Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to CaffineYankee for the beta. Bet ya shocked ain't ya two chapters in as many days. The song in this chapter is On the Inside by Lynne Hamilton, I don't know if they ever showed Prisoner Cell Block H in the U.S but damn the lyrics just fit. I don't know how the whole arrested/bail/trial thing works, so it might be way off but it's fun and that the whole point of fan fiction isn't it?
As Jean was leaving the Professor’s office, she bumped into Logan. “Sorry Logan, I wasn’t looking where I was going,” she apologized.

“It’s alright Jeannie. Ya going somewhere?” he asked, a cigar wedged between his teeth.

“Yes, to the police station,” Jean replied calmly.

“What for?” he asked, chopping on his cigar.

“Scott and Rogue have...” she started but was quickly cut off by Logan.

“Have they had an accident? Are they alright?”

“No their fine,” Jean reassured him. It’s just… they’ve both been arrested.”

“Arrested, for what? They only went out to get some coffee,” Logan barked.

“Criminal damage. Apparently they started throwing fruit at each other in the supermarket,” Jean answered, trying to stifle a smile as Logan’s eyebrows kept getting higher and higher on his forehead until they practically disappeared into his hair. “I’m just going to bail them out.”

Putting out his cigar, Logan grunted, “I’ll drive.”

“What? Why are you coming?” Jean asked.

“Rogue’s my girl,” Logan answered. Then with a smirk he added, “And it’ll probably be the only time I’ll get to see the Boy Scout behind bars.”

Jean couldn’t help but smile as she followed Logan to the garage on the way to bail out their respective partners.

*~*~*

Jean and Logan walked into the police station and approached the front desk.

“How may I help you?” the officer behind the desk asked.

“I’m Jean Grey. I got a phone call about my fiancée and friend being arrested,” Jean explained.

“Their names please?”

“Scott Summers and Marie Xavier,” Jean answered, ignoring the look Logan was giving her.

“Are you here to post bail?” the Officer asked.

“Yes.”

“They are in the holding cells. If you would like to take a seat someone will be with you shortly to fill out the paperwork and take you to them.”

“Thank you,” Jean said taking a seat.

Sitting down beside her Logan looked at her. “Marie Xavier?” he inquired.

“Yes, Charles became Rogue’s legal guardian shortly after she arrived at the
School, while you were in Canada. She was forced to give her real name; we still call her Rogue because she prefers it. She allows only you and Charles to call her Marie,” Jean told him.

*~*~*

A few minutes later another officer approached them. “Miss Grey?” he asked.

“Yes,” Jean answered standing up.

“I’m Officer Parker. If you would like to follow me I’ll take you to Mr Summers and Miss Xavier,” he instructed.

Following the Officer, Jean asked, “Are they okay?”

“There fine, physically at least,” he answered with a smile. “Well, Miss Xavier is.”

“What’s that mean?” Logan asked gruffly.

“Miss Xavier seems to be going out of her way to...”

“Annoy Scott,” Jean answered for him with a small smile.

“Yes,” he confirmed leading them through a set of doors. “They’re just down here.”

As they walked down the corridors they could barely make out singing.

“What’s that?” Jean asked.

“Rogue,” Logan answered with a chuckle, his enhanced hearing able to hear what she was singing.

He used to give me roses
I wish he could again
But that was on the outside
And things were different then
We’d built our world together
With a love so clear and strong
But that was on the outside
Where did I go wrong?

Jean, Logan and Officer Parker could hear the singing clearer as they got closer to the holding cells.

On the inside the sun still shines
And the rain falls down
But the sun and rain are prisoners too
When morning comes around

“Rogue will you shut up,” they heard Scott shouting, but Rogue ignored him.

Last night I dreamed we were together
Sharing all the love we’ve known
Till I had to face the nightmare
Of waking up alone

“Enough Rogue,” Scott screamed as the Jean, Logan and Officer Parker came into view.

“Logan, Jean,” Rogue shouted seeing them. Looking though the bars that separated her and Scott she smiled. “Come on Scott it ain’t that bad. Keep ya chin up buckaroo. Ah’m sure you and Jean will be allowed conjugal visits.”

Scott glared at Rogue before turning to Jean, ignoring Logan’s smug look. “Jean get me out of here,” he pleaded.

“Being in the lock-up has changed him,” Rogue told Logan in a staged whisper. “Ah heard him utter a naughty word.”

“Jean, baby, please get me out of here,” Scott begged.

“I’ll post bail for you and Rogue than we can go home,” Jean told him.

“Thank you.”

As Jean and Officer Parker went to sort out the bail Logan stayed behind with the caged Rogue and Scott. Smirking at Scott, who refused to meet his eyes, he said, “Fine example you’re setting for the kids Scooter, getting yaself locked-up.”

“Getting myself locked-up?” Scott exclaimed. “This is all Rogue’s fault. If she would have kept her mouth shut at the supermarket, the manager would have let us go.”

Logan looked at Rogue he asked, “Let me out of again did ya darlin’?”

“No,” Rogue answered with a smile. “Magneto.”

“She kept referring to him as a homosapien and lecturing him on the barbaric justice system. He had us arrested just to shut her up.”

“He started it with that crack about mutants,” Rogue argued.

“I’m not getting in to it again with you,” Scott stated.

After she had posted their bail, Jean returned with Officer Parker who unlocked their cells.

“Miss Grey has posted bail for you both,” he told them. “You are due in court in two days to answer the charges. Judge Barnes will be overseeing your cases.”

“What?” Rogue exclaimed. “That sadistic bastard hates meh, he sentenced me to Scott’s custody in the first place.”

“Rogue,” Jean admonished as Scott looked on smugly.

“Ah don’t know what you’re smiling at Scooter,” Rogue said. “He ain’t gonna be too happy with you either. You were suppose ta teach meh right from wrong, not get arrested with meh.”

“Oh god,” Scott whined.

“Don’t worry Scott, ah’m sure Remy won’t mind sharing a cell with ya,” Rogue told him with a grin.

“Let’s get back to the mansion and talk about it,” Jean said looking at a suddenly pale Scott. “Don’t worry Scott. It’s your first offence and I’m sure Charles has already hired a lawyer.”

“Ah think he has one on retainer fahr meh,” Rogue joked as the four of them walked out heading back to the mansion.”