Author's Chapter Notes:
Things begin to move in the outside world and not everyone is what they seem.
The car slowed to a halt, the shabby building was just like any other in the district, it was only if you knew what you were looking for that you found the sign inscribed in the brickwork.
Chambers smirked to himself, the mutant underground was quite well known to him, hell he'd even supplied some of the cells with weapons. The sign was an 'M' or a 'B' scored lightly into the mortar that held the bricks together. The one on this building was obvious, someone wanted people to know about this one. Smiling to himself he checked the gun he was carrying and the several plastic weapons he had secreted about his person. Eric wasn't the only one who could play games.

Richards had followed the small stream of mutants back to the place, there were some humans but they weren't going of their own free will. Rope was tied around their hands and their knees were hobbled together making running impossible. They were quiet, very quiet as they made their way into the building, Richards following his curiosity peaked by the sound of voices cheering.

Inside the view was one out of a different era, the main room was filled with a metal cage, the bottom of it made up of grills that were open to the sewers below. Inside a man bigger than he'd ever seen was killing another. The cheering was loud in his ears as one of the men who'd been brought in was untied and thrown inside. The brute inside the cage just turned from the corpse that was in his hand to the fresh meat that was trying to push at the walls in desperation. The cries of the man tore at his heartstrings, the thug that had beaten up and more than probably killed mutants was going to be given a lesson. A permenant one. He turned his face away from the roaring and screams that filled the vaulted room, his gaze lighting on a suit. The unusualness of it making him narrow his gaze on the man, waiting patiently as the man in question turned round.
Tanned skin, dark hair pulled back in a severe style, shaved neck, cold dark eyes that flickered around the room never still for a moment. The little half-smile that had always remined him of a snake that had just bitten you but you didn't know it yet.

Chambers.

What the hell was the presidential aide doing here? Everything began to make a sick kind of sense when he saw exactly who Chambers had been there to meet, an elderly man wove his way through the screaming crowds. The silence that followed his wake crept around the entire room. It even reached him in the rafters making everything even his breathing seem like a hurricane. The grey headed man turned his gaze to the now feasting beast in the cage. The remnants of the human were being devoured raw, the soild voice that rang out across the depths of the room shook Richards to the core.
"My Brothers! The time of our deliverance has come! After tonight there will be nothing that can stop us, we shall wheel over those who have tried to destroy us. We will use their own weapon against them, only we, The Brotherhood Of Mutants will survive this purge, we will find the lands we need, the resources we need to live free, to build the world we need to thrive and grow. Tonight we shall bring the war to them!"

The roar that sounded out shook the building with it's force and Richards watched the old man's progress to the cage. Saw him produce a syringe levitated it and threw it full force at the mutant inside the cage. The giant didn't even register the prick but as another human was manhandled into the cage a sick smile broke onto his face. Moving to the side as the human was forced inside his voice once more rang out to the rest of the crowd. "Watch my children, my brothers, watch!" His voice came down a few notches and Richards saw the giant walk toward the human cowering in fear. He didn't do anything but lift him up and breathe on him, the effect was slow but it was hard to see from his vantage point. The man being dangled seemed to thrash in the giants grip as if he was suffocating. Blood began to trickle down the mans face as something ate at the very tissue of the man. Richards quickly pulled his face upward out of the drafts that circulated the air, whatever he'd been injected with was airbourne. The older man's voice raised high as the corpse of the man was dropped to the cage floor still twitching. "We have the power, everyone we breathe on will crumble and fall! With this power within us no one will stand in our path, we shall be VICTORIUS!" Slipping into the shadows and back out of the building Richards knew just what this would do to the world outside.
War would be declared on any mutant found; death would walk the streets cutting a swathe through the population but if he knew Chambers like he knew Chambers there wouldn't be anyone left to enjoy the new found space. he'd thought Magneto was a bad guy but it was nothing compared to his own side.

He had to find her and that meant going to New York, to the one place he'd been avoiding upto now. The Mutant School, Xavier's wasn't it? Maybe she'd found her way there, it was a long shot but it was all he had to go on and it'd have to be enough. Peeling away from the rooftop and scuttling back down the side of the building Richards kept an eye on his back as he left the shabby quarter. His eye taking in the slick car that had brought the presidents aide, he only hoped someone somewhere had his head screwed on properly and knew what was going here. But the coldness in his stomach told him that that was more than likely an impossibility. Chambers was well known for tying loose ends personally and he almost felt sorry for Magneto because when the end came it wouldn't be pretty.
-------------------------------------------------------

They'd been quiet all day, Logan had done more small jobs around the cabin while she'd been trying to figure out a way to start talking to him. Finally she'd just come out with it. "Logan how much do you remember?" His hands had stilled, he was currently finishing a crib for their son. His gaze had met hers quizically but he hadn't answered her; she carried on, "Just that ah'm having memories that aren't mine. You're the only one that's touched me Logan so ah have to assume that they're yours." She had his attention now, he'd dropped the tools and was walking over to where she was seated on the soft sofa. He sat next to her in it's patterned warmth, their son sleeping between them.

"When ah have them ah'm somewhere in Germany ah think. Sometime in the last war, there's a man with glasses and ah'm locked up in a cell. Logan ah think it was World War Two, you were kept a prisoner somewhere. I think someone did 'things' to you." The look on his face fell into one of despair as soon as she said she'd been having his memories. He looked like he wanted to bolt but his eyes kept dropping to their son who was murmuring in his sleep. She knew he couldn't leave them both alone here even if he wanted to, it went against everything he was. But the words she was trying to tell him were harder than his instincts and she saw his beginning to shift in his seat.
"Logan we need you." That was all it took to settle him again, the solid look he was giving her made her blush from the heat of it. All this time they'd been sleeping together but he'd never made a move on her and she'd never touched him either. It was if an accord had been agreed on without either of them ever speaking a word but now it was time she got out into the open just how she felt about all this.

"Look Logan, ah know you didn't expect to be lumbered here with me and a baby. When we were in the lab ah never expected to get out there alive, never mind here with you. It's just as weird for me as it must be for you, even more so for you though; at least ah had time to get used to having a baby."

She watched his eyes change through the emotions that were running across them. From anger when she spoke about the lab to calm when she mentioned the baby. His hand reached out toward her face, the touch of his skin on hers still unusual as they both went to bed clothed just in case. They even gave each other space when they showered, Logan always waited outside the room when she went in. Holding his son as she cleaned off under the water, all the intimate things she'd thought would come along weren't there. Even eating he made sure she was fed first then he ate, seperately.

As if he was keeping a distance between them on purpose, as if he was expecting her to run away from him as soon as she could. Clearing her throat she let her body enjoy the touch from his skin, her voice whispering to him as he touched her. "Ah'm not goin anywhere without you Logan; as ah've said we need you. Both of us." His touch was making her bold, the warmth of his palm on her cheek made parts of her sit up and take notice. Her breasts began to feel heavy and it had nothing to do with feeding their son. Closing her eyes to the touch and the feelings that were building inside her she leant into his hand. The rumbling purr that echoed from Logan as she did it made her breath hitch, as if on cue her son opened his eyes and gurgled. Both of them dropped their gaze to the now wide awake baby that was beginning to fret when his demands for food weren't being met. A wry smile seemed to pass over both of their faces making Marie laugh out loud. "Well looks like it'll have to wait till later, someone's hungry."

Logan began to get up to leave her alone to feed him in privacy but she snagged his arm. "Stay with me." She could see he was unsure but he sat back down, picking up their son Marie shifted around so she was resting in Logan's lap, her back resting on his chest. Like she had when she'd been giving birth; unwrapping her top she bared her breast to the already searching mouth of her son. As he began to feed Marie settled back into the solid warmth behind her, she could feel the rumble of his breath on the back of her neck. Shifting closer she felt his body reacting to her closeness, taking his hand she put it on her hip and left it there. Dropping her head backward into his shoulder she saw the darkness there in his gaze. Knowing he was torn about touching her the way he wanted and needed to, she solved the problem for him. "Ah'm not goin to break sugar. You can touch me if you want to." She lifted herself so he could see her own need for him in her eyes and body, "Ah need you to, ah want you to touch me."
He held her gaze for what seemed like hours before he pulled her back down into him, bracing herself again as she switched breasts. Feeling the deep rumbling change into a purr she remembered from the birth. Smiling Marie let herself rest for now, tonight things would be different, especailly now they had a crib for the baby. He hadn't trusted the one that had been sent with them and he'd made one out of wood for them both. Looking at it she knew their bed would be free for them to move in from now on and just the thought of it made her smile.