Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to CaffineYankee for the beta. I'm sorry it taking me so long to update this but things are hectic at the moment.
Following Logan’s return things got steadily worse. Scott continued to try and straighten Rogue out and Rogue continued to resist at each and every turn.

On day four, Scott assigned Rogue to work in the garden cleaning up the mess some of the children had made and picking weeds. When Scott checked on her, he found to his horror that Rogue had picked every single flower in sight, claiming she didn’t know which a weed was and which was not. When Ro saw the destruction of her beloved garden she was furious and a vicious thunder storm raged that night. She informed both Scott and Rogue that if they went near her garden again, she would fry them both.

On day five Scott decided that Rogue could help him with repairs around the mansion. After successfully repairing some of the damage, Scott thought that Rogue was finally accepting his authority and was quick to tell everyone about it. Believing that she was finally taking responsibility he assigned her to do repairs for the next few days. Checking on her one day, he was disgusted to find the reason for his believed success. Rogue was sitting on a chair in one of the bedrooms while Logan did the work he had assigned to her. Her reasoning was, “Logan’s good with his hand.”

After that, Scott forbade Rogue from seeing Logan until her sentence was over, going so far as to reassign Rogue a room closer to his and Jean’s so he could keep a eye on her.

Needless to say both Rogue and Logan were furious at Scott interference in their relationship. This led to Rogue moving a cot into Scott and Jean’s room telling him, “If ah ain’t getting any you ain’t either.”

*~*~*

Day Ten

Rogue walked into the kitchen and a full blown argument between Logan and Scott. Sitting down at the table next to Jean, she smiled at the older woman who was trying to play peacemaker.

The arguments between Logan and Scott were a daily occurrence since Scott had banned them from spending time together; any little thing set them off.

“Damn it, Logan,” Scott yelled. “Is it too much for you to consider that other people live in the mansion?” Scott raged, “It’s always me, me, me with you isn’t it Logan? You take off for weeks at a time without word, and when you’re here you’re either drinking, smoking, or fighting. You know what you problem is? You don’t think of anyone but yourself.”

“No, my problem is you. You can’t handle the competition can ya, Scooter? You used to being the alpha round here. Now I’m here and your jealous, can’t handle the fact that I’m better than you,” Logan growled.

“Better than me?” Scott spluttered, “You’re selfish, egotistical, deluded...”

“And you’re a stuck up Boy Scout with a stick stuck up your ass.”

Leaning closer to Jean, Rogue whispered, “What started it off this time?”

Suppressing a smile Jean answered, “Logan drank the last of the coffee.”

Rogue bit her lip to prevent her from laughing as she and Jean turned back to the arguing men.

“Now because of your inconsiderate behavior I have got to go into the city and do some shopping, which means I have got to find someone to take my classes. You’ve just ruined my whole day.” Scott raged, storming to the door.

“And all because the man loves his coffee,” Rogue quipped.

Scott stopped by the door and stared at her. “Rogue, you’re coming with me,” he said.

“Oh joy,” Rogue drawled sarcastically as she got up and followed Scott out the door, waving to Logan and Jean as she went.

*~*~*

By the time they had arrived at the supermarket Scott’s mood had gotten steadily worse, due in no small part to Rogue continually change the radio channel in the car. Walking into the store Scott ordered, “Get a shopping cart.”

“For one bag of coffee beans?” Rogue asked.

Glaring at Rogue the best he could, Scott told her, “Before we left I got the school’s shopping list and check book. We’re doing the shopping for the whole mansion.”

“Great,” Rogue drawled as she grabbed a shopping cart and followed Scott around the store. Stopping beside the shelf filled with coffee she asked, “Scott, sugah, don’t ya think ya got enough there?” as she watched fill the cart with coffee.

Ignoring Rogue, Scott added a couple more bags of coffee beans to the cart, mumbling all the while about Logan’s inconsiderate behaviour.

“You know sugah, this thing between you and Logan is getting tiring,” Rogue told him, tired of hearing him bad mouth her boyfriend.

“Excuse me,” Scott said.

“You heard me. You blame Logan fahr everything when he ain’t done anything,” Rogue said, wheeling the cart down the aisle.

“Done nothing,” Scott echoed.

“Yeah. Ever since we arrived at Xavier’s you’ve got a bug up ya butt about Logan, for no good reason.”

“No good reason? How about him constantly hitting on my fiancée?” Scott replied.

“He hasn’t hit on Jean in years and he only ever really did it to wind ya up. You need to let go of the past,” Rogue told him.

“What about all the names he calls me? ‘One-eye’ or ‘Boy Scout‘,” Scott argued.

“That’s ya argument? He calls ya names and hurts ya feelings?” Rogue asked in disbelief. “And sugah ya ain’t innocent there either. Ah’ve heard ya call Logan names too.”

“He’s violent, uncontrollable; he doesn’t care about anybody but himself.”

“He cares about me,” Rogue said with conviction. “He’s risked his life for me more than
once.”

“He’s not good enough for you,” Scott told her, finally admitting his problem.

“That ain’t your concern. Logan loves meh, and ah love him.”

“He’s too old for you,” Scott argued.

“Ya don’t know how old Logan is, hell Logan don’t know how old he is. Besides age don’t matter.”

“You should date someone your own age,” Scott told her.

“Ah will when you do,” Rogue said, stopping near the fruit and vegetable aisle.

“What?” Scott asked as he loaded the cart with fresh vegetables.

“Ah said, ‘Ah will when you do.’ Or did ya forget that Jean’s eight years older than you?”

“That’s different,” Scott argued.

“How is it? You wouldn’t let anyone come between you and Jean, and ah’m not gonna let anyone come between meh and Logan,” Rogue countered.

“Logan’s dangerous.”

“So am ah, it makes us a perfect match.”

“Logan’s no good for you. I don’t want to see you waste your life on someone who doesn’t deserve you.” Rogue tried to cut in but Scott wouldn’t listen and kept talking,

“Now Bobby’s a nice boy. You two would be better suited, kind of like Jean and I. John reminders me a little of Logan, so stay away from him.”

Tired of Scott ignoring her and insulting Logan, Rogue picked up an orange from the cart and threw it at Scott, hitting him on the chest.

Scott stopped mid rant and looked at Rogue in shock. “What is wrong with you?” he shouted.

“You are, ya jackass,” Rogue yelled back. “Stop trying ta run mah life.”

“I’m not; I’m just trying to keep you from making a mistake,” he replied. “If for just once in your life you’d just listen...”

Hearing enough, Rogue picked up another orange and threw it at him.

“Rogue stop it, “Scott ordered.

“I’ll stop when you stop being such a dick,” she yelled throwing a lemon at him this time.

“Rogue enough,” Scott shouted when she continued to throwing things at him. “I’m warning you.”

“Bite me Scooter,” she screamed at him as she threw a bunch of grapes at him.

“Rogue, that’s enough. ROGUE!” he yelled.

Losing his temper he picked up a tub of strawberries and threw them at Rogue, hitting her in the chest. Rogue screamed and was about to launch herself at Scott when the sound of someone behind her caught her attention. Turning around she came face to face with the store’s security guard.

The guard looked at them both and then at the mess they had made.

“Sir, madam, if you would like to come with me please,” he said as he led them to the back of the store.

*~*~*

Picking up the ringing telephone, Jean answered, “Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, Jean Grey speaking how may I help you?” She listened carefully to the person on the other end, “They’ve what?” she exclaimed. “Yes, yes I understand, someone will be down straight away. Thank you for informing us. Goodbye,”

Hanging up the phone she walked over to Professor Xavier’s office, knocking once before entering.

“Is they something wrong Jean?” Xavier asked, looking up when she walked in.

“There was just a phone call from the Police,” Jean said.

“Is everything okay?” Xavier asked, concerned.

“Depends on how you look at it. Scott and Rogue have both been arrested and they need someone to go down and post bail for them both,” Jean answered.

“Arrested? For what?”

“Criminal damage. Apparently the two had a food fight in the middle of the supermarket.”

“Oh dear!” Xavier exclaimed.

“I’ll just go down to the police station and bail them out,” Jean said, barely concealing her smile.

“Yes, very good. I’d say by now the officers at the police station will be eager to be rid of them and their fighting,” Xavier said as Jean walked to the door.

~ Only Rogue could get Scott arrested ~ Xavier thought with a smile.