Charles watched carefully to see what the small group of men would do. He didn’t believe that his team couldn’t take them, after all only two were mutant but still. It was common knowledge that these people were a lot rougher than he was used to having in the school and he refused to do anything to irritate them and possibly endanger the students.

“I would like to assist you in any fashion. How can I be of assistance so that this conflict can be resolved?” Charles started.

“Don’t; don’t start that whole I’m your friend approach.” Piotr snapped closing the door behind him. “You knew what she was doing. You had to. You’ve known everything that happens here for so long, I don’t believe you didn’t know.”

“Are we back to that?” Jean huffed. “She’s gone; you got what you wanted…”

“Don’t talk to me!” Piotr rounded on Jean and glared at her. “Don’t stand there and act all wounded. We both know you would have gladly let her die if you thought you could’ve gotten away with it! You think I’m an idiot? You think because I’m big that I’m dumb? Wrong. I’ve done more with my time than you can think of. You sit around and pick and choose who you want to rescue, do they have a mutation? Are they dangerous? Can they fit into society? If you don’t think they’re worthy than you don’t give them the time of day!”

“Piotr calm down…” Charles started.

“I’ll tell you all about us. These men are specialists. They take out the targets that normal methods can’t. They kill for a living, and I work with them. We’re a team. You’re just some used up piece of society trash!” Piotr ground out. “Angel’s never done anything to you, and yet you despise her. Despise everything she’s ever tried to do and why? Because the people she helps don’t stand up to your standards! You seemed to like her well enough when she was here for that stupid fundraiser you held, but when you saw what she does, who she is you can’t stand her!”

“Oh really, and you think screwing a whore is the way to go?” Jean rolled her eyes. “She is what she is, you can’t…”

Piotr moved so quickly that no one had time to intercede when he armored up and slammed Jean into the wall. “You watch your mouth, or it’s gonna get you in trouble. Angel’s a hard working, decent, caring woman. You don’t have the guts to do what she does, not now, not ever. I’d rather spend the rest of my life working for LFAA than ever set foot in this place again. Be warned. Stay away from us, or I’ll personally deal with you. And I take a great deal of pleasure in hurting those that would hurt my Angel.”

“Be realistic Piotr, sooner or later you have to face the facts.”

“I don’t care who Scott’s fucking, or what your grudge is! You choose to be the way you are, a self-centered, malicious person. You wanna know what I see when I look at you, at her? Two very different people. Two different females. I see a woman who’s comfortable with being a woman when I look at her, I see someone who understands that there’s more to life than appearances, whose at ease with her sexuality, with her ability to be sexy. You’re trying too hard to be sexy, to be a woman…and failing miserably.”

“PIOTR!” Charles gasped in shock as he glanced between them.

“I’m done talking, Professor Xavier. Done trying to understand and be generous and forgiving. You have no idea what its like, do you? You sit there in that chair and look out over things with rose colored glasses on and forget those that have to pay for your sins. I’ll take the gutter trash over you any day, at least with them I know what to expect.”

“Piotr that’s unfair. We don’t pass judgment…” Storm started.

“Yes you do.” Dropping Jean to the floor, Piotr turned and stalked toward the door. “Mount up; I want a full break down of all the intel you managed to get on Elise’s boss.”

“Uh boss, he ain’t exactly in good shape…”

“Tell it to me on the way. I need a long hot shower to wash the filth of this place off me.”

“Seriously, there ain’t much to tell.”

Piotr glanced at Bulldog with a dark look. “What are you getting at?”

“We told you we’d take care of it,” Bulldog declared. “We took care of it. His wife and daughters are going through the system, relocation was the only option. He’s gone.”

“I want a detailed breakdown. We aren’t in the habit of pushing things under the carpet,” Piotr ground out as he stalked through the corridor. “I will not risk him reappearing to endanger those kids, or Angel any further…”

“He’s dead.” Bulldog grabbed Piotr’s arm as they stepped out into the warm sunlight. “We had a couple of cleaners go in and remove the blood and such from his home before his family was even out of Pandora’s place.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Piotr glanced at the men staring at him. “Does this have something to do with the Alpha team?”

Bulldog exchanged a worried glance with Deke before shrugging. “The Alpha team isn’t the one you’re thinking of. It’s a special team, put together of some of the hardest, most dangerous men and women within the network of rescued kids. Angel doesn’t know about us, doesn’t know just how much we keep from her. If she knew it would destroy her.”

“Then why would you…?”

“Because, if we didn’t do what we do it would kill her. Angel takes the death of one of her kids so badly, we’ve all seen her. She either spends two days getting drunk or adding another inch to those damn tattoos. She doesn’t need to spend her time beating herself up over losing a life. We give back ten-fold what she offers us. It’s the only way we can do this.” Tinker drawled. “The Alpha team, is run by Bulldog’s shadow corporation. By that I mean, he has a couple of apartment buildings that he runs. They house people we’ve taken in, rape victims, battered and abused women and kids. Angel never failed us, we failed her. We couldn’t walk back into real life. We’d seen too much, had too much done to us.”

“Get in the trucks. We’ll discuss this when we get home.” Piotr snapped, shocked beyond words at what he’d been told. “And you will tell me everything. Every detail, every safe house, and every penny you spend. Right down to the amount of underwear you purchase!”

“Sure boss man,” Bulldog shrugged. “We’ll tell you everything, including details you don’t wanna know.”

“You have no idea what I want to know.” Piotr slammed the door on the Jimmy and started the engine. It was looking like a very busy, very long day and he didn’t know if he was going to like the outcome!