chance to catch up. All good.

Yeah. Right.

Nearly a year, it had been, since she last stepped through those doors. Eleven months of building, trusting, working, bending a role in a school to fit you. Eleven months of forgetting. Eleven months of moving on.

What the fuck happened in eleven months?

Because when she walked through those doors... yeah...

Your whole damn world slid sideways.