It was suddenly very cold. The touch of frost seemed to come out of nowhere as she huddled within its grasp. The feel of it on the dank air around her was the only thing that accompanied the eternal darkness. It was abruptly so strange to be associating something with the empty darkness she had seemed to of known for so long. She felt sensations as the cool mist caressed her bare skin. She leaped at its touch eagerly within her hazy mind, it all appeared brand new to her, the coldness, the sensation of touch, the ability to think cohesive thoughts.

Soon a whiteness stormed through the darkness pushing its dark tendrils far away from her, forever chasing away the endless abyss. Sound did not come as soon as the light did but she felt content to feel and see anything but the darkness. She was floating, rising higher and higher until being yanked. She realized slowly, that it was not her body that moved but the strange platform she was strapped to. There was a click and another jerk as the pod she was in opened up fully, assaulting her eyes with the cleanest light she had seen in ages. Blinking as the sounds around her made their way to previously deaf ears, sounds of machines beeping, the hiss of oxygen tanks and the sounds of several people milling around. A large face suddenly peered over her, locks of short blond hair hidden beneath a mask as the man dressed in scrubs edge closer. The image appeared too sinister to dare to look away from, but ever so slowly, the man reached up and removed his mask, an unusually kind smile on his young and eager face.

“Hello,” he spoke smiling sincerely.

She lay still, never looking away from his light brown eyes as she realized speech would too come to her later as she was silent.

“I know this must all be a bit strange but we’re here to help.”

He smiled more widely, his pristine white teeth gleaming at her in innocence.

“Welcome, to a Mutant Friendly World.”