The massive brick and mortar structure did little to impress or intimidate as four newer, dark vehicles rolled to a stop in front of it. The doors opened as the occupants slid out into the sunshine of late morning.

“What do you wanna do?” Bulldog turned to Doc, an eyebrow jacked up.

“I need to speak to Piotr or Angel if she’s conscious. I need to know exactly what we’re dealing with. The only way to do that is for one of them to come out here, or for us to go in there.”

“We go in.” Bulldog declared checking the chamber of his .45 semi-automatic hand gun. He glanced up at a startled gasp to see a small, delicate looking girl staring at him. A moment later she darted away, stumbling into the building and slamming the door.

“Trouble?”

“For them maybe.” He replied and started up the steps. “Beta team, remain here. If we need your assistance, I’ll signal.”

Emily nodded and glanced at her teammates. The residents would never know what hit them, and she had no intention of lessening the shock. Leaning back against the fender of the suburban she crossed her arms over her chest and waited.



Charles glanced up sharply at the sudden sensation of controlled violence. A glance around the room revealed his pupils deep into the studies and he shifted in his chair. A moment later the entire room stared at the door.

Charles assessed the giant in the doorway. Well over six foot five, the man easily topped three hundred pounds, yet he was lean and wiry. His barrel chest stretched the material of his shirt easily, and he smirked at the stares. Charles swallowed uneasily as the man shifted, resting the barrel of a shotgun on one shoulder, the other hand gripping the door.

“What is the meaning of this?” he demanded angrily, the shock receding slightly.

“Y’all got something of ours and we come to collect.”

“I assure you I don’t know…”

“The red-head where is she?” Doc demanded pushing past Bulldog. “The one I spoke to earlier.”

“Earlier?”

“Yeah, Wheels. You know about this tall, green eyes, a bitch with a capital ‘T’.” Witchdoctor drawled sarcastically. “If you don’t know where she is, we’ll be only too happy to look.”

“Why do you wish to speak to her?” Charles sat up proudly. “She is one of our treating physicians and…”

“Don’t try to sell her to us, we want to talk to her. Now as I said, either tell us where to find her or we’ll look.” Witchdoctor snarled. “And we ain’t exactly house broken…if you get my meaning.”

“Kitty, please run and ask Dr. Grey to come here.” Charles said softly.

“Yes sir.” Kitty slipped out of the room.



Hank glanced up at the sound of heavy steps in the hallway. Putting down his glasses he walked over and opened the lab doors. Stepping out he swallowed at the gun pointed at his skull.

“Where is she?”

“Who?”

“Angel? Or Piotr.” Deke demanded. “I won’t kill you as long as you take me to them.”

“Piotr’s with Angel, this way.” Hank gestured down the hallway. He punched in the security code as the doors swung open and stepped back only to grunt as he was shoved into the room along with his kidnapper.

“Hey bossman!” Deke shoved the blue furry man across the room and stalked over to where Piotr sat next to Angel’s still form. “How’s she doing?”

“Good. Stable.” Piotr frowned. “What are you doing here?”

“Doc came by earlier this morning to get you and got turned away.” Deke said looking over Angel. He’d never seen her in any light but the steady, strong woman who fought tooth and nail for the kids she’d elected to save.

“Doc was here?” Piotr glared at Hank. “Why wasn’t I told? What good would come of turning…?”

“I had no say.” Hank started. “Jean had already turned him away by the time I was able to interfere.”

“Stupid bitch.” Deke ground out. “Angel able to be moved?”

“She’s stable but she needs to be monitored. She’s far from healed…” Hank started.

“Our doctor can monitor her from our facilities. Where are those release forms you doctors love to hang onto?”

Hank moved over to his desk and pulled out the paperwork. “Please understand, I’m doing my best to care for her.”

“Sure you are.” Deke grunted and moved toward the door. He turned slowly to glare at the large doctor when there was only a slight beep followed by a metallic sounding click. “What was that?”

“Security lock.” Hank admitted.

“Unlock the door.”

“If I don’t?” Hank glanced between the two men uneasily.

“I’ll rip your heart out.” Deke replied calmly. “If he doesn’t beat me to it. All we want is her, nothing else. We wouldn’t even be here if you’d let Doc in this morning!”

“One moment.” Hank moved over to the key pad and punched in the security release code. A moment later the door swooshed open and he glanced at the pair. With an ease that startled and amazed him, Piotr lifted the young woman even as the strange man took the IV bag and held it up as they started through the doors.

“Thank you.” Piotr whispered. “For everything.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Which way?” Deke asked as the doors slid shut.

“This way. Once we’re upstairs, you’ll have to take her outside. I’m going to have a chat with a certain red-headed bitch.”

Deke grinned, “Fraid you’re gonna have to get in line. Seems the Alpha Team decided the same thing.”

“Alpha team?”

Deke shrugged. “Lets get her loaded into the van and I’ll explain.”

The ride in the elevator was silent and quick. Piotr stepped out and headed for the front doors, followed quickly by Deke. He glared at Kitty who eyed him cautiously but didn’t make a move to stop him as they took Angel out to the waiting vehicles.

“She okay?” Emily asked.

“Doc still inside?”

“Yep.”

“I’ll send him out. You take her to the shelter. Keep a low profile and don’t stop for nothing.” Deke ordered calmly.

Emily nodded and crawled into the van, to start the engine with a graceful twist of her wrist. She glanced in the rearview mirror and sighed, as the doors were shut. The tall, dark haired man that had smoothed sheets over Angel’s body seemed level headed but there was so much emotion within him.

“Well?”

“We’re just waiting for Doc then we’re outta here.” Emily glanced at the mansion. “We’ll leave the boys to play.”

Witchdoctor nodded and leaned back in her seat. “Remind me to have a chat with Bulldog about introducing us to new Enforcers.”

Emily chuckled, “Lets get Angel home.”

“Yeah, then we can pace the floor in style.”

The van shifted and both women glanced behind them to the familiar figure pulling out a black bag. “Doc?”

“I need to assess her closely. Please take care when driving but get us there as quickly as possible.”

“Fast and safe.” Emily nodded and put the van into gear. “Alright, lets get this show on the road. What about the guys?”

“Piotr said they’d be along later. I think he’s a bit upset.”

“He really loves her, huh?”

“We all do.” Doc replied and bent to his work. Frankly, he didn’t even want to think of what Piotr would do about this situation, he’d heard how deadly the tall man could be when it came to hurting Angel and he felt a bolt of pity for Xavier’s doctor.