Angel paused in the open doorway of her suite and stared. The room had been covered in candles, and a gentle romantic music played softly. Standing at the foot of the bed was a silver bucket full of ice, with a long necked bottle sticking out.

“Piotr?” She called, closing and locking the door.

“Hey baby,” Piotr stepped out of the bathroom, a pair of black pants pulled on, his chest and feet bare. “How was the meeting with the real estate agent?”

“Good. Seems she made an error in figuring.” Angel dropped her coat and purse on a chair and smiled at him. “Got the brownstone for less than what she said last time.”

“How much less?”

“Ten grand.” Angel giggled softly, “Seems the owner figured that a loss that big wasn’t so big. I have the paperwork notarized, the keys and we can move in as soon as I can get the place cleaned out.”

“Congratulations.” Piotr smiled at the excitement in her voice and moved to hold her. “Now then, lets celebrate.”

“What do you mean? How did you know that I got…?”

“I didn’t.” Piotr admitted softly. “I had other plans for tonight.”

“Oh?” Angel giggled softly, “You and your plans.” She let him pull her blouse off her shoulders, watching the pale silk fly across the room to land on a chair. She shivered at the feel of his calloused fingertips on her skin. Moaning softly as he traced over her tattoos softly, following the delicate lines.

Her breath hitched as she felt him press hot, open mouthed kisses to her back, his tongue darting out to lick at the ink marred flesh before moving down. Every muscle in her body tensed when he pressed a kiss to her lower back, a few inches above the crack of her ass.

“Shh, it’s just me.” She felt more than heard Piotr’s soft whisper as he moved along the faint scar, pressing kiss after kiss to it. It had been a long hard road, and she was still a bit uneasy with him exploring that part of her anatomy, but she trusted Piotr not to hurt her. Forcing any bad memories from her mind she focused instead on the soft, loving caress of Piotr’s fingers against her.

Stepping out of her skirt and lace panties she shivered as he lifted her into his arms and started for the bed. Tonight was about them, about closing the world out and she was determined to enjoy it. Pressing a kiss to his lips she groaned as he deepened it, welcoming the love he showed.


Piotr blinked groggily at the soft knocking on the door, before he glanced down at the woman in his arms and sighed. Rolling over he checked the digital clock and groaned. With a shake of his head, he crept from the bed, pulling on a pair a sweats he stalked over to the door and opened it a crack.

“What is it?” He muttered angrily.

“Bethany called, said she’d drop off the evidence tomorrow.” One of the older boys said. “Said some guy was sniffin’ around the house to.”

“I’ll get Angel to talk to her tomorrow. She’s sleepin’ at the moment and I’m not about to wake her up.”

“You ask her yet?” He asked.

“No, not yet. Kinda got a bit sidetracked.”

The young man chuckled, “With a woman as fine as that, I’d get sidetracked to. Night, Tin-Man. Good luck.”

Piotr closed the door softly and turned to find Angel on one elbow, her blue eyes steady on him. “I was hoping to avoid waking you.”

“I’m a light sleeper,” Angel whispered. “Come back to bed. It’s still too early to get up.”

Piotr smiled and walked back to the bed, shedding his sweats he slid under the covers and rolled over to pull her closer to him.

“What did Joe want you to ask me?” Angel whispered sleepily.

“Wanted to know if I’d asked you to marry me yet,” Piotr replied already slipping back into sleep. “Told him not yet.”

“And why the hell not?” Angel punched him on the shoulder. “That’s what this was about wasn’t it? You were going to propose tonight.”

“Well yeah,” Piotr flushed slightly. “But there’s so much going on I…”

“Listen, you thick headed male,” Angel stared at him for a moment before grinning like a fool. “YES! Yes, I’ll marry you!”

Piotr rolled, pinning her beneath him and stared down into her face. Happiness and peace danced within the blue of her eyes, and a smile rested upon her face. “What about the kids? What about the organization? I don’t want to see you throwing it away because of some noble idea that…”

“Do you want me to quit?” Angel whispered hesitantly.

“No. I want to keep doing what we’re doing. I want to build an organization that’s even bigger than we are in. I want to offer more than just a moment’s fix, I want to work with you to solve the bigger problem. Instead of just pullin’ kids outta the gutters, I wanna build something that shows that they don’t have to step into ‘em at all.”

“Good. Then let’s do that.” Angel whispered softly, “Right after we figure out how to get that bloody brownstone up and running.”

“I have a pretty good idea.”

“Let’s talk about it tomorrow.” Angel whispered cupping his jaw, “Right now, I want you to make love to me until we’re both too tired to even think about talkin’.”

“You’re wish is my command.”


Logan groaned at the faint sunlight that crept across the room, disturbing his sleep as he sat up. A glance to his right told him, Rogue still slept soundly and he slid from the bed. Stalking barefooted across the room he stood at the window and stared out over the bustling morning.

“Mmm, Logan?” Rogue’s voice had him turning to stare at the woman in their bed.

“Right here, baby. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Rogue crawled out of bed. “Just not used to sleeping in this bed. Do you think we should go see Angel? Maybe she’ll find us a place, one close to the operations.”

“I thought about that.” Logan admitted pulling her in his arms, her back pressed against his chest. “I think we should get a place in that brownstone she was after. That way we could be there in case of trouble. It’s a large place, I’m sure we could make a reasonable apartment outta a room or two.”

“I’ll put it to her.” Rogue sighed. “You still upset about the X-men and their reaction to what happened?”

“No. They had no idea what went on in that place, no idea what life is like for those that don’t have a lot of options, a lot of money. I’m not worried about it.” Logan replied. “Come on, lets get some breakfast then we’ll go over and see Angel.”


Twenty minutes later, Logan unlocked the door of his battered truck and held it for Rogue. A soft sound behind him had him whipping around to stare into the dark eyes of a young woman he’d met a couple of times before.

“Bethany, you’re up early.”

A sad smile crossed her face, “Here.” She held out the dark green plastic container with all the evidence. “See that Angel gets it.”

“Where’s it from?”

“The last take down. Took it from some guy.”

“Tell me you didn’t break the rules.” Logan growled. “Angel is unbending when it comes to turning tricks.”

“I didn’t turn a trick.” Bethany shrugged, “Got an itch scratched, and managed to get the goods all at the same time.”

“Who was he?”

“Didn’t get his name. Wear’s red glasses though. Didn’t even take ‘em off when we got into bed.”

Casting a glance at Logan, Rogue sighed. “Scott.”

“Probalby.” Logan inhaled slightly and growled. “Exactly who it was. Wonder what he was sniffin’ ‘round for.”

“Whatever it was, he wasn’t in good shape when I found him. Watched him for a good hour before I approached him. Pretty boy ain’t got the stomach for reality. Spent a good chunk of time pukin’ before he came out, then he sat on the cold, wet grass until I walked up to him.”

“We’ll get this to Angel.” Logan promised setting the box nside the cab. “Make sure the house is gone. I don’t even want to think there’s a timber left standing.”

“Consider it done.” Bethany replied before blending into the crowd and vanishing leaving Rogue and Logan staring at each other.

“Keep your eyes open, kid. No tellin’ what they’ll do.” Logan ordered and climbed into the truck. With Scott aware of what had happened in that tiny house, it could go either way. A bad feeling raced up his spine and he shuddered, nothing ever good came of disillusionment – especially when the one being made to see was a good two-shoes who might just take it upon themselves to make the perverts face the justice system.