Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a challenge issued by Shadowlady over a year ago now, I'm slow but I get there in the end. Thanks go to Joanne for the beta.
"Shouldn’t they be back by now?" Jubilee asked popping her gum, "I mean it didn’t take us this long."

Looking up from his book Hank replied, "The charges are ‘different’ Jubilation, although I am still finding it hard to comprehend, you, Bobby and John were not the ringleaders, Rogue and Remy were. I still do not know what possessed you five to steal Scott’s new car and go joyriding in it."

Snickering Jubilee answered Hank; "He pissed Rogue off acting all big brotherish telling her that she should date someone her own age, that Logan wasn‘t good enough for her."

"And her solution to that was to steal his car" Ororo asked having her interested peaked about the conversation that was filling the rec-room.

"Yeah, well after sending him some chocolate laced with laxative, with the message ‘This is what I think of you’." John told Ororo snickering at the image of Scott eating the laden chocolate.

"Oh, that’s why Scott was unable to come to speak to the police-officers. I did wonder." Hank was trying hard to keep a straight face as he spoke to the waiting culprits. "But that *is* beside the point. What the five of you did was irresponsible and whatever was Remy thinking resisting arrest and assaulting that police-officer?"

Jubilee rushed in to protect Remy, "He was defending my honour dude!"

"He wouldn’t have had to Jubilee if you would have had your top on." Ro’ informed her.

"But it was hot inside there, and besides that cop didn’t *have* to be so ‘hands-on.’"

"Of course things would of gone better if Rogue hadn’t let Logan out of his containment in her mind." Hank’s words causing Jubilee to burst out laughing, her tinkling laughter ringing around the silent room. "Jubilee it is not funny."

"Sorry dude, but you weren’t there! I’ll never forget the look on those cops faces when she started growling at them," she cackled almost falling off her perch like a demented yellow parrot.

"Or when she called the officer that booked us all in ‘Bub’." Bobby added laughing, stopping dead when he heard a car door slam adding, "Guys I think they’re back."

Rogue came storming through the front door slamming behind her. Walking into the rec-room she threw herself down on the couch next to Jubilee.

"What’s wrong Chica? Where’s Remy?" Jubilee asked her best friend her gaze scanning for any other signs of distress.

"It’s not fair Jubes! Remy was sentenced to thirty days in that new mutant correction facility they’ve just built."

"Oh my poor baby," Jubilee choked "What about you? What did you get?"

"That what’s unfair Jubes." Rogue told her while making sure she had every ear in the room. "Ah mean we was all there, you, Bobby and John were all sentenced to community service, Remy was sentenced to thirty days inside. So why was ah singled out for this cruel punishment? Ah mean ah told them ah didn’t mind doing time, hell ah told them if they were short of places ah didn’t mind sharing a cell with Remy!"

"You didn’t" Ro gasped.

"She did." Jean said as she walked in, handing Rogue her bag what she had left in her car in her hurry to get away from the older woman.

"Anyway it didn’t matter, ah was told," putting her best authority voice on and sounding strangely like Scott. "’It is not a matter of space that is the issue. Your mutation is far too severe for me to consciously put you that type of situation where you would be at risk to yourself and to others in the facility.’"

"And?" Jean prompted

"And that if ah open mah mouth again without good reason, ah‘d have mah sentenced doubled."

"Rogue what was your sentence?" Bobby pulled closer to hear what punishment she’d been handed down from the courthouse.

"Yeah, surely it can’t be that bad" John added.

"That’s what you say. Ah’d like to know how you’d like it. It’s cruel, it’s inhumane it’s… it’s the worst sentence ever." She told them her eyes glittering darkly.

"It’s only for thirty days Rogue," Jean tried to soothe the ruffled feathers in the room but Rogue was having none of it.

"Only thirty days, that’s seven hundred and twenty hours of pure torture, an’ why him? Why was ah sentenced to *his* custody? Wasn’t there anyone else? Ya know Magneto would’ve been better than him!"

"Rogue, Rogue what were you sentenced to?!" Jubilee shouted as Scott walked in the door.

Looking up to the new presence that had walked in and meeting Scott’s ruby-covered eyes she took a deep breath, "Ah've been sentenced to Scott!" she cried.