Author's Chapter Notes:
More thanks to BC.
Title: Missing 12/?
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: R
Category: Movieverse.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

The sun came up over Xavier’s school, but no one on the lower levels noticed. Resting against the doorframe of the med lab Logan watched on unnoticed as Marie sat on the big exam bed and chatted with her children. Getting as much information out of them as she could. Their school reports, boyfriends, girlfriends, their graduation, their prom. She wanted to know it all and they were only too happy to tell her.

In the middle of Liam telling her how he had missed most of his graduation ceremony because he was breaking Louise out of a toilet cubicle that she’d somehow broken the lock on, Marie broke down crying. “I’m so sorry, I missed everything, I missed everything and I… I’m so sorry!” She held them close again.

They hugged her again. “It’s ok. The Professor said that if you and Gambit hadn’t gone that night the world and mutants would be so much worse off, and God knows what would have happened to us then.”

Marie nodded at her daughter wiping her face and chuckling. “How’d you get so damn smart huh?”

“Must be her father’s side.”

Marie’s head whipped round towards the door. “Logan.” Her breath caught in her throat. He was exactly how she remembered him, though why she expected him to look different she didn’t know. Recovering quickly she smothered her small smile, replaced it with a frown and turned away.

“You can’t hide that from me darlin’. I saw that.”

She glared at him. “Saw what exactly?”

He uncrossed his arms and put them in his pockets. “For a second there, you were actually pleased to see me."

She smiled a little. “Just for a second.”

He shrugged, a wide smirk on his lips. “I’ll take what I can get, darlin’.”

She gave a sarcastic chuckle as he moved into the room and stood next to the bed. “You don’t ever change do you Logan.”

“You’d be disappointed if I did.” He forced a smile against his nervousness and reached forward running a finger down and through her white streak. When he realised that his hand was shaking he stuffed it back in his pocket. And then his eyes met hers and she smiled back at him and it hit him just how much he wanted to touch her, hold her, bury his face in all that brown silky hair and drown in her scent. He broke eye contact first and scratched the back of his neck. “We... er... kinda need to talk. I have to explain a coupla things to…”

“Not now. Ok, you’re right, we do need to say some things, but…” she glanced at the twins. “Just not now.” She chuckled and then broke into laughter, free and full of life as she got off the bed and stood in front of everyone. “I need some coffee and a beer, and some food! Christ I’m so hungry I think I could actually eat someone! Ooh chocolate, pretzels! Oh God how I fucking love pretzels!”

“Rogue I do not think it would be wise to eat anything with a high sugar count right now. Rather find something simple, plain salad or chicken and rice.”

“I am not… Whoa!” She spun round to face Hank and instantly went dizzy. Logan caught her as she swayed backwards. Her back was pressed against his chest and she could feel his breath on her neck. She shuddered slightly, and it wasn’t from the cold this time.

They stepped away from each other almost shyly as the others gathered around her and helped her back onto the exam bed. Hank looked into her eyes with his miniature light again. “Well, I think that proves you need to take things a little more slowly.”

“Screw that Hank, I’ve been asleep for years! I want to live! Eat a load of crap and spend some time in the fresh air.”

“Rogue if you overload your body it might react disfavourably. Nausea, vomiting or even something more serious. Now, how many fingers am I holding up?”

He put two fingers in front of her face and she raised her middle finger back. “How many am I holdin’ up doc?”

“Rogue really!” Everyone laughed.

“I’m sorry, but, I want outta here, I’ll take it easy I promise, there’s enough people around to look out for me, but I just need to get some air and get out!”

Sighing, Hank agreed. “Only if you promise to stay with the twins and Logan. I have a few more things that I want to run through with you, and there are tests we need to perform. We still haven’t tested the responses of your mutation yet…”

“Hank, I’ll be fine and if I’m not you’ll be the first to know.” After she flashed him a brilliantly bright smile he relented and let her out of the med lab.

*********

Victor Creed’s nightly sleep had been restless and annoying. Xavier had rooted through his mind for nearly four hours. It had been painful and left him feeling like a large elephant was trampling around inside his head. Xavier had said that there were a lot of abnormalities with some of his memories, like they were more suggestions rather than actual memories and there were blocks that the Professor knew had been put there psychically rather than occurring naturally through trauma. Xavier said that he wanted him to have a full scan in the med lab at some point that day. Victor wasn’t looking forward to it.

He rolled over in the large bed and stared at the clock. It was just past dawn and he’d been asleep for around forty minutes - he couldn’t stop thinking about Xavier roaming through his mind and he couldn’t stop thinking about Louise and how he’d like to feel her against his skin. He threw the covers back and decided to have a shower. He was wound up and frustrated and as the steaming hot water belted his skin he looked down at himself, realising he was horny to boot. Trying to ignore his raging hard-on he washed himself vigorously, then ran his hand through his hair, then shook his head out and ran his hand over his chin. “Need a shave.” He chuckled. “Wonder where little princess is.” His groin responded to the thought of Louise and he swore.

Once he was dried off and dressed in sweats and a black wifebeater he grabbed a small towel and headed down towards the gym. He smirked cockily to himself at some of the appreciative looks he got from a couple of the girls he passed, inflating his ego.

*********

“A pilgrim?”

“Yeah, I was always a pilgrim in the Thanksgiving play and Liam always ended up being dressed as a giant squash.”

Logan laughed and Liam blushed a little. “I didn’t like speaking, o.k.?”

Marie chuckled, then frowned a little. “I’m sorry I didn’t get to see that.” She touched Louise’s cheek and them Liam’s arm. “Sorry I didn’t get to see all your plays and musicals and recitals, everything.”

Louise jumped up out of her seat on the rec room sofa. “I have a load of photos in my room. A lot are of us when were at school and then some of here and of Clara and Fred. School trips, holidays… wanna see?”

“Of course I do…” she gave a small sideways glance at Logan. “But, later on? I would like to talk to Logan for a moment. If you two wouldn’t mind giving us a minute or two?”

Marie watched as Liam and Louise looked at each other, smiled brightly and stood up. She pointed an accusing finger. “What? What was that? I recognise that look! You two used to exchange that look when you were up to something or you knew something that I didn’t.”

“Don’t worry about it, mom, you two take all the time you want.”

Liam followed his sister towards the door. “Yeah, all the time in the world, you know to talk, argue, have sex, whatever…” Liam laughed as the cushion to his mother’s side flew threw the air and hit him on the head.

“Get out, the pair of you!” Logan growled, but there was no weight behind it.

Louise stopped in the doorway and turned to Logan. “See you later. Dad.” She bit her lip, then as she watched a huge smile spread on his face she smiled too before turning back to her brother and pushing him out of the room.

As they practically stumbled over each other to make an exit, both heard Logan’s deep chuckle and they exchanged their look again. This time it was to acknowledge that they thought life was finally getting good. After exchanging a pinkie-handshake Liam ran off towards the kitchen and Louise headed to her room.

Back in the rec room Logan was still grinning like an idiot. “Why are you smiling like that?”

He jerked his head towards the door. “First time she’s called me dad. She said she wanted to wait, until we were together, like it should have been.”

“Congratulations. Seriously, I’m pleased... more than pleased that you get on with them so well.” Marie brought her knees up under her and rubbed he arms.

“You still cold?”

“Yeah. Hank said I’ll warm up eventually. So you and the kids?”

“They’re fantastic, I mean really really fuckin’ fantastic. He’s smart, strong, honourable. He’s got that…arty flare. Guess he got that from you.”

“Not me, I can’t even draw a proper stick man! Kit-kat was always the smart one, Jubes the arty one and me…”

“The sexy one.”

“Logan…” She picked at her jeans and refused to look at his intense gaze. “What about Louise?”

“She’s amazing. Just like her mom, pretty, stubborn, sassy. Christ that girl has a fire in her... When she blows up, damn! stand well back.” He wanted to add ‘She has strange taste in men’ too, but decided to leave all that for later. “They both heal, did you know that?”

“Yeah, they’ve always done that, right from when they were babies.”

“They’re really close too, I think…”

“I’m sorry.” He met her eyes, but she wasn’t able to hold his gaze. It made her feel 17 again and she didn’t need that right now. “I made some very bad choices and I wish that I’d done better. At the time, you know, it seemed the right thing to do and I went with it.”

“I can’t say I’m not pissed about loosing my kids for so long, but… I understand. Maybe I would have sent you all away anyway, somewhere safe, I don’t know.”

“Did it get bad?”

“Yeah, it got bad, people got hurt, a couple of the students simply disappeared. If I’m honest, there were a few times when I was glad you weren’t here. Look, about Jean…”

“I know about Jean and the night I left. i don't want to talk about that woman.” She got up off the chair and walked to the large window at the end of the room, rested her forehead on the glass and looked out at the trees swaying gently in the breeze. “I said some awful things to you, things that I really didn’t mean.”

She hadn’t heard Logan move, but knew he was right behind her. She could feel the heat coming off him. “Doesn’t matter anymore. It was a long time ago.” He gently touched the back of her hair, letting his fingers find their way through to her scalp. “I used to spend hours with my hands in your hair, remember?”

“Yes…” it was a breathy moan and it escaped her mouth without her permission - she couldn’t help it, the same way she couldn’t help closing her eyes and leaning her head back into his hand.

Turning around to face him she opened her eyes, only to be met with intense desire. His hand stayed in her hair and she turned her face to kiss his palm gently, as he closed the space between them. “Marie…” She shut her eyes, tight, but a small tear escaped. It had been so long since she had felt him this close, so long since she’d smelled his pure masculine scent, so long since he’d touched her or said her true name. She wanted to ask him why he had let her go, but right in this moment, she didn’t care anymore.

Gently he wiped her tears away with his thumb and bent his head kissing her chastely on the lips. She suddenly realised that he was as unsure of himself as she was, both wanted the other, that was obvious, but their trust, their original bond had been damaged and neither knew how to fix it.

She whispered against his lips. “We shouldn’t do this.”

“What, kiss?” His voice was as quiet as hers.

“Logan…”

“Yeah...?”

Before she could answer he was kissing her again, his hands sinking into her hair and his lips crashing down on hers. She couldn’t keep her hands off him, it was impossible to resist and she really didn’t want to. Even though for him it had been 12 years of staring at her in the stasis chamber, for her, it had been seven years without him, starved of his touch, his passion and his love. So she kissed him and she let him kiss her, she pressed herself against him and he pressed her into the wall and they kissed.

Louise took the stairs two at a time and jogged down the main corridor of the teacher and visitor dorm, feeling carefree and happy. As she was half way along the corridor she heard a noise behind her and stopped to see who it was. But as she turned to see a hand shot out from one of the rooms and pulled her in.

Before Louise knew what was happening she was pinned up against expensive wood panel by a large chest. “Victor! You scared the hell out of me, leg me go…”

He ground himself against her and pressed his face into her neck, shooting his tongue out to taste her skin. Her gasping breath filled the room as he ground against her again. She wasn’t able to stop herself from moaning as his hands ran all over her body, over the curve of her ass, up her sides and onto her breasts. Her hands found his shoulders and she held on to him because she thought that she might fall. Victor slipped his hands under her t-shirt and she let go so he could get it over her head and throw it on the floor. She knew that she should be leaving or protesting or at the very least trying to stop him, but she just stared at him.

All she could do was whimper as he groped her breasts, while licking her neck. He worked his way to her lips and stole her breath as he kissed her. She couldn’t stop touching him and pushed her hands up under his t-shirt to feel his skin against hers.

Victor broke away from her, both were panting as he brought her hand out from under his shirt and held it to his face. “Open it up, I know you like it. Can see it on your face.” He leaned in and licked the side of her face. “I can smell it too, you’re hot for it, to feel all that power runnin’ through you. Scares you, don’t it, princess. It scares you how much you like it, ‘cause you know you shouldn’t like hurting people, even just a little bit.” His voice was a whisper on her skin. “Scares you ‘cause it makes you just like me, don’t it. Turn it on princess.”

She bit her lip, then licked them as she stared into his pit black eyes. Her mutation seemed to turn on of its own accord and she felt him rush into her. His passion and energy flooded her like the first hit of a drug, it left her feeling half-conscious, almost lazy and her eyes rolled into the back of her head as he hissed at the slight pain. Her knees gave out and he picked her up wrapping her legs around him.

Moan was all she could do as she felt his hands go all over her, her breasts, her thighs, the rush from him blocking out all rational thought. She finally managed to open her eyes when he began to ravage her lips again. Her hands went on his face and she saw nothing but brilliant white light. That’s when she realised - she let go and pushed, completely and utterly, she panicked knowing how much she could really hurt him, how much she had hurt Liam before and she tried to turn it off.

Victor broke away from her, stepping back and leaving her panting breathlessly against the wall. The pain had got too much. He wanted to be touching her again as he liked the rush of her mutation as much as she did, but she had opened it up to far and pushed it back at him, the wave of emotion and power he got was too much.

She looked dizzy for a moment and he caught her body before it hit the floor, watched as her eyes flew back in her head and she started to convulse violently in his arms. Pain and fear rolled off her in waves as he gently laid her on the ground so he could get help, he opened the door to his room and leaned out. “SOMEBODY HELP!”.

*********

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER, YOU FUCKING BASTARD?!”

Victor pushed Logan away from him. “Back the fuck up, runt! We were talking, next thing I know she’s shaking all over the goddamned floor. Had fuck all to do with me!”

Logan growled and punched him in the face, knocking him down. “You fucking stay away from my daughter! I warned you!”

Victor was on his feet and about to pounce on Logan when Scott held him back, Liam holding already onto Logan. All four of them were standing in the hallway outside the med lab. Hank had asked them to leave so that he could help Louise without having to listen to Logan and Victor shout at each other. Only Marie was in there with her.

Both men shook off Scott and Liam who stayed between them. “This isn’t helping anyone, especially Louise.”

This time Logan pushed Scott in the chest. “Killing *him* will help *me*!”

Glancing from Logan to Victor and then back again, Scott shook his head. “If it turns out he had anything to do with her condition, then by all means help yourself, but right now we need to just calm down.”

Marie hovered by the side of the exam bed that Louise was sitting on, paced a little while Hank was checking over her daughter and then while Xavier was searching the girl’s mind. With Louise’s permission, he had wanted to check the level of control that she had over all the aspects of her mutation.

Louise had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders to cover her semi-nakedness and stared at the floor, scared of what was wrong with her and embarrassed at how she was found. Her mother watched Hank and the Professor talked things over on the other side of the room by Hank’s desk. Then Xavier gave them both a pleasant smile and excused himself: He wasn’t able to stay as he had an urgent telephone meeting. Hank said he would be with them in a few minutes as he left the main lab and went into one of the many storage rooms. Marie sat down next to Louise. “So, you want to tell me what’s going on with you and… ‘him’?”

“Nothing.”

“Louise, baby, you were in his room half naked. I mean did he, you know was he trying to…”

“No!”

“This is a mutual thing?” Louise only nodded and Marie swallowed her anger at the thought of Sabretooth trying to hurt her daughter. Then another horrible thought struck her. “Are you sleeping with him?”

Louise turned to her mother with a look of utter embarrassment, she pulled the blanket round her a little tighter. “No! I’m not sleeping with anyone!”

“But you were going to?”

“No! I don’ know. We were kissing and then… I just got kinda lost.”

Marie got up and stood in front of Louise again, rubbing her arms gently. “What do you mean, you got lost?”

She moved her shoulders uncertainly. “Its how he makes me feel. I get anywhere near him and its like the whole world gets really small and stands still and nothing else exists except how I feel and I don’t even know how I feel ‘cause all I can see is him and all I can hear is blood rushing in my ears. He’s so intense, I… I touch him and I can literally feel myself vibrate and if I turn my mutation on, just a little, just to try and gauge what he’s thinking because his eyes never give anything away, it hits me like a truck, its like a…”

“A rush.” One Marie knew only too well.

“Yeah, yeah, a rush, but I don’t know what of. He’s like fire running through my whole body and it burns, on the inside and I… my skin, mom it… it scares me.”

“Sweetie. I understand.”

Louise began to cry softly as she shook her head. “No, no you don’t, I… Hank thinks my control slips, but, how can you understand. It’s like I…”

“Like you have to touch him, you have to have just one more little hit, one more little piece of energy that’s like nothing else in the world.”

Louise stared wide-eyed at her mother.

“You don’t just want it, you *need* it. And it’s not just him, is it? I understand why it scares you, Louise. Before, when I couldn’t control mine, people thought that I was scared I’d hurt someone, scared of the voices in my head. But it’s not that, it’s being scared that you like it. That you like the rush, the feel of someone else’s energy flooding you like hot lava. Especially if said person has more energy that the national grid, if that person lights you up like a Christmas tree and gets you hooked. So yeah, I understand. You have control over your mutation. It’s the lack of control over yourself that scares you.”

“How…?”

“Your father. Long time ago, we had an accident - I had to touch him, take his mutation, heal myself and my whole world… exploded into tiny pieces. Then a couple of days later, something else happened, doesn’t matter what right now, but it was bad and he touched me, gave me everything and I mean everything... and I took it. In the end I pushed him away, but I didn’t want to, I stared wide-eyed at him nearly bleeding to death at my feet, but I couldn’t move, couldn’t help, I just stood there. Crackling with energy, like a cooling engine, hissing and pinging, trying desperately to settle, to get a hold of myself so I didn’t put my hands on his face and take what was left.”

Louise started to sob and Marie held her close and stroked her hair. “I’m… I’m so sorry. You must be so disappointed in me!”

“Shh, it’s ok. How could I ever be disappointed in you, huh?” She stepped back and lifted Louise’s chin, wiping her checks with her own hands. “We’ll figure this out.”

*sniff* “You promise?”

Marie kissed her on the forehead. “Yeah, I promise.” She held her close again and smiled when she felt Louise hug her back.

A small cough to the side made them break apart. Louise looked at Hank shyly and wiped her face. “Feeling a little better, my dear?” She nodded. “Good. From what I can gather with a little help from the Professor, you have two aspects to your mutation. The first part is your empathic ability through touch, which you do have control over, the second part is a little more complicated.”

“What do you mean?” Marie continued hold Louise close and rubbed her back soothingly.

“The first day that they came here, Louise had a panic attack, or what we all thought was a panic attack. Liam diffused it by letting her, in a way, use him as an outlet of sorts. At the time I was amazed at the amount of power she projected through Liam and it has puzzled me ever since. Charles believes that this is where you are lacking in control. The ‘power’ or ‘energy’ obviously builds up, and with no kind of release this is why you get these fits and uncontrolled outbursts. It’s basically more than your body can handle.”

“So what am I supposed to do?”

“Both Charles and I think that with some help you can control this, so he’s going to talk Scott about you using the danger room as a test area and give your mutation the room and safety it obviously requires.” Louise nodded wearily and Hank patted her gently on the knee. “I know things are all over the place at the moment, but try and stay calm, no stress or over-excitement.”

Marie and Louise exchanged glances, both more than a little worried, it was going to be easier said than done.

*****************END OF PART TWELVE.