Author's Chapter Notes:
The X-Men in suspense.
“Why are they so quiet?”

Jubilee pressed her ear against the wooden panel that covered the wall. “I don’t know... D’you think the baby’s here?”

“Maybe.” Kitty scratched her nose thoughtfully. “Do you think they mind if I take a peek?”

“Kit-Kat, sometimes you’re darn thick.” Grinning, Jubilee tapped Kitty’s head. “Our girl Rogue told me how the Professor would block Dr. Grey’s ability to read her, so somehow I believe they want to be left alone.”

“Hm.” Kitty sighed. “Don’t act like you’re not dying of curiosity.”

“Curiosity killed the cat, girl.” Jubilee popped her bubble gum, winking at her friend. “And this cat sure as hell don’t wanna die at the hands of the Wolvster.”

_____________________________________________________________


“Maybe I should...” Storm gazed out of the window thoughtfully, tapping a finger against her chin.

Hank poured himself a glass of milk and sat beside her at the kitchen island. “Maybe you should, what?”

In answer to his question, the dark clouds outside lightened, and tiny white specks started to fall, soon covering the mansion’s grounds in a fine layer of snow.

“A December babe needs an elaborate welcome, don’t you think?” Storm smiled serenely as the snow continued to fall, and Hank toasted to her with a grin on his face.

_____________________________________________________________


“I am going insane.”

Scott rolled his eyes. Occasions like these, he was more than happy that the glasses offered enough cover so Jean wouldn’t notice his annoyance. “Honey, you should sit. It won’t help anyone if you drive yourself crazy over this.”

“But what if she’s dead? What if the baby is dead? Or, if she haemorrhages? And Logan doesn’t realise it could kill her? Or...”

“Jean. Calm down. You work yourself up like this, you’ll lose control over your power.” He rose, offering an embrace. Jean accepted gratefully, her frustrated sigh showing how much this really affected her. “Logan knows when things get out of hand. He wouldn’t let either of them die.”

_____________________________________________________________


// Chuck? //

// Yes, Logan? //

// She’s here. //

// Congratulations. I assume Rogue is alright? //

// Yup. //


Charles smiled. Even in his mind, Logan kept it short.

// And, Professor? //

// Yes? //

// Would you mind keepin’ it to yourself for a while? Rogue’d like some quiet time. //

// Of course. //
He gave a mental chuckle. // Although Jean can hardly wait to see how it went. //

_____________________________________________________________


“You sure, darlin’?”

“Yeah. It’s not stopping, I... I need your help.” Marie looked down at the ever so slowly growing pool of blood between her legs. “There are other ways, but it would be quickest...”

Logan nodded and leaned forward, catching her chin with his gloved hand. “Gives me an excuse to do this.”

She sighed as his lips touched hers, enjoying the wonderful five seconds it took her skin to react. Then he surged into her, filling her head with feelings and memories not her own, and she drew back, placing a steadying hand on his chest. She could already feel how her new powers repaired the damage. Smiling, she looked down at the small babe suckling at her breast. “Looks like she’ll outdo her daddy when it comes to healing ability.”

He grinned, still a little woozy. “Women.”

_____________________________________________________________


“Bobby, sit the fuck down. You’re making me nervous.”

Bobby was pacing the hall in front of Rogue’s and Logan’s room, looking more like the father in the waiting room than the ex-boyfriend. He was so nervous he kept freezing the carpet, which led to a couple of very interesting acrobatic moves. He turned to Jubilee in a flourish, almost falling over from his momentum. “But what if something’s wrong?”

“Then Logan would sure as hell not be sitting in there anymore.”

The door opened, and Rogue stuck out her head. “Could you two be quiet for about two seconds? I have a baby in here.” She grinned.

“Oh my God!” Jubilee was on her feet and hugging Rogue like there was no tomorrow before the brunette had even blinked. “Oh my GOD! You have a baby! You’re a mommy!” She grinned from ear to ear. Then, as though on second thought, she put Rogue at arm’s length, looking her up and down. “Are you okay, girl? Shouldn’t you be in bed or somethin’?”

Rogue smiled. “I’m fine. I had a little problem earlier on and Logan lent me some of his powers. All is peachy.” She squeezed Jubilee’s hand, smiling at Bobby. “You can all calm down now.” She turned back inside. “Would you mind keeping mum about this for a while? Logan's not really up to par right now, and she’s sleeping everything off.”

Jubilee giggled. “Mum. Neat.” She winked at Rogue. “Sure. You go and get some rest, sweetie.”

After Rogue had closed the door, Jubilee clapped Bobby on the back. “Wanna come with me and see Dr Grey’s face when she hears that we know something she doesn’t?”

End of Chapter 11