Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to CaffineYankee for the beta, and to Joanne who beta'd the previous chapters. Sorry for making you wait for the chapter I actually lost it.
By breakfast the next day, everyone had heard about Rogue first day under Scott’s supervision. Rogue’s washing of Scott’s car was a great source of amusement; especially with Scott walking through the mansion with soaked trousers.

A round of applause met Rogue as she entered the dining room. After taking a bow, she took her usual seat, joining Jubilee, Bobby and John.

“Hey chica, have fun yesterday?” Jubilee asked with a smile.

Smiling at her friend, Rogue answered, “A little. But something tells meh ah’ll be sorry about it today.” She took a sip of her juice and asked, “How did you lot get on yesterday?”

“Not to bad” Bobby answered, “just had to clean up some roads”

“Not to bad? They made us wear orange overalls and clean-up road kill,” Jubilee countered. “It was awful and we‘ve got to do it again today!”

“What’s Scott got planned for you today Rogue? Do you know?” John asked.

“Yeah, ah’ve got to help with his self-defence class,” she answered.

“That don’t sound to bad,” Bobby remarked.

“It wouldn’t be normally, except he’s covering Logan’s survival class and you know he and Logan have this macho pissing contest going on. Anything Logan can do, Scott’s got to try and do better.”

“Why’s he covering Logan class anyway?” Bobby asked.

“Logan’s got a lead on his past and he’ll be gone for a while, so until he’s back Scott’s taking all his classes.”

“I don’t know what you’re worry about chica, you always did great in Logan’s survival class.”

“Yeah, cos ah was doin the teacher,” Rogue joked. “If it was a normal training session ah wouldn’t care, but we’re doin’ the obstacle course out in the woods.”

“Ooh I hated doin that. It was pure torture,” John remembered.

“Tell meh about it; add to that what ah did to Scott yesterday, and what do you get?” Rogue said.

“Hell for Rogue,” Jubilee replied.

“Got it in one.”

By the time for Scott’s survival class Rogue had psyched herself up, expecting the worse torture possible, and she wasn’t wrong.

“Ok everyone, step up,” Scott commanded the students all crowded round him, ready for the lesson to start. “Ok, here is what we are doing today. You lot will split into teams of four and you’ll be working on your tracking skills. We will be using the woods - the obstacle course. You will work together to track down your prey. The first team to locate and neutralize it can hit the showers while the others do ten laps.”

“What are we tracking Mr. Summers?” one of the students asked. Rogue closed her eyes and groaned, knowing what was coming next.

“Ms. Rogue. Rogue will have a five minutes head start, and in that five minutes you lot have to come up with a strategy. The rules are simple. No leaving the area of the woods and no sabotaging the other teams.”

When the teams were ready, Scott signalled for Rogue to go and counted down five minutes.

After five minutes had passed, Scott instructed the four teams to track down Rogue before sitting back to enjoy the lesson.

Using the skills she had learnt from Logan and the others in her head, Rogue evaded the teams of students, using the woods to her advantage. Ducking and diving through the trees she led them all over the woods, through the mud pits some of the younger students had made, by the lake and back to a spot close to where Scott was waiting.

When the hour was up Scott signalled for the teams to return to his position. When they had all arrived back, he look them all over. Sighing he said, “You lot have spent the last hour tracking Rogue through these woods and not one of you got even close enough to even see her. To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement. Seeing how none of you captured Rogue, you can all do ten laps.”

A series of groans met his announcement, and the students started on their laps as Rogue came out of the woods, sweating and covered in mud. Walking up to Scott, she scowled. “Are we done?”

Looking her over, Scott smirked. “The class is doing laps. Watch them until they finish, then you can hit the showers,” he said before starting to walk away.

Glaring at Scott’s retreating figure, Rogue looked to one of the students. She beckoned him over with a smile. “Lance, give meh a hit will ya sugah?” she asked.

Looking at Rogue, he smiled and nodded his head. Lightly running a finger over the back of his hand, she borrowed just a little of his gift. Turning her attention back to Scott, she smiled, waiting until he was in the right position. Once he got there she banged her foot on the ground, catapulting Scott head first into a mud pit.

“ROGUE!”

“Oh dear I wonder what Rogue has done now?” Hank asked, as he looked up from his newspaper. Doing a quick mental scan, the Professor began to chuckle.

“I believe if you lo0ok into the hallway you will find out,” Xavier told him. Getting up Hank, Jean, and Ro walked into the hallway as Scott came stomping in, mud sliding off him, as he muttered under his breath, followed closely by Rogue. Seeing the Professor, Jean, Hank, and Ro in the doorway she drawled, “The earth moved,” before heading to the showers.

Watching the retreating figures, Hank turned to the others, “You know John and Bobby are running a book on who will crack first…”

“Yeah?” Ro asked.

“Yes. I think I will have to put a wager on Scott cracking first,” he said.

“Hank, will you place me the same small wager too?”

“Of course Professor.”

Jean shook her head smiling. The next month was going to be fun.

~I almost feel sorry for Scott ~ she thought, before going to place a bet herself.