Author's Chapter Notes:
Things go from bad to worse for everyone and Marie and Logan get aquainted.
Thursday's were always the day things kicked off in the infirmary, exactly why she had no idea but it was *always* Thursday's. But since it was just after Christmas everything was much much worse. Sighing as she went around the high desk to find out just what the problem was in the main triage area. Her colleagues were there, they seemed to be trying to deal with someone who was in arrest but it was the rest of the room that suddenly made her skin prickle.
The silence, the absolute quiet, she'd never heard it this still. The people waiting for attention were laid higgledy piggledy, their faces a mask of red, the decay reaching her nose just as she saw the first of her colleagues turn and try to run toward her. The vision of his face beginning to melt away as the flesh peeled from the muscle beneath. As his hands touched her she tried to back away but her gaze was locked onto the dreadful sight in front of her. The rasping breath stopped quickly covering her uniform in a mist of blood sending it a dusky pink. The hands dropped away leaving her looking at his corpse at her feet.

Looking back at the man who'd been on the floor being aided by the resusitation team she watched him get up, brush his coat off and blow her a kiss. The way his skin shivered and moved told her he was a mutant, he'd killed all these people just by walking in here. She never saw him get away because her throat began to get tight as she moved toward the phone. She ended up being found holding the phone to what was left of her ear the quiet finally noticed by the rest of the small hospital. It would have been a relief for her to know that what had happened here was only the beginning. At least she was free from what came next, her body numbered and burnt in less than twenty four hours. After this nothing would ever be the same again.

----------------------------------------------------

When the news broke of the attack Hank was just dealing with the last of the gastro-enteritis sufferers. Anne was helping him down here, readjusting fluids and water balances in the bodies around her. Rehydration was important in gastro-enteritis and if Anne helped they would be able to leave within hours not days. The television they had on in the corner of the med bay flashed up with a breaking news bulletin. Turning his head to the screen what he saw made his blood go cold.

In three minutes he was in the office upstairs taking a call from Xavier, people were going to moved en mass. There was no time left to them, the attack had been orchestrated and they were a visable target with a high profile in the local New York community. It wouldn't matter what good they did locally because those that would come here wouldn't be local. It'd be people from the city, armed with whatever they could use and as for the police force they had enough on their hands just trying to keep order in the normal sense in the five districts. No they were on their own and Xavier made it clear that they should defend themselves yes but to make sure that they were only defensive attacks and to keep the live feed to the net running. That way no one could ever accuse them of attacking first.

Hank sent runners all over the mansion telling everyone to get things ready, to get possessions packed just in case they had to leave quickly. He just hoped he was upto the fight when it came down to it.

---------------------------------------------------

Richards was on his way to the leafy suburb oblivious until he stopped at a light. Then the noise coming from a bar held his attention for a while, the sudden stream of men that flowed out of the bar had the looks of trouble all over it. Snagging a man who looked like he'd just been shell-shocked he got the man's attention, "Hey what's going on?"
The man's eyes cleared quickly as the rest of the crowd dispersed, the anger flowing out with it across the city. "A hospital in the city, everyone inside is dead a mutant just walked in and killed everyone."
"What with a bomb?"
"No they said he just stood there laughing as the people around him began to die, they just melted when they got near him. The police shot him in the head on the tv." Richards let him go, the warehouse coming back to him, Chambers plan to cause panic and spread hatred had worked. Every mutant for miles around was going to suffer for this and pushing the little car into gear Richards shot forward across the now green lights toward the school, his mind hoping they had the tv on somewhere in there.
His mind filling with the face of Marie, her tear filled eyes following his progress all the way toward his goal.

--------------------------------------------------

Logan watched Marie move around the kitchen, her steps were light and her body graceful. She still had a little extra weight from the baby but it filled her out in the places where he knew she'd needed it. Breastfeeding was a tiring business and their son was growing well on it. Logan did feel a spike of jealousy as Marie lavished her attention on the small baby, smiling, talking and playing with the small child. Looking over at the small sleeping face, the wrinkles finally smoothed out by the fat under his skin, content and peaceful a smile stole over his lips and a heat grew in his chest.
"He looks like you," Marie had caught him watching their son, she never seemed to think he was a threat to her or the baby. Even when he didn't know what to think or do, she seemed to trust him even when he didn't trust himself.
"Marie," his voice took her by surprise and the smile it earned him was worth the effort of speaking. "How do you know?" She turned her head to one side as she finished drying the dishes.
"What do you mean Logan? How do ah know what?" He motioned to the baby before speaking again.
"That you can trust me with you," he moved and his blades slid free from his hands, her smile didn't move as she moved toward him. Dropping the towel on the countertop Marie wrapped herself around his waist, bringing herself as close she dared without frightening him. Feeling his breath deepen as she hugged him close to her, making sure he could see her eyes as she answered the question he'd given her.
"Because ah know you Logan, your up here," she tapped the side of her skull with her finger. She could see him listening to her, taking in what she had to say. "My mutation, it's my skin, when we ran into each other," she felt him tense up and her hands smoothed over his back settling the muscle she'd felt shift. Keeping his eyes on hers she continued, "Logan ah wouldn't change anything that happened to us, ah have you, a place to stay till spring, a happy healthy baby and for that ah'm grateful to God and everything else up there. My skin took what you are, when we touched ah got everything you are in a rush. It was as much as a shock to me as it was to you Logan, ah didn't know what would happen if ah held on to you. Everyone else ah'd touched ah nearly killed but you," her fingers came round to brush his face tenderly and she saw his pupils widen and darken as she did it. "You didn't die and ah can touch you, really touch you..." Logan didn't let her finish the sentence, when she'd touched him with her fingers something had snapped inside him.

He needed to touch her, to claim her as his and he couldn't wait any longer. Growling he pulled her to him, crushing her chest into his, one hand already going to her ass. Her throat made a purring noise as he bent his head to hers, meeting her mouth and forcing his way inside it. She'd kissed before, but they'd been boys her own age, nervous and unsure, Logan wasn't a boy and he knew exactly what he wanted from her.

His hand shifted to cradle the back of her head; letting her relax into the grip he had on her. She was wrapped up in his embrace, there was no escape from him, not that she wanted to. Heat was building in her body, her skin was on fire, his fingers leaving trails that itched with it. When his hand went under her skirt and straight to her sex she thought she'd die just there. His fingers pushed aside the cotton that seperated her from him and the deep rumble that filled her as he touched her made her ache for him. Spreading her feet she allowed him more access to her, chest heaving as he slid two fingers inside her already moistening channel. Her mouth forming words she wasn't aware of as he pulled away from her; watching her eyes glaze as she bucked in his hands. Her own fingers digging into his arms locked up in the sensations he was pulling out of her.

She wasn't a virgin, oh no matter what her mother had hoped for she wasn't a white bride any more. That honour had gone to a friend behind the bleachers back home and a world away. But this could have been her first time all over again with the amount of sensation Logan was filling her with. Her eyes caught his as he tweaked her clit between his fingers making her bare her teeth to him as the rush filled her skin, making it prickle. She didn't even have time to settle down before he had his head under her skirt. Gripping the countertop for support as she heard the tearing of her clothing, looking down to see Logan shred her skirt and underwear away with his hands. His claws firing to shred his own jeans open to free himself, the sight of them making her own heartbeat jump higher. When he stood up again he gripped her tightly and slid himself home inside her, spreading her legs wide so he could control her movements against him. Wrapping them around his hips as he ground himself into her, her arms going around his neck bringing her breasts into his face. His voice growling out to her as he moved inside her, "Open it!" Understanding Marie opened her blouse to him, unhooking the clasp so she was free to his gaze and mouth. Watching as he latched onto one already sensitive nipple and suckled with his tongue. The pressure in her breast sliding up as he forced her to feed him as he fucked her. As soon as her flow started she felt him swallow her down; the sight of his large head suckling from her making her hips ride him harder. The pleasure from his tongue and lips nothing like the babies suction, she was so close to coming, just a graze against her clit would do it and she pushed herself down to meet his thrusting groin. Gripping Logan's head to her breast as she fell apart around him, feeling him release her she looked down into his face. The look in his eyes was one of ownership, of completion, of unity, she was his now and he was hers.

He couldn't help it, he needed her, wanted her, he'd been restrained in his actions,in his movements around her. He'd been so careful not to spook her, not to hurt her in any way. Yet when she'd said she had him inside her already, it snapped something inside him and he'd just reached for her. Letting instinct take over, letting his body do what it wanted to do to her, showing her he needed to touch her, hold her, taste her, keep her.
When she'd let him suckle he'd felt himself twitch inside her tight body, she accepted him, all of him, he was just as important as the baby to her. As he felt her inner walls crush him, he tore his mouth from her breast, catching her gaze and telling her everything in the basest way possible. Hoping she'd understand as he pushed toward his own climax, feeling it for the first time in his memory. Being part of someone who wanted him, needed him, cared for him, maybe even loved him.
Marie still shifted her hips on him as she fought to finish, her lips latching onto his neck and worrying the skin there, feeling his pulse quicken and his grip tighten on her. Her whispered voice finally sending him over the edge, her words filling him with heat. "Logan come in me, please Logan ah'm yours, sugar please."
When he finally erupted inside her it felt like he was pouring his insides out into her willing body. She gripped him tight to her, her mouth whispering things to him that he heard but didn't really comprehend. Soothing things, happy things, touching him as he came down, gently getting his attention back to himself.

Looking at her flushed face she smiled from her soul and just kissed him gently. Holding her close as she kissed his face, covering him in the love he didn't think he deserved. Showing him it had been alright to touch her, to fuck her, to love her physically, that she wouldn't break or be afraid of him. When the tears started she just held him tighter, her hips rocking against his again, bringing his mind to the body he still had in his arms, that wanted to be there. She didn't stop the tears but it didn't matter, she made him feel her this time, allowed him to touch and explore her body as they moved together as one. And when they finally peaked soon after each other they did it as equals, as a unit, bonded. Taking her to bed and returning with a still sleeping baby he wrapped himself up in them both, a little more settled than he'd been before and Marie a little more sure of the man she was with.