I stand here and watch as two of the most obstinate, self-reliant people have a ‘discussion’. Oh I know I’m being immature to stand here and watch the action without at least trying to stop this one way ticket to hell from being used but…I have to admit is rather humorous.

Hell if you were in my shoes, you’d be trying not to laugh to. Maybe I should tell you a bit of the background so you’ll understand where I’m coming from. It started three years ago. I can remember the day so clearly, everyone was outside enjoying the warmth of the summer sun when I heard it. The dreaded sound of a motorcycle engine roaring up the driveway.

My head as well as everyone else’s whipped around to the slim, two tone hair, kick-ass attitude woman laying soaking up the sun through a full bodysuit. She didn’t even blink. Not a sign of life to be seen as the engine died. Amid murmurs from the student body I turned and watched the cat-like stride of the man coming around the edge of the building.

Logan still wore the same battered leather jacket, his jeans were still painted on, and heavy boots protected his feet. What was different however, was the gloves. I watched him pause, his gaze scanning the crowd before he walked or rather stalked over to the lounge chair décor that hadn’t moved at his arrival.

It was like slow motion when he stopped over her, blocking the sun. She tilted her head slightly, a frown crossing her face and all she said was. “Logan, you’re blockin’ my sun.”

I swallowed uneasily, fear clutching at me as he growled a low warning. To which she merely smiled and kicked a towel off the end of the chair. “Take a load off.”

I swear everyone just about fainted when he merely grunted and walked away. So we walked around on pins and needles for three days until it happened. The big climax that we’d all been waiting for.

I remember the time much more clearly than I remember the place. It was exactly 2:03 am, when I was awakened by a loud bang. I sat up in bed and glanced around, only to stare in shock at my husband who was staring at the wall with all the pent up rage that a spoilt two year old would have when his favorite toy was taken away.

“What?”

“How long is he plannin’ on doing that?” He grumbled angrily.

“It’s Logan, as long as he wants to I guess.” I muttered and laid back down. Snuggling up against Scott I closed my eyes, intent on getting more sleep. I had just dozed off when the banging started again. After twenty minutes of it I got out of bed, grabbed Scott’s robe and headed for my neighbor’s door.

A hard pounding on his door only got me a dark growl when his door cracked open, and I started at him. “Keep it down. Some of us need sleep.” I ground out and stomped back to my room.

Now, I have to say, if I had known who was in that room with him that night I probably couldn’t have been pride away from the door with all the powers out there. But I didn’t, and by the time I realized what was going on beneath our noses it was a little too late for indignity

When? You ask me when did I know?

It’s a bit hard to pin point a moment in time. There were plenty of signs, long lingering looks, swollen lips, nightly jaunts up and down the hallway. Trips away from the mansion. But the exact moment I knew that some hanky-panky was going on? Well I have to say when she came to me a week after their return. You see they had taken off up north, been gone for about six months and I must say she glowed when they got back.

I digress though. I was in the med lab, tending some tests that I’d been doing when the doors opened and she strolled in. Her hair had been cut, her clothes were a bit baggier, and yet she moved with a grace that few women ever achieve. Still, I wasn’t too sure what she was after.

Let me tell you though, if someone you think you know walks up to your desk, looks you dead in the eye and says that she needs help. ASK first. Don’t just agree. It wasn’t even a month after our little talk that Logan showed up in my space and looked at me with this frown on his face.

Impatient, I merely glared at him. “What do you want?”

“Rogue needs you upstairs.” He ground out and flexed his claws. Huffing a breath I followed him, anxious to get whatever I needed to over with so I could finish my work and go to bed.

I am a doctor. I have seen everything there is to see with the human body. I am in no way jealous of another woman’s curves, nor do I feel the barest hint of desire at seeing a naked woman, but I have to admit I was beyond shocked when I saw the inside of Logan’s room.

The massive bed was stripped bare except for a sheet, the crinkling of plastic telling me that there was a cover under it. Rogue’s clothes were folded neatly on the dresser, a stack of boxes and bags decorated one corner of the room but I didn’t even get a chance to see them.

Instead the minute I step into the room, Logan’s grabbing me by the arm and dragging me into the bathroom. I think, Rogue’s fallen, or she’s got a stomach flu or...I tell you my mind went completely blank. Sitting in a bath-tub filled almost to the brim is a woman who looks like she’s ready to scratch my eyes out, her full breasts floating in the water and a very rounded, very obviously pregnant belly rippling beneath the water.

“I TOLD YOU…!” She screamed at Logan.

“And I told you, we’ll do this as much as possible. You’re the one that wanted her here.”

“I don’t need a doctor,” she moans, “I need you.”

If the shock of seeing Rogue on the verge of delivery wasn’t enough, Logan gets down on his hands and knees and all but crawls across the floor to hold her. They communicate in soft whimpers and growls, Logan whispers something to her and she nods.

Five minutes later I’m kneeling on the cold bathroom floor, Rogue in front of me on a large towel as I examine her. I can tell from their thoughts, their emotions that they think there’s a problem. Still it isn’t until Logan’s claws snapped out and he growls that I get the picture.

Moving back as quickly as I can I stare at them. Trying to reassure them as much as possible I tell them she’s dilating nicely, that everything seems to be okay, and that there doesn’t seem to be a problem with either the birth or the baby. The next thing I know I’m standing in the hallway in slacks that are wet on the knees holding blood streaked latex gloves and staring at a door I don’t anticipate opening any time soon.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I was in no way scared that they’d hurt me. It just struck me as funny that no one knew. Not even with my sense of telepathy did I know that Rogue and Logan were lovers. Which isn’t to say that I’m happy about I, I’m not. I just couldn’t help but wonder why they never told anyone.

So I kept my council, went back to my tests, and tried to forget that the object of my fantasies was with another woman.



That was two years, three months and ten days ago. That was two beautiful little boys ago. That was my daughter ago. Today, today I’m watching Rogue chewing Logan out about something and I wonder about it.

Taking care not to draw attention to myself I open the door and step out onto the patio. From here I can hear their words, feel them more closely.

“Damn it Logan, I told you to pick up my prescription but you just didn’t listen did you? Now I have to go back on that awful stuff you poured down my throat the last time. I hate that bitter shit.”

“It’s good for you.”

“If you like it so much, you drink it.” She’s all but screaming at him, her finger poking him in the chest and I wonder what exactly he forgot to pick up. “I am not enjoying this. If you didn’t want to pick up the pills you should have just picked up the rubbers. For Gods sake Logan, do you think that Chuckie wants another one of us runnin’ around? James and Charles aren’t exactly the tamest of kids you know.”

Logan chuckles and pulls her flush against him. “That’s why we’re moving. Now, you go get some rest cause tonight you’re gonna wish you’d listened to me.”

“Stupid, egotistical, sperm-maker.” Rogue mutters as she walks by me. She pauses and looks at me with the worst black look I have ever seen. “And you, why can’t you be like any other on site doctor and carry contraceptives, hmm? You’re obviously not taking care of the needs of all your patients.”

I bite my lip and let her disappear inside before I turn to Logan and eye him curiously. For someone who’s just gotten chewed out by his wife, he looks pretty darn cheerful. “What gives?”

“She’s pregnant.”

“How do you know?”

“Same way as I knew before.” Logan drawls walking toward me. “Smell. She smells like baby powder and milk…same as you do.”

Stunned I watch him disappear inside, where I can hear his twin boys racing around. I wince at the sound of something breaking a moment before utter silence. It’s the silence that draws his words back to my mind.

Standing in the warm autumn sunshine my eyes open as wide as saucers and I swallow painfully. Scott is going to have kittens, we made a promise to each other no more surprise pregnancies…and I’m on the pill.

“LOGAN I’M GONNA KILL YOU!” Rogue’s voice fills the air around me and I glance upwards. I offer a quick prayer that this time, the mansion will survive this, because I’m not so sure that Logan will.