Author's Chapter Notes:
To lili who got me addicted to X-men and
convinced me to write a fanfiction. You can also go read
hers (memory lost by lili). By the way, it's my first
fanfiction so don't be to harsh on me!! Moreover,
English is not my language so forgive me for any
misspellings or strange sentences.
Since he secretly associated with Magneto, Pyro was getting more and more conscious everyday of all the things he could do with his mutant power. He was also very happy with the fact that people were actually scared of him. He felt very powerful and intended to use this power to get Rogue for himself. Her ability to absorb each and everyone's power would certainly serve him well in his diabolic plans. He could also try to win her heart because, right now, she only seemed to have eyes for Bobby. What a shame, he thought. How could such an intelligent and gifted young woman be interested in Iceman. After all, all he could do was changing any water particle in ice. That would never serve him to do anything extraordinary or so he believed.

One morning, as the students were getting out of a class that was given by Jean Grey, Bobby and Rogue were talking about their plan for the rest of the day. They were supposed to meet Wolverine to plan a surprise party for Jean's return amongst them. Not very long ago, they all thought she had died after using her telekinetic power to save all the people she cared about. Scott and Logan had been through a very difficult time after this episode but they did manage to get along a little bit better. "Hey kids," said Wolverine as he saw Bobby and Marie walking side by side.

As always, Marie immediately went to hug him, leaving Bobby all alone behind her. The young man would certainly never get used to seeing his girlfriend running to another man. "Logan, I'm so happy to see you," cried Marie. Those "demonstrations of affection" towards him, as he liked to call them, were making him very uncomfortable. Then, Bobby came closer to put a stop to this scene Marie was making and suggested that they all went to the park and start planning. Each of them had a lot of ideas in mind but the choice for the location of the party was very easy. Of course, they would use "Xavier's school for gifted youngsters", as it was very significant for everyone. They discussed for a very long time before going to have lunch together but everything was all set and the party would take place the week after.

During the rest of the week, the three friends kept trying to prepare everything without having Jean know about it. That was actually kind of hard because Marie could barely keep a secret and Logan felt really uneasy about lying to Jean. Nevertheless, everything went fine. The day of the party finally arrived and Logan was busy decorating the room with Marie's help when Bobby came barging into the room, yelling that Jean was coming and that they had to hide everything. "Oh no," said Marie trying to remove from the wall a banner on which "Welcome back Jean" was written.

In an ultimate attempt to save the surprise, Bobby took a glass of water he found on a table and threw it across the room in the door's direction. An ice wall immediately appeared exactly where the water was thrown. Jean didn't even have time to figure out what was going on that Logan started laughing loudly. "Sorry Jean! Bobby doesn't know how to control his power yet," he said unable to stop laughing. Marie found that very amusing and offered her biggest smile to Logan who did the same for her. However, Bobby didn't find anything funny about the situation and started blowing multicolored balloons with rage as Logan and Marie kept fooling around.

As soon as all the guests were present in the room, Scott went to get Jean. The latter was astonished by the surprise. "We are so happy that you're back," said Storm, Scott and Professor Xavier all at once. After that, Jean went to meet the guests. When she got to Bobby, she put a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him, thinking about the sudden appearance of the ice wall. During that time, Pyro was staying away from the group, lost in his thoughts. Bobby went to say hello but all he got was a distracted smile that seemed to be hiding something more. As soon as he was alone, he took out of his pocket a small lighter and started staring at the little flame it was producing. "You're gonna help me achieve my goal," he whispered for himself. However, Marie had heard him and started asking questions. He muttered an answer that seemed to satisfy her and she left him with his destructive ideas. Marie immediately went to the Professor to ask him if he could try reading Pyro's mind to find out what exactly he was planning. Rogue had no confidence what so ever in John since she had to absorb his power to extinguish the fire he had first started with good intentions. He had let the fire propagate and threatened a lot of people.

Pyro found Marie and asked her to follow him. He thought that with a little persuasion, he would be able to convince her to participate in his plans and not tell anyone about it until it was a done deal. Marie offered him a quick smile and turned to Professor Xavier who discretely nodded his head. The latter followed them and hid as close to the small opening in the door as he possibly could without being seen. He remained there with his wheelchair, waiting for Rogue to give him the signal.

As he was trying to figure out what John's plans were, Charles saw a lot of images succeeding one another. He first understood that the young man would do anything to win Rogue's love and that he would not hesitate to make anyone who would try to stop him pay with its life, whether it was Bobby or someone else. Finally, after a few seconds that seemed to last forever, Charles managed to read the bottom of Pyro's mind. He wasn't surprised by all the naughty thoughts that were filling his head but one plan in particular was concerning him. Pyro wanted to take possession of Cerebro and kidnap the Professor to activate it. By doing so, he intended to control all mutants or humans. He wouldn't mind hurting anybody who'd try to get in his way. They had to stop him before the worst happened, thought the Professor. Cerebro meant a lot to him but he certainly didn't create to serve such malefic purposes.

Charles tried to catch Marie's attention so she could get away from that mad man and help him find a solution. He had a hard time doing it because John was holding her arm really tight to keep her from going anywhere. Then, Pyro got closer to Marie to kiss her but she pushed him away as hard as she possibly could. "I can't, you should know that. I could hurt you," she explained nervously. Obviously, she omitted to tell him that she was getting better at controlling her mutation and that she could probably kiss him without anything bad happening, at least for a few seconds. Anyway, she didn't even tell Bobby about it because she wasn't sure that she wanted to take things further with him anymore. Rogue was getting more and more aware of her feelings for Wolverine and had trouble keeping them for herself. She didn't want anyone to know because Logan was much older than she was. Moreover, she didn't want to make Bobby suffer because of it. John finally let Marie go but told her he expected to see her again very soon. Her entire body was shivering just thinking about it. As soon as she was able to join Charles, he made a quick summary of what he had seen for her. "He wants to take Cerebro tonight. Come, we have to find Logan. By the way, take care of yourself, he won't let you go so easily." Even though she wasn't surprised by what she heard, Marie started to panic for a few seconds. How could they stop Pyro? There was not a lot of time left.

Charles immediately went to see Nightcrawler and Storm who had to interrupt their dance to follow him. He had decided to summon everyone he trusted for an emergency meeting. Logan, Jean, Scott, Bobby, Storm and Nightcrawler were all asked to attend the meeting. It was decided that Storm and Jean would be in charge of watching Cerebro and that Logan would try to stop Pyro if he attempted anything because he was the only one who had the healing factor. As for Bobby and Marie, they would try to distract Pyro while Cyclope and Nightcrawler would build a protective anti-fire wall around the room that contained Cerebro. The Professor would supervise everything and do his best to help them considering his handicap. Everyone rapidly put the plan into action.

During that time, Pyro was wandering around the school waiting for the perfect moment to start his plan. He had seen the Professor trying to read his mind earlier and he knew he had to act fast. When Iceman and Rogue joined him, he tried to get away but they followed him everywhere. He was starting to be impatient when he thought of locking them up in a closet. He pretended to have lost something and opened the door. He pushed them inside but Marie managed to get away. Bobby got stuck there in a head to head with a mop and many containers filled with disinfectant products that made him nauseous. Marie escaped and ran to find the others and warn them. She came across Logan who seemed preoccupied. "Bobby is prisoner from a closet! John will do anything and it won't be long," she screamed. Logan didn't have time to say a word because Marie was suddenly surrounded by a fire. Pyro, who was standing next to the fire, looked at her and started laughing. "You'll never get away with that, you bastard! If I can't have you, nobody will." Logan only needed a few seconds to find a bathroom and fill a huge bucket with water. He managed to partially extinguish the fire so that Marie could get away but he knew damn well it wouldn't last. Logan held the young girl in his arms and she kissed him quickly on the lips after thanking him. Surprisingly, he didn't try to stop her. "Come on, Marie. We have to find Bobby, now. Tell me where he is," said Wolverine. He freed him easily by using one of his claws to unlock the door. Bobby followed them without asking any questions. He knew that something very bad was happening. He only hoped it wasn't too late. Many small fires were scattered all over the place and the guests were running around frantically to find an exit. Logan showed them the closest exit and the three accomplices helped the wounded to get out.

At the same time, Scott and Nightcrawler were building the wall but it was taking them a lot longer than they first expected. Charles was doing everything he possibly could to find the missing elements to build the wall. It was not the first time he had to face such a threat so he knew he had everything necessary to construct the wall. However, the fire was spreading around the school, making things a lot harder for him.

Cyclops and Nightcrawler were working hard building the wall when the women gave them a signal meaning that Pyro was approaching. Since the wall was not completed yet, Ororo created a storm to keep him from getting closer and Kurt used his teleportation power to distract him. However, everyone knew all these solutions were temporary and that only Marie could stop him by absorbing his ability to manipulate fire like she had done in the past. It took her awhile to arrive because of the many obstacles she and the guys had to overcome. The fire was spreading fast and causing a lot of damages. It was even getting dangerously close to Cerebro. The Professor was looking frantically around him, trying to find Rogue who finally arrived accompanied by Iceman and Wolverine. Pyro was already there but Wolverine didn't have any trouble catching him since he was so hypnotized by the fire, he didn't even notice that what he longed for was burning. As soon as Logan managed to keep him on the ground long enough, Rogue touched his hand. She got in some kind of a trance that allowed her to absorb his ability. As Pyro was getting weaker, she gradually became able to control the fire and extinguish it. Wolverine then took the lighter from John and tied him to a chair with a rope that Bobby had found in the closet.

As soon as the fire was over and Pyro unable to get away, the group could only see all the damage that was already done. Cerebro was now a pile of ashes and Charles was inconsolable. "I've spent half of my life creating this machine and now, it's gone!" he said unable to stop crying. Jean and Scott, who had never seen the Professor being so emotional, did everything they could to calm him down and Charles did find a little comfort in the fact that no one could ever use Cerebro again to scatter fear all around the planet. At the same time, Logan and Marie were holding each other, closely watched by Bobby who didn't take long to realize he had lost her for good. She probably never really loved him or so he thought. He left the scene to join the police officers that had been called by Cyclops to show them where Pyro was tied. His eyes filled with tears, he took them to the disastrous scene.



A few years later, "Xavier's school for gifted youngsters" was entirely rebuilt. Professor Charles Xavier was really proud of it and offered everyone who tried to save Cerebro with him a job in the school. Logan, Storm, Scott and Jean formed the new school's direction committee. As for Kurt, Marie and Bobby, they became responsible for different groups of students. The two latter had reconciled and their friendship was stronger than ever. Bobby was now engaged to Emily, a beautiful young woman who could make herself and everything she touched invisible. Logan and Marie had never been so close. Wolverine had finally gotten over their age difference and admitted his true feelings for the kid he always wanted to protect since their first meeting. "I have something to tell you," whispered Marie in his ear trying to take him away from the group. "I'm pregnant," she said with a smile that betrayed her joy. Logan took her in his arms and they left holding hands in direction of the dorms that, at this time of the day, were deserted.

Logan kissed passionately the woman who was about to become the mother of his child. He never thought he could be so happy. Marie helped him unbutton his shirt and caressed him with the tip of her fingers. He felt the desire rising. Logan then started to take Marie's top off while kissing her neck. They lied on a bed, kissing each other. Marie felt so safe in his arms that she completely let herself get caught in the passion that united them. For the first time, she reached a level of pleasure she never thought existed. She had never felt so much shivers get up and down her spine even though it obviously wasn't the first time they made love.



Logan and Marie were sitting side by side on a little bed in the hospital were Marie had given birth to her children a few hours before. They were both holding tiny babies carefully wrapped in beautiful blankets that Jean and Scott had given them. Their other child was in the nursery, being bathed by a nurse. Anna and Hugh were peacefully sleeping in their parents arms when some visitors arrived. Amongst them, Emily was standing there, holding a beautifully wrapped package covered with teddy bears. Bobby had his few month old son in his arms. His name was Aaron. Everyone was contemplating the twins when a nurse came into the room, rolling a cradle with a smile. "This is Shawn," said Logan and Marie at the same time. The visitors were astonished. Triplets, they couldn't believe it. Who would have thought, a few years ago when the episode that they all wanted to forget happened, that Rogue and Wolverine would become happy parents of three beautiful children. Logan's life was now so filled with joy that he didn't feel the need to search for his past anymore. He wanted to concentrate on the future.