Part 1- Rogue's P.O.V.

Ugh.

I can't stand Monday mornings.

I swear sometimes, that just like Sunday was made to worship God, Monday was made to worship the Devil.

I roll over and look at my alarm clock.

7:00 A.M.

Stupid thing didn't go off and now I only have an hour and a half of time all to myself before classes begin.

Sighing, I finally manage to scramble out of bed and go to the bathroom that's connected to the bedroom.

I stare at myself in the mirror.

Christ alive!

I'm a total mess!!

My hair is all over the place wanting to get its fair share of attention while bags appear under my eyes.

I haven't been getting much sleep lately since lately my mind has been too preoccupied thinking of…Wait. No. I mustn't think of him. It's absurd. It isn't good, nor is it healthy. I must stop thinking of him at all costs and that's it.

I take a warm, hot shower as I begin to softly sing to myself sad love ballads. Mostly ones on heartbreak and ones of unacceptable love. You know the ones about the "can't-be-with-you-although-I-want-to" situations.

I finally finish and get into my white robe. My hair is soaking wet and I'm waiting for it to dry.

I walk over to my window and peer over the curtain. I take a moment for myself by enjoying and taking in the somewhat silence peace that the morning tends to bring.

The sun is rising over the fields and trees. The sight of the pink and orange sky gives the outside a creepy yet warm and romantic feel.

I turn around and walk over to my closet and take out what I plan to wear. This is a difficult task with my poisonous skin and all.

I finally settle for a red sweater, black nylons, a black skirt, and of a course, a pair of long black gloves.

Time for breakfast.

I go down to the kitchen where there already is pancakes waiting for me on a plate on the counter.

"Morning," Scott, Jean, and Storm chime all at once when they see me enter the room.

"Hey," I say grumpily as I sit on a stool.

"Ready for school?" Storm asks.

I just nod.

It's clear to everyone that I'm not in the mood to talk so we all somewhat remain silent.

"Mornin' everyone."

My heart skips a beat and then stops. I can always recognize his sleek, but yet gruff Canadian accent.

He moves across the room to the counter where I'm at and pours himself a glass of orange juice.

"Mornin' kid."

Logan.

Out of everyone else in the world it had to be him.

He had to be the one who let me enter his life, his world, and he promised…he PROMISED that he'd take care of me.

I could never forget that.

But then I thought about reality. He only sees me as a sister and even a best friend. But I see him differently. More than a best friend, an older brother, a means of support…

I'm in love with him.

I know that I shouldn't think that way but it's true.

I love Logan.

"Morning," I say quietly. I was trying my hardest not to blush.

"You're going to be late for school if you don't hurry up," he tells me.

"I know," I say hesitantly after I pick my backpack off the floor and hurry out only to catch a small glimpse of everyone else with the certain "I understand" look and Logan looking dumbstruck.

They know.

It was all too obvious to them. Storm talked to me once after class since I was having trouble concentrating and paying attention. I would spend most of my time just staring out of the window. She was so determined to find out why but I couldn't speak. I only broke down in tears.

"Is there something going on that I should know about?" she asked kindly.

"No," I replied.

"Then why are you crying?"

It took a moment but then I started by saying, "It's-," before I stopped.

God.

I hate how I can just choke on my words.

"Oh. I see. I get it now. It's Logan, right?"

I simply nodded as I felt more tears roll down my cheeks.

Understanding this, she just gave me a hug and said no more about. I soon left after a while.

There was another time when I was walking into the kitchen at the mansion and caught Logan flirting with Jean. He was leaning towards her trying to get a kiss and telling her things that I only wished that he could someday tell me. Too bad Scott was around since he would've definitely had a fit.

Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, he didn't pick up my sense. Jean did and managed to push herself away from Logan and say something to him that I couldn't hear. With a tear rolling down my cheek, I had enough time to get out unnoticed.

I was so heartbroken and shocked. I had heard rumors that Logan liked Jean but I never thought they were true. I refused to believe it until I saw it for myself. That day I did. It was true. Logan did have a thing for her. Sure she's pretty and smart but she loves Scott and he loves her. But then again, she might be love in with Logan too. It all dawned on me that my chances of being "his girl" were completely impossible.

I cried to myself all night while listening to some soothing sad music. It was also raining outside. The pit and the patter made a somewhat comforting sound as it hit against my bedroom window.

Suddenly, I remember that there was a knock at my door.

"Mind if I come in," I heard Jean say.

I didn't say anything but she managed to open the door and let herself in. She moved forward and sat on the edge of my bed beside me.

"I talked to Storm a while ago."

*Oh Great,* I thought to myself. Why wasn't I surprised?

"You love Logan don't you?"

Oh gosh.

Once again my very own little secret had been spilled once more. I just had to stare out into the distance through my window unable and unwilling to answer.

"I know that you might not want to talk to me right now but at least listen to me, okay?"

I nodded.

"First of all, I want you to know that I am not in love with Logan. I understand that yes there is a certain *je-ne-ces't-pa* about him but that doesn't mean anything to me. Second of all, I love Scott. Only Scott. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our relationship. Lastly, I don't like it either one bit that Logan is flirting with me just as much as you do. He should really stop it and realize that he and you are the ones that should be together and that you care about him more than anything. It's unbelievable that he just seems too dumb to notice. But if I know one thing, I know that he cares about you. In fact he cares about you a lot."

That got my attention.

"Yup. And he's always talking about you and is asking about you to the Professor. He wants you to have the best and be happy. I'm not one for spoiling secrets but did you know that he has even talked with the Professor and Beast about your mutation? They have agreed to helping you find a cure or at least something that will actually let you control your power?"

What?

"He did?" I asked in shock.

"Uh-huh."

"And he never even told me?"

"Well, like I said, it was a surprise. He knows that you hate what your skin can do and that you want to be able to have a better grasp of it. He's trying to help you. He doesn't want you to suffer any pain."

There was a long pause of silence.

"He cares about you so much, Rogue. You're basically all the good he has. You should tell him how you feel and I bet you that he'll tell you what he feels about you too.

"How do you know?"

"I can feel it. Plus, don't forget, I'm psychic."

With that, Jean left me there drying tears quickly away and pondering if what she said was true.

Was she right?

Is it true?

Could Logan actually feel the same about me?

All I can remember after that is not being able to sleep that night. I just tossed and turned over and over again thinking of him.

That was a while ago.

This is now.

School was hectic today.

Storm noticed how I wasn't paying much attention in class but had the guts to leave me alone.

Bobby…well, that's a different story.

He just couldn't stop nagging me.

"What's wrong with you Marie? Come on and talk to me. I'll listen. Just tell me what's wrong," he told me while we were waiting for the food in the lunch line.

I simply ignored him, turned around, and went to go sit with Kitty and Jubes.

I know that what I did just then was harsh to Bobby and all but I couldn't help it.

What Bobby and I have is an attraction for each other. As far as I am concerned, there is no real passionate love. We know that we are both something that we just can't get. I need…I mean, I want something more than that.

I need….

I need Logan.

He likes me just as I am and not because of the attraction on what's on the outside but what's on the inside as well.

I should probably tell him how I feel but how?

Kitty and Jubes fortunately, were aware of my situation and knew when to back off. They left me alone during lunch and continued chatting with each other about the latest "Fashion Do's and Don'ts" as made famous by Joan Rivers.

I went to Logan's room after school to hang out like I sometimes do but found no one was there.

I went to find the others. They were all talking with the Professor.

They told me he to leave in the morning to go back and check some stuff about his past up North.

Why didn't he tell me?

I usually am the first to know about all these things.

I could only go up to my room, without a care of what the others thought.

So here I am.

I slam the door hoping they get the hint.

I'm just going to flop on my bed and…wait, a moment. There is a piece of paper and a little box beside it.

Curiously, I pick up the letter to find my name on it, "Marie."

There is only one person that can ever call me by that and who has that writing.

Logan.

Something tells me to put it down and open the package fist.

I do so and carefully unwrap it to find a small square box. I open it and can't believe what I see.

It's half of a heart that says *Logan* at the top and *for-* at the bottom.

Then it hits me.

*Logan and Marie forever.*

Logan must have the other part. I sit back down on my bed and put it around my neck. I feel myself beginning to cry. I take a minute or two before I am able to control myself enough to pick up the envelope, open it, and read the letter.

*Dear Marie,

I know that it was all sudden my leave and everything, but darlin', I just had to go. I kinda found out last minute.

You've seemed to be kinda depressed lately and you hardly speak or eat. I can tell that you've been worried about something and that is plain out worrying me. I swear darlin' that I wish I could be with you and there for you during your moments of pain and need.

A new lead on my past has been found so I have gone to explore. I don't know how long it'll take for me to come back but I promise you that until that day comes, you'll always be on my mind, my head, and most importantly, in my heart.

Your birthday is next week and chances are that I am going to miss it.

I have a surprise for you. Wheels, Beast, and I have been coming up with a cure or something of the sort that can help you to be able to control your skin. I know that this is what will make you happy and that's what I want too. For you to be happy. For us to be happy.

You probably got your other gift by now. I thought that the dog chain thing was kind of weird so I got you a friendship necklace that we can both share that will have a greater importance for the both of us.

Just like I am, I want you to wear it around you at all times and keep it close to your heart. That way you'll know that I'll always be there for you.

I promised I'd take care of you, remember?

And until that day comes where we will meet again, I'll always dream of the day when I can wrap my arms around you and hold you to death.

Take care darling.

Lots of love,

Logan

P.S.

You're no "kid" anymore.*

I put down the letter and the tears begin to sting. Through it all I can still fell myself smiling.

There's a good chance that I'll actually get some sleep tonight.

Now I can relax and know that no matter what happens, I'll always have Logan.



Part 2- Logan's P.O.V.

My heart is aching for her.

*Marie, where are you now, darlin'? What are you doing? Are they treating you right? Are you thinking of me?*

Oh, how I wish that she could be with me now.

I had gone down to Alkali Lake to find the imprint of my claws on a wall.

I had been there. I just don't remember when, how, or why. All I know is that I was.

She must be thinking about me now. I have part of her with me and all. I hold tight the piece of heart that says, "Marie" and know that despite how wrong it may seem to be, it felt so right.

She's young. I'm not stupid. Dumb, One-Eyed Cyke despises the whole situation but I'm glad that Storm and Chuck are fine with it.

Believe me, how often is it that an old man (hey I am old) and a young girl fall in love.

Real love.

Well, not enough bub and that's what makes it is so difficult.

Then there is her whole skin thing. I think about it a lot and see what she has to go through and you wouldn't believe how sad that makes me feel. I just want to hold her.

In fact, I'm the only one that really actually does just that.

Holds her.

You would not believe how happy I was when she broke up with that Bobby kid.

Of course, I never told her that but I saw that when she came to me for comfort she was neither too sad nor too happy. She just cried and listened to my theories on how there are more fish in the sea until she fell asleep in my arms, in my bed, in my room. I wish that we could have stayed that way much longer than what we had. Possibly forever. She woke up the next morning and realized that I was watching her sleep. She began to excuse herself and then I told her that it was all okay and that I liked it. I just loved the smile that she gave to me. It matched with the twinkle of her big bright eyes as she positioned herself back down in my arms. We then made another promise to one another that come what may, we would always be there for each other in times of needs.

Oh, did I need her now. The search for my past has been killing me and I need her to guide me and help me.

I wonder if she had her talk with Charles yet about her skin. Can she touch by now or was there a problem? Maybe she decided to wait until I come back.

That's it.

I've seen what I have to see. I know all I can ever know. I just need to go.

I am leaving this place that is a bunch of nothing right now and going back home.

I'm going back to the woman I love.

Marie.



Part 3- Rogue's P.O.V.

Once again I am looking out my window watching the rain hit against the window of my room. I look out into the distance of the night and enjoy the slight cool breeze of wind that comes through my partly open window.

That's when I hear the sound of a motorcycle coming closer and closer.

It's him.

It's Logan.

I jump off the bench near the window, open my door, and bolt right down the stairs just in time to see the front door swing open.

"Logan!" I say quietly trying not to wake anyone up.

"Marie!" he says as he scoops me up into his arms to give me a hug.

We hold each other for a while until he asks, "How are you doing darlin'?"

God, I love it when he calls me "darlin'".

"Good," I reply still holding onto him with my face buried in his chest.

"Are they taking good care of you?"

"Uh-huh. I missed you."

"I missed you too, darlin'."

And with that he kisses me on the top of my head. Wait…yup. Here I go. Return of the blushing. I guessed he noticed since he just flashed me the cutest smile.

"Where is everyone?" he asks letting me go to look at me.

"Well they are asleep. After all, it is past midnight."

"That explains the p.j.'s right?"

I nod and we laugh a little until his expression changes and he looks worried.

"What are you doing awake then?"

Oh, crap.

What was I going to tell him?

"Uh…I couldn't sleep."

Smooth.

"Why, darlin'?" he asks as he plays with my white, striped bangs and twirls them around in his fingers.

"Well, ah-"

Here I go again. Everytime I'm nervous I always stammer with my southern accent.

"I was thinking."

"About what?" he whispers to me staring into my eyes. I could have died and gone to heaven.

What was I suppose to say?

You. Me. Us. Together?

"Things."

"What sorta things?"

"Life. Mah future." I say looking away.

"Fair enough. Are you tired?" he asks.

"A little," I said shyly.

"Come on lets go upstairs," he says as he flings his backpack over his shoulders and wraps an arm around me.

We remain silent until we reach the top of the second floor.

"So where do you wanna go?"

"Huh?" I ask.

"If you want to talk to me without One-eyed, Stormy, Red, or Chuck getting in the way, we could spend a little time to talk to each other right now in my room. That's if you'll like?"

"Okay, sugah. Whatever you say," I say dreamingly.

And with that, Logan opens the door to his room and leads me in.



Part 4- Logan's P.O.V.

Did I just say or do the right thing?

Should I have really invited her to my room?

I don't mean to sound forceful or anything. She really didn't seem to mind either when I asked her.

God, I'm so nervous.

Here I am with the girl I'm in love with, about to confess my feelings, and me the-oh-so-fierce Wolverine is so nervous and shaking like some little kid who is nervous to pull a rabbit out of a hat at some dumb school's dumb talent show.

God, am I doing the right thing?

She's too young but I can't live without telling her how I feel. It's driving me insane.

I'll do it.

I don't care if I have to stay up all night explaining to her how much I love her but I will.

Enough is enough.

There's no going back now.



Part 5- Rogue's P.O.V.

He leads me into his room and closes the door behind him. I haven't been here for a while so I take some time to look around to remember the place. It feels so comfortable to be there. It's a place where I feel like I belong.

He stays standing there and remains silent just staring at me until he says, "Sit down darlin'."

I don't know why but I swear that I sense some nervousness in his voice and a sudden chill is running through my body. I know something is up.

I sit down on the bed and sit cross-legged.

Logan smiles and then sits down next to me and takes my gloved hand in his. He's now wearing gloves too.

He strokes my hair and asks me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why? Aren't you?"

I was thinking that he was the one that wasn't okay due to the fact of the hurt in his voice.

"Yeah. I guess."

I see him looking at my neck and he growls. There around it is the half heart that has his name on it.

"You're wearing it."

"Yeah," I say holding it, "It means a lot to me."

"I'm glad darlin'. I'm wearing mine too," he says as he shows it to me since it was hidden in his shirt.

We catch each other staring into each other's eyes and then he looks down and says, "I really need to talk to ya, darlin'."

He's looking at me again. He's calling me "darlin'" a little too much now and it's making me worried.

"About what?"

"Us."

Oh god.

I had to look away.

Please God no.

He's going to reject me. He's going to go away. He's going to confide in me and our friendship to spill and tell me everything about his feelings regarding Jean.

Please not now.

"Marie," he says holding my hands and staring into my eyes, "I don't know how to say all this…um, I've never been a good speaker and you know that. I'm not good for these type of things. Um, but-"

"Logan, it's okay," I say.

"I know it's just that -um…"

"What?"

"I-," he runs a hand through his hair, "God, Marie!" he says getting up and going to the window.

I go up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You can tell me," I say softly.

He turns around and looks into my eyes. They're filled with tears. Now I know for sure that this isn't the Wolverine talking but Logan and he means what he's going to say with his whole heart and soul.

"If I tell you…please don't get scared."

"I won't get scared. I promise," I say hugging him, "All I can do is feel safe when I'm around you."

After a moment, he takes my arms away from around his neck and holds my hands in his. He stares at them for a while, noticing the gloves, until he asks, "You haven't talked to Charles yet?"

"No. I was waiting for you. Thought you might want to come with me."

He smiles and takes me into another embrace. He lets me go, yet again, and goes back to my hands. "Alright, I'll tell you." He leads me to the bed again.

We sit down facing each other and stay silent. He's staring so deep into my eyes and…

"Marie..."

"Yes, Logan?"

"I'm in love with you."

Oh god. He…WHAT?! He doesn't hate me or despise me?! He doesn't think of me as annoying?! He doesn't like Jean?!

Oh god.

He loves me.

"I love you, darlin'," he repeats.

I stare down in disbelief. I'm in a state of shock. I have been waiting for the longest time dreaming of this moment and how to react to it. Now the time has finally come and I can't say or do anything.

"You don't have to do or say anything if you don't want. I just wanted to let you know," he says gazing at me. I could tell he was in tears still. Even when I wasn't looking, I could feel him inside my head.

"I know that you're only 19 and all but I really truly am in love with you," he continues, "Always have and always will. Darlin' I know that this is very hard for you and that it will probably take you some time for you to believe me because of all that Jean stuff but I don't love her anyway whatsoever. I love you."

Then he kisses the top of my head and started playing with my hair.

"Look at me, Marie. Look at me in the eyes. Tell me you feel the same. Please?"

He lifts my chin so that our eyes meet.

We are both in tears now. I could see so much pain in his. He truly means what he's saying and he doesn't want me to feel bad.

"Oh gosh, Marie. Maybe I shouldn't have told you," he says as I look back down, "Maybe I should have waited until you were older." He now has let go of my hands.

"NO!" I say grabbing them back causing him to look surprised. "Please. Don't say that," I say chocking on my tears, "I really need to tell you something too."

"What Marie?"

"I-I love you too."

He just stares in shock.

"I have ever since the day we met at the bar, when you talked to me and helped me get a place to stay, when you saved mah life…twice. I heard you cry for me."

He's still looking at me.

"When you gave me your tags and promised that you would come back, when you came back all the good times we had," I say caressing his cheek. He takes my gloved hand and kisses it. "I love you, Logan."

"Oh, Marie." he says taking me into his arms.

"What are we going to do?" I ask.

"I don't know darling," he says kissing the top of my head, "I really don't know."

"I don't want to hide it," I whisper with my head on his chest.

"Don't worry. We don't need to."

"I love you, Logan."

"I love you too, darlin'."

I don't know how long it's been now but I'm tired. At least I know when I wake up, I'll be with my prince charming.



Part 6- Logan's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning to find myself in the same clothes as the night before. I was blinking a few times before memories started flooding into me of the night before.

I look down to see Marie stir a little. She fell asleep in my room.

Oh god.

We have fallen asleep and we are in my bed.

What if someone walks in and finds us?

It's not like we haven't done this before. In fact, we've slept together many times when we needed to be comforted in the past. She's scared of her future and I'm terrified about my past.

Some combination, huh, bub?

I finally see her blink and look up at me.

"Good mornin', darlin'," I whisper.

"Hmm…what time is it?"

"6:30 A.M. We don't have breakfast for another half an hour. Did I wake you up?"

"No."

"Good. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah. How about you sugah?"

"The best I've had in months."

We stay silent for a while and I play with her hair.

"I love you," I finally say.

I wish I could kiss her but I can't because of her whole skin thing. If I even tried to give her a peck she'd get too scared of hurting me or something.

"Marie?" I ask.

"Yeah, Logan?"

"Do you find it odd that we have a little bit of an age difference?"

"No."

"Good, but some people might."

"Well that's them. I don't want anyone to get in our way."

"Do you think that we should probably wait a while and hide it…"

"Logan, before you go any further, you promised me that we wouldn't hide it."

"I know but-,"

"No, Logan. We just became a couple and I'm not ready to have our first fight this soon."

"I know but I'm just saying, don't you think that we should probably hide it until people can probably soak it in?"

"You don't want to be seen with me?"

"I do want to be seen with you. It's not like I don't want to or anything but do you think that we can just tell a few people first."

"You mean Jean and the Professor?"

"Why do you keep mentioning Jean?"

"I don't always mention her."

"But-,"

"Do you love her?"

"WHAT?! NO! I love you and I will always love you more than anyone else. I don't love Jean at all. No matter what you're saying and I never will-"

"We're fighting."

"Oh, darlin'. I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry too," she tells me as I kiss her on the forehead.

"I never was a real boyfriend before and I don't know how to react sometimes to this kind of stuff. I didn't mean to take it out on you. Luckily it was just a little fight and it's over now, but I promise you that I'll try my best okay?"

"Okay."

"Look, why don't we just go downstairs for breakfast. Okay?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"But aren't you scared of what the others will think when they see us together?"

"Not really. As long as I have you I'll be okay."

"Love ya, sugah."

"Love you too, darlin'"

And with that we pull ourselves out of bed and walk out the door together holding hands.

It doesn't matter what the others might think. We love each other and there is nothing the others can say or do about it alright, bub?



Part 7- Marie's P.O.V.

We walk into the kitchen to find everyone laughing and talking. We are both holding hands and standing pretty close together.

Everyone stares to look at us with the most shocked expression on their faces. It becomes so quiet that anyone could hear a cricket chirp from the distance.

"Logan, you came back," Jean says startled.

"Hello, everyone," he replies.

Still silent that you could hear a pin drop too.

Logan soon moves his hand to around my waist and whispers in my ears, "So, what do you want for breakfast?"

"A muffin," I say.

"You got it. Sit down darlin'," he says kissing the top of my head.

That was it.

Everyone knows.

No explanations necessary.

I make my way to a stool blushing and sit down. I even couldn't believe that Logan was making me breakfast. I could only stare around the room to see the look on everyone's face of astonishment.

Jean looks happy. Thank god she doesn't look jealous like I thought she would. Ororo also seems very pleased and Kitty and Jubilee have looks of admiration. Scott looks pretty angry like he was going pound someone and Bobby…well Bobby looks shocked like he was being stabbed or something.

Logan hands me a plate with a chocolate chip muffin and some spread to put on it and says, "Here you go darlin'."

Bobby, still pissed off is getting up and mumbling something about how it's Saturday and he's going to play soccer with Kurt and John.

Everyone seems to be going back to their little talks after while Logan strokes my hair and says, "After, you want to talk to the Professor?"

"Okay," I say finishing my muffin, "And after that, I think that I might need to talk to Bobby since…well you know how he reacted."

"Yeah, darlin'," he kisses me on the head again and puts my plate in the sink, "C'mon lets go."

With that he takes my hand and leads me off the stool and into the hallway.

I don't need to turn around to imagine the look on everyone's faces as they stare at us.

Sooner or later they are going to have to get used to it since this is the way it was supposed to be to begin with.



Part 8- Logan's P.O.V.

"Charles?!" I yell as we walk into the lab. We have been looking all around and can't find him anywhere else so we figure that this would be our last chance and behold there's "O Wise Elder" Chuck with the Bluish-Purple Smurf.

"Welcome. Hello Logan. Hello Rogue." he says wheeling himself towards us.

"Hi, Professor" Marie replies.

"I guess you are here to see about that cure Logan was telling you about."

"Yeah, what is it exactly?"

"Well something I'll like to call the X-Remedy. We haven't actually made a name for it yet but it's guaranteed to at times help one control their mutant powers and abilities," Hank answers with a smile.

"I never knew that one existed."

"It's fairly new and top secret," Wheels claims.

"How did you find it?" Marie asks.

"Meet Einstein," Henry says pointing to a little cage containing a hamster.

"Einstein? A hamster? You've got to be kidding me," Marie says very confused.

"Darlin'," I reply, since I know she loves it when I call her that, as I put a hand over her shoulder. "That's exactly what I thought as well but apparently this little guy can work wonders."

"Einstein here," Beast continues, "Had been placed earlier with some mutant DNA through injection that is much similar to yours. Watch what happens when we place this very much alive flower by him."
Hank did so and we all watched as Einstein touches it and right before our eyes it died.

Marie looks away scared towards me. I don't blame her. Einstein is just like her. It's like watching a tape of her sucking the life off of another human being.

"Now I'm going to place this injection in him that I came up with using some of the herbal remedies that I found in Ororo's garden that she so gladly and kindly let me use for these sort of things."

We watch as Hank carefully takes a needle and gracefully picks up the lil bub and injects it.

He puts it back down and continues on, "Now we will take another live rose and place it nearby."

Immediately, the lil guy is running straight to it and touching it without killing it at all.

"Amazing!" Marie says in shock.

"We know," Chuck chuckles.

"So where do I come in?"

"Well darlin' it was kind of a late birthday gift," I answer.

Soon Charles replies saying, "We chose you out of many. You see, Rogue, compared to others who can control their powers with certain ways, in cases like yours and certain other people, it is much more difficult to do so. I'm not completely saying that you can't. I'm just saying that you need extra help."

"And with the right support team, we can guarantee you'll be okay," finishes Hank.

"So are you going to try the test on me?"

"That's what we hope," states Wheels, "The good thing about this is that there doesn't appear to be any side effects or consequences as a result of taking it since it is all natural. But first there are some things that you should know about."

"Like what?"

"Well you will have to take certain lessons and sessions on how to use your mind in order to help with the controlling aspect of it. Ororo will help you as well as I. She will train you in meditation and I will train you to know more about this so that we can help others. You also must remember that doesn't mean it'll remove your power from you. It simply just lets you control it better. Your power will always be there. The injection wares off normally after about a month at first so you might have to come in on a monthly basis. Hank and Jean will be there to guide and assist you. As for your boyfriend…" Hank chuckles, Charles smiles, Marie blushes, and I just roll my eyes. "He," Charles continues, "I expect should be helpful and much encouraging. Am I right, Logan?"

"You can count on me Chuck," I say looking down at Marie smiling up at me.

"Good. So Rogue, are you up to the challenge?"

"Really?"

The professor nods and then she looks from him to Hank, to me, then back to him, and says, "Sure. Now?"

"Absolutely," said Hank, "Sit down."

She does so and Hank asks me, "Logan are you willing to stay I mean I know how you are with needles and everything. Sure you won't pass out or anything?" he says jokingly.

"I'll take my chances," I say holding her gloved hand, "But I really do think that I won't pass out. At least not with her here anyways."

"Charles? You called?" asks Jean walking in. Apparently he must have sent a mind message for her to come for help.

"Yes. Rogue has decided to take her chances and is going to need the injection."

"Great., Hold still," she says as she rubs Marie's arm with a cotton swab. Then with gloved hands on to be careful, she takes the injection Hank had laid out for her and places it into Marie's arm. She holds my hand very tight for that short moment then quickly lets it go. We never looked away from each others eyes.

"All done. Let me put a band aid on it for ya," Jean says with a smile,

"You will need to come back for a quick check up tomorrow to make sure everything goes well, okay?"

"Okay."

"Now Rogue I want you to remove your gloves," says Charles.

"What for?"

"To touch this for me darlin'," I says taking one of the roses from the counter, "This is for you."

She just smiles and says, "Thank you."

Everyone stares as she takes one ungloved hand and takes it from me.

Carefully, she slowly raises her hand out and touches it. She's afraid but closes her eyes to battle her inner fears. She didn't let go of it either. All we can do is stare in awe. She then slowly opens her eyes to see that the life in her hands is still alive.

"Oh mah gosh," she says in her southern accent, "It's alive! I didn't kill it!"

Then everyone cheers and congratulates her.

"Thank you, Professor, Hank, Jean," she says as she shakes all of their hands with her own, "You have no idea what this means to me."

"No Rogue. You have no idea what this means to us," replies the professor.

She's in tears. She finally turns to me and says, "Thank ya, sugah."

I nod and extend my arms out to her indicating that a hug was needed and we fell into an embrace. I had ungloved my hands a while earlier and now was holding her two ungloved ones. Her skin is so soft. We take a moment to look into each others eyes and are about to kiss when we remember where we are.

I clear my throat and they all understand what they had to do.

"I-uh, need to do the dishes. My turn," Hank say walking away in a rush.

"Promised to help Ororo in the garden," Jean says following Smurfy.

The only person left is the Professor who sits in his wheelchair with the most amused expression on his face that I have ever seen.

"And what's your excuse, Chuck?" I ask.

"Paperwork. But don't worry. I'm leaving," he wheels himself to the door but stops to say, "Enjoy yourselves," before heading out.

After making sure that they were gone by using my senses, we turn back to face each other.

"Thank you, Logan," Marie says again looking into my eyes.

"Don't mention it."

'You know that this is going to be mah first real kiss. At least the first one without there being anything that goes on wrong right?" I nod and then slowly we come closer together and we're kissing. It's short and soft and I made sure it's very gentle.

We pull away and I swear I see sparkles in her eyes.

After gasping for a little air, we kiss again but this time more passionately. I guess we didn't know what we were doing since I just accidentally bumped into Einstien's cage.

We pull away from each other to look at poor Einstein staring up at us and we laugh.

Marie looks at her watch and says, "Look at the time. I have to find Bobby and talk to him before I loose him and I don't know where he is. I hate to leave during a moment like this but you understand, right? "

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Bye," she says giving me a small peck before turning to the door.

"See ya later, sugah," she adds before leaving.

There I was alone.

'Life is good," I say as I gave Einstein a piece of celery before leaving.

I'm halfway down the hallway and I swear I heard my name being called by a familiar voice that didn't very pleased.

"LOOGGAAANNNN!!!!"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't One-Eye," I say before turning around to face him. "What do you want now?"

"Stay away from Marie."

"First stay away from 'your girl' and now this? Whoa. No can do buddy. She's mine."

"She's too young and you're-you're…,"

"I'm what?" I ask sarcastically.

"You-You're old! 50, 60, 70…Only God knows how old you are!!!"

"Shouldn't you be complaining about yourself then?"

"What?"

"Well Jean is about 4 to 'God knows' how many more years older than you, right?"

"But it's different."

"There's an age difference there still, isn't there? There's no difference."

Ha-ha. Caught him.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm in sort of a need for a gold ole' beer," I reply before walking down the hallway again.

"Logan, wait."

Oh great. Oh-so-fierce-leader One-Eye apparently now is a follower.

"Now what?" I say stopping but not looking back.

"Promise you won't hurt her. If you do I swear that you won't even
know what that's going to make me do."

I looked over my shoulder and say, "Promise. But I assure you that watching her is the last thing you should be concerned about doing right now. Taking care of her? That's my job."

And with that I walk out and take an elevator to the main grounds. Now, I have a very important date with my good friend Molsen. I'm sure that Marie won't mind.



Part 9- Marie's P.O.V.

Ah-ha!

I finally found Bobby sitting on a bench near the baseball diamond outside.

"Hey, Bobby!" I say approaching him from behind startling him.

"Rogue, I-,"

"I thought you were playing soccer with Kurt and Evan."

"They were busy."

"Oh. Right," I say sitting next to him. I don't like how the conversation is going so far.

We sit in silence for a while and then I ask him, "Are you okay?"

He just glances at me and looks forward into the distance.

"It's the whole Logan and me thing right?" I ask looking at him, "I thought that when we broke up you said that we'd respect our futures like who we were going to be with and stuff. I mean you and Kitty are okay, right?"

"We did and we are okay but-,"

"But what?"

"I miss you at times," he answers.

Oh gosh.

I definitely hadn't seen that one coming.

"Bobby-."

"When I see you with him… I get jealous. It's like despite all we've gone through, there is still part of me that wishes that the guy with you could have been me. I can't control it. I know that you love him and everything and that he might love you but I love you too."

A while back, I swore that I had no one to love me but in about the last 24 hours I find out that 2 men are in love with me.

Wow, I have a strange life indeed.

I have to think fast.

"Bobby, I love you too and care for you very much but not in that kind of way."

"I know. Just promise me you'll be careful."

"I will. And just promise me that you'll give Logan a chance? He's a really great guy."

"As long as you love him right?"

"Right."

"And promise you won't tell Kitty about our conversation?" he asks panicking.

"Promise. I mean it's not like anything happened right?" I ask as we both smiled at each other.

"Promise this is the last promise?"

"Promise. Oh, I almost forgot. I got a surprise for you," I say as I unglove my hand and take his hand in mine.

"How?!"

"Medication. The needle hurt like hell. Charles, Logan, Hank, and Jean were all in on it. It's a test to see how it reacts with my body. I have to go to meet Logan for lunch now. Wanna come?"

"Really?" he says standing up.

"Yeah. And get Kitty. I'm sure she's with Jubes. Just don't forget to be nice."

I take his hand and we walk back together to the mansion as friends.



Part 10- Logan's P.O.V.

Well, it's been two years since we found the cure for Marie and we became a couple. There's not one day that passes by where I don't take her for granted. I love her and she loves me. We need each other. That's the way it is supposed to be.

We decided to have an extremely steady relationship so that meant no…well you know. It's based on a total respect for each other. I don't mind the wait and I'm sure that the fact that we are going to be with each other until our dying day helps as well.

Speaking of Marie, she's finally got complete control of her powers. She still meditates and uses concentration skills but now without Ororo or the Professor's help. She only needs the injection once every six months since her body is already taking care of the problem itself.

Scott and I still have our issues but he and I know that what has been done has been done and that mine and Marie's love for each other is something that will never die and nobody can do anything about it. I finally made friends with that Bobby kid. He's gotten over Marie now and Kitty and him are hooked up. As for everyone else, they all accept it and have gotten used to it. For some it's easier than others.

Marie is now 20 and more beautiful than ever. Today was her graduation and I was there for her. I was so happy. She got some of the top honors and made a great speech about the students futures that got her a standing ovation.

She doesn't want to go to college so she'll earn her degree through private lessons with Charles for Literature and Teaching. He'll give her the paperwork she'd need to get a job here in the school.

The so-called "mutant problem" has worsened and there are now more students than before that need to have an education at the mansion. That's one of the reasons she decided to stay. And of course, I'll be with her in every step. I'm going to take care of her and that's that. No questions asked.

Once the graduation ceremony was over, I greeted her with a hug and a kiss and off we went to change for the party that was about to start. I wore my tux while she wore a simple nice black dress with her hair up. She was breathtaking.

Oh that's another thing- we now shared the same room. We both moved into a bigger room about a year ago that is usually for teachers but since she was going to be one, it made sense anyways. But like I said before, there was no funny stuff. Just cuddling.

Anyways, back to the party. Even if I was a chaperone, I did manage to pull her aside and dance with her despite what others thought. We danced slow tunes mostly the old Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston crap (well at least it was to me. Marie tends to think otherwise).

After we grew tired, we decided to go upstairs to sleep even if the party wasn't over and most of her friends would still be there. We couldn't go to sleep yet until I gave her the last surprise of the evening.

"Marie?" I ask now as I come out of the bathroom. She's already in bed with her pajamas on. I just have on my tux blouse and pants on.

"What sugah?" she says moving over to face me.

"Remember your wish that you made of how you wanted to make a road trip across Canada to Alaska?" I say lying next to her after I finish changing into my night clothes.

"What about it?" she asks rubbing her eyes.

"Well, now that school is over, I was wondering if-uh…" I kissed her forehead, "…if maybe you want to go with me?"

Now I had her full attention since she bolts right up at and looks down to see my grinning.

"Are you joking?"

"No," I say sitting up to face her.

"But how?"

"Well, Charles and I made a few plans and we can road trip to British Colombia where we are to stay at one of his getaways then take a cruise to Alaska from there. So what do you think?"

"I don't know what to say," she replies lying back down.

"You don't need to say anything."

"Thank you so much!" she says kissing me and hugging me to death.
"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yup. So that you have enough time to sleep and pack with ease."

"I love you so much!"

"I love you too, darlin'."

"I'll thank you forever for this."

"I'm just doing my job."

I close my eyes waiting for sleep to take me as I think about the next day and the nice vacation that awaits us.



Part 11- Marie's P.O.V.

I can't believe that Logan was finally going to make all my dreams come true. Words can't nearly describe what I felt when he told me we were going to Canada and Alaska.

I've been so jumpy all afternoon since I'm so excited. I just hope that I won't be getting on his nerves.

We ate breakfast this morning and after got dressed after showering and packing. We decided on taking one of the black vans that Charles had offered us.

We then had lunch and brought our luggage downstairs. The men (Logan, Bobby, Scott, and Kurt) loaded it all in the van as I hugged everyone else goodbye.

We decided to stay there for about a month before coming back.

Of course, I'm going to miss everyone but I know that they'll be waiting for us when we come back.

"Well, darlin'. Ready to go?" asks Logan as he puts his arm around my waist.

"Yeah," I say looking at him. He must've seen the tears in my eyes since he just gave me one of the sweetest comforting kisses that he has ever given me.

God I love him.

We turn around to go down the front steps of the mansion to the van. When we get there we wave and go in. We roll down the windows and pull out as we said more good-byes.

While he's driving me, Logan comforts me by saying stuff about how not to worry since they'll be there when we come back. He also talks to me about our plans on what to do when we get there and what we want to see.

Hey. We even are singing some karaoke to the radio as we travel down the all too familiar highway we had gone down together a long time ago.

"So tell me, darlin'," he says pretending to be serious, "What kind of a name is Rogue?"

"Oh, I don't know," I reply shyly, "What I want to know is what kind of a name is Wolverine?"

"Alright, then. My name is Logan."

"Marie."

And with that we laugh as we head to our dream vacation getaway of a lifetime.



Part 12- Logan's P.O.V.

We settled in nicely into the cabin in British Colombia. The weather is good and despite it being summer, we are almost bordering the Yukon Territory so we still get a little bit of snow.

On our first day, we set ourselves up. The cabin's cozy and has a bedroom, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a nice spacious living room with a TV and a DVD player. We got some food including beer and stored it in the fridge and cabinets.

This morning, I have decided that I'm going to take a look around the area. I mean, if we are to stay there for about a month or so we shouldn't be inside the whole time, right?

I ask Marie and she says that to go on ahead without her while she finishes getting ready. I tell her that I'll take the van but wouldn't be so far away. Just for safety purposes, I give her the extra cell phone to call me. I kiss her goodbye and leave.

The cabin is in the woods so it's far away from town.

I'm driving slowly on the trail when my senses are starting to act up. Nowadays, my senses have been overreacting over the dumbest things. But this is different. I sniff the air and stop the van. I don't know why but it all seems so familiar. Old but familiar. Then it dawns on me. I have been here before.

I get out of the car and walk a little on the path leaving a trail of my footsteps behind. My senses are getting stronger and stronger. I follow them to another cottage nearby. It looks deserted like it hasn't been inhabited for years.

Oh gosh. My senses have been leading me here all along.

I go in and cough. There is so much dust and cobwebs all over. I enter and notice all the 19th century furniture. I walk ahead some more and find clothes scattered on the floor and broken glass.

Then something catches my eyes. I go up to it and stare in disbelief. I raise a fist and lean towards a section of the wall near a bed.

I can't believe it.

Claw marks.

My claw marks.

"No…It can't be…It just can't be."

I turn around and find an old fashioned desk with boxes and papers scattered all around it.

Writing.

My writing.

It's my writing.

Oh no.

Pictures.

Pictures of me and-

No.

It can't be.

It looks just like…

Oh no.

Please no!

I stare in horror. It's the only thing that I can do.

My past.

It's here to haunt me once again.

I crouch down on the floor and cries and screams for mercy escape my throat.

"NO! NO!"

With tears I'll suffer and stay here unable to move or do anything for God only knows how long.



Part 13- Rogue's P.O.V.

I just got out of the bathroom, all dressed, thinking that I would find Logan here but apparently he isn't.

He should be nearby.

I get my jacket and decide to go out for a walk.

The breeze is cool and crisp.

What a beautiful morning.

I spot Logan's van tracks and follow them until I spot the truck but there's no sign of him. That's weird.

I then notice footprints but they're still on the path.

That seems strange but still at least I know that he was there.

I take out my copy of the keys from my coat pocket and get in the van. I decide to drive following the steps so that he wouldn't have to walk all the way back for the vehicle.

Logan's the one who taught me to drive and he's the best teacher in the world. Thanks to him, I got my license from the Professor.

It's too bad we all have to do these certain kind of things through Charles but lately the whole "mutants in society issue" wasn't going so well and that meant our lives could be at stake. Thank god that Charles has very good connections including the private cruise ship he has. It's not huge but it'll do for me and Logan.

I don't know why but I have a feeling deep in me that seems to be telling me that Logan isn't okay.

I drive a little way up until I see the footprints lead up to a small abandoned cabin.

I wonder what might've happened so that he would go in there.

I park up in front of it, get my keys out, and close the door.

I find the door open, walk in, and call his name.

"Logan?" I ask closing the door behind me.

I walk forward before calling his name again. "Logan?"

"Marie…"

Oh god.

I'll never forget this sight ever in my lifetime ahead of me.

Logan's on the bed and he looks destroyed. He has been crying. He's in pain. Papers lie scattered all over the floor around him.

I bend down over to him and stroke his hair as he allows his tears to flow. He takes his hands and cups them in mine without saying more.

"Logan, what happened, sugah?"

"I-," he trails off. His tears won't let him speak. I know how that feels. I kiss his cheek before hugging him. I take a paper and look at it.

It's his writing.

Oh gosh.

The paper is really old and torn.

I see a stack that's held together in the form of a book. I read what it says out loud. "Property of James Howlett (Logan)."

Oh no.

This was his from a long time ago.

I then see a photo sticking out. I take it.

There's Logan.

He's standing in front of the very same house smiling. It's faded but he's wearing overalls and a white shirt and his hair's a little messy.

"Oh sugah. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," I say taking him into my arms. He and I cry until he finally sleeps.

I'm careful to lay him down. I want to investigate a little more.

All I saw were more pages and documents with his signatures and facts.

Turns out his real name is James Howlett and yes. He's Canadian. His parents were John and Elizabeth. John had been shot and James, or Logan had seen it. That's when his anger caused him to have claws coming out from his knuckles. At least that's what his journal tells.

I take a look at Logan to see if he's still sleeping so I can return to do my research. He is.

His journal also claims that he had been in love with a young girl named Rose. The only problem was that before they got the chance to get married he killed his father's murder and they had to flee quickly to British Columbia with her.

He then disguised himself as a man named Logan and during that time, he discovered he had animal keen senses and an accelerated and non-normal healing factor. He was always up for challenges and that's how he got the nickname of Wolverine.

I decide to read on and see what happened next.

While he was in B.C., he came face to face with the son of his father's murderer. A battle occurred but something went terribly wrong. Rose was trying to break up the fight, when by accident, James killed her with his claws. He had come back here to the cabin but couldn't take being without her any longer so fled into the woods.

No.

Poor Logan. He had killed Rose, that must've been awful.

I suddenly remember of the incident where he had stabbed me and nearly killed me. If it wasn't for my power of life-sucking, I would've been dead too.

It's strange but I also feel a sense of admiration towards Rose. During the 19th century, mutants were less common but she loved him no matter his problems were and stood by him every step of the way. Kind of like what I'm doing now.

He had described her as caring, very young, energetic, and creative.

Very much like me also.

I'm not mad or jealous. I understood her completely.

I already know the rest of the story. Due to his healing power, he can't age and always looks like he was in his thirties. After 100 years, he also went through a harsh government experiment on mutants. They were trying to make him into a killing machine known as Weapon X. Scientists involved in the project inserted the adamantium skeleton in him that, during the process caused him to loose his memory, and made him into what he was today.

I turn the page to find the rest of the journal empty. While I do so, a picture falls out onto the floor with the back of it towards me.

I pick it up and turn it around.

Oh my god.

It's a picture of Rose.

Oh my god.

She looks exactly like me.

Oh lord.

I hear Logan stir and I see him open his eyes.

"Marie?"

"I'm here Logan."

"Can we go back to our cabin now please?" he whispers in pain.

"Yeah, c'mon," I say helping him up from the bed and wiping my tears from my eyes as well as his.

"She's pretty," I tell him as we walk towards the door.

"Just like you," he says forcing a smile.



Part 14- Logan's P.O.V.

The time for our cruise is coming but I don't feel like actually going. In fact, I don't want to go. It's a whole new thing of getting used to when you find out certain things about your past. Even worse, you find out things about the family you never will remember or your past love.

It's not that I hate the fact that I was in love with a woman named Rose. It's just that I don't know how bad it affected Marie finding out about it. Did it affect her?

I mean they almost look exactly alike. That's the creepy thing. They had about the same age when they met me and their personalities are alike according to what my diary also said. Is there something more to this or is it just pure coincidence?

I could tell that Marie isn't looking forward to the trip either. She's too busy caring for me and making sure that she has fulfilled my every need before knowing when the days have already turned into nights. I'm sure that she isn't getting much sleep either.

It's 2 days before we are suppose to go on the cruise. I'm in bed and she just came out of the kitchen fetching me a beer to calm down a little. I tell her that she didn't have to but she insists. This is not a good time for any arguments whatsoever.

She sits down on the side of me to watch me drink it. God I can't stand to see that sad look upon her face.

"Logan?" she asks nervously.

"Yeah, darlin'?" I reply back.

"I think that we should go back home soon."

"Do you want to?"

"I can't stand seeing you like this and we both know that you have a lot of talking to do with the Professor. Don't worry about me. I need to get ready for the upcoming year."

"But, Marie. It was your graduation present."

"I'm more concerned for you. Just you being happy and you being with me is the best gift that I can have. Who knows maybe someday we'll do it but not now."

"Marie, promise that if I ask you to go sometime later you'll accept it."

"Promise."

We smile and then I motion for her to come under the covers to cuddle and she does so.

Us, together, is all we ever need to make it through life.



Part 15- Marie's P.O.V.

Before we left that morning, I went back to the old cabin that had once belonged to Logan to take a look at a few things. Logan was still asleep so I left him a note saying that I should be back within a couple of minutes.

I went in and instantly felt Logan's presence all around. I couldn't believe all that was now happening to him in so little time.

I moved towards the desk and picked up the picture of Rose. She had gone through so much with him and risked her life but even still she stayed with him because she loved him.

I felt so much sympathy for her since I knew exactly how she felt.

She died for him.

I nearly did too but managed to survive.

I don't know why I did so but I began to talk to myself aloud. I really was trying to talk to the spirit of Rose. That is if she was there.

"I promise to take care of him. I love him and I always will. I don't know if I'll ever be the same like you were to him but I kinda guess that destiny brought me to him. I'll be the best I can be and I will never leave his side. I promise."

I turned around to see Logan in the doorway holding back some tears.

"You mean that, darlin'?" he asked.

"Yeah. You said that you'd take care of me so I'll take care of you."

He came up to me and gave me a sweet kiss and a hug.

Wiping some of the tears in his eyes, he said, "C'mon, darlin'. Let's go."

We came back to the mansion a moment ago and had a long talk with Charles. It turns out that all our findings were true. Logan's mad but I've been able to calm him down and soon everything will be alright.



2 Years later…

Time has passed and I'm still teaching and Logan's still assisting Charles and anyone else needing help in things here or there. He's realized that he can't change the past even if it was so harsh.

We are going to stay here for the holidays with the kids who have no place to go and no families. There are a lot and we need to make sure that everyone's Christmas will be nice and bright.

Earlier tonight, we all decorated a huge Christmas tree and wrapped each others presents. After, by the fireplace, for the little ones, we gathered around and sang Christmas Carols with Hank on the piano.

It's late on Christmas Eve and most of the people are already asleep.

A few of us are still awake so we are cleaning up due to the dinner and a few early unwrapped presents who's wrappers have managed to get their way to the floor. Logan and I are in charge of the living room area.

We are almost done and I'm picking up some wrappers off the floor when he comes up from behind and hugged me and kisses my neck.

"Hey. "

"Wow. You're cuddlish."

"Is that even a word?"

"I don't know."

We sit down on the couch exhausted.

"Logan? Wanna open one of your Christmas presents early to keep up with the Christmas Eve tradition?"

"Sure. Just as long as you open up one of mine.'

"Okay," I say getting up and going over to the tree, "Which one?"

"Pick one."

"Um…," I say suddenly spotting a small one with the green wrapping paper. "This one."

"Bring it here, darlin'," he tells me as I walk over to him, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

He takes it and stares at it. Then he unwrapps it to reveal a small box.

He looks up at me and I motion him to go ahead and open it.

He does and his expression when he sees the expensive silver watch I gave him is priceless.

"Oh gosh, darling. This is too much," he says.

"No. It's actually not enough for someone as special as you."

I know that he never had any real gifts before since we met but this year I feel like giving him something really special. He told me once that he needed a new watch so here it was. A brand new, first class watch.

"I got it the last time we had a field trip about a month ago," I comment.

"You didn't have to. Thank you," he says as he gives me a hug.

"You're welcome…again."

"You sure…um…that…you are ready for your gift?"

"Yeah. Why are you so nervous?"

"I just want to make sure that it's special and all and that you like it and everything."

"Anything from you is special and I like, sugah. Don't worry about it."

Nervously, he hesitates and takes a deep breath before taking out a small blue colored wrapped box and giving it to me.

"For you."

"Thank you," I say eying him suspiciously.

I unwrap it to find a tiny, black box. It 's so pretty.

After one look back up at him, I open it.

Oh god.

A ring.

An engagement ring.

"Marie," he says kneeling on the floor in front of me as I was fighting back tears, 'I know that due to your age you might not be ready. I'm not your typical Prince Charming but I love you with all my heart and promise to take care of you forever. Will you marry me?" he asks before taking out some mistletoe from his pocket and with his arm raising it over the both of us, "Please?" he says giving me a pleading look.

All I can do is nod my head.

"You will?"

"Yes Logan I will," I say as we kiss and hug for a while.

"Oh by the way," I remind him, "You are my prince charming."



Part 16- Logan's P.O.V.

I was so over thrilled when I heard Marie say that yes, she was going to marry me that we had decided the best thing to do was to get married as quickly as possible.

Plans are being made and we agree to having Kurt wedding us. Scott will be my best man and for Marie's maid of honors, she would have Kitty, Jubillee, Ororo, and Jean. Charles also has agreed to be the one to walk her down the aisle.

We'll have it in the gym. The color theme is white with light purples, blues, and pinks. Her favorite colors. Actually it really isn't looking that bad after all.

I already had my tux but Marie's still waiting for her wedding dress and I still need to purchase the ring. She is even the one who came up with the design for her gown and her bridesmaids are going to help her make it.

In the meantime, I'm still Charles assistant at the school and a substitute when one is actually needed which really isn't that often.

Marie's now a teacher and works with the little kids. You won't believe how many kids nowadays were being abandoned due to strange circumstances like strange skin or hair colors and if they had tails or something like that. She never complains about it though. She loves her job despite that she did admit that at times they can be a handful.

They love her so much and were so good to her. She's taught them their lessons well and helps them with other activities like art and stuff. God, I can only see her as a mom now. Boy, she could work wonders.

Anyways, the wedding is tomorrow and we still need to set up a few things.

Just a few more hours and Marie and I will be officially together forever.



Part 17- Marie's P.O.V.

Everything's been so set up beautifully. There are flowers of pinks, purples, and blues everywhere in the huge gym with the cathedral like ceiling that mine and Logan's wedding it to take place in.

I'm so busy getting ready and putting on my white dress. I have my hair up in a bun and 2 loose strands. On the top of my head is a band with a few jewels that hold a veil.

"You look so pretty," Jean adds making the last few touches with my make-up.

"Yeah, Logan is sure one lucky guy," says Kurt.

"Where is he?"

"Talking with Scott. He's giving him a few words of wisdom and calming him down," replies Jubilee.

"Really?"

"Uh-huh."

"It seems like they are finally starting to get along," adds Ororo.

"It's about time," answers Jean.

Then we hear a knock and Charles enters.

"How does he look?" I ask.

"In my opinion, like a gentlemen who is very much in love," he replies.

"How do I look?"

"Great," everyone answers.

"Good, I don't want to look bad or anything."

"Don't worry girl. You won't," Kitty comments.

"He's going to look at you and fall head over heels," says Jubille.

"Yeah," says Kitty.

"You ready?" Charles asks.

"Yeah."

"Nervous?"

"Uh-huh."

"Don't worry about it," he says as we walk into the hallway and I hear a few "good lucks" to the door of the room were I will make my entrance, "You love each other and that's all that matters."

The wedding march is starting to play and the doors opened revealing a massive amount of the school there (at least those who hadn't gone home for the holidays).

There I can see Beast and Scott awaiting us.

The maids of honors go up first as well as the little flower girl and the little ring boy.

Charles walks me down the aisle and I swear that I feel so dizzy.

Everything around me is all going in slow motion and it seems like forever before I am already with Logan.

"You know, Rogue," Charles says as I stare at Logan and his gorgeous eyes, "You are one of the daughters that I never had. Logan take good care of her."

"I will."

Charles then joins our hands and I swear that I still feel the same sparks I had felt the first day that we had met.

Then it's time for Kurt to wed us.

"You're so beautiful."

"You're so handsome," I answer back.

We can't stop from looking into each others eyes.

"Logan, do you take this women to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Marie, do you take this man to be you husband?"

"I do."

We make our vows and exchange the rings.

It's so pretty with its small little white jewel in it and all.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Howlett. You may now kiss the bride."

We kiss each other and everyone cheer. We walk down the aisle where we head to the party where there'll be much dance and food.

We never leave each other for a minute the whole night.

We sing karaoke and speeches and toasts are made. We also have the cutting of the cake and the throwing of the bouquet. Kitty caught it and it's easy to tell that her and Bobby were taking many glances from across the room. He looks like he has something up his sleeves.

Wonder what. Well, as long as they are in love.

Soon it's time to open up the presents. We receive photo albums, scrapbooks, underwear (Kitty and Jubes' idea), and many other things.

Then it's time to retreat. We say our good-bye's and thank you's before going upstairs to our room.

Naturally, when we see that no one was looking, Logan picks me up and leads me upstairs into our bedroom. He opens the door and quickly locks it behind him.

He turns to stare at me before letting me down and taking me into his arms.

"I love you, darlin'," he says playing with my hair and kissing my neck.

"Love ya, too," I say shyly.

"Nervous?" he whispers looking into my eyes. I know what he means. I mean, it's our wedding night and all. What else would you expect?

"No it's just…," I say trailing off.

"I'll be careful. I promise that I won't hurt you."

"Right, just gave me a sec okay?"

"I'll be waiting," he says kissing me.

I go to the bathroom and get ready. I really am nervous and in any moment I won't be the same person I was before. No more little innocent Marie. That's over. Thanks to Kitty and Jubes, I now had some black lingerie to put on. I place my wedding dress on a bathroom hook and take in a deep breath. I come out to see Logan sitting there on the bed that's covered in roses.

Aw. How sweet.

He finally turns around to look at me and gasps.

Oh no.

Am I showing too much?

Is my gown too small?

Am I too fat in this?

Why am I even asking myself all this?

He's going to be seeing me without this soon and at certain other points during our life so what was all the fuss?

"You look beautiful," he tells me coming up and taking my hand.

I also realize that by now he was in his boxers, also a matching black.

Thank you Professor for remembering it was his favorite color.

Anyways, he leads me to the bed and we sit down where we have a long conversation on the consequences and stuff. We come to the conclusion that the only thing that can happen is that I can get pregnant. But we both decide that it's okay since we love each other and we are planning to raise a family anyways. In other words, we aren't going to use protection. I'm a little nervous but he tells me that everything is going to be okay and that really calms me down.

Finally, he moves in closer to me. More than I ever thought that he could ever be but in my wildest dreams.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I reply before he leans into me to kiss me with his sweet lips symbolizing that yet another chapter in our life was about to begin.



Part 18- Logan's P.O.V.

We went on our honeymoon to Alaska and had a very good time on the cruise. We went on a mountain trail and looked at the beautiful views below. It was so breathtaking and to have her there with me was a dream come true. We also went to a local museum and saw a lot of great ancient paintings and sculptures. Some didn't mean much to me but Marie was certainly excited over them. All that mattered to me was that I kept my promise to her that we would go and go we did.

There was a nice little hotel by the ocean that wasn't far away from the woods and wildlife that we decided to stay at. There was a long and wide window in our place that we could look over the horizon. It was just great.

"Hey," Marie says this afternoon coming up behind me. She had slept in that morning since she said she was feeling a little tired and sick. Maybe it's something about the food down at the restaurant downstairs or something.

We'll be leaving on the cruise tomorrow morning so that we can go back home, so I figured that she woke up to finish packing.

"Hey," I say giving her a hug.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You. Me. Us," I say and she laughs a little.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Same," she replies.

I don't know why but I sense that there is something different about her.

"I got a surprise for you," she tells me.

"What is it, darling?" I ask.

"Remember that you said that after we would get married, we'd get jobs, have a family, live happily ever after and all that?"

"Yeah."

"Well I think that one more of those things are going to come true," she says as she moves my hand to her stomach.

Oh god.

She's-

"Marie…are you?"

She nods.

"Oh my god!" I say hugging and kissing her, "How and when did you find out?"

"This morning. I took a test before going back to bed."

"Oh gosh," I say with tears forming in my eyes, "I love you, darlin'."

"I love you too baby."

"I promise I'll always take care of you and the baby."

"Promise?"

"Promise. With all my heart."

We soon fall asleep on the bed. She's in my arms and I have my hand placed on her stomach. I'm going to be a daddy. I couldn't believe it.

I know one thing for sure though. I'm not going to let Marie or the baby down ever.

I promise.



Part 19/Epilogue- Marie's P.O.V.

Nine months later, I gave birth to mine and Logan's baby girl Rose. The name was a dedication to his previous love of course. The one he couldn't remember.

She's growing up fast and loves to play. She walks and runs everywhere. She can be a handful but we love her. She even recently said her first words, "Da-da." That obviously made Logan very happy.

A lot has also changed in the world too, the world seems to be accepting human's mutant abilities much better now and know that there are many that actually mean good and actually want to help the world become a better place.

I'm now on break from teaching and Kitty has taken over the class as she's learning how to be a teacher as well.

Next year, there will be more students here and there will be more regular teachers.

I'll teach Art and Logan will be teaching Literature. We will be taking turns taking care of the baby but when neither of us can, Charles will. He's too old to teach now and Rose considers him to be her grandpa.

He loves being with her and we trust him enough. She's always happy with him.

Times have definitely changed but I hope that our baby will have a good future.