Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope that due to some of the stuff I wrote, M/S and L/J haters don’t kill me for I am one of your people! I come in peace! Warning: May be a tear jerker for some.
The wedding march began and everyone stood up in order to wait for the bride to come.

I saw my love walking down the aisle

Marie stood on one side of the main alter that had some seats as she waited for the man that she loved to come up to her.

And as he passed me by, he turned & he smiled

He smiled at her and she smiled back although she had to force it. She had an aching heat and she was trying her best to hide it while he continued heading up to the front of the room.

Scott stood beside her and deep within him, he felt all the pain the young 20-year-old woman was feeling. He too was heartbroken. The woman he loved the most was marrying the person he hated the most.

He wasn’t going to go in the first place but decided that he couldn’t just leave Marie there. He was aware that she had been struggling with this ordeal too, so he gave in last minute. He would just leave later and take a trip into town to take his mind off of things. After all, it wasn’t like he could do anything about the situation now.

Soon the bride entered with the Professor holding her hand. Her beautiful white, flowing dress caught the eyes of many.

Marie looked up from Logan to Jean. All she saw there was love. They were staring at each other and smiling. It seemed like they couldn’t care less about anything else that was happening in the world.

The preacher joined their hands
And all the people began to stand
When I shouted:
"You know that should have been me


They all stood until they were asked to be seated by Kurt, who had been asked to marry them.

Marie did so and Scott took her gloved hand into his. He squeezed it and gave her a small smile as a means of support. They understood each other so well now. After what happened between Jean and Logan, they grew closer in a family way. Marie was the younger sister that Scott never had and Scott was the older brother she didn’t have either.

Marie was so upset that Logan never paid attention to her as a woman rather than just a close friend. She loved him more than that but no matter what she would do, he wouldn’t take notice. It was like he only had eyes for Jean.

They had always been there for each other. She’d cry on his shoulder when she was having a bad day and Logan trusted her in expressing his feelings about Jean. It wasn’t until Logan and Jean announced their relationship that things took its toll.

Scott was furious. He even left the house for at least two months. When he came back, he didn’t talk to hardly anyone except the Professor and Marie. She told him about the amount of sympathy she had for him and how sorry she was for what happened. It was during this process that he realized that she still had feelings for Logan that went beyond the average crush.

Now more than ever her heart was aching and her mind was screaming for them to stop the whole ceremony. Yet all she could do was remain silent.

Instead of her walking with you
You know that it should have been me
Getting ready to marry you
Darling, darling

You made a promise that we'd never part
& then you turned around & broke my heart
Now you're standing there saying 'I do'
Holding hands with somebody new


Marie remembered the promise he made so long ago. It repeated like a reverie in her mind.



“I’ll take care of you,” he whispered as they were witting in the train.

“Promise?” she said looking up into his eyes.

“Promise.”



Also there was the handing of the tags.



“I’ll be back for these,” he said as he placed them in her hands.



She fought her tears back as the ceremony continued.

It should have been me
Instead of her standing by you
You know that it should have been me
Getting ready to say 'I do'!"

Then the preacher asked, "Will there be silence, please?
If any objections to this wedding
Speak now or forever, forever hold your peace"

Then I shouted:
"It should have been me
You know that it should have been me
You know that it should have been me
Darling, how could you do this to me?

People let me tell you now
It should have been me
Instead of her standing by you
You know that it should have been me
I've always been faithful & true!"


”If there are any objections to this wedding,” Kurt said gulping and looking in Scott’s direction, “Speak now or forever hold your peace.”

Jean and Logan looked at the audience and then smiled at each other as nobody made a comment.

Despite that he didn’t think the couple could last, Kurt had no choice but to go on with the ceremony. Slowly he nodded and replied, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Everyone stood up to cheer as they kissed. Everyone except Scott and Marie who remained seated. This was all too much.

Is this a dream? Some horrible nightmare?

No it isn’t, she told herself. You’ve lost Logan. You’ve lost him forever.

She felt so weak and swore that she was going to pass out on the spot.

They newlyweds walked down the aisle and out of the room and soon others began to follow.

After they were all gone, Scott stood up slowly and asked, “Are you coming?”

“In a little while,” Marie replied.

“I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me,” Scott said before turning around and leaving.

Marie nodded and went up to the altar. She touched with her glove the bouquet of white flowers that was on the podium stand.

It could’ve been me, she thought before crying.

She stayed like that for a least half an hour not realizing that time was passing. She then straightened up and took a tissue and wiped her face of the running mascara the tears had made.

Marie walked down the aisle and when she arrived at the doorway, she looked back towards the front of the room only hoping that all would work well and that at least Logan would be happy.



It Should Have Been Me Lyrics
By: Yvonne Fair


I saw my love walking down the aisle
& as he passed me by, he turned & he smiled
The preacher joined their hands
& all the people began to stand

When I shouted:
"You know that should have been me
Instead of her walking with you
You know that it should have been me
Getting ready to marry you
Darling, darling

You made a promise that we'd never part
& then you turned around & broke my heart
Now you're standing there saying 'I do'
Holding hands with somebody new

It should have been me
Instead of her standing by you
You know that it should have been me
Getting ready to say 'I do'!"

Then the preacher asked, "Will there be silence, please?
If any objections to this wedding
Speak now or forever, forever hold your peace"

Then I shouted:
"It should have been me
You know that it should have been me
You know that it should have been me
Darling, how could you do this to me?

People let me tell you now
It should have been me
Instead of her standing by you
You know that it should have been me
I've always been faithful & true!"
..& fade