Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my response to Khakigrrl's 1st pic challenge, and my first foray into L/R. Feedback is very very good. Title is from the Foo Fighters song.
It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again.
It's times like these you learn to LOVE again.
It's times like these time and time again.

~Times like These by Foo Fighters




"Rogue, no!" Bobby said.

"And why not?" she asked as she entered the Danger Room. What she saw gave her the answer right away.

There stood Jean Grey and Wolverine.

Smiling.

If there were two things that Rogue knew they were that one, Jean almost never smiled. And two, Logan only smiled like that to her.

And there he was, giving Jean her smile. She wanted to run in there and scream at Logan, "Just what do you the fuck are you smiling at her like that for?" But she didn't. Instead she turned, and ran out of the room, almost knocking Bobby over in the process.



Logan didn't realize anyone was there until he saw her whip around, white streaks trailing, and run out of the room. "Uh oh."

"What?" Jean asked, turning around. "Oh."

"I tried to stop her," Iceman explained. "But she wouldn't listen."

"I'll go after her," Jean stated, starting to leave.

"Not happenin'. I'm the one in her head, I should go."

"Are you sure? Because more than likely, she's madder at you than me."

"Yeah." With that Logan left the room and started tracking Marie.

Damnit, Marie, you have no clue what was going on, and just assume that because of whatever, that something is going on when nothing is going on. You better not be hard to find. This mansion is pretty big, bub.

Logan stopped and sniffed again, before turning left and heading up the stairs.



Rogue hoped like hell that Logan wasn't the one coming after her. She figured that one of them would, and she just really didn't feel like dealing with Logan right now. After their last fight, over her clothes getting tighter and shorter of all the damn things, he had followed her around the mansion for days. From that alone, he would know exactly where to find her. Besides, she wanted, no she had the right, to be pissed at him right now. You don’t tell a girl that you only smile like that for her and then go around using it of other people. Especially when the other person was Jean. Not that Rogue had anything against Jean, but Logan and all of his damn feral instincts in her head wouldn't let Rogue forget that he had a thing for Jean. A big thing. Huge, and constantly finding herself staring at Jean's ass didn't help. Reaching the top of the stairs Rogue found the doorknob and headed out onto the roof.



"I'm sorry."

"Don't be Bobby. You did your best."

"Did Wolverine get it?"

"Actually that's what we were discussing when she came in. Yes he did."

"She's going to love it."

"I agree."



Logan opened the door to the roof. "Thought I'd find you up here," he said, smiling.

"Go away Logan. Ah don't wanna talk to you riaght now."

"Well, that's just too damn bad, Marie. Cause we're gonna talk."

"No. Cause you ain't even got the riaght to call me Mahrie riaght now," she said, refusing to look at him, her accent giving away the fact that she was more than pissed at him.

"Fine then," he said trying to keep the smile out of his voice as he came up behind her. "Then you don't get your birthday present."

"And just what miaght that be?" she spat out, not even really caring.

"Tickets."

"Ta what?"

"That band you like so much, you know," he paused waiting for even the slightest bit of interest, receiving none. "What's it called, the Foo Fighters or something like that. Front row, back stage passes."

Marie turned around slowly. "What?"

"You heard me," he said, smiling at the teary eyed young woman who would soon turn twenty-one.

"Oh mah gawd, your not kiddin'."

"No. That's what I was telling Jean when you came in there."

"But the way you were smilin' at her--"

"It's cause I was thinking about the look on your face when I told you," he said wrapping his arm around her waist. Logan looked into the eyes of a woman, one that he had rescued as a kid, and decided that he was going to have to find a way to kiss her. If she had been wearing a scarf he would have used that, but since she wasn't, the next best thing would have to be her hair. He gently picked up a few strands and took in her smell before leaning in to receive a very passionate kiss from a very happy Marie.

"Happy birthday to me," she said before kissing Logan.

The End