Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't really know where this one came. Rating is relatively high due to bad language.
She stared at the man sitting in front of her. For the past five hours they had been sharing this tiny space with each other. He hadn’t moved. He hadn’t spoken. He hadn’t even looked at her. As soon as the elevator had jammed the man the rest of the world knew as Wolverine, and she as Logan, had sat down, leaned his back against the wall and apparently fallen asleep, covering over half of the tiny floor with his massive bulk in the process. She had managed to squirm down between his bent knees, facing him.

“What the fuck are you doing?”
“Nothing?”
“You’re staring at me. I can feel it. Stop it.”
“I’m not staring at you. I’m staring at your nose hair. I’m sure I have tweezers in my bag somewhere…”
“Forget it.”
“Forget it? For crying out loud, you could twist them in to a bun if you wanted! How the hell can you even breathe through that thicket?”
“I can breathe just fine.”
“Hmph.”

She leaned back and huffed. She’d go nuts soon. There was nothing to do, and every time she dared to move Logan cracked his eyes open, eyeing her suspiciously before falling back to his ‘I’m-slumbering-so-keep-your-goddamned-trap-shut’ –routine. Her eyes traveled on their own volition over his features, stopping to the general direction of his ear. More precisely his left ear.

“What is it now?”
“What? Nothing. I wasn’t…”
“Staring? Yes, you were.”
“I was just thinking… You rely much to your hearing, right?”
“Not more than any other. I just happen to have sharper senses than most of the people.”
“What would you do if I told you that I could sharpen your senses even more? Hone them to perfection?”
“Leave my hairs alone!”
“But there’s so much of them. Just look at your eyebrows for example.”
“My eyebrows? What’s wrong with those?”
“Umm… They’re… You do know that average person’s supposed to have two eyebrows? You have one. And it’s thick. Bushy. What if it gets in to your eyes just as you’re about to…”
“What the fuck is this? Are you trying to turn me in to Summers the Second? I’m hairy and I’m kind of attached to each and every one of those hairs!”
“I’m not talking about shaving your chest. I’m just saying that you could use a little trimming…”
“I’m not a fucking poodle!”
“Hmph… Men.”

Logan stared at her for a moment before settling back, closing his eyes again and crossing his arms over his chest. Now, there was a set of hairy arms she could really appreciate. Those black, wiry hairs were exactly where they were supposed to be. Skin and muscles of his forearms shifted a bit, then three distinctive ridges appeared on the backs of his hands. She swallowed and eased back. Let go of the zipper of her bag. Logan’s lips curled to a crooked smile.

“People think you’re scruffy.”
“That’s their problem. And what does it matter to you?”
“You brought me here. I don’t want them to start thinking that I’m scruffy too.”
“And they say that I’m paranoid… Anyway, tough luck, kid. Even if you scalded me it wouldn’t do much good. Everything just grows back.”
“Well, eventually. But in the meantime you’d look good.”
“Yeah. The whole fucking two seconds.”
“Two… Are you serious?”
“Apparently they’re somehow vital for my surviving. Can’t really see why, but…”

Logan shrugged his shoulders and opened his eyes, fixing the hazel stare to her hands that had started to creep towards her bag once more. He raised his brow. Suddenly he huffed.

“What the heck… Try for yourself if you don’t believe me.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Okay…”

She dug up her tweezers and scooted to a better position in front of him. Logan eyed the metal instrument with suspicion, but let her use it. She plucked out hairs from his nose. Logan sniffled and wriggled his nostrils. She tilted her head.

“Unbelievable!”
“Told you so.”
“But… How the hell is that even possible? And why haven’t you grown a beard and hair to fit Methuselah while we’re here?”
“How the hell should I know?”
“And I thought I had it rough because I have to shave my legs every morning.”

For a moment they sat in silence, staring at each other.

“I really said that, didn’t I.”
“Yeah.”
“Crap.”
“So that’s why my razors keep disappearing.”
“Uhh… There’s this really cool series on Discovery about monster trucks, have you seen it?”
“Trying to change the subject?”
“Could we? Please?”