Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks go to Joanne for the beta. Rogue's sentence begins.
Rising early, Rogue prepared herself for her full first day under the custodial supervision of Scott Summers. After showering and getting dressed, Rogue made her way down to breakfast with a heavy heart. Walking into the dining room, she fixed herself her breakfast and sat down at her usual table, next to Jubilee.

"How ya doin chica?"

Looking at her best friend she answered, "Awful, ah’m really thinking about holding up a liquor store. The only things stopping meh are…1) That sadistic bastard of a judge, he’d probably just increase mah sentence to six months in Scott’s custody. An 2) Scott said ah’m not allowed to leave the mansion grounds without his permission, and ah don’t think he’d give me permission to leave, so ah can rob a liquor store."

Stifling a laugh, Jubilee told her, "Oh come on chica, it ain’t that bad, it’s only thirty days and ya get to spend it here at the mansion. Not like Remy who’s locked up inside, or me, John and Bobby who have to have to help clean-up the highway. Road-kill Rogue, I’ve got to clean-up road-kill!"

"Scott, Jubilee, Scott! Ah’ve got to spend thirty days doin as *he* says." She replied, "He’s already made a list of what ah’ve got to do, and what ah can’t do."

"Seriously?" Jubilee asked as Rogue finished off the remnants of her breakfast.

"Yeah, it’s like five pages long. Ah tell ya Jubes; ah think him and that sadistic bastard of a Judge planned this all along."

"What? You think they planned for us to steal Scott’s car, so just that he could get custody of you?"

"Wouldn’t surprise meh Jubes; ah tell ya Scott’s got a bit of the dark side in him."

Jubilee look at her friend, "You’ve been watching Star Wars again haven’t you?"

Looking at Jubilee, Rogue mumbled "No comment," before adding, "Besides we never stole Scott car, we just borrowed it. Ah mean we would of asked permission, but Scott was *indisposed*. Ah would of tol’ the Judge that but he’d had already told me to shut-up once."

"My poor chica. So what has Scott got you doin today then?"

"Ah’ve got to help out with his mechanic’s classes, this morning," she told her taking a drink of juice. "Ah’m not sure what he’s got planned for me tonight, but he’s actually given meh a curfew."

"You’re not serious?" Jubilee spluttered.

"Yeah, ah’ve got to get permission before ah do anything, an’ ah’ve got to be in every night by ten o’clock."

"Ten o’clock, ya can’t be serious?" Jubilee asked her eyebrows heading for her hairline, "Most things don’t get going til after then!"

"Ah know Jubes, but Mr stick up his butt has told meh ah’ve *got* to be in by ten o’clock every night." Putting on her best Scott voice Rogue added, "That way ah know where you are, who you are with, and what you’re doing. That you’re not out stealing someone car when they’re indisposed."

"In other words so you can’t go to any bar with Logan."

"Yep, ya got it in one. Ah swear Jubes if ah even get the chance to spend anytime with Logan it will be a miracle." Rogue sighed, the plate in front of her now devoid of anything that could hold her from the work ahead of her.

"Oh my poor chica," Jubilee giving her a small hug before setting off herself to go ‘do her duty’ for the unfortunate of the highways.


An hour later found Rogue entering the garage ready for Scott’s mechanic’s class, seeing Scott already there Rogue walked up to him standing to attention she announced "Rogue reporting for duty sir" with a mock salute.

"Very funny Rogue," he told her, just as the first lot of students arrived. Once all the students were there he started the day’s lesson.

"Rogue will be joining us today. Today we‘re going to be stripping down an engine on one of the old cars. Rogue do you know anything about stripping?" Scott turned his gaze toward his new charge waiting for her reply.

"Yeah it usually done on a stage with a pole," her answer causing the class to burst out laughing, filling the room with unsuppressed mirth.

"I meant stripping down engine parts." Scott’s voice had a slight edge to it that Rogue took notice of.

"Oh right, well it’s all second hand knowledge ya know, passed down from Logan."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he knows a lot about both kinds of strippin’."

Scott let the comment pass over his head and watched his class for any signs of their earlier outburst, when none was forthcoming he just spoke to the awaiting crowd, "Let’s start the lesson."

An hour later the class had stripped down the engine and was undertaking the task of cleaning the parts they’d disassembled. Getting the classes attention Scott announced "Ok that’s it for today, you lot get yourself cleaned up and off to your next class." Watching the students file out of the garage Scott turned to Rogue his eyes following her movements as she went toward the sinks herself. His voice stopping her before she got to the front of the line, "Rogue, you can clean all this up, then you can go to lunch."

Looking at all the engine parts strewn over the floor, Rogue turned around to look at Scott. "Ya got to be kidding meh; ya want meh to clean up all of this on mah own?"

"Yes, and after lunch, you can wash the cars thoroughly, inside and out." His words barking out like an order to her ears.

"Sir. Yes sir!" Rogue replied her hand flying to her temple again.

After grabbing a quick lunch, Rogue returned to the garage and set about washing the cars, getting to Scott’s new car Rogue smiled.


Later that night Scott was telling Jean how his day with Rogue went, "I’m telling you honey, it went great, we got off to a bit off a rocky start, but after lunch she was on her best behaviour."
Jean just listened in amusement as Scott went on about how all Rogue needed was some decent ground rules and a firm hand. It was a pity that Jean didn’t believe for a moment that Rogue was actually following Scott’s orders.

Stepping up to his car, Scott unlocked the door and climbed in.

"ROGUE!!" Scott’s scream from the garage could be heard all over the mansion.

Sauntering into the garage Rogue looked at Scott and a snickering Jean, "You yelled." Rogues face a picture of innocence.

"*What* did you do to my car?" Scott raged, his skin showing bright red as he attempted to keep his emotions under control.

"What you asked meh to," Rogue replied, her face still showing innocence.

"What? I never told you to do this!" His hand waving at the drenched interior and sodden carpets.

"Yes you did. You told meh and ah quote `You can wash the cars, thoroughly inside an’ out.`" She told him innocently, a half smirk just beginning to show on her lips.

"When I said that, I didn’t mean for you to wash the inside of my car with soapy water!"

"Then you should have been more specific, Ah was only doin’ what ya’ll told meh ta do." Rogue answered as he walked by, a huge wet patch showing on the back of his dress trousers.

"Looks like he had a little ‘accident’," Rogue said causing Jean to burst out laughing as she followed Scott’s uncomfortable form out of the garage.

~Maybe this custody thing ain’t gonna be so bad after all ~ Rogue thought as she went to find Logan.