Title: Missing You 6/?
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Category: Movieverse.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

Liam did the zip up to his throat and tried to stretch the leather around his shoulders. It was new and wouldn’t give. As he walked down the corridor to the jet he stuck his forefinger in between the collar and his neck and tugged on it with a pained face.

“Little tight?” Liam turned to see Scott catching up.

“Yeah. I could have sworn I was roughly the same size as dad.”

Scott almost laughed. “That’s not your dad’s spare suit.” He went on as Liam frowned and craned his neck in an eerily familar gesture. “Your dad doesn’t have a spare suit. He has a new one nearly every time, because he wrecks them, burns them, shreds them or just generally destroys them.”

“So whose is this then? Pete’s?”

Scott opened the hanger door. “Pete’s doesn’t have arms - it’s mine.” His footsteps echoed as he walked to the jet, Liam staring at him in disbelief.

“Well no wonder it doesn’t fit. I’m like - way bigger than you!”

There was a slightly aggravated look on Scott’s face that Liam found hard to read. It seemed to have nothing to do with his remark… Logan, had he seen it, would have found it familiar. He slapped his son on the back as he walked up. “What ya hollering at him for?”

“I’m wearing his suit and its like *five* sizes too small, I can barely breathe!” They began to walk towards the jet.

Logan chuckled and was about to say something when Louise ran past him tugging on her gloves. “What is it with guys and the size of everything.”

“It’s cutting off the goddamn blood supply to my balls!” Logan, Louise, Scott and Liam all laughed.

Then Logan noticed Louise and just stared at her. “You’re sure about this?”

“Yeah.” She pulled her hair off her face and bean to tie it in a tight bun at the back of her head.

He slowly looked her over, she was so much like Marie, the way she moved, pulling her hair up with graceful movements. It was almost too much, he had spent everyday for the past eleven years looking at Marie, lifeless and pale and then all off a sudden he saw her, in front of him and full of life, only this wasn’t Marie. “Because if you don’t want to go then I’m fine with that. Like I said earlier you don’t want to go, you don’t go.”

Louise looked down at her hands and then her suit, sighing in realisation. “I look like her don’t I?” He nodded. “Well…” she shrugged. “Get over it!”

She walked up the steps into the jet as Logan broke into a laugh. “Got that same stubborn ass’d attitude as well!”

During the flight Logan rolled his eyes as Scott barraged the twins with procedures and the do’s and don’ts for a mission, trying to squeeze two years of training into the short flight. After an hour Logan told him to shut up as he could sense that both the twins were nervous enough.

When the jet was landed and was silent, Scott pulled up a holographic map of the chemical plant, deciding who was going where they headed out and split up into two teams. Scott and Logan both agreed it would be safer if Liam and Louise stayed outside the main facility and checked the out buildings, while Scott and Logan went into the main building.

Scott and Logan had scanned the area using the jets equipment and discovered that somewhere within the facility was a jamming signal that blocked their usual hi-tech communication devises. They had to use walkie talkie’s, but only having two on board, Scott had one and Louise had the other. Louise and Liam seemed relaxed as they headed off to the out buildings.

*CRACKLE* “You two ok?” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Yes, we’re fine. It’s been two seconds, I can still see you for heaven’s sake, what trouble could we have possibly got into in that time?” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Sorry.” *CRACKLE* Scott wandered into the main doors as Logan chuckled at him closely behind.

“And I thought *I* was paranoid.”

“I heard that!”

“You were meant to, One-Eye!”

Louise blocked the door to the building open with an old oil drum as the outside spotlights flooded in. There was a jeep at one end - most of the engine had been stripped out on a nearby bench and sawdust was all over the floor with patches of oil drips. There were several crates with dried or tinned food in them.

*CRACKLE* “There are a load of food supplies, I guess they were planning on staying a while.” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Yeah, we’ve found sleeping quarters for around eight people so far. Keep us informed.” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Will do.” *CRACKLE*

Liam was looking over the engine of the jeep. “Hey, throw me the walkie, I want to tell dad about this engine.”

“Why?” She stared at him.

“It’s the same model as Pete’s, I could snag some parts. Throw me the walkie.”

“Boys and their toys.” She unhooked the walkie talkie from her belt and threw it to him underarm. He missed and it hit the floor with a loud metallic clank.

Frowning he looked at Louise. “Isn’t this building wooden?”

“Yeah.”

Liam knelt down and scraped some sawdust out of the way to reveal a huge metal hatch. Louise helped him and after about five minutes of sweeping sawdust with their hands they discovered that the hatch was the width of the building. It had a large chain that was connected to a small winch on the back wall.

“Lets open it.”

“I dunno, we shouldn’t…”

“Oh come on!” She ignored her brother’s worried look and pushed the green button. After much clanking and whirring the hatch pulled back, opening into a large sloping tunnel that could easily fit a large car or jeep.

They stood at the entrance staring at it and then each other. Liam could practically hear her mind deciding that they should go down it before she even said anything.

“We need to call dad and Scott first.”

“Ok, you call them and I’ll be going this way.” She pointed down the tunnel and started to walk down it.

Liam huffed and rolled his eyes. “See, impulsive and reckless!” He ran to get the walkie talkie and then stood at the entrance. “Lou, wait!”

“Catch me if you can!” Her voice echoed back to him through the wide tunnel.

He ran after her and grabbed her arm. “We’re supposed to stay together.”

“Stop fussing already. They wanted us to look around, so we are.”

He shook his head as they walked from the gloom of the tunnel into another huge underground room. It looked like the large foyer of a hospital or community centre, corridors leading off to different places, all sign- posted with colour-coded lines on the floor to tell you the way. Painted on the floor was a large symbol reading ‘FoH: A Pure Life For All Humans’. Dim failing emergency lights lit the room and corridors, making it look creepy.

Louise walked over to what she assumed was the ‘reception’ desk,

*CRACKLE* “Scott, I… mean Cyclops?” *CRACKLE*

She smirked at him. “You just love that ‘Ooh we’re on a mission’ thing don’t you?”

“So you don’t like it?” She gave a nonchalant smile and shrugged. But she did, she never thought she would, she practically guaranteed that she wouldn’t, but she honestly did find it exciting and exhilarating.

Scott and Logan had split up to look around the chemical plant and had just joined back up, both scratching their heads.

“I don’t get it, there’s fuck all here.”

“I know. Two rooms that would sleep about eight people each and that’s it. This faulty is huge; you can’t tell me that there were only 16 people running it. And where are all the labs, holding cells, papers, documents and medical research offices that Jean told the Professor about?”

“There has to be more here.” He put his hands on his hips and shook his head, then took the walkie from Scott.

“Yes, but where, Logan?”

Logan shrugged as he put the walkie talkie to his mouth, he was about to speak when it crackled at him.

*CRACKLE* “Scott, I… mean Cyclops?” *CRACKLE*

Logan chuckled at how Liam was slowly getting into the whole mission situation. *CRACKLE* “Hey it’s me. Found anything?” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Yeah, some kind of underground hospital. It’s definitely the FoH by the big logo on the floor.” *CRACKLE*

Scott and Logan exchanged knowing looks. *CRACKLE* “We’ll be right there. Stay in the same position, don’t wander any deeper without us.” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “Ok.” *CRACKLE*

Louise was standing in front of Liam virtually bouncing on the balls of her feet. “So which way do we go first?”

He shook the walkie talkie at her. “He said we have to stay here.”

“Yeah, I know, but…” She turned on the spot and pointed to the far corridor. “I vote this way.” And she jogged in that direction.

“Lou!” He watched her disappear down the corridor and looked back at the entrance, torn on whether to follow her or wait for his father and Scott. “Shit, he’s gonna kill us.” He ran off towards the corridor she had taken. “Lou, wait!”

He found her hunting through a desk, opening drawers and rummaging through the contents. Once she had finished she moved on to the medical cabinets lining the walls. “You going to stand there and watch or help?”

“We should go back and wait for the others.”

“They’ll find us. There’s no one and nothing here.” She shrugged and turned back to the cabinets.

He huffed and started looking around himself. “They must have taken everything when they cleared out. There’s no records, computers, data files, nothing.”

“I know, the only things they left were stuff that was easy to replace, like small surgical equipment and stuff like that.”

They left the cabinets and moved through an adjoining door into what looked like Hank’s med lab. Again all the major equipment like monitors, computers and large life support machines had been taken and easily replaced things were left where they lay.

The cabinets were open as if things had been taken out in a hurry. A large metal syringe lay on the floor and she bent to pick it up, turning it over in her hands - it was huge and she couldn’t imagine what kind of animal would need to have this used on them.

Looking around close to where it had been dropped she saw an open drugs box. It only had one large vial left in it, the others broken or taken. She stood up with the vial in her hands. “What the hell is tileta…tiletamine-zolazepam-xylazine-bu.. butorphanol?”

“Do I look like a chemist?” He walked over to her to look at the label, he raised an eyebrow. “It’s a large exotic animal tranquilliser.”

“If that means that any second now we’re going to come face to face with an elephant, I’m leaving!” She said laughing.

“No Lou. It says its for big cats, you know tigers and lions.”

“Oh, ‘cause that would be so much better to run into in a dark, dimly lit corridor!”

“*You* wanted to wander off and look around.”

“Come on Mr-Whiney-Pants, there’s nothing else in here.”

They left the syringe and tranquillisers on the floor where they found them and went back into the corridor and further down it. The lights flickered slightly, but thankfully stayed on, even though it was only dim light.

The corridor came to a set of spiral stairs leading down. Louise began descending them before Liam could even open his mouth to stop her. A dark, narrow passage met them at the bottom, with dank cells opening on either side. Louise stopped after a few paces and turned back to Liam.

Her voice was a whisper. “What’s that smell?”

“I think it’s… you know… dead people!” He whispered, then frowned not knowing why. She took another step forward, but he held her arm to stop her. “We shouldn’t…”

She whispered back. “What if there’s someone left?”

“Not without dad and Scott.”

“Ok, call them.”

He nodded and raised the walkie talkie. *CRACKLE* “Dad, Scott?” *CRACKLE*

*CRACKLE* “…ere…. you… ver…” *CRACKLE*

“Shit, we must be too deep under. We’ll have to go back, Lou.” While he had been talking he hadn’t noticed that she had moved further down the corridor looking in and out of the cells. “Lou?”

She had stopped near the end cell her face close to the bars. “Eww! There’s a body in this one. Oh my God that’s just *so* gross!” Even though her revolution was obvious she still kept her voice quiet. “By …by the look of all the flies and… yuk… maggots, they’ve been dead for a …long time.” She put her hand over her mouth and nose to cover the smell and stared at the dead and decaying body at the back of the cell. “Why, why do people do this? It’s not right, it’s not fair.”

He walked towards her, the smell getting brought to him by a slight breeze in the corridor and getting more pungent the closer he got. He could hear the rustling of the maggots as they burrowed into the dead meat of the body. But before he could get anywhere near Louise, the bars of the neighbouring cell burst open and the small corridor echoed with a loud growl, showering dirt and dust and metal all over them. Both Liam and Louise ducked and rolled to the floor. Liam was closer to the spiral staircase and Louise had fallen back against the far wall out of the way.

A huge figure stood crouched on its hunches assessing them both. Shaggy hair was all over it like it hadn’t been cut in years, clothes hanging off in shreds and tatters - Liam thought that he looked like one of the Neanderthal models they had seen at the museum.

He stood up to full height and growled, pure black eyes full of menace stared back at Louise. His hands uncurled to reveal long yellowed claws, his lips parted slightly to reveal sharp canines and he let out a snarl like some big cat. Louise flinched backwards, but the wall stopped her from going any further.

“LOU!”

The huge man turned to Liam, his hair fanning out around him. “GET DAD!” Liam took half a step forward not knowing what to do - if he left Louise with the thing hulking over her, he could only imagine what would happen, but they needed help. “LIAM, RUN!”

And he did, turned and ran up the spiral stairs as quickly as he could, his legs and arms pumping wildly in the restrictive leather and he kept running and shouting for his father, his mind full of his sister and her fate.

He caught up with Logan ad Scott in the main foyer. He was out of breath and trying to talk, but not making much sense. “Louise, she’s, a big cat thing…”

“Ok, slow down.” Logan stood him up straight so he could breathe better.

“Louise and me, we got ambushed by some weird cat like man, it’s got her cornered.”

“Shit! Which way?”

“This way.” They all ran back the way Liam had come, pushing themselves just as hard.

“Why the hell didn’t you wait for us like I told you to?”

“Huh, have you ever tried to stop her from doing something? Its impossible!”

The beast in front of Louise made to run after Liam, but she jumped to her feet and her sudden movement brought his attention back to her. She swallowed and flattened herself against the wall. He was much bigger than her brother or father and she thought that he should be in Pro-Wrestling, not locked in a cage in a weird dark corridor.

He moved in front of her and breathed heavily, but he made no attempt to touch her or hurt her. She stepped slowly to the side and tried to edge round him, but he growled.

“O-kay, get a grip girl, you’re the mouthy one, you’re the one who’s not afraid of anything, you’re… oh crap!” She moved back to the wall again. “Your going to rip me limb from limb aren’t you?”

He growled and grabbed her by the arm and hauled her in front of her so his face was close to his. She watched his nostrils flare as he brought his hand up to try and touch her face. She panicked and did the only thing she could think of: kneed him in the groin and ran for the stairs as he doubled over. As she reached the top and dived into the med room that her and Liam had looked around before, she could hear him snarling as he ran behind her, his heavy steps pounding the floor.

She locked the steel door and pushed a metal table in front of it, hoping it would hold, then started to look around for the tranquilliser they had seen. She fond the huge syringe on the floor, now realising what it had been used for in the first place. Louise could hear him begin to snarl and pound on the door. She scrambled to get the vial of tranquilliser out of the box, she couldn’t and had to rip her gloves off with her teeth to finally get a hold of the vial.

“Why no Logan, I don’t want self defence lessons! Why on *earth* would I want any! Stupid stupid stupid girl! Why can’t you ever just wait and do what you’re told Louise!! Scott’s anal for a reason!!” She tried to get the needle into the end for the vial bottle, but it wouldn’t fit, then noticed that you had to put the vial into the other end of the syringe and it worked by itself like a big dart.

She spun round and dropped the syringe as he exploded through the door with an immense roar. She watched the syringe roll away from her as he backed her against the far wall, getting close to her face again. Louise put out her hands to try and stop him, they were on his chest and where his shirt was ripped open and hanging off they made contact with his skin.

In her fearful and panicked state she couldn’t control her mutation and his confused emotions flooded her. White light engulfed them as she realised that he didn’t actually want to hurt her, he too was confused, scared and... alone. He had no idea where he was or, more importantly, who he was, how to speak or communicate fully, nothing about the world outside of his cell, nothing.

Their eyes met and she could feel all of him. His power and dominance, his savagery born out of years of abuse and torture, his need for freedom, a purpose, but mostly she could feel that he so desperately didn’t want to be alone anymore. He wanted human kindness, softness of skin, that’s why he had wanted to touch her, he wanted comfort instead of beatings and torture and being constantly left drugged in the darkness of his cold cell.

She calmed and tried to shut off her mutation, but she couldn’t, she had opened the connection with him and now didn’t want to shut it off as the sheer scale of his emotions making her judgement so clouded. His power flooded her like a drug, making her dizzy with adrenaline and testosterone, her breathing got heavy and she could feel sweat begin to pool in the centre of her back. But she did, she did shut it off and he sunk to his knees in front of her.

Kneeling as well she held his face his her hands, meeting his black eyes head on. “It’s over now.”

His expression seemed to soften and she briefly thought that under all the hair he was probably quite handsome. But the moment didn’t last long as his nostrils flared again and he rose quickly to his feet, shoving her behind him roughly, holding her in place with his arm.

Logan, Liam and Scott ran into the room and spread out in from of Louise’s would-be protector. “Holy shit! Creed!” Scott raised his hand instantly to his visor.

“Get away from her bub! We have a score to settle.” Logan spread his arms and let his claws fly out with a familiar metallic ring.

Louise jumped at the sound; she’d seen his claws go in and out, but never quite like this. She was inadvertently touching Creed’s skin again and could feel that he had no idea who they were, he only wanted to do protect the girl. The girl. HIS girl on some basic level.

She gasped and let go of his arm, shaking free and standing in front of him, in between him and her father, Scott and Liam who had let his spirals out, ready for a fight.

“Wait! He doesn’t want to hurt anyone. Please just…”

“Louise, darlin’, get the fuck out of the way, you don’t know who you’re dealing with. He’s an old friend of ours. One I thought we put in the ground a long time ago.”

Victor Creed sensed the girl’s fear of him getting hurt and quickly wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her against him and letting the intruding men see his claws, he growled - hoping they would leave them alone.

“Let go ‘a her you bastard or I’ll…”

“Dad!” His eyes snapped to his daughter’s. She knew that calling him dad would make him pay attention to her and not Creed. “I trust you, so trust me, please, he doesn’t know where he is, who he is, how to speak, anything. He has no clue, he’s been abused and tortured and he needs help. Please. Back off.”

“Louise, this is completely ridiculous. He’s dangerous, what the hell do you want us to do? Take him home?”

She stared at Scott for a beat or two. “Well…”


***********END OF PART SIX