Chapter 2: Molson?

Two Weeks Later

It was the shrill ringing of the telephone that startled him awake early one Saturday morning, rousing him from a deep sleep, filled with dreams of a naked Marie.

Lifting his head from the pillow that still carried her sweet scent, the faint wet splashes echoing from inside the bathroom had Logan waking up in an all together different sense of the word.

Marie’s husky voice filtered out from beneath the bathroom door, “Sugah? Would you get that? Ah’m sorta…indisposed.”

Logan groaned at the distinctly dirty images his mind was conjuring up and rolled out of bed, padding softly in all his naked glory towards the kitchen to answer the still-ringing telephone.

“Yeah?” He growled into the receiver, smiling at hearing Marie’s snigger from the other room.

“Mr. Logan?”

Logan sighed audibly and rolled his eyes. Better not be another of those damned telemarketers again. “Who’s askin’?”

“I’m calling on behalf of ‘Molson’s Canucks spotlight’.” A timid voice answered with a forced gusto.

“What the fuck is that?”

“Ahem,” the woman cleared her throat uncomfortably. “Your girlfriend, uh…um, R-Rogue, entered a contest a few months ago and her name was drawn. You’ve won a trip to the Vancouver Canucks’ training camp this weekend.”

Logan lifted an eyebrow. “Oh yeah?”

The woman on the line quickly affirmed herself, “Uhh...That’s--that's right! You’ll have the opportunity to play hockey with some of your favourite NHL players and watch them as they play a live game.”

“That so? Well, who’re they playin’?” Logan was starting to feel a little excited at the prospect of meeting some of hockey’s greats and watching them kick ass. It had been a good five years since he’d last been to a game.

“Uh…well, the Canucks are going to be playing…uhhh…”

Logan sighed into the phone as a pair of warm, pale arms slid around him from behind.

“Who’s that on the phone, sugah?” Marie queried, her words blowing soft breath against his earlobe, making him shudder with pleasure.

Logan turned slightly to face her and greeted her with a kiss. “It’s the beer store. They said you won a contest you entered a coupla months ago, baby.”

Marie seemed puzzled for a moment, her nose scrunched up in thought. Leaning down to rub his nose against hers, he saw a strange light dawn in her eyes before the confusion creasing her brows melted away. “A contest? Gosh dangit, sug, what are the chances, eh?" She giggled nevously.

He didn’t have time to wonder at her strange behaviour as a thought suddenly occurred to him as he turned to look out the window: “Hey lady, can I bring someone along?” He knew how much Marie also liked the Canucks and they’d have fun together in B.C.

“No, I'm sorry.” The woman responded quickly. “The trip is just for you, Mr. Logan.”

Marie’s fingers danced around his bellybutton and he could feel himself hardening, all the blood in his body rushing south, as her fingers crept downwards. “Logan, go ahead. Ah won that trip for you, so you could do somethin’ fun, just the guys, ya know?” she murmured against his back. “Ah don’t mind, honest. And Jubes and Kitty were plannin’ on poppin’ by this weekend to say ‘hey’ and check out our place. And Ah know how much you’d just looove to see them.”

Logan leaned his head back against her shoulder and grinned like the Cheshire cat, passion-filled hazel boring into her eyes, “You sure yer okay with this, baby?”

Marie brushed her lips against his forehead and gave his rump a gentle pat. “Yeah, Ah’m sure, Logan. Now answer the woman--tell her you’d love to go.”

Logan growled and swatted Marie’s hand away from his backside before straightening and switching the phone to his other ear. “What’d you say about Molson sponsoring this thing?”

-x-

“Logan sugah, I’ll be fahn. It’s only two days and Jubes already called this mornin’. Look, the car’s already heah,” Marie smiled brightly, one arm wrapped tightly around Logan’s waist, trying to act casual and allay any suspicions. He glanced outside the door of their small cabin in the woods and noted that the car was indeed waiting for him.

Cupping her jaw in his hand, Logan turned Marie’s eyes to his. “I want you to be careful, darlin’.” Pressing her lips to his stubble-covered chin, she started to reassure him, but he stopped her. “Darlin’, I know Jubilee and Kitty’re comin’ up to stay with you, but that kinda just worries me more.” She pouted and his eyes twinkled mischievously.

Marie smirked. “Ah promise to be careful, honeybun, don’t you worry now.” Grinning that crooked grin of his, a faint blush staining his cheeks, hands filled with his girlfriend’s sweet curves, Logan growled before leaning down to capture her lips with his own, plundering her soft mouth with his own, their tongues duelling heatedly.

Pulling away from each other, Logan studied Marie’s face, memorizing her features. Marie simply smiled back at him, careful not to let her eyes alert him to her clever little plan. He’s suspicious enough as it is, the Logan in her head reasoned, no need to let the cat out of the bag.

Looking into his eyes now, Marie couldn’t tell what Logan was thinking, but she breathed a sigh of sweet relief when he hefted his duffel over one shoulder, leaned down for one last kiss, and halfway out the door, pointedly reminded her not to open the door to strangers and especially not when Jubilee arrived, before walking out to the car.

Marie chuckled, leaning against the doorway in her cozy flannel robe and waving as the car sped off. Logan was gonna be so surprised.