Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank Autumn for beta reading for me. I also like to tell everyone that no, I haven't forgotten about my other series, this one just popped up and wanted to be written before I forgot it. If this gets good feedback, I'll think about making it into a series. Guess it all depends on how you girls like it. **Logan's thoughts **** Jean's thoughts ## Xavier's thoughts
One month after the incident at the Statue of Liberty.....

It woke up in the dead of night. Sweaty and scared. Dreams of things trying to hurt it. Remnants of pain still linger in the mind of the awakening one. With a snarl the creature fought the covers that entrapped its body. All the creature knew is that it must "run". It growled furiously at not finding any way out of the cave it was trapped in. Finally, it noticed an opening in the wall. Running towards it, the creature hurled itself through the opening. Seconds later it fell to the grounds, sharp things had pierced its skin. With a whimper, then a snarl the creature pulled the thing out, healing instantaneously. The creature did not look back as it ran towards the woods. Instincts told the creature where to go, where to hide. Feeling comfortable in the cave it had found miles from where it had been trapped, the creature laid down to sleep.

Back at the mansion Jean woke to the sound of lots of glass breaking.

"Scott, wake up I heard something, glass breaking."

"Okay, I'll go check," Scott replied getting up to check things out in the mansion. "Was it near in sound or far?"

"It sounded near. Like maybe in Rogue's room."

Rogue had been moved to her own room because of an accident almost happening with a sleep walking Jubilee. Everyone felt it safer for Rogue to have a place of her own.

"Jean, come here!" Scott hollered from down the hall.

"Oh, my God. Where is Rogue?" Jean asked searching the room for the younger woman.

"I don't know this is how I found the room, Jean," Scott said looking at the broken glass littering the bed and floor. "Is that blood?" he asked pointing to a red smear that was on the remaining curtain that was hanging on the window.

Walking over, Jean inspected the smear. "I'm afraid so."

"Okay, we have to find Rogue. Wake the Professor, see if he can find her. Then we'll go from there."

Hours Later.....

"She is still on the property, Scott. I just can't tell where," Charles said looking to the younger man.

"Is she alone, is she hurt?"

"No, she's fine. I'm getting confusing images. It's like when I try and read Logan's mind. So, confused," he said with sigh.

"I think we need to get Logan. He's the only that will be able to find her," Jean said before sipping at her tea.

"But where is he?" Storm asked looking at Jean.

"Professor, if you can find him using Cerebro and I'll get him here," Scott said resigned tone. Everyone knew how Scott disliked the older man.

"Very well, Scott ready the jet. The sooner he finds her the better," Xavier said wheeling out of the room and heading towards the elevator that lead to the lower levels.

One hour later he told Jean and Scott where to find Logan.

They flew over Canada in a matter of minutes. Jean kept communication open with Xavier in case of any changes. "I wish I knew what was happening," Jean said feeling hopeless.

"Don't worry, Jean. If anyone can find Rogue, it is definitely Logan." Scott replied trying to laugh but failing.

In northern Alberta, Scott landed the jet in a clearing not far from the hotel Logan was staying at. "It's only a quarter mile from here," Scott said leaving the jet.

They found the room that Xavier indicated Logan would be in. Scott knocked praying that Logan was in the room. "Come on, Logan. Open the damn door," Scott hollered over the wind.

The door opened to a noticeably pissed Logan. "What's wrong, Scooter? Buckethead escape from his hamster cage and you need a little help?"

"Logan," Jean said warningly.

"Hey, Jeanie. This is one hell of awake up call, darling," he said with smirk.

"Logan, this isn't a wake up call. Rogue's missing," Scott said as he stepped back away from the door waiting for the older man to explode. And explode he did.

"What?! I leave her with you for one month and already she is missing!" Logan pulled Scott into the room by his collar.

"Logan, please. We need your help. We know that she is still on the property but we can't find her," Jean said laying a hand on Logan hoping to stop him from killing her lover.

"Okay, let me get my clothes," Logan replied as he stumble over to the bed and pulled his boots on. He put on his shirt and jackets than snatched his duffelbag as he closed the door to his room. "Well, come on. You're wasting time here, Scooter."

"I really don't like him," Scott whispered to Jean as they walked back to the jet.

"I heard that One-Eye," Logan said smirking.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, hairy man."

"Boys, later you can pull them out and measure but right now let's worry about Rogue."

They reached the jet several minutes later. Scott readied the jet while Logan and Jean got comfortable in their seats.

"So, Jean want to tell me what happened to Rogue?" Logan inquired.

"All I know is that late last night I hear the sound of glass breaking. Scott looked in Rogue's room and she was gone. The window had been broken and there was blood on the curtains."

At the mention of blood Logan growled. No one hurt his Marie. No one. He would find out what happened and bring his girl home. *When did I start thinking that she was my girl?* he questioned himself. *Since the moment you held her in your arms, fool.*

As before it didn't take them long to get back to the mansion. Logan left the jet first in a hurry to find and bring Marie back.. He walked quickly to her room with Jean and Scott not far behind him. Logan inhaled the scents in the room. There was of course Marie scent, which was the strongest as she spent most of her time here. Then there were Scott's, Jean's, that mall rat Jubilee's and then Kitty's. There was also the lingering smell of fear and Marie blood that he could smell on the curtain. Logan turned around to leave the room and almost ran over Scott and Jean in the process.

"Where you going you?" Scott asked getting out of Logan's way as quickly as possible.

"To talk to Chuck, One-Eye," Logan replied stocking down the hall towards the office Xavier would be in.. The door opened for him before he even reached for the handle.

*Thanks, Jeanie.*

**Whatever, Logan.**

"Ah, Logan. You're here. Did you find anything in Rogue's room?" The Professor asked turning his wheel chair way from the window that he been looking out of.

"No. Do you sense her still on the property?" Logan asked looking out of the window.

"Yes, she in the west woods. There is a small cave there."

"Can you tell me what the hell is going on?"

"I don't know much, Logan. All I can tell you is that when I try and read her mind it's like trying to read yours. There is a lot of confusion," Charles replied shaking his head. They both stared out the window as the sun appeared over the horizon. Both where lost in thoughts about the young woman. Breaking the silence Logan finally spoke.

"I don't know what the fuck has happened, but I will find her," and with that he left the room.

*Yes, you'll find her but in what shape will she be in.* Where Charles thought as he watched the man leave his office.

In the cave, in the forest the woman once known as Rogue woke up. Feeling hungry she decided to venture forth to find food. Again, her instincts told her what to do. She found edible berries and consumed them while listening for any possible danger. The smell of water drew her to a small creek. It was cool and refreshing to her slightly parched throat. Sitting still she smelled the different scents of the animals that had visited recently to drink from the water. It was nice to be free, to not be trapped in the big cave as she was before.

She preferred her new home.

Logan followed Marie scent to the cave, however she wasn't there when he arrived. He could still smell her in the air and decided it to follow it.

She had been sitting there calmly when the new scent reached her. Fear made her get up to flee just in case of danger. But the sound of the voice made her stop.

"Marie, darling. It's me, Logan." She followed the sound of the voice. A creature stood on the other side of the water.

Fear made the claws pop out of her hands, but the pain made her scream. She found that she wanted to attack but couldn't. The creature smelled familiar but she couldn't remember why.

*She acts just like I did before I realized that I was a man and not an animal.* Logan thought as he slowly crossed the creek and walked towards Marie.

She hissed warningly but didn't move. The strange feeling she had for this other creature made her stand still but she moved her hands closer to her body with the claws still out.

"Marie, Baby. It's okay I'm here. Won't let anything happen to you." Logan walked still closer hoping she would remember him. But all he got in response was more hissing and growling.

*Maybe, if she saw my claws she won't be afraid?* Logan unsheathed his claws slowly not wanting to scare her. He watched her eyes open wide as she saw his claws. Slowly and carefully she walked towards him, aware that there still may be danger. Cautiously she touched his claws, then without warning she grabbed his hand. She may have forgotten her mutation but Logan hadn't. There was a second of fear before he realized that there was nothing happening, all he felt was her warm skin touching his.

"Baby, do you remember me?" Logan whispered.

With a faint growl Marie the ripped the material from the other creature. She wanted to feel its skin, to feel the warmth from the male body standing before her. She didn't know if it was wrong, she just wanted him. There was need in her, a need for HIM. Logan was shocked. Marie had never acted like this not that he had been around her that much. He watched in fascination as she rubbed her face against his chest. He could make out the rumbling sound from her. *She's purring, purring over touching me.* Logan had never felt anything so erotic as what Marie was doing to him. Her small hands was caressing him, touching every inch of the skin on his chest. He couldn't hold back the groan of pleasure when he felt her tongue lick his right nipple. Nor could he control himself when she gently suckled on it. Loosing all sense of self, he pulled her up for a searing kiss that took both their breathes away.

With the animal instincts overwhelming him, Logan ripped the clothing off of the female before him. This caused her to shudder at the feel of nakedness put did not stop him. She smelled the need that now companied his scent. He wanted her just like she wanted him. The creature known as Marie was happy. She had found her mate. The feel of his hand on her flesh made her moan. She submitted to her mate as he pushed her to the ground. His clothes disappeared in the same way that hers had. Teeth and tongue brushed pale skin as moans and groans filled the air. The response of the female turned on the male. The urge to mate took over and with one thrust the male was sheathed inside the female's body. Marie whimpered at the pain that he had caused but it was gone as quickly as it came. She sighed with relief and put her arms around her mate's neck. He moved slowly as not to further injure her. The feeling of being in his chosen mate was wondrous, she was hot and wet, so tight. He had the need to just thrust into her until he was satisfied, but something told him to wait. It told him that if he was patient just a little longer it would feel even better went his mate came for him.

Logan nuzzled Marie's neck, she smelled so good. She smelled like his, which she now was. No one would take her away from him, ever. Suddenly he felt the muscles around his cock start to ripple and tighten around him. With a groan he thrust harder and harder till he came with a roar. Beneath him, Marie thrust back harder as she felt the overwhelming pleasure rip through her, with a scream she came.

It took several minutes before Logan caught his breathe and realized what he had done. He looked into the face of the woman he promised to take care of and was horrified at what had just happened. But the look of utter peace and happiness on her face calmed his raging heart. Gently he kissed her lips and listened as she moaned under his touch.

"Marie, darling," he said as he swallowed. "Baby, did I hurt you?" He had forgotten that she really hadn't spoken since he had found her.

"Logan."

"That's right, darling. Are you okay?" Her response was a slight moan as she rubbed her hands along his shoulders.

*I have to get her back to the mansion. Jean or Chuck will know what's wrong and can fix her.* He though as he slowly pulled himself away from her. He knew she wouldn't understand his words but it helped him to talk to her.

"Marie, I'm going to get us dressed then we'll go back to the mansion." Logan picked up a shirt that had survived and carefully put it on her. She only wore it cause it smelled like him but otherwise she did not like the covering her mate had put on her. She watched as he put a covering on his body.

Slowly, as not to scare her he lifted her into his arms. He hoped this would make it easier to get her back to the mansion without incident.

When the mansion came into sight Logan had a hard time holding on to Marie. She was frightened and snarled at him for bringing her back HERE.

"Sshh, it's alright. I won't let anything happen to you," he whispered to her.

He listened as she whimpered and held on to him tighter. Nothing felt as good as holding her in his arms.

"My God, Logan. What happened to her?" Scott said opening the back door to let them.

"Don't know. I got to get her to medlab," Logan replied holding a now shivering and growling Marie.

"God, is that her growling?" Scott said looking at the half dress woman.

"Well, it ain't me, Scooter."

Scott took one last look at the pair before him. Shaking his head, Scott left the room.. He knew something more had happened out there in the wood that Logan obviously was not telling.

In his arms Marie was still softly growling at him. Getting in the elevator he nuzzled her neck to try and soothe her, when that didn't work he started the rumbling in his chest that he knew she liked. Soon he had her reasonably calm. The next part was going to be hard, getting her to let Jean look at her. Right now she only trusted one person and that was her mate but Logan didn't know a damn thing about medicine and what might help her.

Jean was standing next to the examining table when Logan came in with Marie.

"Good lord, Logan. That can't be how you found her," she said immediately coming towards him to help with Rogue. Logan didn't get the time to warn Jean before a furious Marie jumped out of his arms.

Jean watched as the younger woman crouched in front of Logan. A low growling sound could be heard from Rogue as bone claws could be seen coming out of her hands.

"Logan, what is she doing?" Jean asked taking a slow step back.

"I think she sees you as a threat, Jean," Logan replied gently.

"Where's Scooter?"

"Why?"

"I have an idea, get him up here quickly."

Several minutes later a worried and out of breathe Scott showed up at the door of the medlab.

"Okay, One-eye. You've go stand next to Jean," Logan said nodding his head towards the red headed woman.

"Okay, now what."

"You've got to kiss her and hold her close to you."

"What?!"

"Look, you got to show Marie that Jean is your mate. This way she won't see her as a threat."

Scott did as Logan asked, all the while keeping a close eye on Logan and Rogue.

He watched as the young woman relaxed her stance and Logan pulled her to him. The sound of purring could be heard, one female and another that was definitely male.

"Why, would....Oh, my God. Logan, you didn't take advantage of her did you?" Jean asked watching how Marie was acting towards Logan.

"Look, I really don't want to talk about this. Let's just find out what's wrong, okay."

Jean tried to get close to Rogue to take blood test but the other woman just wouldn't let her near her. She continually growled at Jean, letting her know she wanted nothing to do with her.

"Logan, I'm going to have to sedate her. It will make it easier for me to do all the tests," Jean said getting a hypodermic needle ready.

"Okay, let me turn her around so she won't see you," Logan said sadly. He didn't like that Jean had to sedate Marie but they had to find out what was wrong with her. He wanted to be able to talk to her, he missed her southern drawl and shy glances that she gave him. He held her to him, purring to keep her calm knowing that any second Jean would inject her with a sedative and she would be upset before it took effect. All too soon he felt her body tighten in pain and then went suddenly relax. Picking her up, Logan gently laid her on the examining table and stood by her side while Jean ran all her tests.

"Logan, I'm going to run an x-ray to see if she has any injures and to take a look at those claws," Jean said moving the table over to the machinery.

"All right, Jeanie."

Jean worked fast hoping to get done as quickly as possible before Marie woke. From the x-rays, she could already see what was going on with the woman but wanted to wait till the rest of the tests where through. But if she was right, Marie and Logan had more in common now than ever before.