Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Obviously, Wolvie and Rogue are not mine, nor are the X-Men, in general...which, of course, saddens me greatly lol. I'm also not the CEO of TLC, and therefore, the show 'While You Were Out' also does not belog to me, so no infringement intended there either! Just lovin' the show over here lol. Hope you enjoy the fic!
Chapter 1: Making the Plans…

“Hi…yes, ah’ll hold…” Sitting at the kitchen table, Marie tucked a loose strand of auburn hair behind one ear and absentmindedly tapped her foot along with the song playing on the radio. The walls all around her were bare, plain, devoid of any colour, any style—well, except for the varying shades of brown, Marie amended, rolling her eyes. Logan’s idea of flair was so…well, natural.

Stifling a yawn with her free hand, Marie glanced around her home. She and Logan had been living in this little cabin in the upper reaches of Saskatchewan for close on three months now and even though she loved the remote area and the privacy afforded by the cozy bungalow, she craved a little modern elegance, a little colour, a little more… furniture.

Sure, she missed living at the mansion sometimes, missed her friends and the kids, but she'd give anything to stay right where she was. This was her home, now. And anyways, Jubes always called at least once a week to update her with the latest gossip. And, by god, she still couldn’t get over how Jack had managed to two-time Rhonda and Kitty without either of them having any clue. At that point, Kitty had stolen the phone to give her own account of the incident, ending off by hinting that Xavier had sent Logan and herself a little house-warming gift.

Marie missed the professor, too—missed his warm, welcoming smile and kind eyes. He was one of the few people, next to Logan of course, with whom she’d entrusted her deepest, darkest secrets. Life on the road at such a young age had been hard to say the least, and even now, she still carried a lot of emotional baggage she’d much rather cut loose.

But what she missed most was every-day life at the mansion. No two days were the same. Sure, she’d had a regular day job—well, as regular as having a class filled with wild mutant teenagers could be—and she’d enjoyed it. There were the nights spent out with the team, fighting ‘the forces of evil’: the FOH and the brotherhood, but also…planned nights and hunky-dory group-outings. It had all been Scott’s idea—obviously, the Logan in her head reminded her, only One-Eye would come up with such a crummy idea— for the X-men to go out bi-monthly and spend some bonding time together. Riiiight.

She smirked suddenly, delightedly, her mind’s eye conjuring up a mental image of Logan. Obstinate as usual and seated amongst strangers at the bar that night, his eyes devouring her slender form, clad only in a sparkly halter and a slinky leather skirt hitched high on her hips. Her lips curled at the memory of calloused fingertips pressing into her skin, tracing the length of her spine...making her shiver despite the warmth of the morning sunlight.

She’d never been so sure of herself, of him, as she’d been in that moment. His desire had been palpable even through the thick haze surrounding them, but she’d felt something else entirely when those brown and gold-flecked eyes had caught and held hers. She’d been more than impressed the following morning, when she'd awoken sprawled atop his chest, fingers tangled in his curling chest hairs, his arm locked tightly around her.

On the morning she and Logan had piled their belongings into their jeep, Xavier had wished them a safe trip and reminded them of the home they’d always have at the mansion.

Three months of living here and the only pieces of furniture they owned were an old, worn sofa with some crappy blue and orange floral design—they’d purchased it from Mrs. Harper, a little old lady from town with smiling blue eyes and the best damn peanut butter cookies Marie had ever tasted—a kitchen table and a couple of chairs, a dresser, and their bed, of course.

-x-

The first time she’d brought up their desperately needed renovation-situation, Logan had been watching a hockey game.

Taking a decidedly blunt approach, Marie had stood right in front of the TV, arms crossed, and demanded they take a trip to the Home Depot two towns over. Logan, petulant at having his view of the game obstructed, had agreed to ‘do whatever the flamin’ hell'—his words—'she’d wanted just so long as she moved out of his way’.

Patting herself on the back for a job well-done, Marie had plopped herself down onto the couch, snuggled up next to him, took a sip of his beer, a handful of pretzels, and settled in to watch the remainder of the game, arms and legs curled around his warm body.

Marie giggled suddenly, remembering the way Logan had cursed a blue streak when the Rangers had scored that over-time goal, knocking his precious Canucks out of the playoffs.

To make a long story short, come morning, Logan had denied ever agreeing to anything and then proceeded to make her forget about anything and everything for the rest of the afternoon.

-x-

The second time, Marie decided to be a bit more cunning.

Peeking her head out of the bedroom, where she’d gone to finish reading her trashy romance novel in peace, Marie eyed Logan’s large, well-built form sprawled out on that rinky-dink couch. God she hated that thing. Watching the way his chest rose and fell in the comfortable rhythm of sleep, Marie let her eyes trail down the long length of his body. She’d get him this time.

Donning an emerald green satin negligee and opera-length gloves, she tip-toed over to the sofa, sat close beside him and smiled naughtily while running gentle fingers over the rapidly-growing bulge in his tight jeans.

With a low groan, gorgeous hazel eyes slid open, soaking up the sight of the smooth, warm body above him. The corners of his sexy mouth curled and when he looked like he was about to say something, Marie offered him a teasing come-hither look and placed a gloved finger-tip against his lips. “Uh-uh, sugah.”

Lids drooped to half-mast, Logan breathed in sharply, inhaling the scent of warm, scantily-clad woman, his woman. He watched, aroused, as she lowered her soft body against his, pressing gentle kisses to his chest and moving lower. The tops of her firm, white breasts peeked out from beneath the low neckline of her gown, tempting him, taunting him. His cock on fire, Logan growled low in his throat.

Hauling her sweet body up the length of his body, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close, “Mmm…M’rie…” Marie gasped at the feeling of large, hot hands cupping, groping the generous swells of her bottom.

She stopped just inches from his face, her sweet breath warming his lips. She smiled coyly, eyes sparkling with ill-concealed yearning. “Logan sugah, can I ask you somethin’?”

Hazel eyes, cloudy with desire, met hers. “Hmm?”

Smiling, Marie leaned closer, snuggling into his warmth, and pressed a soft kiss against his sideburn, “Can we go shopping tomorrow?”

He didn’t answer her, but clutched her smaller frame closer to his body and began nibbling along the sensitive line of her shoulder.

She moaned, feeling her entire body turn to mush, but she was determined to see this through. “Please, sugah. I really want to go into town tomorrow. Can we? Pleee—”

Before she could further argue her point, a pair of sly swashbucklers had snuck their way down past her waistline, setting a blazing fire at the juncture of her thighs. “Logan…don’t—don’t change the—the subject…oh mah gawd…”


Well, it’s kinda obvious how that turned out. Bastard’s damn good at what he does, heh.

“Anywho…huh? Oh, yes, ah’m here. Still holding, haha…Right. Yeah, ah’ll hold...” The clock on the wall proclaimed it to be 11:30 and darting a quick glance out the window, Marie sighed and set to biting her nails. Gross habit, yes, but a damn hard one to get rid of. What was taking these people so long, anyways? Logan would be home any minute now. “Come on…come on…pick up. Pick. Up!”

“Hello, TLC, how can I help you?” It worked! She grinned.

“Hi there, ah’d like to sign up for ‘While You Were Out’…yes. Mhm…ah do…ah did. That’s right. R-O-G-U-E…um…Logan. Yes. Perfect. Cool, okay, thanks! Bah.”

The door slammed shut just as Marie hung up the receiver. “Hiii! What’d you bring home for lunch, sugah?”