The long corridor of isolation was silent. There was no wind blowing against windows or footsteps moving, or the sound of water running through pipes. Not even the faintness of a chest rising and falling with breathing could be heard in the long alley way of cells. Nothing but the eerie peacefulness of stillness to fill the compartmentalize void. That was until the elevator clunked with its landing and the heavy slid of the door moving open.

The ruckus was instantaneous. Men cursed, yelling loudly to each other as they moved out of the elevator in a collective unit. They were packed together so tightly their guns and equipment banging together, metal rattling against metal. Nothing could be seen between their tightly compressed bodies as they moved together, struggling some unseen force between them.

The mob managed to stumble a few feet in tact. The wall of soldiers broke down, however, after a high-pitch hysteric scream emitted from their center.

She busted threw, sending three of the men crashing to the ground. Gone was the pale and tattered lab suit, now replaced with a full, black body stocking. The others tightened their grips on her arms, her waist; two even had a hold of her legs in an attempt to keep control of the thrashing girl. She only roared louder and whipped around, slashing blunt nails at them. They did little damage, but that didn’t keep her from trying again as she twisted and turned in their grasp; wild, wet brown and white hair flying every where.

“God damn it!” Some voice in the group yelled. “Just fucking tranq it her again!”

“We can’t,” Sgt. Alvin snapped, tightening his grip around her waist. “We don’t have any fucking left! Fucking hell men, its just a woman, hold fast!”

With a collective groaned they tugged in unison, hauling her failing figure back amongst them, more hands took a hold to secure her. She screamed again and tried to jump up, unleashing her feet in kicks against them but they quickly snatch her legs so that they just carried the jerking girl to her cell.

“Shit, who ever has the key unlock the god damn door already!”

Some called out ‘got it’ then they quickly tossed her into the cell, barely managing to slam the door shut before she sprang back up to her feet and lashed out them with an angry growl. The shut door did very little to slow her down and she slammed her body against, and then ricocheted back to the floor. Only to get up and do it again.

“The bitch is worse than Sabretooth was,” a soldier groaned as he rubbed his shoulder. “I think she fucking dislocated my arm.”

Murmuring of agreement rolled among them. Sgt. Alvin remained silent; his eyes heavy as he watched her continuously threw her body against the unrelenting steel bars. It was a process he was very familiar with, but now it was different, pathetic. The bars and the mass of the lunatic were a good match, neither moving when they both collided until he took a few steps back to charge it again. He was a vicious, homicidal caged animal. Each time she met with the bars she was knocked to the ground, hitting harder with the cement floor than the door.

“Let’s get the hell out of here,” Alvin said and turned around, stomping towards the door, no longer to stand the sight anymore.

She didn’t notice their departure, too intent on the destruction of the cage around her. A anger roar emitted from her mouth as she tried her shoulder, her hip, her entire body to bring the barrier down until she finally collapsed, exhausted.

Her chest heaved with heavy breaths as her two trembling hands came up and gripped her face tightly between them. She rocked back and forth three of four times before her head suddenly bent back and a mighty, animalistic yell tore out of her.

She turned her blunt nails on herself then, dragging them down the side of her face, cutting shallow pink lines into her skin that healed instantaneously.

Burning hot tears crept to her eyes as she managed to obtain some control of herself. They quickly multiplied, cascading down her face as she mentally pushed against the two men she had killed. She choked, coughing and bending in half, resting her head against the cold concrete floor as she cried.

She took a deep breath and turned her head so her cheek lay against the floor. Her eyes became fixed on her arm lying directly in front of her; a few sniffles went through her then her eyes narrowed. She sat up and ripped a massive chunk of the sleeve off revealing nothing but pale skin. It was gone. Her bottom lip went between her teeth as she traced a finger tip along the underside of her forearm where her tattoo used to be. Now there was nothing.

Then her whole body jerked and she screamed as she dragged deep gauges into her arm with her nails. The next second she was back up on her feet, throwing her body into the unmovable cell door.




He sat in the farthest corner of his cell, leaning his back against the wall, his heavy arms hanging lethargically off his knees. There was nothing but darkness all around him, encasing him.

He heard the commotion in the elevator before it reached the final level. He saw the fight with the guards. He starred at her and her alone intensely as she threw herself back at them, this time with metal in her way. His unwavering glaze didn’t move as she remained down, screamed, yelled, or when he smelled the tears or the blood. His eyes became harsher when she got back up and repeated the insistent attack on the bars.

He didn’t like the change in her scent. A nearly silent growl came from him as his top lip curled up. He didn’t like it one fucking bit.