Author's Chapter Notes:
Week 16.
Logan was having a calm night, for once. His dreams were filled with Marie’s face, her laughter, the feeling of her skin under his fingers. Pleasant dreams, really.

But then her voice broke into his slumber.

“Logan? Sugar, wake up, please?” Perfect stage whisper.

Logan blinked warily. “Wasong?”

“Nothing.” In the near-darkness, he could just barely make out her blush. “It’s just... I’m hungry.”

Logan groaned and rolled over to his stomach. “You know how to get to the kitchen.”

“We don’t have anything I like.” Getting whiny now.

“There’s the phone, order pizza.”

“I don’t want pizza.”

“What do you want, then?”

“Chinese.”

“Order it.”

“I wanna go to Chan’s.” Her hand at his neck, and his resistance was melting away.

“Darlin’, it’s...,” he cracked open one eye. “Four in the morning. I don’t think Chan’s is open.”

“Sugar... please?”

Groaning into his pillow, he reached out and fished for his shirt. “Fine.”

“Goody!” And she bounced out of the bed with a display of energy that no one should have at four a.m.

_____________________________________________________________


“God, thish ish what Heaven musht feel like.” Marie sighed deeply around a mouthful of chow mein, looking positively orgasmic.

Logan cocked an eyebrow. “Heaven feels like cheap Chinese take-out at five in the morning?” He grinned. “Gonna go to Hell, then.”

“Sugar, you have absolutely no idea how pregnant women feel.”

“Tell me about it.”

“It’s like... when you haven’t had a beer in a week.”

“Oh.” Logan stared down at his plate for a minute, then said, “When you need something, anything really, just tell me. Okay?”

Marie smiled softly before stuffing a roll into her mouth. “Shure.”


End of Chapter 4