Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, I could either make Scott the bad guy and get all the members of PETS after me, or I could make Jean the bad guy and step on the toes of all the PETJ members. PETS has more members than PETJ. The judges have spoken *G*


*...* Logan's Conscience speaking

_..._ Logan's thoughts

Rogue looked up from her book and smiled as Logan stepped into her room.

"Hi, sugah. Where've you been?" she asked.

Logan shrugged nonchalantly.

"Oh, just around."

His tone made Rogue raise an eyebrow. She knew him well enough to know that 'around' was Logan-speech for anything short of cage-fights.

"You didn't hurt anyone, did you?" she asked warily.

Logan put on his best 'Who, Me?' - face.

"Would I do something like that?" he asked, all innocence.

Rogue glared at him and tapped slightly on her head with a gloved finger.

"I only scared them a little. They'll live," Logan grinned.

Rogue shook her head.

"You're a bad, bad boy, sugah."

Logan leaned closer and let one leather-clad finger trace the chain that held his tags. He smirked as he heard her heartbeat accelerate.

"You know you love it."

Whatever Rogue might have replied was cut short when someone knocked on the door. Logan turned towards the door.

"What?!" he growled.

"It's Jean. Can I come in?" a voice called.

Rogue and Logan exchanged a long look, then sighed.

"Sure, the door's open," Rogue called back.

"There goes the fun," she muttered. Logan could only agree.

Jean stepped inside with an obviously reluctant Scott in tow. He had the whole 'I know that nothing we say or do can make you change your minds, but my fiancé made me do this'-look on his face and for a brief moment Logan actually felt sorry for him.

_Great. I feel sorry for Scooter. I must be getting soft._

*Logan, if you gave yourself time to get to know him, you might discover that he isn't as bad as you think.*

_You again?_ Logan grumbled.

*Admit it, old chap - you missed me.*

Logan chose not to dignify that with an answer and instead he focused his attention on Jean.

"So, Dr. Grey, any particular reason you and Fearless Leader dropped by, or did you just miss our company?" he asked.

Rogue choked a grin.

Jean shook her head.

"Logan, I really hoped we could discuss this as adults."

"Discuss what?" Rogue asked, although she had a pretty good idea of what Jean was taking about. Judging from Logan's expression he did, too.

"This...relationship of yours. Logan, she is just a child and you could very well be older than the Professor!"

"Hey!" the annoyed reply came from both Logan and Rogue.

*Rather amazing, isn't it? She just managed to insult two people in one sentence.*

_You got anything useful to say, or are you just being a pain-in-the-ass?_

*That is not a very nice way to talk to someone who tries to help you, you know.*

_Fuck off._

"We already talked about this, Dr. Grey. Haven't you got some other arguments you can use?" Rogue asked.

Jean sighed. Scooter sighed. Rogue smirked.

1-0 for our team, Logan decided with a grin.

"Rogue, Logan flirted a lot with me when the two of you first arrived at the school. He even said that his heart didn't belong to you. I'm sorry."

Logan tried to form a suitable reply, but Rogue was miles ahead of him.

"He doesn't flirt with you now. And please! The other comment was made when he had just woken up from two days in a coma. Don't know about you, but to me it doesn't sound like he had much of a chance to think things through."

Logan had the strangest feeling that the two women were continuing an argument they started long ago. Judging from Scooter's suffering expression, so did he.

*If you - for a change - took the time to listen to me, I know how to make Jean leave you two alone,* the voice hinted.

Logan's mental ears perked up.

_How?_

*I'll tell you on one condition: That you start to bloody listen to me!*

_Hey, that's blackmail!_

*My, it is! What an amazing level of perception, old boy!*

_You're my Conscience! You can't fucking blackmail me!_

*Logan, my dear boy. That is the whole point: I am YOUR Conscience. That means I play by the same rules as you do. And since you don't have that many rules, except 'Protect Marie', I have free hands -figuratively speaking, of course.*

Logan had a bad feeling about it.

*Who knows? You might even like it once you start to listen to me.*

Logan had a very bad feeling about it.

*Well, old boy? What do you say?*

Logan's reply was not very printable.

*I'm waiting.*

_Yeah, yeah. Fuck it. From now on, I'll listen to you. Happy now?_

*Why, that's so very kind of you.*

_Stuff it, brain-ball._

*I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Now, to my part of the deal...*

Logan listened carefully, then grinned. This deal might be worth it after all.

"Hey!" Logan said and interrupted Rogue and Jean's argument. The two looked at him.

"Let's make a deal, Jean. You give us three months; if Marie and I are still together after that, you'll accept it and leave us alone. If we're not together, you were right about us, no damage done. What do you say?"

Jean thought about it for a moment and Scott got a hopeful expression on his face.

"Okay. But I won't give you more than two months. Deal?"

Rogue and Logan exchanged a look.

"Deal," they agreed.

The two uninvited guests were about to leave when Scott dropped the Bomb of the Day.

"Remember, we meet tomorrow at 4 p.m. in the garage."

"Don't worry, we'll be there," Rogue replied and Scott left.

"Be where?" Logan asked.

"Oh, you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"We - Scott, you and I - will take the youngest kids to the movies tomorrow."

Logan walked right into the trap, ignoring the bright pink and yellow neon signs that said 'DANGER!!' and 'DO NOT ENTER!'. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

"Okay. What're they playing?"

"Pokémon 5: The Return of the Evil Pikachu."

"Oka...WHAT???"

And for once, Logan's Conscience agreed.