Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a funny little piece that I found of mine that was from a long way back. Enjoy!
I hear the crying rooms away.

My senses pick it up.

The voice.

The sobs.

All too familiar.

I run up the steps towards Marie’s room.

“Marie?” I call out.

“Logan?” I hear her whimper.

Without a second thought, I rush inside.

“What’s wrong, darlin’?” I ask as I sat down beside her on the bed.

“I…” she starts before breaking down again.

I held back onto her and said, “C’mon you can tell me. What happened darlin’? What?”

“It’s…it’s Bobby.”

“What about him?”

“He…he broke up with me,” she struggled.

“What?! Why? I thought you two were happy together…” I try to say in a concerned tone. Yeah right…

“He-he cheated on me.”

“With who?”

“The lying son of a…”

“With who Marie?”

“Kitty.”

“Kitty Pride? But isn’t she your friend?”

“I thought so. Until…”

“Oh no. Darlin’, I’m so sorry. How did you find out?”

“I walked in on them and they were…”

“And they were what?”

“Well, you know…”

“Oh…Oh!” I say finally understanding. How could any normal human possibly do this to such a young and sweet innocent girl. “I’m so sorry.”

“How could this have happened Logan? I finally like someone who likes me back and now he doesn’t respect nothing or me anymore. I feel…I feel so used. Betrayed. I just want to die.”

“Don’t say that.”

“But it is true,” she says looking up at with me with tears flooding her eyes.

“No…”

“But there is no reason for me to live. I’m untouchable. Who would want to be with me in that way?”

“Many. Just not that good for nothing boy. I swear that the moment I see him and I’m going to knock his…”

“Logan…”

“…until he reaches the center core of the sun and has the living daylights burned out of him…”

“Logan!”

“What?”

“Who can I ever be with? I don’t have a future. I can’t…”

“Marie, calm down. There are many more fish in the sea…I think…is that how the saying goes?”

“Yeah, that’s easy for you to say.”

“Excuse me?”

“What about all your one night stands with women, huh? There sure are plenty going after you, but what about me? Where are all the guys? I’m untouchable and I always will be.”

“There. There. Calm down,” I say putting an arm around her and rubbing her shoulder. “You’ll meet your prince charming one day.”

“Really?”

With a whisper I say, “Believe me. You will.”