Author's Chapter Notes:
i haven't quite finished chapter nine, so the next update might not be for a few days, maybe a week.

enjoy this chapter!
Their affair continue this way for two weeks, with Logan dropping by every few days for actual educational tutoring, and then half hour or more kissing sessions that he stopped before they could go anywhere she wasn’t ready for. Usually, the Wolverine inside of him would see what he wanted and take it, but with Marie it was being uncharacteristically subdued, allowing Logan to take the lead.

Marie, on her part, had been notably happier in those past two weeks than she had been for the past two years. Every time Logan knocked on her bedroom door, with his flannel shirt and easy grin and kissed her hello, her heart pounded in her chest and she couldn’t stop herself from beaming at him. At the end of every session, they would usually wind up with their hands all over each other, flushed and breathing heavily, satisfied flushes on both of their faces.

She wanted him. She knew she did, and she looked forward to every single time he showed up outside her door. She was excited for every kiss, for every touch, for every time he breathed her name against her neck, and every time he said, “See you next time, darlin’.”

But most of all, she was worried she was falling in love with him.

All of it was almost enough for her to forget he was her History teacher.

Almost.

0

The day that school started up again, Marie and Logan both found themselves nervous for their class together. Logan shuffled the students’ papers on his desk, nervously fiddling with them for the umpteenth time in the past ten or so minutes. Glancing at the clock, he let out a shaky breath when he noticed that there was less than two minutes left before she was due in his class. Composing himself, he managed to maintain a straight face as his students began to file into the room. When Marie came in, he winced when he fumbled with the papers, accidentally giving himself a paper cut that welled up with a bead of blood. He was sucking on his thumb when he made eye contact with her.

To his surprise, she didn’t make any indications that his presence affected her too much, other than a slight blush around her cheeks, and a small smile in his direction. She sat next to Danielle Scott, one of the few friends she had outside of Xavier’s. Organizing her binder, she glanced up at him briefly, made eye contact, and looked back down with a small, secretive smile.

Logan held back a grin of his own, and stood up from behind his desk, passing out papers to his students. “Okay, you all know the drill. No sharing grades with one another, keep the groaning to a minimum.” There was a small tittering of amusement at this remark, and he smiled a little. “Actually, you all did very well. The average was around 84. I guess all my relentless information hammered itself into your brain, eh?”

He handed Danielle her paper, and said, “89, good job.” She smiled up at him shyly, a coy glint shining in her eyes. He ignored it, and moved on. “Miss D’Ancanto, 93, very nice.” As he handed her the paper, their fingers brushed against one another, and he felt the usual electricity spark at their touch. She didn’t smile the way he thought she would, though. Instead, a small frown tugged at the corners of her mouth, and she nodded once in thanks.

Trying not to let his confusion show, he continued to hand out the papers, and then made his way to the front of the class. “So, who’s ready to learn about World War One?”

0

After class was dismissed seventy minutes later, Marie hung around after. Danielle turned around at the doorway, noticing that Marie wasn’t following. “You coming?”

She shook her head, waving her paper in explanation. “I gotta talk to Mr. Hathorne really fast about my paper. I’ll catch up with you later, okay?” Danielle nodded, shutting the classroom door behind her as she left.

Logan stood, making his way behind her and locking his classroom door and lowered the blinds. He took her by the hand when he made his way to the back of the room, and sat down on one of the desks and pulled her between his legs, attached his hands to her hips. Leaning forward, he pressed a kiss against the hollow of her throat. “I missed you.”

She placed her hands on his shoulders, paper scraping against his cheek, and pushed him away. He looked at her, curious as to why she was making him get away from her. She unfolded her paper and held it up so that the 93 was eye level. “What is this?” she asked softly.

“It’s an A-, baby.”

“No, I…I know that,” she said, closing her eyes, and when she opened them again, he was startled to see her eyes glistening with the beginning of tears. “What I mean is…is this payment? Or did I actually earn this?”

Sadness and hurt welled up within him as he understood what she meant. She thought that everything she had been doing for him needed retribution of some kind, and he was merely giving her a good grade in exchange for her welcoming embrace. He snagged the papers from out of her hands, and flipped through it. “Marie, this is one of the best papers I’ve graded in a long time. It’s not a grade I’m giving you for the time I’ve spent with you; it’s a grade you earned.”

Her face lit up with a smile and she took the paper back from him. “I’m sorry, Logan. I was just worried, you know?”

He let her lean down to kiss him, cupping her cheek as she wrapped her arms around his neck briefly. Her tongue tangled with his for a moment, before she drew back. “I have to go,” she said quietly. He squeezed her waist affectionately, and she brushed a kiss against his cheek.

“See you tomorrow afternoon, yeah?” he said, letting go of her. She smiled and nodded, and made her way towards the door. When she had put her hand on her knob and was about to open the door, he said, “Hey.” She paused and turned to him, waiting for him to continue. “You still my girl?”

Her full lips parted in a smile, making him want to forget everything and take her against the classroom door. “Yeah,” she said, her Southern accent drawling in the way that drove him crazy. “I’m still your girl.”

0

The next day, during her fifth period, marked the first time that they didn’t accomplish any work whatsoever. He had been tortured with thoughts of her ever since she had left his classroom the day before, and if the way Marie greeted him was any indication, she had been thinking of him, too.

His classroom door was locked, blinds down, and he had her pressed against the wall, shirt and bra shoved above her chest as he sucked on her breast. Her fingers were twisted in his hair, holding him close to her. His hands fumbled with the button and zip of her jeans, and when he finally got them undone, he groaned against her chest and shoved them down past her hips, exposing her underwear.

Lifting his head, he kissed her deeply, tongue desperately stroking hers. He thrust against her, denim encased erection digging into her stomach. He muttered an apology against her lips, and tried to compose himself.

“Logan?”

He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. She bit her lip, and her hands went to his buckle, slowly undoing it. He watched her ministrations, breath coming deeper with every second she took. She slid the button through the hole, and grasped the zipper tab between her index finger and her thumb, and lowered it. Her delicate hand took hold of him through his boxers, and he groaned, eyes falling shut.

“Oh, God, Marie,” he moaned.

She pressed her forehead against the straining tendons in his neck, and whispered, “Logan…make love to me.”

He stiffened, drawing back to look at her properly. Her hair was mussed, lips swollen and red and looking vaguely bruised, a hickey forming at the juncture between her neck and shoulder. She looked nervous, but he couldn’t find a trace of fear in her steady gaze. Still, he felt compelled to ask, “You sure about this baby?”

The only answer she could think to give him was to kiss him sweetly. He broke away after a moment, leaning his forehead against hers. “What about-”

“I’m on the pill,” she interrupted. He let out a low growl, thinking that she meant she had needed it for previous sexual experiences. She must have caught his train of thought, because she blushed, and said, “No, not…I get really bad cramps, and my monthly’s a little…off. Storm took me to a clinic when I was sixteen to fix it, and I’ve just taken it ever since.” She gave him a little shrug. “I’m all set.”

She was so adorable in that moment, that Logan couldn’t do anything except but kiss her, all the emotions he was feeling in that moment propelling him forward. He cupped her ass in both his hands, and she wrapped her legs around his hips in a position they were now familiar with. Slowly, he walked the two of them over to the large desk, and in one swift motion, swept all the stuff on the surface to the floor.

He set her down on the edge of his desk, and made quick work of pulling her jeans even further down her legs. He hooked his fingers into the sides of her panties, and slowly dragged them down. He pulled her shirt completely over her head, and reached behind her to unsnap her bra and take that off, too. Her hands slid down his chest, slowly unbuttoning the oxford he’d been forced to don for his job. She slid it off of his shoulders, kissing her away across his chest. She un-tucked the white undershirt and lifted it up and over his head, and drank in the sight of his sculpted upper body.

He noticed her perusal with a smirk. “Like what you see, baby?”

She met his amused gaze with her own, and surprised him by saying, “Oh sugar, I definitely like what I see.”

He was leaning down to kiss her when the bell ran, signaling the end of the school day. Suddenly, awareness of their surroundings hit them like a ton of bricks, and they hastened to redress themselves. “Darlin’?” Logan said as he pulled on his shirts. “What do you say we continue this somewhere else?”

She smiled at him, lifting her hair out from the neck of her t-shirt. “You mean that?” she asked, picking up her sweatshirt off the ground.

He snorted, shrugging on the blue oxford once more. “What do you think?”

She crossed to him, tugging the shirt together and buttoning it up for him, fingers trailing up and down his torso as she did. When she was done with that, she slid her hand over his still hard erection, squeezing it playfully. She tucked him carefully back into his jeans and zipped up his pants, making sure to button and buckle it when she was done.

He slid a hand behind her head, tilting her face up to kiss her. “Let’s get goin’ then.”