Jean sat sipping on a cup of hot coffee her attention focused on the screen in front of her. A slight tickle on her mind had her glancing upwards and she smiled at the young woman standing in the doorway to her office.

“Hey Rogue,” Jean waved her in. “How’s it going?”

“Fine. I uh just came to ask how your weekend was,” Rogue said sinking into the chair opposite the desk.

“Oh fantastic. What we really needed,” Jean leaned back in her chair and sighed. “I guess I owe you a thank you for being so concerned. I know we haven’t always been such good friends..”

“Once you figured out that Logan was mine, we were sure to get along,” Rogue grinned. “I mean now that I know such intimate details about Scott its not like I can hold it against you!”

Jean flushed and giggled, “Well its not like you had much of a choice. After all loose lips sink ships you know.”

“You didn’t reveal anything that I couldn’t have found out other ways..”

“I know its just weird that I went out with both you and Logan and got drunk. I mean I so rarely do that.”

“What go out with Logan and I or..?”

“Either,” Jean shrugged. “So did you have plans for tonight.”

“Actually I wanted to say sorry ‘bout disturbing you the other night. We really were concerned after not hearing from you all day. And since it was kinda my fault..”

“How do you figure that?” Jean said as Rogue shifted uneasily in her chair a look of guilt crossing the younger woman’s face.

“Well it all started a few weeks back when Scott caught..” Rogue started uneasily, her memory still fresh as she watched Jean shift in her chair and slowly begin to nod.


From where he sat Scott could clearly see Logan and Rogue deep in conversation ignoring the action on the television. Storm had explained what the phone call had been about and Scott had to laugh at the thought of Rogue and Logan getting drunk and concerned; although he wouldn't let anyone know that, after all he had a reputation to uphold.


From the way they were talking Scott wondered what Rogue was refusing to do and frowned slightly. He doubted Logan was pressing her to take the next step in their relationship, Rogue would be jumping for joy if he offered her sex. No it had to be something else and Scott glanced around to see where his wife was, perhaps she knew.

*I ain't reading their minds Hon,* Jean's thoughts popped into his head and he groaned softly.

*There has to be a reason they're acting so unusually!*

"Scott just relax," Jean smiled at him. "She said something about her attire for tonight’s celebration riding on the game. I have a feeling she's trying to talk him outta her loss."

"Maybe," Scott shrugged and grinned at his wife. "So did they tell you why they were doing all that stuff?"

"Rogue confessed it had to do with getting back at you for lumping her in with the others that night you caught them in the kitchen."

"What night? I don’t remember lumping her in with the other mall rats. Or did I just see them and jump to conclusions?" Scott declared with a chagrined expression at Jean’s silent agreement. "I really should apologize to her."

"Somehow I don't think you should do it right this minute," Jean whispered and nodded across the room indicating where Logan was sitting laughing at Rogue's pleading look.

Laughing softly Scott nodded, "You're right. They'd probably shoot me before I could get it outta my mouth."

"Probably rip you limb from limb is more like it," Jean laughed patting Scott on the shoulder and rising to head downstairs to get some work done in the lab.


"Please Logan, I mean its all that skin. All that deadly skin!" Rogue pleaded softly knowing Logan was relishing the thought of her in that green dress and little else.

"No, a deal is a deal. You promised you'd wear it if your team lost. They lost big time so you're wearing it!" Logan laughed at her perturbed expression.

"But I could make it worth your while," Rogue promised with a flutter of her lashes, one finger wrapping a lock of her white hair around it with a coy look!

"Really?" Logan grinned at her. "Come on baby, you know you wanna wear it! I mean you looked hot as hell in it!

"But all that deadly skin would be exposed! And not everyone is as smart as you are," Rogue looked worried at the thought of having someone touch her. The contact wasn’t what bothered her, it was the mere thought of having someone new in her mind until she could reclaim her mind.

"So? If these geeks haven't figured out to keep their distance from your skin then too bad. Besides the only one who's gonna be around you all night long is me!" Logan said with a sexy, hinting smirk.

Sighing Rogue crossed her arms across her chest and stared at him with an indulgent look, "You sir are incorrigible and need to get laid!”

"You volunteering?" Logan asked and Rogue flushed brightly before shaking her head and stealing a swig of his beer before rising from the couch the bottle wrapped loosely in her hands.

"I'm going to work on tomorrow's lessons. Like how to avoid betting with you when I know I'm gonna hate the end results when I loose," Rogue pouted softly as she hurried from the room, trying desperately to ignore Logan's gloating laughter.

"You know you love losing to me," Logan called before turning his attention back to the game that was on. He'd seen that awful dress Rogue intended to wear to the evenings celebrations and while it was a pleasant color it did little to showcase Rogue's figure. Nope he rather liked the idea of her wearing that snug, body hugging green dress with the tiny, almost minuscule straps that she'd wore for part of the evening two nights before.

Just cause she'd slept in her own room last night didn't mean nothing. It was after all her birthday, and she should get what she wanted - especially since she’d told him what she wanted most in this world was him!



Stepping out of her shower Rogue frowned slightly as she hurried to her closet. Jerking open the door she glanced through the hangers for the navy blue dress she had picked out for the evening and groaned when she realized it was gone, instead that emerald green number Logan had helped her into the other night hung in its place.

"Damn when will he give it up," Rogue muttered and shoved the hanger aside digging for something else. Anything else but that dress, it was sexy, slinky, highlighted her god-given attributes and revealed waaay too much deadly, life sucking skin!

"Hey Chica, how's it going?" Jubes' voice had her groaning.

"You seen my dress for tonight?"

"That blue number?" Jubes shrugged and grinned, "Yep its in the garbage. Logan shredded it.."

"He did what?"

"You decent kid?" Logan's husky drawl had Rogue flushing, Jubes nearly swallowing her wad of gum, and poor Kitty going stock still like a deer caught in the headlights.

"NO!" Rogue shouted as she grabbed for her bathrobe. Somehow it was different when he saw her naked, at least when she was sober.

"Tough," Logan said pushing the door open and glancing at both Jubilee and Kitty, "Don't you two have to get ready?” the low growl was enough to send both girls fleeing the room with matching looks at Rogue who merely stood there eying Logan.

“See ya Rogue,” Kitty called as she closed the door with a slight slam, her eyes darting to Logan then away as her face went red.

“You do realize that everyone figures we’re sleeping together?” Rogue asked tolerantly even as she grinned at him. With all the excitement the past couple of days she hadn’t gotten a chance to breathe, but she’d enjoyed it in a sick twisted little way. She was the envy of everyone of her classmates - the woman who got the Wolverine! Not to mention the way Scott and Jean seemed to be so tolerant of their little ‘plan’ to get even!

“So?” Logan looked her up and down, noting the matching towels wrapped around her head and body leaving him a lot of leg to look at and those perfect, pale, naked shoulders. “You brush your teeth yet?”

“Yeah, why?” Rogue looked skeptically at him. “What are you up to Logan?” Rogue frowned as she noted Logan pulling on a pair of leather gloves and shrugging out of his jacket and tossing it onto the foot of her bed to reveal a dark green silk shirt.

“Helping you get ready,” Logan replied all but pushing her into the chair in front of her makeup table and pulling the towel off her head. Tossing the towel aside he reached over and grabbed the brush, “Course if you breathe even a hint of this to anyone I will silence you forever,” he warned glancing at her in the mirror.

Rogue laughed at the warning, her eyes sparkling happily as she stared at the bad-assed scowl that marred his face. She might have been more inclined to believe him if he hadn’t been fighting a grin, if the get-the-fuck-away-from-me vibes hadn’t been absent from both his tone and posture. Meeting his eyes she swallowed, blushed and glanced away at the naked desire in his gaze, “Your secret is safe with me.”

The promise was spoken softly, the smile accompanying it a familiar one and Logan nodded even as Rogue reached up to squeeze his hand that rested on her shoulder. “So? What is the plan with this hair?”

“I haven’t figured it out yet,” Rogue admitted. “I was thinking up but then I realize all that skin would be exposed..”

With a brief nod Logan cut her off, “Okay up it is. You got some pins in that drawer?”


“Pins?” Rogue gaped at Logan in the mirror. The mere fact that he knew what they were called was startling enough to get her to forget about her skin.

“Yeah, it ain’t gonna stay up all on its own,” Logan grinned at her as she sat there studying him, a distant look coming into her eyes as she raced through his memories trying to figure out where he’d learned about doing hair.

“Where’d you pick this up?” Rogue demanded crossly, “It ain’t in your memories. Come to think of it you couldn’t even tell me what hair spray is called!”

“I used to read a lot,” Logan replied seriously. “Anything and everything when I realized I was a man not an animal. I’m ashamed to say that some of what I read had to do with hairstyling, and you’re right it isn’t in my memories. Its just like anything else you pick up and store in your mind. Like adding, reading, that sorta thing.”

“So the secret is revealed of where he learned how to do his hair. Don’t be ashamed of that part of you Logan,” Rogue whispered softly, a serious look in her eyes, “We’ve all got shadows on our souls. Some of us just have darker ones than others.”

“Yeah? You ain’t got any shadows of your own kid,” Logan replied gruffly taking a pin from the pile she put on the table.

Rogue smiled sadly, “Yeah I do. I’m no different than anyone else. I’ve done things I shouldn’t have, you weren’t the first ride I stole you know, just the first one that caught me.”

“I know,” Logan replied looking at her seeing the shadows in her eyes, knowing that she’d had it pretty rough on the road. “Whatever you did, deserved doing Marie, you aren’t a killer.”

Rogue smiled and shrugged her gaze darting to the top of her desk, “Yes I am. I took a life rather than give..”

“Hey,” Logan paused and leaned over her a familiar expression in his hazel eyes. “The bastard deserved killin’. When and if you decide you’re ready then you choose. Its your body Rogue, it belongs to you, not to some pervert who figures you owed him for a ride.”

Rogue glanced sharply at Logan, noting the understanding in his gaze, the knowledge of what she’d done to survive unscathed on the road and something there that she didn’t understand. Gratitude? It couldn’t be, but she saw it in his eyes and she found it confusing as hell. “You sound so sure Logan, so confident in that.”

“Like I said Rogue, you did what needed doing. You’re a survivor and nothing you’ve done is ever gonna change how I feel about you,” Logan paused, “Sometimes you gotta shed blood to heal a wound baby. Sometimes the wound runs so deep that letting it bleed is the only way to ease the pain, to heal it and the scar is just a reminder of what you’ve got. And sometimes you gotta sell your soul to the devil to keep your heart pure. A shadow is just that, a shadow baby. A little light and it disappears.”

“You are a very wise man Logan,” Rogue whispered making sure he knew what she meant with a soft smile.

“If you say so. Now then, shall we continue getting you gussied up?” Logan asked softly, a smile gracing his face. “Or would you like to debate the size of your shadows some more?”

Rogue smiled, pushing aside the darker conversation for now. She’d dwell on it when she was alone, when the memories that weren’t her own plagued her; for now she’d focus on what Logan was saying or doing.

~I know where you’re coming from kid,~ her Inner Logan drawled. ~I could smell it coming off you so strongly back in that bar. The fear, the loathing, the guilt, the innocence. It all added up to something I understood, I knew inside and out and that scared me..us. You were too young to have that kind of knowledge.~

*But why me? Why care about what happens..?*

~Because Marie, you don’t see the darkness like it’s the entirety of us. You see it as a part of us but not the whole. To you the Wolverine is the part of us that kept me sane, kept me from staying an animal, from surrendering to the violence done to me. Just as we don’t see your skin as the entirety of you; its part of you but not the whole. It isn’t that important to us, who you are inside is more important!~

Rogue closed her eyes letting the feel of Logan’s hands running through her hair soothe her. How long she sat there half dozing, half awake she couldn’t say but when Logan leaned down close enough she could feel his warm breath against her naked skin her eyes flew open and she stared at him in the mirror.

“Quit thinkin’ so hard,” Logan whispered softly, as close as he could get safely to her. “What do you think?” rising to his full height he stared at her in the mirror as she turned her attention to herself.

Gasping Rogue stared, her hair was up and yet there were curls hanging down around her face, sweeping across her shoulders and it looked like there was shimmer in her hair, “Wow! I should pay you to do this..”

“Seeing you in that green dress is all the payment I need,” Logan whispered softly before moving to the closet. “So get your underwear on girl, so we can get you into this gown.”

With a tolerant smile Rogue stood and hurried to her underwear drawer. Taking out the green silk stockings, thong panties, and garter belt she donned them quickly before holding out a hand to Logan for the gown, “Uh Logan..” she paused as he moved toward her, the look in his eyes as familiar as the rising sun.


“We are going to have to invest in a lot more latex,” Logan groaned as he slid a single finger down her face, tracing her jaw and throat and running over a shoulder. Taking care not to go where he really wanted, Logan stepped back and took the gown off the hanger. “Alright lets get you into this contraption.”

Rogue giggled, “You do realize that you’re gonna have to help me outta it later.”

“Now there is an interesting predicament,” Logan drawled sexily, his smile turning the heat up a bit. Taking care he slid the silk over her head, letting it pool around his hands as he brought it to rest at her shoulders before letting go. Turning her around he did up the fastening, adjusted the straps and stepped back to let her check herself out in the mirror on the closet door.

Rogue stared at the young woman in the mirror. The silk of the gown hugged her breasts, caressed them like a lover’s hands, rippling down over her abdomen to curve over her hips, shimmering and dancing in the light of her bedroom.

Even without makeup there was a sultry look to her face, her natural coloring highlighted only by the faint flush that had climbed her cheeks at Logan dressing her. Reaching a hand up she trailed the gloveless fingers over the silk encasing her body, feeling the heat, the simple touch right through it and relishing the impression.

“I look..”

“Like sin?” Logan suggested at her stunned whisper. “You’re gorgeous kid, you’re gonna knock ‘em dead.”

“This isn’t me though,” Rogue glanced at Logan in the mirror shock still in her eyes, “I’m not sexy like this. I’m just plain old..”

Logan smiled and pulled her closer, shifting against her and watching her eyes widen comically, “Trust me kid. You are this sexy all the time. Don’t matter whether you’re in jeans, or my sweats. You’ll always be sexy to me.”

Smiling Rogue nodded, leaning back against him, her head tilting back exposing her neck unconsciously. Feeling rather than hearing the faint purring rumble from Logan she shivered slightly, her breath hitching in her throat when she felt his hands settle on her hips, trailing up her body to rest just below her breasts.

“Come on baby,” Logan whispered softly, nuzzling the curls hanging around her neck. “Lets get this show on the road.”

With a slight nod, Rogue sucked in a breath and turned back to her dressing table. Five minutes later with her makeup firmly in place and a deep, wash of desire humming just below the surface she smiled at Logan and followed him out the door.



The main ballroom had been set up for the evening and Jean smiled softly at Scott as he frowned at a couple of the boys who were thinking of spiking the punch. Tucking an arm through his she leaned on him and waited, something telling her that Rogue and Logan would be a few moments late for the evening’s events.

“Hey Dr. Grey,” Jubilee’s voice had both Jean and Scott turning to look at the young Eurasian.

“Evening Jubilation. How are you?” Jean asked softly, a smile gracing her face.

“Good, lookin’ for Kitty. Ya seen her?”

“No, not since you went to tell Rogue to hurry up.”

“She’s probably hyperventilating somewhere. Logan kinda scared her a little when he showed up in Rogue’s room. He sure looked good tonight,” Jubes said glancing around hoping to spot Kitty.

“Logan was in Rogue’s room?” Scott frowned slightly, there really was no reason for the older man to be there.

“Yeah, something ‘bout helpin’ her get ready. Seems to me she wanted his kinda help she didn’t protest too much when he all but kicked us out.”

“That would be Logan,” Jean smiled and glanced up at the heated thoughts that seemed to swell around her. “Something tells me they’re here,” she whispered to Scott who glanced at the doorway and stared.

Logan stepped into the room with a dark green shirt, black jeans, cowboy boots that had been polished and his customary belt firmly in place. On his arm was Rogue - or rather someone who looked like her cause the woman with Logan couldn’t be the kid they all saw.

Her long hair had been curled and piled atop her head, loose tendrils hanging down to tease her shoulders, her bangs curled and hanging down past the straps of her gown. Her gown matched Logan’s shirt perfectly, sequined and floor length it hugged every curve, rustled with each step. The series of thin, beaded straps criss-crossed over her body looking very much like silvery threads that trailed over her shoulders to fasten in the back.

“Uh you don’t think she’s naked under it do you?” Scott whispered to Jean.

“Scott!”

“I mean without a body suit. That’s an awful lot of skin to be exposed, what if someone gets careless..”


“Lets ask her?” Jean suggested moving toward Rogue who was looking only slightly less comfortable than Logan did when he was stuck in the medlab. “So nice to see you two. Wow Rogue I love your dress.”

“Thank you,” Rogue smiled. “Holly gave it to me. You don’t think it’s a little much do you?”

“Fuck baby, if she does she’s blind as a bat,” Logan growled softly squeezing her gently.

“No Rogue, looks great on you. Did you get a new body stocking to wear under it?”

“No,” Logan grinned at Jean and Scott. “Way I see it everyone can use a little common sense tonight. No reason she should be all bundled up all the time. Everyone else can get wrapped up like a mummy for once.”

“I told you it wasn’t going to work Logan,” Rogue hissed stepping closer to him at the look Scott and Jean shared. “Nobody’s gonna..”

“And I told you, this is your night. If they can’t handle you being dressed like a normal, sexy woman it’s their loss. Come on, lets find a spot to sit and have a drink.”

Rogue smiled shyly at Jean and Scott and followed Logan’s prompts across the room. She noted the way everyone turned to watch her but couldn’t bring herself to mind. If she was being stared at then so be it. Besides nobody would have the guts to go up against Logan, least of all when it came to Rogue!

The soft beat of classical music filled the massive room as Logan smiled at Rogue who’d readjusted the straps at least five times in as many minutes, “You wanna dance?” he whispered softly, leaning close to her.

“Uh I don’t think I know how to dance properly..” Rogue admitted softly the soft beat unfamiliar.

“Who cares,” Logan grinned at her. “Just remember who you’re with and we’ll be fine. Think of it like we’re dancing at Holly’s.”

Laughing softly, Rogue followed Logan out onto the dance floor, moving against him easily as he pulled her close one hand resting on the curve of her lower back, the other holding her right hand against his heart. “Do you think Professor Xavier would be willing to play a request for us?”

“We can ask,” Logan replied softly leading her easily in the smooth two step dance they were doing.

“I told Jean why we were picking on Scott,” Rogue confessed softly, nuzzling against his chest as he spun her around the room easily.

“What did she have to say ‘bout it?”


“She laughed until she cried, then she laughed a little more. Said next time though to let her in on it so she could use her insider knowledge to help us. And she said thank you for the weekend as well.”

Logan chuckled and spun her easily, the slow beat of the music easy to follow. Pulling her closer to him he spun her around the floor again, and again ignoring the others easily. “She say anything ‘bout us gettin’ her drunk?”

“Her words were payback was gonna be a bitch,” Rogue whispered as Logan’s fingers traced designs against the silk on her back. Shifting into the caress she moaned softly, her eyes fluttering shut for a moment before she seemed to realize where she was.

“As if she could think of something that can compete,” Logan whispered softly, his mouth mere inches from her ear. Close enough she could feel his breath, the movement of his lips, far enough away that she could still feel safe - in control.

“Yeah I know,” Rogue whispered right back, her left hand curling up his chest to tangle in his hair, shifting so her lips were next to his whiskered cheek. “Still get a laugh outta Scott trying to explain away his first ‘package’.”

“You know, I just realized that we still have several pieces of sexy undies we didn’t use,” the soft realization drew a giggle from Rogue who ducked her head down so her forehead was resting against his jaw.

“Maybe we can take it back,” she suggested hoping he wouldn’t notice her blush.

“Naw, they’ll fit you. And they’re the ones that look like they’d be damn hot on your body.”

“Oh really and you know all about my body do you?”

“Slept next to often enough to know each curve. Where do you think those garters came from?”

Flushing slightly Rogue slid one slim thigh between his and nudged against his crotch, her mind wandering to how he’d looked in the shower. “I think that you’re gonna get in trouble with that line of thinkin’,” she promised.

“I’m hoping,” Logan drawled as the music came to a stop and Charles’ familiar voice echoed over the microphone.

“Alright, dinner’s served everyone. After cake we’ll get Rogue to open her presents.”


Sitting next to Storm, Jean smiled at Logan and Rogue out on the dance floor her green eyes following them closely. They’d been best friends forever, nearly lovers for almost as long, and she wondered what was stopping them from taking that next step.


Watching them she shifted, her gaze darting to her husband across the room as she recognized the desire, the foreplay going on between the mansions ‘primo’ almost couple. Hiding her smile she lifted her champagne glass to her lips and sipped, if they got any closer they’d be touching and neither seemed concerned.

“She looks happy,” Storm said softly glancing at Jean then back at Rogue and Logan. “Happier than she’s ever been.”

“They love each other,” Jean shrugged.

“I know,” Storm smiled. “I knew that the first time I glanced up to see him staring at her through the glass of my classroom door. There was such possessiveness in his gaze, but more than that, she knew! I saw her glance at him, saw the muted smile they shared, the brief nod. Sometimes though you have to deal with your own ghosts before you can move on.”

“If they get any closer they’re gonna be making love on the dance floor,” Scott muttered joining the two women. Despite the words, his tone was indulgent and loving as he settled next to Jean, “You come up with a suitable chastisement for them?”

Jean smiled and leaned back in her chair, “Oh yeah. A week in Maine, together.”

“How is that going to teach them not to mess with us?”

Jean smiled, “Logan isn’t going to be too happy I booked them into a spa.”

“Spa?” Storm chortled, “As in mud baths, facials..”

“Yeah,” Jean grinned. “And I’m gonna enjoy hearing about it when they get back!”

Laughing softly the trio turned their attention to Charles’s announcement, and the hushed buzz of the evenings meal. After the plates had been cleared away, the doors opened smoothly to admit a tall, slim figured woman who was rolling in a cart with a large, two tiered birthday cake sitting upon it.

“Oh boy,” Rogue muttered eying the cake enviously. “I hope that isn’t..”

“Chocolate?” Logan murmured, “With cherry filling, and whipped cream between the layers.”

“Oh God please tell me you’re joking,” Rogue flushed as she turned to him with a grin.

“Nope,” Logan grinned back at her, trailing a gloved hand down her nose, “As I live and breath it is. Course your real birthday cake is currently sitting in my room in my fridge so don’t eat a whole lot of this one.”

“Logan what did you do?” Rogue gaped at him as he shifted, grinning cockily.

“Made a phone call.”

Laughing Rogue flushed as everyone sung happy birthday to her before she cut the cake, handing out pieces until everyone had some. After savoring the slim piece she’d taken she reached over and snuck a bite of Logan’s just as the music started up again.

“Finish your cake,” she whispered softly. “I’m gonna go see what Kitty and Jubes are up to.”

“Probably discussing their latest trip to the mall,” Logan drawled but grinned at her indulgent expression. Watching her walk away he couldn’t help the smile that graced his face, she looked damn good in that dress. Not many women could wear it with the amount of grace and elegance that Rogue did. She made the dress, the dress didn’t make her.

“So you managed to talk her into wearing it?” Charles asked as he paused next to Logan who merely grinned at him and quirked an eyebrow.

“She’s wearing it ain’t she?”

“Did you speak to Scott about your little payback?” Charles asked softly noting Logan’s easy grin at the mention of his previous plan.

“Rogue talked to Jean, Jean talked to Scott. I ain’t gonna apologize Chuck,” Logan grunted easily. “He had it coming.”

“Just keep it to a minimum in the future,” Charles warned and rolled off toward the alcove where the band was stationed. Glancing over his shoulder he studied Logan easily, the man sat in his chair eating his cake, watching the crowd, on alert in case of danger. An awareness seemed to roll off his mind and Charles hid a smile, yes Logan was very aware of where Rogue was, just as he was very much in love with the young woman.

Casting his glance across the room Charles smiled at Rogue who stood a few inches away from Jubilee and Kitty talking a smile crossing her face easily. Despite the bare shoulders, and the upswept hairdo, the young woman looked at ease, looked relaxed. The dress definitely did something for her, if the appreciative glances from the young men in the room were any indication.

Turning to the band Charles made a simple request, slipping them a piece of paper and getting a nod and a smile. Turning he headed for where Storm and Scott were standing talking, their postures relaxed, at ease and Charles had to admit he was enjoying the evening more than he’d thought was possible.


“Wow girl, Logan was right. That dress looks fabulous on you,” Jubes said looking at Rogue seriously. “And the way you did your hair, man what I wouldn’t give for a man like him to help me get ready. Even if all he did do was sit on the bed and bark orders.”

Rogue smiled softly, secretively. Oh yes, Logan was a man who did an awesome job of helping her get ready. Raising a hand to her hair she patted the curls, before touching the silvery chain that hung around her neck. Despite being dressed for a formal she still wore his favor, the tags tucked away safely beneath her gown.

“Oh my god you’re naked!” Bobby’s shocked voice had all three women gasping at him before laughing.

“I am not..”

“You are. I don’t see a scarf, or a shear blouse or nothing over top that dress. All that skin..” Bobby trailed off eying the gown, and more importantly the woman in the gown.

“Bobby you’re drooling,” Kitty giggled as the song faded out to silence for a second or two.

“But, all..” Bobby stuttered and Rogue laughed softly.

“Logan thought it was a good idea,” she explained. “After all it is my birthday.”

“Uh huh,” Bobby jumped when St. John elbowed him in the ribs.

“You look great Rogue. Having fun?”

“Oh yeah,” Rogue smiled at the two young men, “Its going good so far...” her voice faded as she realized that the band had started playing a familiar song. Shifting she glanced over at the table where Logan was sitting. Noting the slightly shocked look in his eyes as he met hers she smiled. “Excuse me,” she whispered heading for where Logan was slowly rising from his chair.

“You get the feeling that this is something they’ve done before?” Kitty asked as Rogue walked up to Logan and paused. Watching as Logan offered his hand and Rogue took it, she nearly choked as she saw Logan lead her out onto the dance floor and pull her against his body. The slow beat catching them easily as they fell into the familiar dance.


Staring at Rogue, Logan forgot the others in the room as the song played. Despite there being no vocals, it was easy to recognize the tune. It was the same one they had danced to so many times after hours in Holly’s café, when the nights had gotten too much for them, when the need to escape their own lives had surfaced. So they’d gone for cheesecake and spent hours dancing to the battered jukebox Holly had, moving to the sultry beat of the tunes.

The feel of Rogue’s bare fingers on his silk covered chest brought a smile to his face and he pulled her closer, his hand splayed out over her waist, following the seam in the back as he swirled and twirled her around the dance floor.

“Havin’ fun?” Logan whispered softly.

“Yes,” Rogue whispered softly, her gaze steady, something in her eyes she refused to hide. Instead she ran her free hand up his chest to rest tangled in the hair at the back of his neck, careful to keep a respectable amount of skin from touching.

The easy play of music filled them, guiding their movements as the crowd faded completely, leaving just the two of them and the night. Spinning her away from him, Logan pulled her back in so her back rested against his chest, her head resting on his shoulder as they moved together, unaware of the attention they were garnering.

“Wow,” Jean gaped at the pair on the dance floor. “They’ve done this before.”

“Either that or she’s been focusing on his memories,” Scott agreed as Logan spun Rogue away from him, sending her skirt fluttering, revealing her legs for a moment before drawing her back in, his hand finding purchase on her abdomen, guiding her in the dance.

Dropping his head slightly, Logan left his lips mere inches from Rogue’s exposed throat. Close enough she could feel him breathe, could hear his soft whispers and moved her body easily, fluidly as they moved to the beat of their song.

Giggling softly when he dipped her as the final notes of the song led into the seconds of silence between the songs she tipped her head back leaving her throat exposed as his tags slid up her body to dangle nearly to the floor beside her head.

“Logan! Let me up!” the laughter in her voice had him pulling her back upright and into a tight hug before releasing her slightly.

The sudden awareness of clapping had both of them tensing and glancing around. Rogue flushed and dropped her head on his chest and Logan growled a scowl crossing his face as he realized everyone had been watching them.

“Damn,” Logan growled under his breath as he realized they’d been caught. With a slight shrug he gathered Rogue a little tighter, “Come on. Lets get some fresh air away from the geeks.”

Laughing Rogue hugged him tightly as he lifted her off her feet and nodded, “Air is good.”

“So you ready to open your gifts?” Jean asked smoothly catching them before they could make it to the huge french doors that lead out onto the patio.

“Sure,” Rogue smiled softly and glanced at Logan out of the corner of her eye before dragging him along with her to where Jean was pointing out a pile of gifts.

“Happy birthday Rogue,” Jean whispered handing her an envelope and a smile.


“Thanks,” Rogue opened the envelope carefully and pulled out the reservations for a health spa in Maine. Glancing at Logan who merely shrugged Rogue tucked the papers away and reached for another present.



Hours later Rogue was peeking down the hall to make sure that noone had seen her. Hurrying, almost running she darted down the well lit corridor and slipped soundlessly into Logan’s bedroom. The party was still in full swing downstairs but she’d had enough, especially since Logan had gotten pulled away by Scott and the Professor an hour before and none of the men had made it back yet.

Sinking onto the bed, Rogue began to untie the long laces of her heels and drop the shoes on the floor. Standing up she reached around back for the clasps on her dress and swore when she realized that they were out of reach to her.

“Damn fool, told him I’d need help gettin’ outta this thing,” she groused straining to reach the clasp unaware of the door opening soundlessly and Logan stepping into the room.

Smiling lovingly at Rogue, Logan walked up behind her and undid the clasp just as she froze. “Happy birthday kid,” he whispered dropping a quick kiss on her bare shoulders.

“Where’d you go?” Rogue whispered standing still as he undid all the clasps and let the silk pool at her feet leaving her in her lingerie.

“Appears Scott wanted to warn me about this notion that we’d do a repeat performance,” Logan said pulling her back against his body. “Didn’t want me to send him anymore ‘toys’.”

“Oh? Did you tell him..” Rogue gasped softly as Logan’s hands settled on her bare breasts.

“Oh yeah, told him I wouldn’t be sending him any more as long as he showed a little sense. We agreed on it, and I came up here,” Logan drawled relishing the feel of her in his arms, the soft whimpers coming from her lips.

“Good. Now you said something about cheesecake?” Rogue gasped as his hands slid down her body to trail over the lace of her garters.

“In the fridge,” Logan whispered softly. “You want me to get it?”

“Not...um... at the moment,” she gasped as his fingers trailed across the apex of her thighs.

“Good. You uh liked your present?” Logan asked thinking of the keys to her own Harley he’d given her.

“Yeah,” Rogue shifted against his hand, “But I want my other present now if you don’t mind.”

“What other present?” Logan asked innocently.

Turning in his arms, Rogue smiled at him and snagged the scarf off the bedpost, “You.”

Laughing softly, Logan shrugged, “Well then you better start unwrapping me baby, cause I ain’t doing it.”

“Uh maybe you should..”

“Got it covered!” Logan drawled holding up a bottle that had Rogue laughing her voice thickened with desire.

“You are brilliant!”

“I try!” Logan grinned at her and stood still while she undressed him. Standing naked before her, he uncapped the bottle and took out the brush, “Where to start..” he pondered before swiping the well coated bristles over her jaw, down her throat following the path of his tags to the valley between her breasts.

Minutes or hours later, Marie didn’t know and she didn’t care really she watched Logan take the bottle from her nerveless fingers and toss it aside and stand smiling at her. It only took moments for it to dry and she could clearly see the evidence of his desire for her growing, swelling. Shifting as the heat seemed to infuse her body, she closed her eyes, her head tipping back slightly as she waited, just feeling the cool night air on her exposed skin.

Feeling the heat of his touch over her naked body she gasped and glanced at him, seeing the naked desire and lust in his gaze. “This isn’t going to be like in our heads is it?” she whispered softly, “I mean..”

Logan smiled, putting a finger against her lips, “You tell me what you want. This isn’t about how I want to take you, this is about you getting what you want, what you need from me. I want to make love to you Marie. To mark you as mine with my hands, my mouth, my body. I want you to scream my name in ecstacy. This isn’t about me its about us.”

Rogue nodded, glad he’d understood her concerns even as she stepped closer to him and smiled slightly, a sadness coming into her eyes, “I really want to kiss you but..”

“Baby that’s why scarves were invented!” Logan replied pulling the scarf up and slipping it over her face before bending his head to kiss her gently at first, softly, tracing her lips with his tongue, teasing her with half touches and letting the moisture soak through the silk. Nipping at her lip, he exerted the right amount of pressure upon her mouth, forcing her to open her lips and darted in, taking complete control over the kiss even as he felt her respond. Growling a little at the way she arched into his body he licked at her tongue, dueling with it as he teased and taunted with his hands.


Pulling back when the need for oxygen made him slightly dizzy he dropped light kisses along her jaw, “God Marie I want you.” The muted groan was buried into her hair as he bit on her earlobe none too gently, relishing the shudder that traced over her.

“Hurry.” The single worded plea was enough to have him grabbing for the garter that she’d put on over her panties. Bunching it up he swore profusely. “Why the fuck would you wear this?” he complained as it tangled in his hands.

“It keeps my stockings in place..” Marie gasped and trailed off as she felt the unmistakable cold of adamantium against her bare flesh. “What are you doing?” She laughed nervously as she stared at the silvery blade running up the curve of her hip.

“Getting that piece of useless lace out of my way.” Logan groaned as he sliced through the sides of her panties leaving her garter in place for later. “Why?”

“As long as that’s all you’re planning on doing we’re good.” Marie said with a slight flush.

“Oh you were wanting something else?” Logan asked softly, his head bending to lick at the fine sheen of sweat on her body.

“Honestly.” Gasping for breath as her body burned, she arched into the hard angles of his body. “As long as it means y..you..you come in me,” She stuttered as his hand caressed the damp curls between her thighs. “I don’t care. It’s just I rem..me..bered last time.” The last three words were breathed as she squeezed her eyes shut at the sensations that coursed through her.

“Don’t stop Logan, please.” Marie whispered pleadingly as she felt his fingers comb through the tangled curls to slip stealthily into her. Moaning softly as she felt him part her lips and stroke her she arched into his hand, biting her lip and closing her eyes as she felt a warm, endless wave of pleasure roll over her gathering strength as it moved. With her head bent back she could feel Logan’s hot breath as it whispered across the damp trail left by his tongue as he licked at her breasts, going slowly as though to torment her.

Using his teeth as well as his tongue, he teased her breasts, tugging gently on her nipples making her moan and relishing it even as his finger moved slowly back and forth against her clit until she bucked against his hand her hands clenching his back almost painfully as she orgasmed.

Feeling the moisture of her reaction running down his hand he trailed it back up her, leaving a wet path of her moisture glistening on her already flushed skin. Trailing his dampened hand around her nipples he followed the path with his tongue, making her moan as she arched into him her breath coming in short, choppy gasps.


“Yessss.” The word was drawn out, hissed as he eased himself down her body, lowering one leg to the floor and holding her in place with a firm hand on her quivering abdomen. Following the same path with his tongue as he’d taken with his finger mere moments before, he kept her on edge even as he nuzzled at the dark curls that hid the secrets of her soul. Hearing her moan beneath her breath he grinned even as his tongue worked slowly along her, teasing, taunting her enjoying the way she arched into his caresses. Alternating between sucking and licking her tiny center of nerves he relished each response, each moan, each tremble and shudder, hoarded them desperately deep within his heart, unwilling to face why just yet.

The smell of her desire lured him even closer to the edge and he struggle with control, regardless of what was said or done he would never do something to hurt her. Feeling her hands in his hair he growled at the slight tugs, ignoring the brief pain, welcoming it even as a way to temporarily stave off the inevitable.

“Logan,” The soft, raspy word drew his attention even as he felt another wave of pleasure roll over her, tasting her on his tongue as her internal muscles contracted around him. Moving it he wallowed in her response even as she pulled a little more desperately on his hair.

“Logan.” A little more insistent, a little more desperate her command echoed through her body, vibrating along his sensitive senses until he shifted, moving to stand before her. Lifting her evenly with his chest he held onto her, as he dropped his head, unwilling to release her even as he kissed her, the feeling of her long legs wrapping around him driving him insane.

“Now.” Marie pleaded desperately her eyes glazed with lust and longing. “Please Logan, come in me.”

“You sure?” He gasped, his breathing just as ragged as hers, with her nod he moved away from her to the door, quickly sliding the lock into place before he turned and lifted her onto the bed and eased her down onto it. “I don’t ...,” he admitted softly even as she smiled wickedly and reached over to pull a familiar foil packet from the night stand drawer and hand it to him.

“I knew that, got ‘em delivered this morning.” Marie whispered against his lips, her body arching against the painful erection pressing back at her. Ignoring the little voice in her head that offered a weak protest she writhed beneath him, the cool air from the room a sweet torment against her hot flesh. Jumping slightly when he tore at the wrapper, shredding it under the force of his grip to be tossed aside she giggled at his fierce look a moment before all thoughts of condom wrappers went sailing out of her head.

A slight grin crossed his lips, something that warmed Marie even more as he bent his head to kiss her, his tongue licking along the seam of her lips teasing, tantalizing her until she opened for him and he slipped inside. Growling audibly as she suckled on his tongue, her tongue tracing his as she arched into the kiss. Feeling his hands trailing across her naked flesh she groaned softly into the kiss, her body trembling as he pinched her nipples making her breath hitch and a new lick of desire roar through her body to pool between her legs.


Frantically breaking the kiss she tossed her head on the crisp sheet her eyes glazed with a desperate need, lust and something that Logan hesitated to name. Staring down at her as he gasped for breath, one hand reaching out to trail through the platinum streak in her hair, curving over her cheek to trail down her throat pausing where he could feel the beating of her pulse before continuing onward. Trailing between her breasts, dipping teasingly into her navel to swirl around before sliding down her hip and trailing across one thigh and up the other, brushing against but never really touching the heart of her.

“Yess.” The whisper was barely audible, the normal ear wouldn’t have detected anything more than a slight sound but Logan heard it and smiled, as he bent his head to kiss her again, his finger sliding through the damp curls to ease into her. Taking it slowly, he teased her pushing her closer and closer to the brink with each move of his finger at it slid deeper into her, stretching and moving along the moist channel she longed to have filled.

“You...y..you’re killing me here.” She gasped as she arched into his hand, her head spinning, her breath coming in huge shaky gasps even as she stood at a precipice, ready to fall and knowing that he’d be there to catch her. “Please L..Logan..” The plea was accompanied by her clenching at his biceps, her face naked and filled with lust as he moved up her body.

Feeling the hard length of him pressed against the moist center of her, she squirmed longing to have more than just a tantalizer, longing for the ultimate possession. Closing her eyes as she felt him slide the head of his cock inside her she bit her lip at the feeling. It was like she was too full and yet it didn’t hurt really, any pain or discomfort was minimal as he moved slowly, pulling out and moving back in teasingly.

Arching heavily against him when he withdrew she gasped at the feeling of him sliding a little deeper into her and gasped at the way his hand went between them to continue playing with her clit. “Logan.” The whimper wasn’t a plea, it was more like a way of keeping herself rooted to reality.

Arching slowly into her, teasing her with his touch Logan growled softly at the tight, hot, wet feeling of her around him and the open response she gave. He could feel the slight tremble going through her body and grimaced as it made her muscles contract, rippling along his length.

Pulling out he thrust into her slowly, painfully. The next thrust was going to hurt like hell and he knew it, there was no other way to take her virginity no matter how much he longed for another way and yet he knew even if there was, he wouldn’t take it. A part of him was glad he was her first, as she was his. Oh he’d been with plenty of women if you can call having an emotionless fuck being with them, but Marie was the first woman he’d ever loved and he wanted her to feel only pleasure at his touch.

“Marie..” The soft whisper was half apology, half uncertainty as he thrust again, hesitating at the barrier that blocked him from full possession.

“Oh God! Yes Logan do it.” Marie panted wrapping her legs around him and arching up as he pushed down. Sucking in a deep breath she felt the searing pain and would have screamed if Logan’s mouth hadn’t been on hers, if he hadn’t already been teasing and tantalizing her body into forgetting the pain. As the pain faded another sensation came to the forefront, one that made her gasp even as he started to move, slowly at first then with increasing tempo until she was clinging to him just to have a point of reference.


Arching into his thrust she tossed her head on the sheets, her long dark hair tangling desperately as she inched closer to the ultimate orgasm, her breath coming in tiny little gasps, her body trembling even as she scratched Logan’s back desperately.

Moaning uncontrollably she relished the way he bent his head and took her neck, sipping from the hollow of her throat before moving on to her ears where he used his tongue to play with the hoops that hung from the lobes. Shivering at the sensations she could feel darkness closing in on her and moaned even as the night shattered. Like a thousand lights dancing behind her eyelid the sensations were nearly blinding even as the unmistakable sounds of someone whimpering filling her ears as she clung to Logan desperately.

“Oh God.” The prayer was heart felt and Marie wasn’t sure who had said it as she felt Logan coming deep within her, his essence streaking through her body like a river of molten lava only to have hear her name moaned over and over as he nuzzled into her neck. The feel of his hot breath on her neck was enough to send her into another tailspin, her body clinching around him as she orgasmed again.

Trembling, panting, desperate to catch her breath, Marie clung to Logan as they curled onto his bed. The dip of the mattress drew a muted moan of protest from her even as she heard Logan pad across the hard wood floor and go into the bathroom, the flushing of the toilet was followed by the sound of the taps coming on and a moment later, Logan reappeared with a warm, wet cloth. Taking care to be gentle, Logan washed her carefully. Cleaning up the faint traces of blood from her shed virginity, the unmistakable traces of their lovemaking before depositing the face clothe back in the bathroom and turning out the light. He closed the window silently before moving back to the bed and slid across the blankets, curling up next to Marie. Shivering as the night’s coolness washed over her she closed her eyes slightly even as she felt Logan pull the blankets up around them.

Nestled in the warmth of his embrace under the blankets, Marie sighed and slid into a deep, restful sleep, happy with the situation. “I love you Logan,” her whispered statement drew a smile as it filled the room a moment before her deep, even breathing.

Logan smiled as he realized what Marie had said before she’d fallen asleep, “I love you to baby, I love you to,” the soft whisper slipped past his lips before he shifted, curling closer to her and closing his eyes, yep this had definitely been a birthday to remember and he wondered how the morning would go. Would everyone figure out that they’d taken the next step or would they just keep going on like they had? Pushing his curiosity aside he sighed, letting the after glow from his orgasm slide through him and he slid into a deep sleep.