Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been a while since I wrote a short happyish (if that's even a word) kind of songfic. I hope that this makes up for all the pain and tears I've caused with my previous stories. Oh and no I don't own this lovely Fefe Dobson song either.
It was a Friday night on a long hot summer day at the beginning of the brand new school year.

Marie was just sitting in her room looking through a few magazines of Vogue that Kitty had allowed her to borrow out of her huge collection.

If only I could look like that, Marie thought to herself as she continued to stare at all the models that appeared page after page.

She knew she never would be drop dead gorgeous, but she figured, what would be the point if she was?

She was untouchable. She could never touch, kiss, get married, or have kids. Marie couldn't even capture the true attention of the man she wanted most.

Logan.

Yes, she knew they were supposedly, "Just Friends," but somehow she couldn't help but feel attracted to the man. Even despite the fact that he still thought of her only as a kid.

Suddenly there was a knock on her door.

"Who is it?" Marie yelled startled.

"Me, kid."

Speaking of the man himself!

"C'mon in," Marie yelled as Logan soon entered.

"Hey, kid. Watcha doin'?" Logan asked as he took a seat next to her on the bed.

"Nothin' much."

He picked up a magazine and said, "Fashion, models…I didn't know that you were into all this stuff."

"I'm really not," Marie said flipping another page, "It's Kitty's. I'm just looking."

"I thought it was every girl's dream to be a model."

"Not everyone's," Marie said, "I mean, Me?! I wouldn't stand a chance. I'm nowhere pretty enough, tall enough, skinny enough, or…"

"You are unique Marie," Logan said in a straight forward, serious tone, "That's all that counts to have what it takes. Besides…I think that you're pretty."

"You do?!" Marie said in disbelief.

"Sure."

Marie looked back down and sighed as she saw model after model on all the covers.

"Hey. I was going for a ride on my bike - well Scooter's and I was wondering if you might want to tag along."

"Really?"

"Yup. C'mon grab your coat. It's a little chilly."

Smiling happily, Marie jumped off the bed and quickly grabbed her coat.

Then they headed to the garage where Logan climbed aboard and Marie hoped in right behind him, putting her arms around his waist.

"Here's your helmet," he said handing it to her.

"Thank you," she said putting it on.

"Ready to go?"

"All ready!"

"Good," Logan said firing up the engine, "Here we go."

And off they were.

We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride


Marie was amazed at how beautiful the city looked as they reached it. The stars were shining and lights were all about in the distance coming from the buildings. The sound of traffic could be heard and it brought a sense of relief in her heart.

We went for a ride
Undercover of the twilight
And the traffic on the road
And there's only you and I
I hope we never get back home
Cause I'm feeling serenaded
By the coming of the night
And I wish we'd go forever

And I wish we could just
Drive away
We could drive away
We could drive away
Into the night


This is what she needed. She had been studying for hours the last couple days and this was the break that she deserved. It was also always a nice bonus when she got to spend more time with Logan.

We went for a ride
With your words of consolation
And the trees of crystal white
I'll be praying for a red light
To extend this precious night
Cause we both know where I'm going
And we know it just ain't right
But there's nothing we can do
Except keep moving

Drive away
We could drive away
We could drive away
Into the night


Marie didn't want this to end. It all felt just so good.

She decided to hug Logan a little closer as she made herself more comfortable on the vehicle's seat.

Logan, a little surprised, managed to grin since after Marie placed her head on his shoulder.

After some more driving past a nice little park, Logan asked, "There's a diner near here that has some good food. You wanna go?"

"Sure, sugah," Marie said dreamily still amazed at all the sites she had seen as they drove by.

She thought to herself how unfortunate it was that so many people took their surroundings for granted.

They stopped at the diner which was located in a place with a huge parking lot that had few cars. When they came in it, they had a feeling of at home with the look and feel of the place.

It was just like Logan and Marie had stepped foot into the 1950's. There were booths, counters, and tables to sit at. Also there were the colors of sky blue, pale pink, and a light green. There was even a jukebox in the corner of the room.

Marie and Logan both ordered a hot dog, fries, and a milkshake, while they took turns to put a coin or two in the jukebox machine,

Once they were done, they talked a while before going on the bike in the empty parking lot.

"Thank you, Logan. This trip has meant so much for me."

"Aww…chucks. It was nothing."

"But it was. In fact, it was the best night I've had in my life."

"Mine too."

There was a moment of silence as Marie looked down, blushed, and Logan took her gloved hand into his.

Here we are
We are alone together
We went for a ride

Here we are
We are alone together
We went for a ride


"Marie?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me that no matter what happens to us or between us, we'll always remain the best of friends okay?"

Surprised, Marie said, "Okay, Logan. Of course."

He then started to play with her white streaks. They looked into each other's eyes and Logan leaned forwards and kissed her on the top of the head where her hair was.

"Logan…"

"Shhh…" he said placing a gloved finger on her lip, "The right time will come but for now we are going to go back to the mansion, okay?"

Marie nodded before joining Logan on the bike.

They got to the mansion by 3 a.m. and everyone was already asleep.

Hand in hand, Logan and Marie walked up the stairs, and he led her into her room. He was standing in the doorway when he said, "Goodnight, Marie," and kissed her on her top of her head again.

"Goodnight, Logan."

He left and Marie watched him walk down the hallway. Once he was out of sight, she closed her door, leaned against it, and sighed.

That was definitely the best night in her life.

We Went For a A Ride
By Fefe Dobson


We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride

We went for a ride
Undercover of the twilight
And the traffic on the road
And there's only you and I
I hope we never get back home
Cause I'm feeling serenaded
By the coming of the night
And I wish we'd go forever

And I wish we could just
Drive away
We could drive away
We could drive away
Into the night

We went for a ride
With your words of consolation
And the trees of crystal white
I'll be praying for a red light
To extend this precious night
Cause we both know where I'm going
And we know it just ain't right
But there's nothing we can do
Except keep moving

Drive away
We could drive away
We could drive away
Into the night

We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride
We went for a ride

Here we are
We are alone together
We went for a ride

Here we are
We are alone together
We went for a ride

Yeah

Yeah

Here we are
We are alone together
We went for a ride

Here we are
We are alone together
Here we are
Here we are

We are alone together
Here we are

We are alone together
Here we are

We are alone together

We went for a ride
Here we are
We are alone together

Yeah