Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to CaffineYankee for the beta.
"Shouldn't they be back by now?" Jubilee asked. "It didn't take this long the first time."

"Again Jubilation, the charges are different this time. Last time it was just Rogue who was in trouble. This time Scott has to face the Judge as well," Hank told her.

"That is where you are wrong my blue furry friend," Jubilee said. "Last time Remy was with her."

"Blue furry friend," John snickered.

Ignoring John, Hank replied, "Again Jubilee, the charges are different. In addition to the new charges Rogue must answer to, the Judge has also to take into account her previous sentence and Scott's seemingly inability to enforce his responsibility to honour that sentence. So it is only expected that it will take longer."

Looking at Hank, Jubilee asked while popping her gum "You don't know why it's taking so long do you?"

"No, Jubilation I do not," Hank answered with a long-suffering sigh. "Nor do I know what possessed Scott and Rogue to partake in a food fight at the supermarket."

"Something tells me that Jubilee does," Ro said as she watched the young woman sniggering.

"Do ya Jubes?" Bobby asked.

"Okay spill," John said when Jubilee nodded her head in indication that she did.

"Scott was doing his usual, ‘Logan's not good enough for you’ routine," she replied.

"Surely Rogue's use to that by now?" Ro asked. "She's been hearing it since she and Logan arrived at Xavier's."

"Yeah, but this time Scott went overboard," Jubilee explained. "He kept going on about how dangerous Logan is, how he doesn't care about anyone but himself, that he's too old for her, that Rogue should find herself a new boyfriend. Apparently he likes you for that role, Bobby."

"What?" Bobby exclaimed. "Doesn't Scott know I'm gay?"

"Guess not," John said. "He's probably the only person who doesn't."

"Scott really told Rogue that Logan's dangerous and that he doesn't care about anyone but himself?" Ro asked.

"Yeah, that's what my girl Rogue told me," Jubilee replied.

"That's a bit harsh isn't it? I know Logan's is never going to win a Mr. Sensitive award, but it is painfully clear that he loves Rogue. The first time we met them he was willing to die for her. Many men will promise a girl he'll die for her but not many will actually risk it," Ro said.

"Rogue thinks Scott's still pissed about all the flirting Logan did with Jean back then."

"That might be the case, but that still does not give Scott the right to interfere in Rogue and Logan's relationship," Hank said, everyone else agreeing.

"They’re back," John announced from his seat near the window, seeing the car pull up. Rogue was the first to enter the rec-room. Walking over to the couch, she sat down carefully, a stark contrast to the last time she came home from court and she threw herself down. Everyone looking at Rogue could see she was trying to hold back a smile that was trying to break over her face.

"Rogue," Jubilee said curiously. "Are you okay, chica?"

"Ah'm fine, sugah," she answered.

Looking around, Jubilee realized anyone in the room was watching them and were just as curious as she was. "So what happened? What'd ya get this time?"

"Oh right. Ah got a fine, ah got ta pay for the damages ah caused, plus ah had mah another thirty days added on ta mah original sentence. Add that ta what ah had left and ah've got about fifty days of custodial supervision," Rogue told them.

"You've got to spend fifty days under Scott's supervision?" Jubilee asked, aghast.

"Oh no, the Judge transferred the supervision order to someone else. He said it was clear that his faith in Scott was misplaced and that it was obvious that Scott was unable to assert authority," Rogue replied, biting her lip to stop from smiling.

"So who's in charge now?" Ro asked.

"Jean," Rogue answered.

"And you're okay with that?" Bobby wanted to know.

"Yeah, ah'm fine with it. We talked about it and Jean said ah can help out in the med lab. She said she'll teach meh the basics of first aid, and providing that ah do all mah work, ah can go out with Logan in the evening's," Rogue admitted.

"So what about Scott? What did he get?" John asked.

Rogue was unable to hold back her smile any longer and it broke out across her face, lightening the room up. She looked up at Jean, who had entered the room just after her, and saw the same smile on her face.

"Scott didn't get off so lightly," Jean told them.

"He wasn't sentenced to that mutant correction facility was he?" Bobby asked, concerned.

"Oh no, he's not in prison," Jean assured.

"But he probably wishes he was," Rogue added.

"Scott's charges weren't severe, just misdemeanors really. He would have probably just got a fine if he would have just kept his mouth shut," Jean said, trying to keep the mirth out of her voice and failing. "He got into a small disagreement with the Judge. The Judge criticized his inability to keep Rogue out of trouble, telling him that he needs to learn restraint himself and how to enforce responsibility."

"I bet that went over well with Scott," Ro said.

"He basically told the Judge that it wasn't his fault Rogue was out of control, and that he, the Judge, could do no better himself," Jean told them.

"That just pissed the Judge off, and remember what ah said about him being an evil bastard, Jubes?" Rogue said.

"Yeah."

"And oh boy did Scott get it, when his sentence was delivered..." Rogue broke off laughing. She managed to get control of herself. "Scott objected to it."

"What was his sentence?" Ro asked, desperate to know.

Rogue and Jean looked at each other and smiled, then at Scott and Logan who had just entered the room.

"Scott was sentenced to Logan!" they chorused, bursting out laughing.
Chapter End Notes:
This is the last chapter of Sentenced to What? I had originally planned to take this story in a different direction and make it longer, but my muse demanded I torture Scott, but I have set it up for a sequel. Anyone interested?