Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Redd for the beta, and for the series name. This one has been a long time in the works, but only because real life has a tendency to want attention. Favorite Mistake belongs to Sheryl Crow.
Watching him leave that morning, I knew he wasn’t coming back. And with everything that had happened since his return, I really couldn’t blame him. The past couple of weeks had been hard on everyone, and the Wolverine only had one way of dealing with his emotions, running.

The day that Jean died was hard. Hard is an understatement. It was absolutely terrible. Scott would later tell me that he felt like he had no one to turn to; and Logan didn’t feel like he had the right to mourn for her. So they turned to each other, for a few minutes at least. But when that was over, Scott headed to his room, and Logan headed to mine. We had never talked about us. No one ever really expected it to happen, besides Jean. And since she was gone, Logan felt like he had to do something about it, to live up to her memory if nothing else. So that’s how it started: Logan wanting to feel like he was doing right by Jean, and me needing someone to turn to since Bobby was lost in his own world, mourning for Jean and John.

But how to get around the skin problem? That was simple enough actually. Scarves and body suits are very useful things when it comes right down to it. And the sex didn’t start right away, like everyone would like to think. In fact, I’ve only had sex with Logan all of three times, three fabulous times, but three times none the less.

But when you wake up and hear a warning in the voice of the man you love, you start to understand, that no matter what, sometimes things just don’t work out. And when your friends can all tell that something is wrong between you and the man you’ve been pining for, for two years, you start to realize that it’s not going to last. But then, nothing lasts forever.

And the night he comes home still drunk, and for a super healer that’s kinda hard, and smelling of someone else, who must look like Jean, cause of the red hair all over his jacket and shirt, and the same color lipstick that she wore on his neck, you know it’s not going to last. Nothing lasts. You can’t expect it to either.

So waking up to see him walking out the door wasn’t a big surprise. And knowing that he wasn’t coming back with out him saying a thing, also not a big surprise. Did it hurt? Hell yeah it hurt. Did I cry? Of course I did. Did I cry in front of anyone else? No.

Shouldn’t surprise you, I’ve got enough of Logan in me to keep my feelings to myself. But that didn’t stop Scott from realizing that I wasn’t being quite as truthful with my friends as they would like. I honestly think Scott gained some of Logan’s super hearing to have heard me crying that night.

Right now, it wouldn’t surprise me.